shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a luxury brand like all the Rolex and Cartier lovelies on here, but these two Concord watches are valuable to me for sentimental reasons even though I don't collect watches and I don't wear watches (guess it gives away that I'm a millenial in that regard).

When my husband and I got married, my mother gifted these 2 watches to us. They weren't super expensive or luxury branded or diamond encrusted, but my mother bought them for herself and my dad with savings from her first paychecks (she worked retail after graduating high school as there was no money for college, she was 4th out of 7 siblings). I think Concord was a bigger brand in Asia back in the day so it was a big purchase for my mother at the time as she had little money of her own.

To be honest, these watches are just kept in a drawer all the time and never get worn, but I do treasure the sentiment. Anyway, I thought I'd share them as a 'blast from the past' and because it's interesting to see super thin watches.

Edit to add: my mother doesn't remember any details about these watches now as the receipts are long gone. But they should be from the late 70s or early 80s..

20170612_210426.jpg 20170612_210439.jpg

Last edited:

DrS

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! The 5711 has an amazing wrist presence. It's very subtle even for rose gold.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine with my (very dirty) DY rose gold and morganite ring. Rolex DateJust with SS and Everose Gold, scattered diamond bezel and chocolate dial. watch.JPG

I'm seriously contemplating trading it for a new DateJust - similar model but no diamonds on the bezel and lighter face. With my active lifestyle, it's a bit much. I mean, one tumble on my mountain bike and it's a goner :lol: . And the lighter face... well, my eyes are getting older and it's harder to see the dials with that dark background :roll:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's mine with my (very dirty) DY rose gold and morganite ring. Rolex DateJust with SS and Everose Gold, scattered diamond bezel and chocolate dial. watch.JPG

I'm seriously contemplating trading it for a new DateJust - similar model but no diamonds on the bezel and lighter face. With my active lifestyle, it's a bit much. I mean, one tumble on my mountain bike and it's a goner :lol: . And the lighter face... well, my eyes are getting older and it's harder to see the dials with that dark background :roll:
I Love love love your watch! Did I mention how much I love your watch:razz:.

I considered your watch (or something very similar) a few years back, but ultimately decided on the 26mm two-tone with Everose gold and plain bezel with the jubilee bracelet, for the same reason that you mentioned, it just felt more appropriate for everyday. Love the chocolate dial though, is it Mother of pearl?

Be sure to post in the pre-loved section if you ever decide to part with it.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 33 mm automatic Ballon Bleu. I purchased it with the stainless steel bracelet but switched it out to pearl blue alligator with deployant clasp. I also have a Tank Francaise with steel and wanted different looks

IMG_9990.JPG

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My 33 mm automatic Ballon Bleu. I purchased it with the stainless steel bracelet but switched it out to pearl blue alligator with deployant clasp. I also have a Tank Francaise with steel and wanted different looks

IMG_9990.JPG

I love that blue alligator strap! It's very flattering on your skin tone, too.

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that blue alligator strap! It's very flattering on your skin tone, too.

Thank you! I'm loving it, especially as we are headed into summer

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband just surprised me with this 26mm Lady Datejust in SS and YG (style 69173) with champagne dial, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet for my 30th birthday. I have a much larger Seiko, so I'm loving the contrast of the Rolex's smaller case! :love:

IMG_2779.JPG IMG_2780.JPG

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful hayley87!

Dani5577

Rough_Rock
Tag aquaracer 27 mm in stainless steel with mop and diamond face and diamond bezel. Casual and perfect for me. I feel like a little girl playing dress up in a larger watch, lol! 20170615_143202-1-1.jpg
I love it! Be careful because they're addicting! I have the same one but with a pink mother of pearl face, a rose gold aquaracer, and a black and ceramic formula 1. My pink one is 11 years old and still looks brand new.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful hayley87!

Thanks, Dani!

And I just realized I had a newborn-mom-brain moment in my description, but it was too late to edit it: the dial isn't Rolex's "champagne" (i.e., gold), but rather their "silver" that has patina because the watch is a vintage one. The uniform patina has made the silver into an actual soft champagne color. ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not a luxury brand like all the Rolex and Cartier lovelies on here, but these two Concord watches are valuable to me for sentimental reasons even though I don't collect watches and I don't wear watches (guess it gives away that I'm a millenial in that regard).

When my husband and I got married, my mother gifted these 2 watches to us. They weren't super expensive or luxury branded or diamond encrusted, but my mother bought them for herself and my dad with savings from her first paychecks (she worked retail after graduating high school as there was no money for college, she was 4th out of 7 siblings). I think Concord was a bigger brand in Asia back in the day so it was a big purchase for my mother at the time as she had little money of her own.

To be honest, these watches are just kept in a drawer all the time and never get worn, but I do treasure the sentiment. Anyway, I thought I'd share them as a 'blast from the past' and because it's interesting to see super thin watches.

Edit to add: my mother doesn't remember any details about these watches now as the receipts are long gone. But they should be from the late 70s or early 80s..

20170612_210426.jpg 20170612_210439.jpg
Classic!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to add mine - a small size Cartier tank Francaise that I received as a birthday/anniversary present - mentioned to dh that I'd like to get a nice watch at some point and he said let's do it! I agonized between the small and mid-size, I know larger watches are in style right now and I had the hardest time making up my mind - dh felt the small looked better on me, more of the bracelet part of the watch is visible from the top. I'm kind of surprised by how much I love this watch!
IMG_0017.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited to add mine - a small size Cartier tank Francaise that I received as a birthday/anniversary present - mentioned to dh that I'd like to get a nice watch at some point and he said let's do it! I agonized between the small and mid-size, I know larger watches are in style right now and I had the hardest time making up my mind - dh felt the small looked better on me, more of the bracelet part of the watch is visible from the top. I'm kind of surprised by how much I love this watch!
IMG_0017.JPG

@junebug17 this tank is so beautiful, elegant and flattering on you. :love::love::love: What a great gift, and so sweet of DH to jump on it. Cartier makes such beautiful and classic watches, feminine, sleek and gorgeous. Enjoy it every day. And I do like the small size on you too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw thank you LLJsmom!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, its just right! You got the right size and it looks great on you! Way to go!!!!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junie, I agree, it looks perfect on you!! And what a beautiful watch, he is indeed a sweetie!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Sarah and Kristie! =)2 PS introduced me to Cartier watches...another reason why PS is not good for my wallet lol.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A shot of the new watch with my Octavia. Too bad that I can't capture any sparkles b/c of the dirty stone..::) DSCN0656.JPG

eugchen

Rough_Rock
20160829_155505.jpg 20160908_205026.jpg

mens Rolex DD40 (president) Yellow gold
Womens Rolex Rose Gold Daytona

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just discovered this watch looking at black ceramic watches.
Jaeger-LeCoultre 189LC70
Was this model any good? @Dancing Fire
Help me find an excellent condition one if it's as good as the typical JLC made products.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results