carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your solitaires please!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings ladies!

Braga, did you reset your stone into a solitaire setting or are those older pictures? I love the look!

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1390409545|3598580 said:
Beautiful rings ladies!

Braga, did you reset your stone into a solitaire setting or are those older pictures? I love the look!
Thanks. Since I was having issues with the sizing on my other setting bc it was too big and couldn't be resized, my jeweler offered to redesign it fore using the same stones! But I am still losing weight so I am not reAdy for a major overhaul on it yet so I am wearing it on a simple solitaire until I reach my weight goal. And I'm kind of glad bc it is giving me the opportunity to get to know my stone better plus the incentive to lose weight!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makes perfect sense and good luck with the weight loss. The mounting is very pretty but I love it as a solitaire too! Now you have a dilemma! Would love to see more pictures of it as a solitaire - could be a good SMTB topic to be resurrected when and if you redo the mounting.

AudiLover

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I love your set! And your polish! What is it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1390117400|3596000 said:
diamondseeker2006|1390074029|3595590 said:
I can't believe you are considering changing your ring! It is gorgeous! :love:

I saw that Mayk mentioned my rings (thanks!!!), and I had figured my setting had been posted before now since several people have it. I, too, have struggled with what to do with my diamond, because I think it would be beautiful in an antique style setting. However, I don't want my rings to be too "fancy" because I dress extremely casually 95% of the time. So I have a mental conflict about what to do!!!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics, handshot and my two favorite pics. Setting is Vatche U-113, size 5.75 (but I really wear 5.5), diamond is an AVR 2.29 cts, I VS1.

Good luck with your own decision!

I love the pattern on your stone! The solitaire setting seems to showcase it so beautifully. But, I also understand the feeling of wanting to change settings. How long have you had it in this setting?

Thanks! I got the new AVR diamond last May. I had a regular round brilliant in it prior to that. I do love your stacking bands, and that is the great advantage to a solitaire!

LLJsmom said:
diamondseeker2006, (sigh of relief...) I was wondering where your sparkly flower was. Would not be a real solitaire thread without your AVR beauty!! Ok, I'm going back to your pics now...

Thanks so much! :))

Acinom said:
I keep coming back to this thread to enjoy the beautiful solitaires!

DS: I hope you keep the current setting for your dreamy stone. I love the elegance and beauty of your ring. Lovely pics!!!! :love:

Aww, thanks Acinom! I adore your setting, as a matter of fact, but I like it best with larger stones!

lookingforever

Rough_Rock
Daisyoz|1390045682|3595358 said:
Thanks Kalomeli, LLJsmom, SgrPlum and Paula :wavey: . My wedding band is from Bluenile. Ctw is 0.25, 19 diamonds. I was surprised at how much the band plays up my e ring diamond.

Daisyoz, not sure if you will see this. I was wondering what is the width of your band? I couldn't find the .25 ct eternity on BN to check for myself. I ask because I am interested in doing the same ering setting, the vatche felicity, and would like to get a feel for proportions to the wedding band I am looking at which is 1.8mm. Thanks. :)

vsp08

Rough_Rock

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am flabbergasted at the many solitaires out there coming out of lurkdom. Thank you so much for sharing ladies! :wavey: Your stones and rings are utterly beautiful, and you each wear them so well, with your own style. Timeless and elegant is right!! :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1390407462|3598545 said:
Can I play? Semi-bezel solitaire setting. 2.32 I SI2 on size 5 finger.

baby monster, Looks like someone attached a little flashlight to your finger! Love it!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is amazing Misskittycat!!! And I love her as a solitaire. I cannot wait to see what your plans are.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling Braga: I love your new solitaire!!! Your center stone looks huge. Please create a Show me the Bling thread with lots of pics.

kmn010613

Rough_Rock
AudiLover|1390436287|3599009 said:
Wow! I love your set! And your polish! What is it?

Thanks! I know it is China Glaze, I will check color later!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1390474035|3599338 said:
Gladys!! 4.00ct OEC.

She may or may not stay a solitaire for much longer. Stay tuned!

ohhhh, i droooool. it looks perfect as a solitaire! what are you thinking of changing it to?

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
sweetpea&babycorn|1390712161|3601336 said:
Gladys!! 4.00ct OEC.

ohhhh, i droooool. it looks perfect as a solitaire! what are you thinking of changing it to?

I agree, she is really lovely as a solitaire, but I think the setting is just too delicate. After less than two months in this setting she started spinning freely (I had been super careful, definitely no knocks). I have spoken to two jewellers here (in Australia) who both have doubts about the durability of the setting. My husband and I are having discussions at the moment over what we should do about it. I will keep you posted.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My oval solitaire--1.006 ct F ex/ex with an antique Birks eternity band, DZ sapphire eternity stacker (not usually worn in the wedding stack), and my fave band--bead set 3/4 eternity. This is my original solitaire from my 1999 engagement.

_14150.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1390775625|3601682 said:
sweetpea&babycorn|1390712161|3601336 said:
Gladys!! 4.00ct OEC.

I agree, she is really lovely as a solitaire, but I think the setting is just too delicate. After less than two months in this setting she started spinning freely (I had been super careful, definitely no knocks). I have spoken to two jewellers here (in Australia) who both have doubts about the durability of the setting. My husband and I are having discussions at the moment over what we should do about it. I will keep you posted.

Are you thinking of haloing Gladys like SB or an 8 prong like mine? You should try Victor, his halos are quite delicate but still robust and the 8 prong I have is very sturdy.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Arkie, I would love to send her to Victor but unfortunately I can't get it there. Apparently FedEx won't cover jewelery and Australia Post won't insure anything over $5000. Which kinda leaves me in a bad place. Any suggestions?

I am going to chat to my jeweller this week about it. I am mad for Anne_h's VC split shank halo. I love SB's Emilya. I adore Meg's ERD halo too. I also love Charmypoo's triple split shank 8 prong. I also love Kate Moss's Art Deco setting (which actually looks like a more solid version of Charmy's ring, but with four claws). Mr K is surprising drawn to haloes. We shall see what happens!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1390816664|3601925 said:
Arkie, I would love to send her to Victor but unfortunately I can't get it there. Apparently FedEx won't cover jewelery and Australia Post won't insure anything over $5000. Which kinda leaves me in a bad place. Any suggestions?

I am going to chat to my jeweller this week about it. I am mad for Anne_h's VC split shank halo. I love SB's Emilya. I adore Meg's ERD halo too. I also love Charmypoo's triple split shank 8 prong. I also love Kate Moss's Art Deco setting (which actually looks like a more solid version of Charmy's ring, but with four claws). Mr K is surprising drawn to haloes. We shall see what happens!!

Victor made both Arkieb's and my setting without the center stone. That could be sn option if you choose a non halo or non bezel design. But it seems you are drawn to a halo so hopefully your jeweler can make a special ring for you. :wavey:

blondie897

Rough_Rock
I got married last June :) Here are my ring stats:

Engagement ring:
Lazare diamond, 2.3ct solitaire brilliant cut stone. Color: H Clarity: SI1
14k yellow gold band with four prongs in platinum
size 4.25

Wedding band:
Tiffany Metro band in yellow gold
size 4.5

engagement_ring___band_1_0.jpg engagement_ring___band_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results