shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your James/Caleb Meyer-Ann McKay and the like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 12:28:16 AM
Author: paeony

Thanks everyone!!
9.gif

Coati, the seller on Etsy is Elizabeth Scott Designs : http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=35722

Thanks again! I checked these out, and I love her designs!
30.gif
I love the curves and the botanical element--your band is a perfect compliment to the AM ring.

Do you have any more of Elizabeth's pieces?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:43:38 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 2/20/2009 4:44:02 PM

Author: coatimundi

...and with hubby's JM 6mm band.

Coati... I love your K.. I would desperately love one.. your ring is stunning..
30.gif

Oh thank you so much SDL!! I know how you love sapphires. I think a sapphire would look gorgeous in one of his designs...future rhr?
31.gif

I love your stunning and classic ring!--and I would like a beautiful sapphire in the hue of your side stones--so lovely.

(hahaha, and hang on to that wonderful son of yours!)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:49:12 PM
Author: Skippy123
Swoooooooon, I love this thread, keep em comin!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Gorgeous ring and stone Coats!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Love the moonstone Paeony!!!
30.gif

yipyip! Thanks Skippy, friend!
keep em coming is right!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:57:07 PM
Author: Gailey
Coati

What is the diameter of your lovely diamond?

Fabulous ring. I''ve saved all your pictures and they rotate on my screensaver!

Gailey

Thanks hon!
1.gif

It''s a little over 8mm.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 9:46:34 PM
Author: mochi
Coati, I never get tired of seeing your fabulous ring!! I so want to set my asscher aqua in the setting that you have with a couple of small pink sapphires on the sides... just a matter of $$, ya know!!

Oh I know--and thanks! I wanted him to set my asscher aqua in a yg setting, but it's going to have to wait... These asscher aquas! What to do!

Would you do wg or yg? You get one, and I'll ogle yours until I can get mine!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 9:56:15 PM
Author: rainydaze
dagnabbit! i lifted off my chair again and now i can''t get down.....

i am so glad you started this thread coati! i don''t think any of us will ever get enough of your gorgeous ring.... and now we have paeony''s spectacularity to swoon (or in my case, levitate) over! peaony - wow! just... wow! everything about it, every little thing, is perfect!

Mwah ha haaaa--you will be joining us soon, my dear!
31.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Coati! I love the wrap on the back too--- I like that I can always straighten my ring without even looking down at it
41.gif

I love that AM setting!!
30.gif
(and as I''m sure you know, it is 1,000,000 times more delicate IRL)
What are you thinking of setting in it????

I currently wear the moonstone on my Right ring finger-- it will eventually go into rotation with my lil'' OEC Jim has right now
31.gif

(did you ever get that OEC lovely of yours reset?)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:52:25 PM
Author: packrat
I need to quit looking in here..I''m just entranced by his work! Those pictures where you can see the point of the diamond coming down..ooooo..I just love them. How high do they sit off your finger?

Love that moonstone too!!

Hiya packrat--mine sits about 6mm off the finger. My old 6 prong sat about 9mm, so this feels perfect.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 4:56:52 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Oh Coati, I was wondering how you got that distinctive color - I absolutely love it, and I had no idea it was because it was unplated gold. It''s so lovely!

Thanks BEG! I really love the unplated. It goes very nicely will all of my vintage bands that are also unplated. Did you talk with Jim?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 9:17:18 AM
Author: Lorelei
Beautiful pictures!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks Miss! BB and Peony have such lovely rings!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 5:51:32 AM
Author: arjunajane
I agree packrat - even though 'the whole package' is amazing, the profile of Coati's ring is what stole my heart !
30.gif
The exposed culet, the milgrain, the flow of the split shank - all of it is perfection in its simplicity! (lol, I may be feeling a lil lyrical after a couple wines tonight)
2.gif

Coati, you know how I feel about your ring hon - since you first got it I have had your photos saved to ogle on a regular basis..I knew I wanted one, and now I am sooo stoked to be able to get one!! Thankyou again for the gracious inspiration.
35.gif

Other JM lovers, hopefully within a month or so I will have this umbalite garnet set in a ring like Coati's - mine will be YG with plat bezel and side wraps - I sincerely can not wait
36.gif

(I hope nobody minds me posting without 'the finished product' - I'm just very excited!)

vendor's pic:

I cannot wait to see that gorgeous umbalite in a JM. A garnet JM dream!
30.gif

Thank for the kind words, hon.

13.gif
(for good measure)
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 1:42:29 PM
Thanks Coati! I love the wrap on the back too--- I like that I can always straighten my ring without even looking down at it
41.gif

I love that AM setting!!
30.gif
(and as I''m sure you know, it is 1,000,000 times more delicate IRL)

What are you thinking of setting in it????

I currently wear the moonstone on my Right ring finger-- it will eventually go into rotation with my lil'' OEC Jim has right now
31.gif

(did you ever get that OEC lovely of yours reset?)

Have you seen it in person?? Oh how I love it--and especially if it''s even more delicate! I find that JM,CM,AM photos show the rings to look thicker than they are. I thought my ring would be a bit thicker in the shank, from JM''s photo, and it is oh so delicate--much to my happiness!

