shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your family heirloom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Here''s a gold pin with amethysts. Amethyst was her birthstone.

amsutm_2.jpg

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
A pearl and pewter (?) ring:

psutms1_1.jpg

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
And finally, a diamond and platinum ring. The center stone is just over 2 carats.

dsutma5_1.jpg

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Another view.

dsutmd1_1.jpg

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
In sunlight:

dsutmisun_1.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2005 11:58:13 AM
Author: bstraszheim
Could this be considered a kite shaped diamond?
Yes. Wow! It is a crime to show that to anyone who likes step cuts as much as I do!
9.gif
There are a couple of unusual branded cuts that look somewhat like this. But the shape is expected in tiny sidestones not this large. Wonderful pendant!
One may expect such things in authentic Deco jewelry - and not too often. You are lucky to have such a thing

It has a few cousins in a certain unusual shop... take a look

Matching earrings could be square step cut, no?
5.gif

Nutmeg!

Wow! Love the earrings... from the picture one may think they are tiny, but they aurely are not. Do you ever wear them? And the ring... Lucky lady
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Nutmeg! Thanks for your yummy contributions to this my very favorite thread!

I think your earrings are to die for....I just love them. And that diamond ring!
23.gif
just gorgeous!
30.gif

Do you wear them often?

widget

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Great thread. I enjoyed everyones pieces.

So FI''s Grandmother gave me my gift. She said her daughter was evil for losing what was really supposed to be passed on to me. lol
To make up for it.. grandma passed on these earrings and bracelets.

earring_bracelet_shot.JPG

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
Widget: Unfortunately I only rarely wear these pieces. I''m single and not yet 30, so I''m pretty shy about wearing big diamonds. I am hoping to grow into them! And I probably wouldn''t ever wear a pearl ring, since I''d surely ruin it.

Posting pictures here is a little bit like having an occasion to wear
the jewelry!

Thanks to everyone for sharing--I''ve really been enjoying all the beautiful pieces on this thread.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2005 11:40:15 AM
Author: nutmeg

Unfortunately I only rarely wear these pieces. ... Posting pictures here is a little bit like having an occasion to wear
the jewelry!
Waint a minute! There are tons of hand pictures on Pricescope
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: nutmeg
Unfortunately I only rarely wear these pieces. I''m single and not yet 30...I am hoping to grow into them!
Stick around Pricescope for a while, and you''ll be surprised how quickly you''ll "grow into them"!
2.gif

Are the earrings that big? Can''t tell from the picture...I''d imagined that they are smaller.

Cute330xigrl: How sweet of your future "GIL"!! Can you take any closer up pics?

widget

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
This is a sterling silver and black onyx ring that either belongs to my aunt or my mom...it''s from the 1970''s. Whoever it belongs to, we have it now. Not worth anything, but it''s a nice, big ring when I feel like being adventurous.

112556.jpg
112537.jpg

nutmeg

Rough_Rock
You''re right, Widget, the 3-stone earrings aren''t so terribly big.

For dressing up at night I''d tend to wear diamond studs
(1 ct each, from the same grandmother--lucky me). I think around here
that would be considered normal everyday wear.
1.gif
I could start
getting used to this!
26.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Great Grandmother''s Jabel E Ring

bebosring.jpg

Grandmother''s Jabel Bracelet

PIC_0268.jpg

Just a few pics, there is too much to post really lol.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2005 7:29:25 PM
Author: Beth
Great Grandmother's Jabel E Ring

bebosring.jpg

Grandmother's Jabel Bracelet

PIC_0268.jpg

Just a few pics, there is too much to post really lol.
Hi Beth, your great grandmother's ring and bracelet are amazing
36.gif
! I
30.gif
them. We can never have too many pictures. Please post more!!!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DiaDiva. I adore antiques and have been fortunate enough to have inherited several really nice pieces from both sides of the family. I sort of keep mostly quiet round here though. These two are in my daily line up so I thought I would share them. They are favorites. Not the biggest and best etc. but very sentimental pieces.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! Gorgeous new additions ladies!

I''m very excited and must share! My lovely personal assistant from our wedding just got engaged to her boyfriend of 1 year, and the ring is a family heirloom that his grandmother gave them! It is an OMC in a platinum filigree setting, and just stunning! I''ll have to try and get some pictures if she''ll let me post them.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Beth-

Thanks so much for sharing- both pieces are beautiful!!!! I''d wear them everyday with pride & a happy heart!

if the photo bug should strike, we''d love more photos....
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beth I think it is only fair to show us pictures of your WHOLE collection!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh this post is my favorite - I LOVE antiques!

