shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your snake jewelry

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I get the not spending thing. But in my mind, I consider how much I might enjoy an item... and if I'll regret not buying it (especially something unique). If I keep gong back to look, well, that tells me something.
Rarely have I regretted such a purchase.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I get the not spending thing. But in my mind, I consider how much I might enjoy an item... and if I'll regret not buying it (especially something unique). If I keep gong back to look, well, that tells me something.
Rarely have I regretted such a purchase.

Thank you @CHRISTY-DANIELLE...will still have a think and also gonna tag @PreRaphaelite to see if she wants to enable :lol-2: .

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It's hefty at 7 ish grams-- like you wanted and 18k too. She takes returns, so low risk there. Meanwhile you could inquire on costs from DK.
I just saw this edited part. Yes I saw the weight in asking for more deets asked if she thought most of the heft was in the pin or snake.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
until this thread ive never given snakes mush thought
we dont have them here, in fact its illegal
but i love reptiles
snakes get such a bad rap, its fabulouse they also get made into beautiful jewlery
I wonder what happened to Queen Victoria's snake engagment ring

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
until this thread ive never given snakes mush thought
we dont have them here, in fact its illegal
but i love reptiles
snakes get such a bad rap, its fabulouse they also get made into beautiful jewlery
I wonder what happened to Queen Victoria's snake engagment ring

I’ve wondered that myself I tried to find a picture before but couldn’t.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
ive been googerling
i read maybe she was burried in it ?
if she was then how is this colour photo correct ?
ive asked over at the royal jewles thread, im sure @prince.of.preslav will be along shortly to tell us
1642286991234.png

I was just reading the same! That she was buried in it. There was a painting of their linked hands but her left hand isn’t showing.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @CHRISTY-DANIELLE...will still have a think and also gonna tag @PreRaphaelite to see if she wants to enable :lol-2: .

Consider yourself enabled. But maybe I have an ulterior motive and should not be trusted! Conflict of interest!

That safety-pin back looks like rose gold - when you've hade it converted to a pendant, maybe your Bench could keep the pin hardware intact - and then you could sell it to me! :)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Video!

4CDBA650-45DD-43B6-A971-9C2D34EB8BC2.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Not me - I guess I hemmed and hawed to much. Maybe a PSer still got it…

Oh wait - maybe not bc the comments are so old? Now I’m confused…

eta plot thickens the video was in Sept so I wonder if someone bought and returned.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Nice snake rings! I got these earrings for Christmas, I love them. No good photo of me wearing atm so this is the one from the listing.

6653686A-4CA8-4B14-A1A0-07E560481DF6.jpeg

This is the existing snake thread

I love your antique ring, I’ve got a Victorian snake ring coming next week, will post a photo when it arrives.

@meely did you ever get your ring? I would love to see a photo!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Video!

Seller said the stone was secure in setting and that the pin had more "heft" than the snake but that the snake wasn't lightweight either. One thing I'm trying to visualize is the size bc it's quite smaller than I am envisioning I believe when I look at it near the dime and read that the width is 14mm. Still hemming. Still hawing. This one was also saved in my watchlist. Less expensive, already a pendant, though perhaps not as unique.

Hem haw hem haw hem haw. :lol-2:

snake 2.jpg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came across this one and thought of this thread immediately. This is a sweet one because it combines the perennial favorites, snakes and skulls. So it really has a lot of cross-appeal. And I love the romantic little heart in the center -- especially when worn facing "out." Maybe I'm just a sucker for romance. :lol-2:

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 10.23.57 AM.png

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Seller said the stone was secure in setting and that the pin had more "heft" than the snake but that the snake wasn't lightweight either. One thing I'm trying to visualize is the size bc it's quite smaller than I am envisioning I believe when I look at it near the dime and read that the width is 14mm. Still hemming. Still hawing. This one was also saved in my watchlist. Less expensive, already a pendant, though perhaps not as unique.

Hem haw hem haw hem haw. :lol-2:

snake 2.jpg

Love this

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s on page 2 of this thread!

I am such a dope I saw that and even commented but somehow did not connect that it was you. Whoops!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love snake jewellery!!!! A dream to have some by Lalaounis.

Here's a pretty ring....

cheers--Sharon

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
ive been googerling
i read maybe she was burried in it ?
if she was then how is this colour photo correct ?
ive asked over at the royal jewles thread, im sure @prince.of.preslav will be along shortly to tell us
1642286991234.png

I'm afraid I don't know with certainty what happened with Queen Victoria's ring. I can only speculate that she was buried with it based on her sentimentality. Indeed, the Old Queen had John Brown's mother's wedding ring in her coffin, so why not her own engagement ring? Another thing to consider is that the ring has not been exhibited after Victoria's death (like the exhibition for the 200th anniversary of her birth) and is not listed on the Royal Collection's website.

The ring you posted matches the description of Queen Victoria's - emerald head and ruby eyes, but the execution looks rather poor, even for mid-19th century.

PS: I love snake jewellery, even if I'm appalled by real snakes. Maria Felix had some wonderful examples! <3

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm afraid I don't know with certainty what happened with Queen Victoria's ring. I can only speculate that she was buried with it based on her sentimentality. Indeed, the Old Queen had John Brown's mother's wedding ring in her coffin, so why not her own engagement ring? Another thing to consider is that the ring has not been exhibited after Victoria's death (like the exhibition for the 200th anniversary of her birth) and is not listed on the Royal Collection's website.

The ring you posted matches the description of Queen Victoria's - emerald head and ruby eyes, but the execution looks rather poor, even for mid-19th century.

PS: I love snake jewellery, even if I'm appalled by real snakes. Maria Felix had some wonderful examples! <3

ive never given snakes much thought because we just don't have them here, not even in zoos but ive been following these guys on u tube because i love gators and now im warming up to snakes
so i think its really cool the Victorians wore snake rings

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Well @CHRISTY-DANIELLE you were right - I do NOT regret this purchase. I just received it in the mail today and I AM SMITTEN. It is absolutely gorgeous and was worth the expense imo. My photos are not as good as the vendor's - it looks just as beautiful irl as in the vendor's pics. But I will show you some anyway especially how I put it on the neck (I will convert to a proper pendant).

IMG_6331D.JPG IMG_6321D.JPG IMG_6327D.JPG

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Well @CHRISTY-DANIELLE you were right - I do NOT regret this purchase. I just received it in the mail today and I AM SMITTEN. It is absolutely gorgeous and was worth the expense imo. My photos are not as good as the vendor's - it looks just as beautiful irl as in the vendor's pics. But I will show you some anyway especially how I put it on the neck (I will convert to a proper pendant).

Oh I'm SO happy for you! Substantial, beautiful and unique! I'm so glad you bought it :)

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

:love: LOVE, that is all.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mreader
This snake is really wonderful!
It will be an incredible pendant...I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader you know, I'm looking at your pics and like it hanging both head up and head down. I'm wondering if a jeweler could attach a slider type mechanism right in the middle so that you could wear it either way. Just a thought.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mreader its beautiful! That’s going to make the perfect snake pendant!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results