shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your James/Caleb Meyer-Ann McKay and the like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 10:30:23 PM
Author: babysteps
I love this thread! (And I could look at pics of Coati''s JM ring once an hour, I so love that ring
1.gif
) - I hope there are more additions and lots of photos soon!

Thanks babysteps! I can''t wait to see the others!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Paeony--I ordered a couple of necklaces from your Etsy seller
31.gif

(I know this is supposed to be JM/CM/AM, but I had to tell ya! heh)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 5:40:21 PM
Author: Kelli
This thread is making me drool!! I just LOVE these pieces.

It''s funny, my e-ring came as unplated white gold from stuller and I liked the color of it. It wasn''t until a jeweler said I should rhodium plate it that I even thought to do it. I guess my ring probably does look better plated, but the slight warmth is really stunning with this style!
30.gif
I WANT!!!

I think the warmth goes well with this style too. I think some rings look great with rhodium plating--like your lovely 6 prong. Is that the solstice head?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 2:41:47 AM
Author: coatimundi
Aj, I believe he does it on all of the pieces as a finish, and it is not permanent--can be polished away. I love the finish--it''s very subtle. The shank of my ring also has a light texture brushed into the gold. The split area of the shank is polished smooth. The ring has several different textures--light hammering, brushing, millgrain etc, and then it also has the finish. I''d email or call Jim, and ask about it-if you are concerned. I''m not worried about the permanence of the finish--it''s so subtle, and there are so many other textures, I doubt I''d notice when it wears off--and I believe that takes quite awhile.
Thankyou Coats for explaining - I actually didn''t realize yours had the oxidisation, so in that case it must be very subtle. How cool that it has all of these different textures, lovin it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 2:58:05 AM

It''s funny, my e-ring came as unplated white gold from stuller and I liked the color of it. It wasn''t until a jeweler said I should rhodium plate it that I even thought to do it. I guess my ring probably does look better plated, but the slight warmth is really stunning with this style!
30.gif
I WANT!!!

I think the warmth goes well with this style too. I think some rings look great with rhodium plating--like your lovely 6 prong. Is that the solstice head?
Thanks Coati:) I don''t know what kind of head it is actually. When I had my stone recut at WF, I just asked them to lower it, because the original jeweler set it REDICULOUSLY high. They didn''t tell me much about the new head, just that it was platinum and that it now sits lower:) I''ve been waiting to see a difference between the platinum head and the white gold shank since my ring hasn''t been plated in almost a year, but so far it''s all still white.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A slight variation of Coati''s ring
(I love this color combo!)
-- I''m not sure but are the wraps in green gold?

JM2tonebezel.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 2:44:19 AM
Date: 2/22/2009 1:53:57 AM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 2/21/2009 1:46:06 PM

Date: 2/21/2009 4:56:52 AM

Oh Coati, I was wondering how you got that distinctive color - I absolutely love it, and I had no idea it was because it was unplated gold. It''s so lovely!

Thanks BEG! I really love the unplated. It goes very nicely will all of my vintage bands that are also unplated. Did you talk with Jim?

Hey Coati! I actually haven''t! But I''ll prob give him a call this week - I''m sure he''s busy! On the other hand, I went against my resolve and bought another sparkly, so my setting plans keep getting farther away
3.gif

What did you buy, woman??
3.gif
Is it over in colored stones? Dude, don''t I know it! My aqua setting plans are Long Gone at this point!

Haha that''s too bad about the aqua setting plans, but yeah I empathize! I bought the little blue-purple sapphire from the new Finewater inventory
2.gif
I''m excited to get it!

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 2:58:05 AM

It's funny, my e-ring came as unplated white gold from stuller and I liked the color of it. It wasn't until a jeweler said I should rhodium plate it that I even thought to do it. I guess my ring probably does look better plated, but the slight warmth is really stunning with this style!
30.gif
I WANT!!!