Yesterday I was at a jewelery store that has a nice little estate counter and I found a BEAUTY of a ring, but I jsut don''t have the changefor it right now. It was a European cut diamond, .60ct, K, Vs1, didn''t look yellow, sparkled like MAD with those yummy this chunky sparkles that only an OEC has, it was set in an antique setting with tiny diamonds -and get this - it was only $1450 - i didn''t think that was bad at all!! I almost peed down my leg - really. I got all sweaty over it, like i was meeting Matthew McConehey or something. The sale woman had to rip my fingers from it to return it to the case. *SIGH*

I''m turning 30, don''t I NEED a big present like that for myself?

Vix

Shiny_Rock
Wow...I''d seen some of your photos on the "Antique Cuts" thread, but how wonderful to see more and even better--get the stories that are entwined with them!

Despite having a great-grandfather who was a jeweler, heirlooms are a bit scarce in my life. I''m not sure what my grandmother (his DIL) has stashed away, though...she loves jewelry and with a slew of greedy er, APPRECIATIVE granddaughters she''s pretty quiet about her treasures, ha! But hey, good for her for enjoying the sparklies.

Luckily for me Mr Vix recently gave me a new-to-us ''20s European Cut diamond; should I snag the job I need I''ll be heading right back to the jeweler who sold it to us and emerge with another treat. My ring''s hex setting and dainty carat size are such a close match to some of the wonderful rings I''ve seen on this thread...I just love the craft that went into these pieces no matter how big or small.

Anyway, here''s hoping the holidays bring a few more family transfers or self-indulgences...don''t forget the photos!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
What a great thread! All these pieces are so beautiful.

Like Diamondlil''s grandma, my grandmother kept a ring from a marriage proposal that she didn''t accept. Until recently, I thought my grandfather gave the ring to her, because she wore it with her wedding ring-- guess he didn''t mind! The ring is still on her finger (the picture was taken on her 90th birthday). It will be mine one day-- but I hope not too soon :)

IMGP0984.jpg

ladydee91500

Rough_Rock
Everyone''s jewelry is so beautiful...
36.gif

here is my ring.. theres another.. but i''ll have to add the other one at another time...
19.gif

This one.. i got from my grandma .. I know the diamonds are real.. set in white gold but the band is yellow gold.. 14 kt... also... i beleive the carat weight is about 1.5 to 2.0

100_0443.jpg

100_0445.jpg

100_0442.jpg

This is also got from my Grandma.. when i was 16.. its white gold.. and about 1 ct. maybe more.. i d k... and it def needs to be cleaned.. i wear it often.. so it doesn''t sparkle as much at the second.. lol

100_0563.jpg

100_0559.jpg

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
This is a gold coin that was made into a necklace. The story is that when my father''s family fled Lithuania in the early 1900''s, during the Jewish purges, they stopped in England and changed all their money into gold coin. This paid for the trip to America, and they eventually settled in Denver, and then moved on to San Francisco. This is the last coin that remained from their immigration.

rebnecklace11.JPG

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
This is the other side.

rebnecklace22.JPG

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my grandmother's (father's mother) ering. It was given to me by my stepmother at my older sister's wedding in Oct. I think she gave it to me because she was giving grandma's china to my sis as wedding present. The china may be worth a lot more, but I think I got the better deal!

I don't have the appraisal, but it is a 1 ct. OEC, L-M color and SI clarity (I think). Platinum prongs on a YG band. Well worn, but well loved and cherished by me because I never got to meet her and now she, my Grandfather, and my Dad have all passed away.

ETA: Sorry, this was the best pic I could get! Complete with glare off the finger-printed table!
2.gif

grandmamollyering.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Fatafelice: How lovely! I agree....you got the better deal getting the ring!
5.gif

It''s been a while since I visited this thread...DiaDiva: Your great grandmother''s ring is proof that what''s old is new again....it could have been made yesterday!

BTW...what is "Jabel"??? Is it a brand?

Dulcinea: That is a beautiful opal in your grandmother''s ring! YUM!!

And Rebemdee! That gold coin is WONDERFUL!! And what a great story behind it!

Aren''t these heirlooms wonderful? They have so much meaning and are so precious to us! Most of you guys are probably too young to think about this, but try to learn as much as you can about the history of your old pieces, and WRITE IT DOWN so that their stories will survive when it''s time to pass them on to YOUR granddaughters!
1.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nanny gave me her ering.
It belonged to my grandfather''s grandmother. It''s kind of a cluster ring with an emerald cut in the center.

nanvvv333.JPG

nanzz111.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a side shot
nancc444.JPG

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh-I am so sorry again about your Nanna, her ring is so pretty....I love it. Wear it proud for her!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results