Links of London Pearl Necklace

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 1:23:17 PM
Author: canuk-gal
LLL1.JPG
LLL3.JPG

Another beautiful necklace and so versatile. Have you ever tried layering this necklace with your coin necklace, just for fun?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sharon -

thanks for the birthday wishes :)

that coin necklace is killer! i suspect, too, that photos don''t do it justice. i love the idea of traveling with a single piece of jewelry; it''s incredible that one necklace can give you so many high-impact, statement combos.

i love it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2009 1:27:43 PM
Author: DiaDiva

Date: 6/22/2009 1:23:17 PM
LLL1.JPG
LLL3.JPG

Another beautiful necklace and so versatile. Have you ever tried layering this necklace with your coin necklace, just for fun?
HI

DiaDiva--the LoL necklace tangles terribly--even when when wearing it! I don''t think it is a good companion for another piece--but it''s length does give it some versatility....

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 6:56:30 PM

Date: 6/21/2009 3:38:11 PM
Author: Skippy123
Oh Sharon those are Gorgeous!!! I love the diamonds w/them! swoon, to the South Seas!!!!
30.gif
the Golden are beautiful too and love how they can be worn with your diamond hoops, very clever
9.gif
HI:

Thank you iMssy! Do you wear your peals all year long, or are they seasonal for you? Truthfully, I wear mine more Spring/summer--perhaps as I am in lighter colors more often..

cheers--Sharon
Oh I love the gold w/the coin pearls, love them all! You have a fabulous collection Sharon!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I have worn mine a little more; I have some colored ones that are fun that I wear and they aren't dressy so they are easy to wear with jeans. hehe

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 11:37:27 AM
Author: DiaDiva
I recently bought a strand of fun pearls off a recommended seller from ebay.

It''s exactly as described...and is an interesting shade of gold. According to the seller it''s all natural.

Color - natural gold, a light pink, with gold rainbow orient, untreated! (see pictures)

Shape - Very round/round to the eye/near round

Diameter - 6.0~7.0 mm

Here''s a neck shot.
This is so beautiful on you!!!

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My new pearl studs arrived yesterday! These are the 1st pearls I have ever owned and I think they''re beautiful. These are all from ebay seller pearlluna and a nice cheap way for a poor student like me to wear some lovely pearls. The white pair are 10mm, the peachy ones around 8mm (I think) and the lavander ones (although they look very peachy in this pic) are about 6mm. Overall I''m very impressed with the quality, all have a beautiful orient IRL and look lovely on, the white ones are not exactly round but not quite a button either and have flat backs.

I may have to give up the white pair as a gift for a friend (as was my original excuse for buying them) but I want them.....so if I really really absolutly NEED to wear them before her birthday I''ll just have to order her another set....and since they combine postage maybe a lil somthing else for myself
9.gif

mypearllunastuds.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
White I was taking pics of my new earrings I snapped afew pics of my mums pearls. My mum''s not into pearls and dosn''t wear them but I belive they were handed down from my nanna (or possibly great grandmother?) who got them in Japan.

1st, earrings: they look to be about 5-6mm and are very sweet.

mumspearlearrings.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mums pearl ring: I love this ring and wish it wasn''t so tiny (only fits my pinky) so I could fit it on my fat fingers. The pearl (like the others in the earrings and bracelet) is perfectly round and smooth.

mumspearlring.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet: I friggin adore this bracelet but would be terrified of breaking it if I were to borrow it. The detail is beautiful (it''s silver) and is covered in these small yet perfect pearls. I can not find one tiny blemish or imperfection on any of these. I am hoping that this wil be my somthing borrowed on my wedding day....not that that will be anytime soon.

mumspearlbraclet.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gotta show you the clasp, it''s lovely.

That''s the last one, glad to finally have somthing to share
35.gif

mumsbracletclasp.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you should definitely borrow that for your wedding, 4ever!

This is my favorite pearl. It's in a cravat pin from the first half of the 19th century, so it has to be a natural pearl, not cultivated. It's not very lustrous, but it's quite round. It's maybe 6 mm.

snake2.JPG

The snake represents eternity and the other side is set with a lock of hair under glass--perhaps the owner's wife's hair:

snakeback1.JPG

Side view:

snakeside1.JPG

And a close up:

snake1.jpg

Edited to add: Does anyone know where a pearl like this would have come from back then?

