shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your milestone jewellery, and share the stories!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is so nice I love reading everyone's memories & stories!
This is my latest milestone piece- 18th anniversary wedding band upgrade. IMG-20200821-WA0022.jpg

This looks equally gorgeous with or without your beautiful heart cut diamond. It screams class :kiss2:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love this thread @pearaffair
@Alex T I just totally welled up reading your story. Totally getting your husband’s relief at getting that eternity rammed on your finger!
Although I have a lot of gifted jewelry I don’t seem to have any milestone jewelry apart from my 21st birthday present a turquoise & diamond ring which I bought combining funds from my parents and grandparents 879E164E-115E-40B8-A792-22D47C7227A9.jpeg
I got a big gold bed when I had my daughter :lol:

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it would be my Cartier Love bracelet given by my DH as a push present for our son.

I had wanted a Love bracelet for years. And the birth of our son seemed liked the perfect time to get it.

We were living in Germany at the time, and DH frequently traveled through London Heathrow airport for work.

So we decided to he would purchase it from the Cartier boutique at Heathrow to take advantage of the VAT-free pricing (about 15% cheaper than anywhere else).

But.... when DH came home with the bracelet, he had surprised me with the 4-diamond version, instead of the plain version as we discussed.

He said once the SA showed him the diamond version, he knew he had to get it :)

The bracelet has not left my wrist in 3 years, and I'm slowly building a bracelet stack around it.

Last edited:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread @pearaffair
@Alex T I just totally welled up reading your story. Totally getting your husband’s relief at getting that eternity rammed on your finger!
Although I have a lot of gifted jewelry I don’t seem to have any milestone jewelry apart from my 21st birthday present a turquoise & diamond ring which I bought combining funds from my parents and grandparents 879E164E-115E-40B8-A792-22D47C7227A9.jpeg
I got a big gold bed when I had my daughter :lol:

Ok, I ADORE this ring!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving this thread. Such gorgeous and meaningful pieces.

I don't seem to purchase milestone pieces as much as some of you do.
However, this is, I guess, a milestone piece. My DH bought it for me from our favorite antique jewelry shoppe for my 40th birthday. Of course as in true fashion I got in a year early lol but it was for my 40th birthday. Up to that point it was more than I had spent on a piece of jewelry besides my ER so I justified it to myself that it was for my special milestone birthday. In retrospect though it was the way I rationalized spending the money.

I don't have it here with me but here is an older photo of it. Not a good photo as it was taken with a very old phone from 2004 and it is more beautiful IRL. It's diamonds, aquamarine and sapphires.

aquamarinesapphirediamondnecklace.jpeg

Truth be told I think every day is special and should be celebrated to the best and fullest of our abilities. As tomorrow is not guaranteed and today is all we have. I know that sounds corny but that's truly how I feel.

The older I get and the more I see the more I realize how precious and fragile it all is and how we should do what we can to enjoy each and every day and whatever makes life more sweet than not is good in my book and bling really does make it all seem just a little bit sweeter. Every day (to me) feels like a milestone but I am sure my perception is affected by how challenging life has been for the past few years. Doesn't make it less sweet. Perhaps it makes it a little more sweet if that makes sense. But I am so ready for a little less challenge and a little more easy if you kwim.

Please continue sharing your beautiful bling. Swoon!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I buy on a whim, but I have two pieces purchased intentionally for milestones. One was a Tiffany gold brooch for my DD’s early Spring wedding, the other was a gift to myself for my 70th birthday. 7mm for my 70th. It’s actually 7.2mm so, actually, it « matches me » this year. 690119 621129

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normally I buy on a whim, but I have two pieces purchased intentionally for milestones. One was a Tiffany gold brooch for my DD’s early Spring wedding, the other was a gift to myself for my 70th birthday. 7mm for my 70th. It’s actually 7.2mm so, actually, it « matches me » this year. 6CA72740-F39F-4ABB-B118-FB39D7C9E20F.jpeg IMG_3058.JPG

I bloody love this diamond :kiss2: And no way are you 72?! Get out of here!!!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@missy What a beautiful intricate piece of jewelry, even that old photo showcases it. I can only imagine how stunning it is irl!
@Jimmianne wow that diamond! Do you plan to set it?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I have one! Just yesterday I bought myself a COVID-19 Survivor pendant. I had battled a mild case of COVID-19 for 28 days. Last week, Wednesday, I was given the all clear to return to work. I did so, but my first non-working outing was to a jewelry store where I sold a few pieces I wasn't wearing. Those pieces made me feel guilty because I feel like I should wear what I have. I took the proceeds of that sale and went over to my local IMG_4044.jpg IMG_4045.jpg Costco where I got the .74ctw diamond pendant. I'd been eyeing it for years. I call it the "glitter ball." It reminds me of the drawings of the COVID-19 virus, too! So, I thought, hey, it's the perfect recovery gift.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I have one! Just yesterday I bought myself a COVID-19 Survivor pendant. I had battled a mild case of COVID-19 for 28 days. Last week, Wednesday, I was given the all clear to return to work. I did so, but my first non-working outing was to a jewelry store where I sold a few pieces I wasn't wearing. Those pieces made me feel guilty because I feel like I should wear what I have. I took the proceeds of that sale and went over to my local IMG_4044.jpg IMG_4045.jpg Costco where I got the .74ctw diamond pendant. I'd been eyeing it for years. I call it the "glitter ball." It reminds me of the drawings of the COVID-19 virus, too! So, I thought, hey, it's the perfect recovery gift.