Hi Coati-
I love the look of your ring !!!! As you know, I am getting a 1.19 RB set in your style ring. I am in between WG and all Plat. This will be primarily a right hand ring. I feel like the WG will give it a nice old world feel, but Plat will be more durable over the years. I know you went with WG so what are your thoughts? Do you feel like all Plat will take away from the look or do you think the style can hold its own without metal concerns? My stone should get to him by tomorrow so I need to make a decision lol. Thanks!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 6:22:06 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 2/22/2009 2:41:47 AM

Aj, I believe he does it on all of the pieces as a finish, and it is not permanent--can be polished away. I love the finish--it''s very subtle. The shank of my ring also has a light texture brushed into the gold. The split area of the shank is polished smooth. The ring has several different textures--light hammering, brushing, millgrain etc, and then it also has the finish. I''d email or call Jim, and ask about it-if you are concerned. I''m not worried about the permanence of the finish--it''s so subtle, and there are so many other textures, I doubt I''d notice when it wears off--and I believe that takes quite awhile.

Thankyou Coats for explaining - I actually didn''t realize yours had the oxidisation, so in that case it must be very subtle. How cool that it has all of these different textures, lovin it!

Yes--it''s so cool, and you will love it!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 7:34:27 PM

Haha that''s too bad about the aqua setting plans, but yeah I empathize! I bought the little blue-purple sapphire from the new Finewater inventory
2.gif
I''m excited to get it!

Oh--that''s such a lovely color! I love the ruby, but it''s gone. I really want a ruby--how awesome would a ruby be in a JM??!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:04:29 PM
Author: beach
Hi Coati-

I love the look of your ring !!!! As you know, I am getting a 1.19 RB set in your style ring. I am in between WG and all Plat. This will be primarily a right hand ring. I feel like the WG will give it a nice old world feel, but Plat will be more durable over the years. I know you went with WG so what are your thoughts? Do you feel like all Plat will take away from the look or do you think the style can hold its own without metal concerns? My stone should get to him by tomorrow so I need to make a decision lol. Thanks!!!

The bezel and wraps are plat on my ring, and I love the very subtle contrast--just adds more texture--which I adore. So with 18k and a plat bezel--durability is fine. I think the style holds its own regardless of metal. I say choose whatever metal you prefer!
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 10:52:08 AM
Thanks Coati:) I don't know what kind of head it is actually. When I had my stone recut at WF, I just asked them to lower it, because the original jeweler set it REDICULOUSLY high. They didn't tell me much about the new head, just that it was platinum and that it now sits lower:) I've been waiting to see a difference between the platinum head and the white gold shank since my ring hasn't been plated in almost a year, but so far it's all still white.

Maybe you won't need to replate, and you can enjoy the patina. I have some old vintage plat rings that don't have the grey patina--much softer. I stack them with my 18k unplated wg bands, and I love the look! That's great that you haven't had to replate! Do you wear your ring all the time?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:38:44 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 2/22/2009 4:32:39 PM

Author: paeony

Wouldn''t this be lovely with rose gold as well?

Oh yes! That would be so soft and lovely.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:32:30 PM

2.gif
I''m excited to get it!

Oh--that''s such a lovely color! I love the ruby, but it''s gone. I really want a ruby--how awesome would a ruby be in a JM??!
Did somebody say they want a ruby - I know who has some
31.gif
2.gif

I think a ruby in a JM would be very awesome!
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:32:30 PM

2.gif
I''m excited to get it!

In yellow gold, with JM''s incredible detail and vintage feel? All I can say is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Find some rubies lady and get them to JM!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 10:03:40 PM
Author: ButterBean
I''m here - can I play?
30.gif
ButterBean i love your ring, just love it! it is a work of art!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 12:45:59 PM
And just for fun, the belt buckle that is at the Smithsonian
(there is a ruby in the tree--a cherry)
i saw on his site that his work was displayed at the smithsonian, and i wondered what piece(s). thank you for posting that paeony!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Coati I will never get tired of looking at pictures of your gorgeous ring. It''s perfection
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 1:40:44 PM

Mwah ha haaaa--you will be joining us soon, my dear!
31.gif
31.gif

hold on... i have to pinch myself...

