shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your snake jewelry

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve always loved snake jewelry, in particular Victorian snakes. I have one snake ring but lust after a pendant. Here is my ring:

DDEA3CF6-8D21-44D9-8CD3-42AF97E7E2F9.jpeg

And I wouldn’t mind having one like this:

6C96EB0F-1778-41FD-B973-0986ADACA26D.png
Please show me your snakes! I know they are out there!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I only have my spacer little Agatha, but I love snake/serpent jewelry.
I'm reaching out to someone to see if they'll set one of my stones because I really want a big girl ring!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice snake rings! I got these earrings for Christmas, I love them. No good photo of me wearing atm so this is the one from the listing.

6653686A-4CA8-4B14-A1A0-07E560481DF6.jpeg

This is the existing snake thread

I love your antique ring, I’ve got a Victorian snake ring coming next week, will post a photo when it arrives.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Nice snake rings! I got these earrings for Christmas, I love them. No good photo of me wearing atm so this is the one from the listing.

6653686A-4CA8-4B14-A1A0-07E560481DF6.jpeg

This is the existing snake thread

I love your antique ring, I’ve got a Victorian snake ring coming next week, will post a photo when it arrives.

Please do! So you mind sharing where your earrings came from? I can’t believe I haven’t seen them on my internet scours lol. Idk if my ring is antique or not. It says “Birks” on it and they were established in 1879 but still make jewelry I think.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I only have my spacer little Agatha, but I love snake/serpent jewelry.
I'm reaching out to someone to see if they'll set one of my stones because I really want a big girl ring!

Cool! Which stone and which designer? I thought of setting a marquis diamond in snake.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please do! So you mind sharing where your earrings came from? I can’t believe I haven’t seen them on my internet scours lol. Idk if my ring is antique or not. It says “Birks” on it and they were established in 1879 but still make jewelry I think.

Sure they are from the Eden Collective. Here is the link.

Your ring looks antique to me, I think snakes/Victoriana were fashionable again in the 1960s so it could date from then, some jewellers probably did better repro than others I guess.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while ago I made one for myself from sterling.
Here is the original thread, and a newer photo.
I reworked it recently and smoothed out a few areas.
IMG_20211231_100558977.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My great uncle had a snake ring very similar to yours @Mreader, his had one snake with diamond eyes and one with rubies. He'd be about 120 if he were still alive, so his must've dated from the 30s or 40s.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

I saw that in my search!!! Impressive!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Amazing you are very talented! Off to look at the original thread!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Cool! Which stone and which designer? I thought of setting a marquis diamond in snake.

I want to have https://oozajewelry.com make me a version of one of her snake designs but I can't decide on which one!!! She's on Insta and https://www.etsy.com/shop/OOZAJewelry?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=857650011
It's a little more of a contemporary feel and she's a 'newer' young artist. I haven't even asked her if she sets outside stones, but I'm hoping she will.
My favorite is finding female artists to buy from. Not always, but all of my commissions have been so far :bigsmile:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader It's a toss up between these two: The round ember colored or my new sleepy baby(the last of the triplets) I'm actually leaning into round town but I'm just not sure.

798850 866576

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
An eBay find, rose gold snake bracelet with rhodolite garnet and diamond head and tail. It's really cool. This is the glamour shot from the auction listing, I actually wear it with the snake head and tail pointing downward towards my fingers. It latches on the bottom, much like a belt would...there are three holes on the underside of the tail and the latch has a little head right in the middle that fits into those holes.
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
An eBay find, rose gold snake bracelet with rhodolite garnet and diamond head and tail. It's really cool. This is the glamour shot from the auction listing, I actually wear it with the snake head and tail pointing downward towards my fingers. It latches on the bottom, much like a belt would...there are three holes on the underside of the tail and the latch has a little head right in the middle that fits into those holes.
s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Whoa that is gorgeous!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
IMG_5025.jpg

I got my ears pierced at the age of 57, when I saw these earrings in a jewellery store. I just had to have them! :)
They were called tadpoles, but they could pass for snakes, I think.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_5025.jpg

I got my ears pierced at the age of 57, when I saw these earrings in a jewellery store. I just had to have them! :)
They were called tadpoles, but they could pass for snakes, I think.

they were surposed to be :kiss2:

you know not that 57 is in anyway old ( i had my 50th last year)
but i always pictured you as just a slip of a young thing =)2
you must be young at heart and may we all grow old gracefully

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Those are so cool and what an interesting story about your piercings!
What’s even weirder - I didn’t buy the earrings right away. I mulled over my decision to get my ears pierced for about 6 months, before calling the jewellery store to see if they still had the earrings.
Then I drove 3.5 hours to go buy them. I got to the store, and they were having a “going out of business” sale. I bought the earrings, but couldn’t even try them on, as I hadn’t yet had my ears pierced.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
they were surposed to be :kiss2:

you know not that 57 is in anyway old ( i had my 50th last year)
but i always pictured you as just a slip of a young thing =)2
you must be young at heart and may we all grow old gracefully

Thank you very much for your nice comments and your kind words, @Daisys and Diamonds.
I try to stay young at heart, but it gets harder as I am getting older. I got my ears pierced 12 years ago, so I’m even older than you thought :D

I love reading all your thoughtful posts. And at 50 years young, you’re still a baby! :)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F52A712-BD9C-4907-8D3B-AF8EC0BFCE7A.jpeg
here’s my snake setting from OMJ.

Would love to have an antique piece as well. I love even the ones that have derpy faces. :)

Cheyenne Weil also has put out some beautifully done snake pieces

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Would love to have an antique piece as well. I love even the ones that have derpy faces. :)

That is one of my favorite pieces on this forum :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Who is OMJ and what is the stone?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results