shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your garnets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG,
You don''t need a flashlight at night! Just swing your hand around to light your way home.
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
LOL!! It''s a mochi with bean filling. Found it on Google...
3.gif

Love all the pictures on this thread..just too yummy!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, I don''t know what a mochi is, ha ha ha. I have to google it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yum, I looked it up. It sounds delicious. Oh I remember the name. I thought it was a Pork Bun. Those are yummy too. My DH devours those.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh...I love pork buns. Haven''t had them in so long. This little town that I live in doesn''t have any good restaurants around. Such a difference from Pheonix where I moved from..
38.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of the restaurants around here make them. A deli bakery opened up and sells them. I order them by the dozen and DH takes them to work as a snack LOL. They are sooooooooo good.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I have to travel 1.5 hrs to get anything decent around here.
14.gif
I envy you... I did order a bunch of mochi on line today, though...
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yummmmy, maybe you could order pork buns on line???

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them, I will take them all!!!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, they are ALL so gorgeous, I can''t say enough about everyone''s garnets - what a rainbow of a thread! I am in love
30.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hope nobody minds, thought I would add a pic of some of my garnets "different personalities"
5.gif

JM um collage.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, Of course we don''t mind having more pics AJ!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, AJ!! I just wanted to post my garnet from Barry just for comparision to yours. I think they look like twins..hehe...

SSCN4052.JPG

SSCN4116.JPG

SSCN4118.JPG

SSCN4339.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As promised, my spess picture is here. I have no idea how everyone takes such clear and close up pictures.
39.gif

spessandtsav.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it radioactive?
31.gif

batterypack.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that''s gorgeous Chrono. I think you probably have a lot of "radioactive" stones in your house. You better warn the neighbors. LOL!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 4:01:40 AM
Author: arjunajane
hope nobody minds, thought I would add a pic of some of my garnets ''different personalities''
5.gif
Yes, I mind. I just hate looking at up close pictures of gorgeous gemstones.
2.gif
Tee hee hee!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 10:50:58 AM
Author: mochi
I love your ring, AJ!! I just wanted to post my garnet from Barry just for comparision to yours. I think they look like twins..hehe...

SSCN4052.JPG

SSCN4116.JPG

SSCN4118.JPG

SSCN4339.JPG
Mochi, you should be a professional gem photographer. You take the most gorgeous pictures (it helps to have gorgeous gems to take gorgeous pictures of as well
31.gif
)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need professional photography tips from Mochi and AJ so my stones don''t look so cruddy.
8.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mochi, thankyou. Yep I love the awesome hot pink flashes inside yours, so pretty!

And Chrono, that is incredible!! This is my next want, a gorgeous big spess, yum..May I ask what size is yours? It looks
awesome on you..I wish we could see closer up. Are you using macro mode?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL and AJ. The spess is a 5.03ct, 9.7 mm stone cut by Jeff White.

Yes, I used the macro function but if I get any closer to the ring, the camera doesn''t want to focus on it.
33.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 11:20:06 PM
Author: Chrono
Thanks TL and AJ. The spess is a 5.03ct, 9.7 mm stone cut by Jeff White.

Yes, I used the macro function but if I get any closer to the ring, the camera doesn''t want to focus on it.
33.gif
Hrmmm..do you have just a digital point n shoot?
I''m no camera buff, but perhaps try placing the ring on something, and using the auto-timer function so there is no movement at all?

I am lucky as my camera has image stabilization, otherwise mine would likely suck ha..does yours have that?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a digital point and shoot. Not sure if it has an auto timer. Hubby has the fancy camera with the auto stabilizer but the size of the camera sort of deters me.
emembarrassed.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, love your Spess, it sure does glow
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous garnets everyone! And mochi, you take fantastic pictures!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 11:35:53 PM
Author: Chrono
I think it''s a digital point and shoot. Not sure if it has an auto timer. Hubby has the fancy camera with the auto stabilizer but the size of the camera sort of deters me.
emembarrassed.gif
Ha ha - yeah, I''d love to fool around with an SLR camera, but I''m sure it would take me forever to figure anything out.
40.gif

Hrrmm..in that case, I guess just rest it on something like a flower, in its box, etc - than use your elbows on a desk etc. to steady yourself? I''m sure this
is very basic silly advice that you''ve already tried!
Mine also has macro mode than digital macro - not sure of what the difference is technically, but I always use digi macro
for my rings - you can get more detail. Does yours have that by any chance..?

have you seen this thread with pointers..
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-to-take-good-photos-of-your-diamonds.102989/

it may have more techy pointers than I am able to give
5.gif

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Haven''t been around much lately but congrats to all you ladies with stunning new garnets! I''m drooling here! Love this thread!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh mochi your stunning Tanga garnet is EXACTLY what I'm dreaming of!! I haven't seen thos pics before but I've recently been looking for a stone just like yours!! Maybe I'll just make your pic my screensaver and stare at it forever and be done with it
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results