carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 12:42:10 PM
Author: elle_chris
close up of the earings. One of the pearls is an almost aqua color. It''s difficult to tell in the pic but it''s gorgeous.
Beautiful Tahitians
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thanks very much Skippy
1.gif

Streeter1

Rough_Rock
My friend Sandi just got this set from PP. The freshwater pearls in the strand are fireballs and the earrings are tissue-graft exotics.

Exotic Fireball Set.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Love the earrings. They remind me of the golden south sea pearls.

I don''t understand what "tissue-graft exotics" means. I thought most Freshwater pearls with tissue grafted? Also I''ve seen the word exotic used alot. Can you (or anyone) explain what exactly "exotic" means when used on pearls?

Streeter1

Rough_Rock
By tissue-graft pearls I meant normal freshwater pearls. The fireballs are not tissue, they are 3rd-generation bead-grafts. Exotic would be anything out of the norm, usually referring to color combined with metallic lustre. An exotic color is on that does not fall in the range of purple, salmon and white, although some deep purples and pinks can be called exotic. Most of the exotics I''ve seen appear to mix gold with greens a purples.

Oh, and the colors have to be natural. If they are dyed they are usually referred to as "fancy colors."

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2009 7:33:59 PM
Author: Streeter1
By tissue-graft pearls I meant normal freshwater pearls. The fireballs are not tissue, they are 3rd-generation bead-grafts. Exotic would be anything out of the norm, usually referring to color combined with metallic lustre. An exotic color is on that does not fall in the range of purple, salmon and white, although some deep purples and pinks can be called exotic. Most of the exotics I've seen appear to mix gold with greens a purples.

Oh, and the colors have to be natural. If they are dyed they are usually referred to as 'fancy colors.'
ahh, thanks for the explaination. Especially what "exotic" means.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
I recently purchased lavender and white 7-8 mm AA+ freshwater studs from Pearl Paradise. I''ve never purchased pearls before, so I thought these would be an inexpensive way to see how I liked them. I do! They are lovely and the perfect size for my ears. If I were to redo it, I might get the AAA ones so they would be perfectly round, but these were a great deal and I love the color and luster. For a necklace, I think I would prefer larger pearls, so I''m saving for a 16" or 18" strand of white 8-9 mm AAA or Freshadamas (or GemFresh).

Lavender first:

sjpearls1.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty earrings. I love pearl studs!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve just received my 100 inch strand of freshwater pearls from TPO and they are gorgeous! I''m delighted with them especially when I got them for a steal.

Here they are...a bad shot taken in the bathroom and it looks like I have no chin :razz:

My100Pearl (500 x 667).jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 1:51:17 PM
Author: DiaDiva
I''ve just received my 100 inch strand of freshwater pearls from TPO and they are gorgeous! I''m delighted with them especially when I got them for a steal.

Here they are...a bad shot taken in the bathroom and it looks like I have no chin :razz:

Whoa!! Those are gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. I love those DD and just look at the luster on them. They look beautiful around your neck.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
i love them too!! that is such a great look!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I have this same strand! As well as the pink one... What I love about it is that it comes with a ring that allows me to quadruple the strand and twist it into a torsade. This is how I most often wear it!

It is extremely versatile.

Julie

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh man Elle, I love your pearls I don''t have any pearls other than the pearly ivory color, and seeing all these midnight colors make me want one
18.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 3:07:29 PM
Author: jmtomaui
I have this same strand! As well as the pink one... What I love about it is that it comes with a ring that allows me to quadruple the strand and twist it into a torsade. This is how I most often wear it!

It is extremely versatile.

Julie
Ooopps... I apologize. I do not have the Pearl Outlet strand. It is beautiful however!

I do have a white and a pink 64 inch strand from Pearl Oasis and they are also very pretty with terrific luster. And I see they now have a 64 inch multicolor that I just have to have. They are truly inexpensive so if anyone is looking for a fun look to add to their collection without spending any money (OK - $26.55) then I suggest you look at this site. It is under the bridal section for some reason. Here is the link to the multicolor I am going to order...

http://www.pearloasis.com/cgi-bin/catalognew.cgi?IDNUM=20090425162400&COMMAND=detail

and the picture they show with it...

Multicolor stand from PO.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks D&T- Tahitians are my favorites.
You do you know that can't just say you own a strand and not post pics! That's against PS rules!
9.gif

eta: The colors on that 64" are great! what a fun strand.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
DD, these look stunning on you!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you love them when you receive them, Elle!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I LOVE THESE, swooooooon!!! I want some!!! agh, they are gorgeous!!!
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 7:28:30 PM
Author: Skippy123

30.gif
Skippy, 99 bucks with the coupon code DiaDiva was nice enough to post. No tax or shipping charges. Now that''s a bargain for those pearls!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 7:32:17 PM
Author: elle_chris
Date: 6/19/2009 7:28:30 PM

Author: Skippy123

30.gif
Skippy, 99 bucks with the coupon code DiaDiva was nice enough to post. No tax or shipping charges. Now that''s a bargain for those pearls!

Skippy, they are really pretty pearls and for only $99, you can''t go wrong!
9.gif

Elle, you have to post pictures when they arrive....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, everyone has such lovely pearls!! I love all the Tahitians.
30.gif
I thought I would show a few that I don''t think I''ve shown before. Here are my Mikimoto earrings that my hubby brought home from one of his Japan trips.

cmspearlearringsmikimoto.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is a somewhat strange necklace also brought home from a Japan trip. It has tourmaline beads and two very large pearls.

cmsnecklace3.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is a set of fresh waters interspersed with lapis beads.

cmspearlblue2.jpg

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Seeing Catmom''s beautiful strand with the lapis reminded me that I never posted the 10 foot endless rope that I created a couple of weeks ago. I used some 6 - 7 mm white rice shaped freshwater pearls with 5 mm blue sapphire beads and 5 mm twisted heisi. They are really smooth for the most part but there are some "stripes" in some of the pearls. I used a double thread of 30 lb test white Power Pro and knotted between every pearl.

I like wearing it quadrupled and twisted into a torsade. I also wear it as a 5 strand necklace.

Sorry about the bad quality of the pics. The first one looks to be yellow but the pearls are very white with great luster. There is a slight rose overtone but I think the blue takes overrides it... You can see the rose a bit more in the second photo.

5 Strand.jpg

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Shoot, I thought I knew how to post multiple pics in the same post...

Coil Strand.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow jmtomaui that is COOL!! What a great project!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Jmt: Your strand is just gorgeous. I love seeing pearl torsades. Do you have any tips/tricks on keeping the strand twisted (so it doesn''t untwist while you''re wearing it)?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results