shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Pearls!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kelli, Jmtomaui, bebe, starshine and Sharon!
35.gif

Date: 6/26/2009 9:30:06 AM
Author: bebe
Skippy, I have been craving those grey pearls since you mentioned them earlier. But I can't find any!!!
I want 9mm or so, 16-18 length.
I rarely wear my pearls - but still I love them, how crazy is that. Your pearls are sooo pretty!
Well I never thought of it but every time I bought something I talked to them on the phone about overtones and size and other specifics. The only time I didn't talk to Pearl Paradise or the Pearl outlet on the phone was when I ordered the earrings for my mom, which after the fact made me nervous they might not match but they matched the necklace perfectly when they arrive. I also have to say that I talked to Coatimundi (a GG, she was so sweet to help me) about what I like in pearls so I had an idea of what I wanted and what questions for requests to make of these vendors. I do have to say the AAA's are not as perfect as the Freshadamas and GemFresh (gem grade). Maybe your could call Pearl Paradise and tell them exactly what you want and they could get something

I don't wear my pearls too often but when there is a special event or with my brown baroque's go with my outfit then I jump at a chance to wear them. I love pearls; I always have. Something about them is so classic and just exudes elegance. hehe

bebe

Ideal_Rock
thanks skippy.
I emailed and got a response from P.O regarding their grey pearls.
The 9.5 - 10.5mm are a wee bit more than I wanted to pay.
I''m afraid the 8-9mm will be too small for me. I like larger pearls, what can I say, he he!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:58:48 PM
Author: Skippy123
here is the set I bought my dear beloved mommy. She is the best so I had to get her some pearls too!!!!
face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif
I didn''t realize how big the pic was. These are the AAA grey freshwaters from Pearl outlet and show pinks and blues in the orient they are 8.5 mm and extremely round.

here is a pic of me trying them on for fun. hehe
9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, do you know if the grey pearls have any kind of treatment ?
Are they naturally that color?
I am totally nuts over these!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 11:49:28 AM

I think they might; I can ask since I need to talk to them anyway about stringing my other pearls. Thanks; I think they are gorgeous as well. I like them a tiny bit more than my whites, haha!!! Bebe, I think you are a true pearl lover!!! I buy pearls too and don't wear them but I love looking at them. hehe You have a gorgeous collection!!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2009 2:30:20 PM

I think they might; I can ask since I need to talk to them anyway about stringing my other pearls. Thanks; I think they are gorgeous as well. I like them a tiny bit more than my whites, haha!!! Bebe, I think you are a true pearl lover!!! I buy pearls too and don''t wear them but I love looking at them. hehe You have a gorgeous collection!!
Pearl Outlet emailed me and said their grey pearls were dyed. Dunno what to think about that. Are ALL grey pearls dyed?
I luv ''em, I guess I shouldn''t let that bother me.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 5:40:31 PM

Date: 6/27/2009 2:30:20 PM

I think they might; I can ask since I need to talk to them anyway about stringing my other pearls. Thanks; I think they are gorgeous as well. I like them a tiny bit more than my whites, haha!!! Bebe, I think you are a true pearl lover!!! I buy pearls too and don't wear them but I love looking at them. hehe You have a gorgeous collection!!
Pearl Outlet emailed me and said their grey pearls were dyed. Dunno what to think about that. Are ALL grey pearls dyed?
I luv 'em, I guess I shouldn't let that bother me.
I have the same feelings about dyed pearls. For some reason, I feel like they're more like costume jewelry if they're dyed especially if I know the color exists naturally (e.g., golden akoyas) ... the only exception for me would be black akoyas. I don't know why I make an exception for black akoyas.

ETA: I know the silver/grey akoyas occur naturally, so I have to assume there are naturally silver/grey freshwaters too ... but I could be wrong.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving everyone''s Pearls!
I wanted to share my new double strand pearl bracelet:

I picked out the clasp(14k white gold) and had these strung---
I love the color with my watch
1.gif

blinkydoll-3299.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
crappy pic--with my watch
I like wearing these with my watch
1.gif

35.gif

blinkydoll-3286.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Clasp!
4.gif
1.gif

blinkydoll-3288.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely blinky (do you ever get the feeling that I''m following you around on PS?!). It''s funny, but I love clasps; I mean, I love the pearls of course, but my favorite part is the clasp. And I love yours!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 12:37:31 AM
Author: cellentani
Those are lovely blinky (do you ever get the feeling that I''m following you around on PS?!). It''s funny, but I love clasps; I mean, I love the pearls of course, but my favorite part is the clasp. And I love yours!

