shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

fafa

Shiny_Rock
dh97, love your collection espeically the miki and the tiffany. They have amazing luster.
18.gif

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
This is my first post in this pearl forum, I have been admiring everyone''s collection! I had been debating on wedding jewelery for a while, finally decided on pearls just recently. I ordered a bracelet and earrings, from Blue Nile and they came today, they are beautiful!

First, the earrings--FW pearl triple drops in white gold.

wedding earrings2009.jpg

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
Next, the bracelet...button FW pearls and white gold.

wedding bracelet 2009.JPG

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 3:48:15 AM
Author: fafa

Date: 4/26/2009 12:43:40 AM
Author: innerkitten
Interesting. What does the other side of the clasp look like?
Here''s the other side.
I would hazard a guess that these might be older than you think - one of my graduated strands has the exact same clasp and was dated to 1947.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 6:07:14 PM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 4/26/2009 3:48:15 AM
Author: fafa

Date: 4/26/2009 12:43:40 AM
Author: innerkitten
Interesting. What does the other side of the clasp look like?
Here''s the other side.
I would hazard a guess that these might be older than you think - one of my graduated strands has the exact same clasp and was dated to 1947.
Yeah, you may be right. I''ve seen a lot of them on ebay with this clasp are from the 40s and 50s. I just don''t know when mikimoto discontinue this design.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''d love to see a mikimoto clasp time line someday.

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
I lurve pearls... here''s couple that doesn''t belong to me... sigh.... I''m starting to love golden south sea pearls.

Pearl Pic.jpg

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully this will turn out better

SSP.JPG

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve recently inherited these two pearl pieces. They belonged to my husband''s mother, who passed away about 12 years ago, I never knew her unfortunately. She bought them on a cruise to Japan sometime around 1960.

The lovely necklace, not a great photo, but it shows the box:

pearlneck.jpg

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
A better detail shot of the necklace and the clasp

pneck2.jpg

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
A lovely pearl and white metal necklace, there are hallmarks on the back of one of the ''leaves'' but they are too small for me to read without a magnifying glass. The clasp is missing, but it is in a Mikimoto box with certificate, so I have no reason to believe it isn''t Mikimoto. I need to take it to a jeweler to have the clasp replaced, and I think it also had a safety chain.

As well as being very pretty, these two things have great sentimental value to my husband and I.

pearlbclt.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, all these pearls are gorgeous, love the mikimotos, vintage and wowwee Southseas
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif
FAB collection EVERYONE
36.gif
36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread . . . gorgeous pearls, each and every one - I am just in love with them!
36.gif

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
The picture isn't very good and I'll try with another camera but these are my akoya strands and South Sea ring, brooch, earrings and Tahitian strands. I love pearls and at one point was quite obsessed with PEarl Paradise. :D Will retry for a new picture. Curse this shaky hand!

My PearlPic.jpg

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully this turns out better... Tahitian earrings and Pendant. White South Sea Pearl earrings and brooch.

Compressed1.jpg

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Baroque Tahitian strand

Compressed3.jpg

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Round Tahitian Strand

Compressed 2.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 7:18:31 AM
Author: MishB
A lovely pearl and white metal necklace, there are hallmarks on the back of one of the ''leaves'' but they are too small for me to read without a magnifying glass. The clasp is missing, but it is in a Mikimoto box with certificate, so I have no reason to believe it isn''t Mikimoto. I need to take it to a jeweler to have the clasp replaced, and I think it also had a safety chain.

As well as being very pretty, these two things have great sentimental value to my husband and I.
That''s beautiful! I adore the leaves!
30.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Everyone has such a beautiful collection! Wear them in good health!

Peace - Julie

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I love everyone''s pieces!
30.gif

Here are my first pair of ''good'' pearls. They arrived today. For those who like stats, here they are:

Categorized as Hanadama akoya cultured pearls (I received the certificate from Japan that grades and identifies them)
Approximately 7.65mm
Body color: White
Overtone: Silver/Rose
Luster: Highest
Matching: Excellent
Surface/Nacre: Clean
Gold: 14kt white gold
Thickness of Pearl Layers: 0.65mm
Teri-Value Analysis: Very Strong
Imperfection: Very Slightly
Purchased from: Pearl Paradise

IMG_44954545.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 6:10:35 AM
Author: Icy Melona
Hopefully this turns out better... Tahitian earrings and Pendant. White South Sea Pearl earrings and brooch.
I love the South Sea pearls. They look so satiny and silvery.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 12:10:03 AM
Author: Linda W
Date: 4/15/2009 8:37:26 AM

Author: Catmom

Gorgeous pearls everyone! Here are mine..........

ACK!!!! Not only do you have gorgeous gemstones, you have gorgeous pearls too. They are beautiful Michelle, love love love them.

Amen brothers and sisters!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock

I've tried sooo hard to stay out of this forum as i don't need another obsession. Alas, I failed.

Pearls were actually my frist love, way before diamonds. So in the end, i caved and am now back to my original obsession!

All the pearls posted here are just beautiful. But Tahitians, and the natural silver/blue akoyas have to be my favorite. So here's a few shots of my rather small collection. This is just a start though!

First is the strand I was so unsure about. First thought I'd keep it, then return, then decided to give them to my sister-in-law. As is stands now I'm keeping it because i love the color.

natural3.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
next is my tahitian round pendant and earings

tahitpenear.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
close up of the earings. One of the pearls is an almost aqua color. It''s difficult to tell in the pic but it''s gorgeous.

tahitear.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
And this is a strand of baroque akoya''s i just ordered from PP. I LOVE the color and as they were inexpensive, i just couldn''t resist.

blue2akoya.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgoeus pearls elle chris! Let us know how you like those blue baroques. I''ve been thinking about getting the smallest ones.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
elle: Your pearls are absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kelli and Linda
9.gif
There''s just something so beautiful about pearls... sigh..

Kelli- I should have them by next week. Will post a few pics so you can get an idea.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, everyone''s pearl''s are so pretty. I''m dying for some greyish gumballs!!
I know I saw some copper pearls on this forum a few days ago - does
anyone remember where they were purchased? I think I want to buy my
best friend some for her BDay.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results