I was going to set an oec in it, but I think my oec will benefit from more light entering in--no bezel--so I decided on a simple six prong. Wink is making it, and I should have it next week.

For the AM--I''d love to do a colored stone! I''d love to see it with a sapphire.

I can''t wait to see your JM oec! You have fantastic taste, woman!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 12:40:16 PM
I hope she doesn''t mind, but HeavyMetal posted her brooch in another thread-- its one-of-a-kind with a ruby, tourmaline and diamond:

Oh that''s very cool! I hope she stops by with more pics!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 12:45:59 PM
And just for fun, the belt buckle that is at the Smithsonian

(there is a ruby in the tree--a cherry)

hahaha! That is very funny--and I adore that little ruby!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
This thread is making me drool!! I just LOVE these pieces.

It''s funny, my e-ring came as unplated white gold from stuller and I liked the color of it. It wasn''t until a jeweler said I should rhodium plate it that I even thought to do it. I guess my ring probably does look better plated, but the slight warmth is really stunning with this style!
30.gif
I WANT!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the height info Coati!

I went to Caleb''s site to browse a little bit and I LOVE this one! I don''t know how to put the picture in, so I''ll just put the link. At the risk of sounding ignorant, what makes the gold look dark on the shank by the bezel and on the swirlies underneath? It''s really pretty that way! Is it just a shadow?

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=38291

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread! (And I could look at pics of Coati''s JM ring once an hour, I so love that ring
1.gif
) - I hope there are more additions and lots of photos soon!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 5:51:32 AM

Date: 2/20/2009 10:52:25 PM
I need to quit looking in here..I''m just entranced by his work! Those pictures where you can see the point of the diamond coming down..ooooo..I just love them. How high do they sit off your finger?

Love that moonstone too!!
I agree packrat - even though ''the whole package'' is amazing, the profile of Coati''s ring is what stole my heart !
30.gif
The exposed culet, the milgrain, the flow of the split shank - all of it is perfection in its simplicity! (lol, I may be feeling a lil lyrical after a couple wines tonight)
2.gif

Coati, you know how I feel about your ring hon - since you first got it I have had your photos saved to ogle on a regular basis..I knew I wanted one, and now I am sooo stoked to be able to get one!! Thankyou again for the gracious inspiration.
35.gif

Other JM lovers, hopefully within a month or so I will have this umbalite garnet set in a ring like Coati''s - mine will be YG with plat bezel and side wraps - I sincerely can not wait
36.gif

(I hope nobody minds me posting without ''the finished product'' - I''m just very excited!)

vendor''s pic:
Gasp! AJ, what a gorgeous umbalite garnet!!! I CANNOT wait to see this set in a two tone!! And the cushion shape bezel will be amazing!!!
Did Jim happen to give you a time-line? (just curious with all of this extra work he seems to be getting lately
2.gif
)
Stay strong in the meantime (its not easy waiting for gorgeousness like that!!)

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 9:47:52 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 2/20/2009 5:19:04 PM
Ooo Oo oo (a la Horshack)
Here''s my Ann McKay (old JM design) moonstone ring
(p.s. Coati, I am SO in love with your ring!!)

Oh, that''s also such a pretty ring! I just went to her website. She does a beautiful job.
Thanks Mochi!
I agree-- I love that there''s so much to look at between all of the catalogues. I already have a few ideas for the future... ahhh if only....
(Oh, btw, Ann and her staff are awesome to work with!)

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 9:56:15 PM
Author: rainydaze
dagnabbit! i lifted off my chair again and now i can''t get down.....

i am so glad you started this thread coati! i don''t think any of us will ever get enough of your gorgeous ring.... and now we have paeony''s spectacularity to swoon (or in my case, levitate) over! peaony - wow! just... wow! everything about it, every little thing, is perfect!
Wow, thanks rainydaze!!
(I love it too!)
I can''t wait to see your upcoming work of art!
36.gif

(I adore everything about your diamond... maybe Jim will accidently send me your ring instead...
11.gif
)
do you live anywhere near Jim or are you doing this all through mail/phone?

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 5:59:44 PM

I went to Caleb''s site to browse a little bit and I LOVE this one! I don''t know how to put the picture in, so I''ll just put the link. At the risk of sounding ignorant, what makes the gold look dark on the shank by the bezel and on the swirlies underneath? It''s really pretty that way! Is it just a shadow?

Packrat, I love that setting-- great flow/lines!

I believe the darker areas are where the metal has been oxidized.
not sure if this occured in the ring-making process or added later (a chemical to oxidize)
It creates a patina to look antiqued
The oxidation should be able to be polished off (or more added if desired)
(anyone correct me if I''m wrong!!)

This technique is used a lot in Caleb Meyer, James Meyer and Ann McKay jewelry (it really brings out the details, esp in engraved pieces)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 11:14:15 PM

Packrat, I love that setting-- great flow/lines!

I believe the darker areas are where the metal has been oxidized.

not sure if this occured in the ring-making process or added later (a chemical to oxidize)

It creates a patina to look antiqued

The oxidation should be able to be polished off (or more added if desired)

(anyone correct me if I''m wrong!!)