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Glitterata, I did a little searching on the Pearl-Guide forum and many of the 18th and 19th century victorian pearls came primarily from the Americas - North and Latin...

Caitlin Williams of the forum wrote this about pearls in a history timeline:

The New World
New World pearls were a major source of money to Spain before gold. Baja California and other areas had excellent pearl fields. Later the major American rivers became a source for an abundance of freshwater pearls to the European trade. It was not for centuries that the very ancient history of pearls in America was known. Pre-Columbian cultures along the largest American rivers had major collections of pearls. Many were buried in mounds and have degraded, but are still clearly pearls. Tributaries of the Mississippi still produce pearls, but the mussels they come from were and still are, mainly gathered for their shells.
17th Through the 19th Century
Over time, European royalty wore pearls in every possible way, as jewelry, as crowns, and sewn on clothes. The largest pearls as brooches and as many long matched strands as possible dangled from bosoms and headpieces, cloaks, hats, and shoes. Artwork records lavish use of pearls by the gentry and centuries of paintings depicting nobles wearing ropes of pearls. During the 19th century al known sources of pearls were harvested relentlessly by collectors and traders.

By the time photographs of royals and their friends became a popular way to display wealth, the entire European population of lords and ladies was awash with pearls, not just the queen and her direct kin. Maybe it was just for the sake of the photograph to wear all one''s pearls at once, but it showed that these pearls are so numerous that some of them must have been acquired over centuries, been well cared for, and passed down from generation to generation, though many may have been recent purchases.

The end of the 19th century was also the end of the ancient pearl trade. There would be few if any more natural pearls as the world had always known them.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
4ever, your earrings are beautiful! And I love your Mum''s pieces also. What beautiful heirlooms she has!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
4ever, those are gorgeous pearls!!!! What a beautiful bracelet!

Gliterata, wow, what a beautiful pin!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay I could not help myself when the 8.5-9mm pearls from Pearl Outlet became part of the June special I had to own them.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

IMGskippypearlcrazy1819.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
the gem fresh are on the bottom 8.5-9mm and the freshadamas on top 8mm. They are both pink silver overtone

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:55:22 PM
the gem fresh are on the bottom 8.5-9mm and the freshadamas on top 8mm. They are both pink silver overtone
ops, I forgot the pic; I got a little to excited to hit submit. lol both very have beautiful luster. hehe

IMGskippypearlcrazy1821.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the set I bought my dear beloved mommy. She is the best so I had to get her some pearls too!!!!
face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif
I didn't realize how big the pic was. These are the AAA grey freshwaters from Pearl outlet and show pinks and blues in the orient they are 8.5 mm and extremely round.

here is a pic of me trying them on for fun. hehe
9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG

IMG_1799 - Copy.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
SKIPPY!!!!!! Your new pearls are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the luster on them
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love the ones you bought for your mom too.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, what length are the bottom ones you are wearing???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 11:01:22 PM
Author: Linda W
SKIPPY!!!!!! Your new pearls are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the luster on them
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love the ones you bought for your mom too.
Thanks dear Linda!!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 11:03:03 PM
Author: Linda W
Skippy, what length are the bottom ones you are wearing???
ops, I forgot to mention I need to have them strung and a clasp (I was worried I wouldn''t fall in love with them but I DID) so I had them send them to me that way. I need to send them back but they will be 18 inches and the Freshadamas are 17 inches.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow Skippy you have more gorgeous pearls! I love them!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Skippy, they are gorgeous!! I love the size, the color, and wow - that luster!

Hmmm... June is not over yet and payday is Monday????

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:58:48 PM
here is the set I bought my dear beloved mommy. She is the best so I had to get her some pearls too!!!!
face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif
I didn''t realize how big the pic was. These are the AAA grey freshwaters from Pearl outlet and show pinks and blues in the orient they are 8.5 mm and extremely round.

here is a pic of me trying them on for fun. hehe
9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, I have been craving those grey pearls since you mentioned them earlier. But I can''t find any!!!
I want 9mm or so, 16-18 length.
I rarely wear my pearls - but still I love them, how crazy is that. Your pearls are sooo pretty!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
Oh Skippy! They are just beautiful! Did you call to order or did you order online? Were you able to specify the overtone you wanted (for both the white and the gray strand?)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my, everyone''s pearls are gorgeous!!!

MIss Skippy--what a wonderful gesture to buy your Mom some Pearls too! You are a sweetheart!! They look really gorogeous--all of them!!!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results