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 10:59:24 PM

Wow, thanks rainydaze!!
(I love it too!)
I can''t wait to see your upcoming work of art!
36.gif

(I adore everything about your diamond... maybe Jim will accidently send me your ring instead...
11.gif
)
do you live anywhere near Jim or are you doing this all through mail/phone?
6.gif
i would have to hunt you down!
2.gif
but then again, that could be a good thing if you let me prance around in your AM and your new JM for a bit!
31.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 8:38:44 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/22/2009 4:32:39 PM
Wouldn''t this be lovely with rose gold as well?
SDL, you read my mind! i was thinking the same thing, and i actually asked about that when i first contacted him. i didn''t opt for it though, i was too chicken to do something a little different without seeing it on me....

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 5:51:32 AM

Other JM lovers, hopefully within a month or so I will have this umbalite garnet set in a ring like Coati''s - mine will be YG with plat bezel and side wraps - I sincerely can not wait
36.gif

(I hope nobody minds me posting without ''the finished product'' - I''m just very excited!)

vendor''s pic:
um, i mind arjuna! but that is only because I AM JEALOUS AND I WANT IT! damn, that is gorgeous. look at the color! i cannotwaitcannotwaitcannotwait to see the finished piece!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 9:18:32 AM
Author: rainydaze

Other JM lovers, hopefully within a month or so I will have this umbalite garnet set in a ring like Coati''s - mine will be YG with plat bezel and side wraps - I sincerely can not wait
36.gif

(I hope nobody minds me posting without ''the finished product'' - I''m just very excited!)

vendor''s pic:
um, i mind arjuna! but that is only because I AM JEALOUS AND I WANT IT! damn, that is gorgeous. look at the color! i cannotwaitcannotwaitcannotwait to see the finished piece!
Ha ha ha,
you''re sweet Rainy - I cannot wait either, so we are in the same boat lol!
5.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a question for Coati and BB (and any other JM ring owners)

Could you share the diameter of your diamond (loose) and the diameters of the bezel (inner and outer edge)- just an estimation would be great

I''m curious as to how much the bezel overlaps the stone and how thick your bezels are in comparison to the sizes of your stones.
Oh, for clarification, by outer edge of the bezel- I mean the approx. diameter of the head

Hope that makes sense! (any info would be helpful!) Thanks!!
9.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2009 8:05:26 PM

Date: 2/23/2009 9:18:32 AM

36.gif

vendor''s pic:
Ha ha ha,
you''re sweet Rainy - I cannot wait either, so we are in the same boat lol!
5.gif
let''s get out the oars.... two can paddle faster than one!
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I caved today and emailed CM with a couple questions about this one I posted earlier. Ha, I open up 1 screen to that ring and another screen on his dad''s site and click on them at various times throughout the day to oogle. My husband very gently reminded me we can''t afford anything right now and it has to wait, and I''m like I KNOW but I can''t help it! They call to me, and I have dreams about them.

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=38291

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:29:59 AM
I have a question for Coati and BB (and any other JM ring owners)

Could you share the diameter of your diamond (loose) and the diameters of the bezel (inner and outer edge)- just an estimation would be great

I'm curious as to how much the bezel overlaps the stone and how thick your bezels are in comparison to the sizes of your stones.

Oh, for clarification, by outer edge of the bezel- I mean the approx. diameter of the head

Hope that makes sense! (any info would be helpful!) Thanks!!
9.gif

My stone is a little over 8mm and the bezel including the outer area is about 1mm. The bezel covers less of the stone than prongs, but I think the bezel actually makes my stone look smaller than when it was in a 6 prong. The prongs stuck out more than the bezel, and created a bigger optical effect. hth!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 3:53:04 PM
Author: packrat
I caved today and emailed CM with a couple questions about this one I posted earlier. Ha, I open up 1 screen to that ring and another screen on his dad's site and click on them at various times throughout the day to oogle. My husband very gently reminded me we can't afford anything right now and it has to wait, and I'm like I KNOW but I can't help it! They call to me, and I have dreams about them.

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=38291

Oh it's gorgeous! That ring calls to me too Packrat.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 8:53:44 AM
Date: 2/21/2009 1:40:44 PM

Mwah ha haaaa--you will be joining us soon, my dear!
31.gif

31.gif

hold on... i have to pinch myself...

9.gif
Yip!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 8:50:44 AM
Author: MMT
Coati I will never get tired of looking at pictures of your gorgeous ring. It''s perfection
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks MMT! I feel the same way about your beautiful wedding set--it''s so stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results