lol---- it''s ok if you follow me bec I follow you!
2.gif
35.gif

Thank you! I got the pearls at the gem show... and the clasp from a jeweler. I went with square bec it''s cute and goes with my watch
1.gif

the gem show comes back next month
31.gif
..... hmmmmmmmmm more pearlssssssssss?
27.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 12:42:42 AM
Author: blinkydoll
lol---- it''s ok if you follow me bec I follow you!
2.gif
35.gif

Thank you! I got the pearls at the gem show... and the clasp from a jeweler. I went with square bec it''s cute and goes with my watch
1.gif

the gem show comes back next month
31.gif
..... hmmmmmmmmm more pearlssssssssss?
27.gif
So you got your bracelet strung elsewhere - not at the gem show? I almost bought a white 3-strand bracelet there. It was already strung, but had the coolest clasp! I was surprised how many pearls there were.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Blinky, I love this bracelet! And you are right, the clasp makes it... And looks terrific with your watch.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 12:22:27 AM
Clasp!
4.gif
1.gif
Beautiful bracelet and love the clasp
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

here is the set I bought my dear beloved mommy. She is the best so I had to get her some pearls too!!!!
face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif
I didn''t realize how big the pic was. These are the AAA grey freshwaters from Pearl outlet and show pinks and blues in the orient they are 8.5 mm and extremely round.

9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, your pearls are so gorgeous and they look so perfect on you. You have such lovely skin-tone that shows them off to their best!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2009 12:20:49 AM
crappy pic--with my watch
I like wearing these with my watch
1.gif

35.gif
I love pearl bracelets,,, this look together is beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2009 9:20:07 AM
Author: Catmom

face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif

9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, your pearls are so gorgeous and they look so perfect on you. You have such lovely skin-tone that shows them off to their best!
Catmom, thank you dear friend!!!. Happy 4th!!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif

9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, those pearl necklace and studs are GORGEOUS!! I can''t believe they''re freshwater!! They''re so round and the lustre as well as the orient are just amazing!!

Phoenix scooting off to check out the Pearl Outlet
2.gif
3.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, would you mind directing me to the exact page where these gorgeous grey pearls are shown? I can''t seem to locate the appropriate page!

Thanks.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix,

The gray pearls are on TPO''s spring sale page: linky

But I do NOT recommend them. I ordered the 7.5mm ones and this is what they sent me:

Uneven color:
pearlmismatch1.jpg

Peeling pearls:
peelingpearl1.jpg

Maybe they take more care with the bigger ones?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
OOhh, so many beautiful additions. Love ''em all!!

Glitt- I know how you feel. The color wouldn''t bother me as much as the peeling pearls. I''d return them for that reason alone and ask them to waive the re-stocking fee as this is their fault.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so do we discuss imitation pearls (Majorca) here? Or just the real thing? I have some gorgeous Tahitian studs. I will post them after I get batteries for my camera.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Here they are. They are kinda big so its a different look.

tahitianskittysmall2.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
And here they are on.

onkittyear.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 9:40:29 AM
Author: y2kitty
And here they are on.
beautiful!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2009 11:13:21 AM
Author: Phoenix

face23.gif
sorry they are so big
emembarrassed.gif

9.gif

IMGpearls1792.JPG
Skippy, those pearl necklace and studs are GORGEOUS!! I can''t believe they''re freshwater!! They''re so round and the lustre as well as the orient are just amazing!!

Phoenix scooting off to check out the Pearl Outlet
2.gif
3.gif
Thank you Phoenix
35.gif
They are incredibly round and the lustre is pretty amazing; I am glad I gave these to my dear mom.
face23.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow they are gorgeous. I know your Mom must love them so. You are such a wonderful daughter Skippy!!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2009 10:56:17 PM

Date: 6/25/2009 10:55:22 PM
the gem fresh are on the bottom 8.5-9mm and the freshadamas on top 8mm. They are both pink silver overtone
ops, I forgot the pic; I got a little to excited to hit submit. lol both very have beautiful luster. hehe
Wow, these are fabulous!!! Soooo beautiful! And the silver/grey strand for your mom is also stunning.

So many beautiful pearls on this thread!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Some more pics of my freshwaters, and my pearls from my mom (unknown origin).

From top to bottom: my 35" white freshwaters from PP, my 18" pink freshwaters from PO, and my unknown pearls.

BEGPearls88.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Same three strands, and with my 8.5-9 mm Freshadama studs from PP, and my 7.5-8 mm pink Freshadama studs from PP

BEGPearls86.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results