Big hugs on your recovery & what a stunning pendant! I hope you treasure it & remember how strong you are.

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
For me, it would be my Cartier Love bracelet given by my DH as a push present for our son.

I had wanted a Love bracelet for years. And the birth of our son seemed liked the perfect time to get it.

We were living in Germany at the time, and DH frequently traveled through London Heathrow airport for work.

So we decided to he would purchase it from the Cartier boutique at Heathrow to take advantage of the VAT-free pricing (about 15% cheaper than anywhere else).

But.... when DH came home with the bracelet, he had surprised me with the 4-diamond version, instead of the plain version as we discussed.

He said once the SA showed him the diamond version, he knew he had to get it :)

The bracelet has not left my wrist in 3 years, and I'm slowly building a bracelet stack around it.

Pictures!!!!!

Wrkbrk

Shiny_Rock
Less a milestone and more a tribute piece. I had this rose gold eternity ring made when my heart dog passed (sapphires for his September birthstone). ❤️ 6E72C9EE-3D80-457A-A7FD-D6057992ED5B.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

However, this is, I guess, a milestone piece. My DH bought it for me from our favorite antique jewelry shoppe for my 40th birthday. Of course as in true fashion I got in a year early lol but it was for my 40th birthday. Up to that point it was more than I had spent on a piece of jewelry besides my ER so I justified it to myself that it was for my special milestone birthday. In retrospect though it was the way I rationalized spending the money.

I don't have it here with me but here is an older photo of it. Not a good photo as it was taken with a very old phone from 2004 and it is more beautiful IRL. It's diamonds, aquamarine and sapphires.

Truth be told I think every day is special and should be celebrated to the best and fullest of our abilities. As tomorrow is not guaranteed and today is all we have. I know that sounds corny but that's truly how I feel.

The older I get and the more I see the more I realize how precious and fragile it all is and how we should do what we can to enjoy each and every day and whatever makes life more sweet than not is good in my book and bling really does make it all seem just a little bit sweeter. Every day (to me) feels like a milestone but I am sure my perception is affected by how challenging life has been for the past few years. Doesn't make it less sweet. Perhaps it makes it a little more sweet if that makes sense. But I am so ready for a little less challenge and a little more easy if you kwim.

Stunning! Do you wear it often @missy ? I'd love to see a IRL photo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

(But I AM being serious too!)

Speaking of serious...I have replied @Alex T
(((Hugs))).

And I agree with you. @Jimmianne does not look her age. I have met with her in person and can definitively say this fact is true. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! Do you wear it often @missy ? I'd love to see a IRL photo.

Thank you Sharon! No I do not wear any of my necklaces anymore and makes me wonder why I am in search of a tennis necklace haha. But I have high hopes I will wear it. And I do plan on getting back to my necklace wearing days one day. Pandemic times are strange times indeed. I will search for a photo for you of it on my neck as it is locked away in our NYC safe for now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found 2 photos. Not great but for now it will have to do. When I go back "home" I will take it back with me and get better photos for you @canuk-gal

aquamarinesapphirediamondnecklace.jpg

sapphireaquamarinediamondnecklace.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, just WOW. What an incredible piece!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

This is beautiful on you! I've eyed it for years as well. So glad you recovered too. Wear in health and joy!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have met Missy in real life and let me tell you, if you have a chance to, don't pass it up! gorgeous outside but inside perfection.

Now Jimmi, haven't met her in RL yet but we will, and beautiful inside and out and a very caring person like Missy too..

This thread is great, I have some happy memory pieces but they are in my teeny safe deposit box..

Here is one that meant the world to me but as I am almost 68 I wanted to pass this on to someone I love and someone I know who will love the ring.. My grandmother's engagement ring from 1925, nothing special really synthetic sapphires, real diamond and 18K white gold, but my nanny was the best ever.. still miss her.. Gave this to my niece, Kate.

1598272538295.png

Speaking of serious...I have replied @Alex T
(((Hugs))).

And I agree with you. @Jimmianne does not look her age. I have met with her in person and can definitively say this fact is true. :love:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Jimmianne, the brooch is sooooooooo beautiful - the size, color, design & practically everything about it is just perfect!
:) :) :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek I feel the same about you ❤️ Gorgeous inside and out and a true friend. Love you girlie. Kate the great! ❤️❤️❤️

I love your grandma’s ring. What a lovely gift for your niece. So generous.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4548 (1).jpg
all gifts from DH:
pinky - my mom's death
ring finger - bottom to top: 1st anniv, replacement wedding band, ER, 40th bday
middle: 25th anniv
pointer: 20th anniv using my mom's solitaire (Gave him the idea but wasn't involved)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

@missy love this piece :kiss2: and your story!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results