This technique is used a lot in Caleb Meyer, James Meyer and Ann McKay jewelry (it really brings out the details, esp in engraved pieces)

Thanks paeony! I love the look of the gold w/the oxidation! It''s like the yellow gold version of Coati''s non-plated white gold.

It looks like it sits up quite a bit higher than Coati''s and BB''s but boy I sure like stare at it! Ha, I keep going back and forth between that one and a couple on JM''s site and holding my left hand out by the screen to "envision" how they''d look!

You know, I want an upgrade so bad right NOW but I''m almost kinda glad I have to wait-there''s 3 or 4 settings I''m torn between, and I''d go batty trying to make a final decision right now!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou so much Coati and Paeony - I seriously cannot wait ! Paeony, he did say ~3 - 4 weeks, but I'm not sure if that is taking into account all the extra work he has coming in at the moment - I think there are 3 PS'ers right now wanting to get rings (that have been announced), and who knows how many others!
Good thing I am going back to study this week, hopefully the time will go quickly. *fingers crossed*
3.gif

Paeony, I believe you are correct about the oxidisation - or in other words he "antiques" the gold.
This is actually something I would like to ask Coati and the other owners - do you think I should have the antiquing done on my piece? I really love it with the old cut diamonds and coloured cabochons, but I was wondering whather it will work with my modern brilliant cut cushion..?
What do you guys think?
Coats, does yours have it?
thanks for your kind words girls!

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/21/2009 11:39:17 PM
Thankyou so much Coati and Paeony - I seriously cannot wait ! Paeony, he did say ~3 - 4 weeks, but I''m not sure if that is taking into account all the extra work he has coming in at the moment - I think there are 3 PS''ers right now wanting to get rings (that have been announced), and who knows how many others!
Good thing I am going back to study this week, hopefully the time will go quickly. *fingers crossed*
3.gif

Paeony, I believe you are correct about the oxidisation - or in other words he ''antiques'' the gold.
This is actually something I would like to ask Coati and the other owners - do you think I should have the antiquing done on my piece? I really love it with the old cut diamonds and coloured cabochons, but I was wondering whather it will work with my modern brilliant cut cushion..?
What do you guys think?
AJ, I''m just one opinion, but I think with JM''s style-- which is all about the lines/movement/subtle detail (instead of flash... (diamonds)), the antiquing is key
Its like doing a drawing-- doesn''t quite look finished without the shading. (the antiquing on mine and what I''ve seen in pictures is very subtle, but casts the right amount of "shadow" in just the right places)
I hope that makes sense!
I think it will look fabulous with your stone!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 1:46:06 PM

Oh Coati, I was wondering how you got that distinctive color - I absolutely love it, and I had no idea it was because it was unplated gold. It''s so lovely!

Thanks BEG! I really love the unplated. It goes very nicely will all of my vintage bands that are also unplated. Did you talk with Jim?

Hey Coati! I actually haven''t! But I''ll prob give him a call this week - I''m sure he''s busy! On the other hand, I went against my resolve and bought another sparkly, so my setting plans keep getting farther away
3.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:01:27 AM

Date: 2/21/2009 11:39:17 PM
Thankyou so much Coati and Paeony - I seriously cannot wait ! Paeony, he did say ~3 - 4 weeks, but I''m not sure if that is taking into account all the extra work he has coming in at the moment - I think there are 3 PS''ers right now wanting to get rings (that have been announced), and who knows how many others!
3.gif

Paeony, I believe you are correct about the oxidisation - or in other words he ''antiques'' the gold.
What do you guys think?
AJ, I''m just one opinion, but I think with JM''s style-- which is all about the lines/movement/subtle detail (instead of flash... (diamonds)), the antiquing is key
Its like doing a drawing-- doesn''t quite look finished without the shading. (the antiquing on mine and what I''ve seen in pictures is very subtle, but casts the right amount of ''shadow'' in just the right places)
I hope that makes sense!
I think it will look fabulous with your stone!
Thanks Paeony for your thoughts - I appreciate to hear from someone who owns a piece too.
Does the antiquing come off after a certain period? (just curious).

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Aj, I believe he does it on all of the pieces as a finish, and it is not permanent--can be polished away. I love the finish--it''s very subtle. The shank of my ring also has a light texture brushed into the gold. The split area of the shank is polished smooth. The ring has several different textures--light hammering, brushing, millgrain etc, and then it also has the finish. I''d email or call Jim, and ask about it-if you are concerned. I''m not worried about the permanence of the finish--it''s so subtle, and there are so many other textures, I doubt I''d notice when it wears off--and I believe that takes quite awhile.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 1:53:57 AM
Date: 2/21/2009 1:46:06 PM

Hey Coati! I actually haven''t! But I''ll prob give him a call this week - I''m sure he''s busy! On the other hand, I went against my resolve and bought another sparkly, so my setting plans keep getting farther away
3.gif

What did you buy, woman??
3.gif
Is it over in colored stones? Dude, don''t I know it! My aqua setting plans are Long Gone at this point!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

Oh I love that one too! The profile is gorgeous, and I bet it''s oh so delicate in person.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results