shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
the tincup necklace is from Beijing too.
the other starnd I bought online, never worn.

IMG_0258tincupPearls22.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Bebe, your collection is amazing!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/6/2009 11:27:11 PM
Author: ksinger

My 8mm gem grades....

20'' strand

ivory overtone

I wear them almost every day.

...and that is so good for them!!! Pearls do not like to be kept in a box! (And mine are!) You are treating your pearls well. These are fantastic! I have been lurking and just looking at all the pictures. Everyone''s pearls are gorgeous and soothing for me to see!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marvellous collections gals! Wonderful eye candy!

SDL--your photo is so beautiful it took my breath away!

cheers--Sharon

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
HOW HAVE I NOT FOUND THIS????

!!! Yay!!

I will have to take pics of mine. I have some baroque silvery-blue (natural color) akoyas, a lavender FW set, SS and tahitian pendants, and some multicolor strands that are amazing colors.

Coati-are those multicolors from PPs exotic sale by chance????

Yay for pearls on PS!

ETA nevermind Coati, just found your thread!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 8:46:39 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
vintage white strand from ebay. These need to be worn so they warm/luster up a bit.
I hate to be dumb, but...is this true?? I bought a pearl strand (necklace and bracelet set) from ebay to wear on my wedding day. I have no idea if they are real or not - cheap or otherwise. But they don''t exactly ''luster.'' Would wearing them more bring this out?? I def. want to do so if that''s the case...before my big day!! :)

I will post photos and a description of them in a sec. :) Nothing to compare to what YOU GUYS have, though...GORGEOUS

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
wow i am in pearl heaven!!!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Okay...here is my pearl necklace and bracelet set that I got from someone on ebay. Again, I don''t know if they are synthetic or natural. They are an off-white, but not quite ivory (despite the photos. When I took these photos, I had tried different lighting, but nothing photographed exactly what I saw with my eye)The heart is made up of small pink sapphires which I have to say are probably lab-created. Their color is less than satisfactory, but the idea of it is still nice (as I have a pink sapphire as the center stone in my engagement ring). And on each side of the heart (in both the necklace and the bracelet) is a small diamond chip. I feel awful posting such non-specific info on PS, but it''s all I know for now. For the bracelet, the heart is the clasp (which I think is really neat) and then there is a traditional clasp for the necklace. :)

Pearls%20in%20box_smA.jpg

Pearls%20clasp_smA.jpg

The following pictures are from the vendor who sold these to me. She must''ve had super strong lighting and a way better camera than me!

pearlsapph2_smA.jpg

pearlsapph_close_smA.jpg

The color on the heart isn''t really anything like this...it''s kind of more brownish-orangish-peachish?? If that makes sense...but NOT a padparadscha...*swoon* I wish!!

Okay!! And that''s it...now I''m trying to find earrings to match/incorporate everything (on a budget) and it''s extremely difficult.

I found these and I LOVE them, but they''re out of my budget right now. *cries*

diamond pearl drop earrings on white.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Ladies!!!! I''ve just found this bit of the forum and what gorgous pearls you all have! I''ve been lusting over the Mikimotos and just about everything else in general! I adore the wedding photos.

I have a bit of a Tahitian Pearl fetish - here are some of mine ..........

This is my favourite TP pendant. The TP is 9mm and is mounted on either 14 or 18k white gold (can''t remember which!) with diamonds. It is astonishingly heavy!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earrings and matching pendant - sorry about the awful photos!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pendants

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rings

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite TP rings! Oooops I've resized the photo and it looks oblong!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD: What a beautiful collection of Tahitian Pearls you have. They are lovely. I love the huge pendant of yours, beautiful luster.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 1:52:04 PM
Author: coatimundi
Date: 3/4/2009 11:34:41 PM

Author: Linda W

Coati: OMG!!! What a collection you have. Are those Black Tahitian I see??? Look at the colors on those babies. Not to mention the luster on all of them. I agree with the others, what a beautiful neck you have. Matches your beautiful fingers and your beautiful face too.

Oh thank you Linda!!

Here''s another pic of my Tahitian baroques--circled and drop shaped. It''s a graduated 20in strand. 8.5mm to 11mm from Pearl Paradise.

Body color is silver with green and rose overtones. They look blue against my skin. They are one of my favorites!

Swooooon, OMG these are to die for! So gorgeous!

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful everyone!

Here is an interesting project that I did last year. This is my original engagement ring setting. It''s 3-sided eternity pave setting in platinum with coin edge detailing. NOT very practical for everyday wear! Within a month of having my engagement ring, the platinum under the palm of my hand was all mashed and deformed...I even ended up breaking a diamond! So, instead of fixing the ring and having all of these issues again (which made me very distraught) I decided to re-set my diamond. This led me to, "what to do?" with the custom engagement setting so I bought a black pearl on my honeymoon in French Polynesia and turned it into a necklace. It is much more practical this way since I don''t have to worry about being too rough with it around my neck. But a bonus, it is still connected in a very special way to our engagement and wedding. It''s now my "go to" necklace.

Hope you enjoy!

IMG_6717_resized.JPG

evansjm1

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another. This is a necklace with a black pearl and a solitaire diamond that I bought on our honeymoon in French Polynesia...

IMG_6719_resized.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Jan, I love your collection. They are beautiful. I love how you set the pearl in your original engagement ring... beautiful. I
30.gif
your Tahitian and diamond pendant too. They are all so beautiful.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 5:33:53 PM
Author: Linda W
Wow Jan, I love your collection. They are beautiful. I love how you set the pearl in your original engagement ring... beautiful. I
30.gif
your Tahitian and diamond pendant too. They are all so beautiful.
I''ll second that! What a great way to recycle your original setting!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I can play too! This is my pearl ring in a whale''s tail setting my parents bought me. It matches a pendant I have..why I didn''t think to take a picture of that while I was at it I don''t know..

100_11489.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_11499.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_11569.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
pendant

100_115499.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Everyone''s pearls are so beautiful
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 7:26:25 PM
Author: Elmorton
And these are my baroques... there''s a bit of a story here. My mom found an e-bay seller who was selling pearls for insanely low prices, and she bought a ton of them as fun jewelery. I fell in love with this set so Mom just gave them to me, since she had purchased some other similar pieces. I know literally nothing about pearls, but I think they''re ''real'' (they''re very heavy and some of them have flaws, and they feel like baroques that I''ve seen in stores). Anyway, regardless of quality/authenticity, I love wearing these because of how they feel on (and I love the chunky style compared to my other pearls).

They''re beautiful on you!
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pearls everyone! Here are mine..........

cmspearls202.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
YUUUUMMMMMMM
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
I am LOVING all the pearls here!!!

Gonna have to go take some photos of mine too. I LOVE the different colors!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/3/2009 12:44:54 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Oh Ladies!!!! I''ve just found this bit of the forum and what gorgous pearls you all have! I''ve been lusting over the Mikimotos and just about everything else in general! I adore the wedding photos.

I have a bit of a Tahitian Pearl fetish - here are some of mine ..........

This is my favourite TP pendant. The TP is 9mm and is mounted on either 14 or 18k white gold (can''t remember which!) with diamonds. It is astonishingly heavy!
Okay LD,
Is there a gemstone that you do not have? I think there was a break in at the Smithsonian.
27.gif

Of course, you have to have a Tahitian with amazing luster!!
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results