shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your family heirloom!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shannagain

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I forgot to mention too that platinum couldn''t be used for jewelry during the war, so this was probably among the first rings to use platinum after the war ended.

Here''s a picture of it with the band we had custom made to match. The only hard thing about heirloom e-rings is that they can sometimes be hard to find a matching band for. I wish I knew about this site when we were getting it made, though, I''m not completely happy with it :(

Thanks for the welcome!

P1000285.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Oh My!

Lovely, lovely!

Unfortunately my mother's house was robbed a few years ago and they took all of her inherited jewelry and silver. It's sad that I will never see those pieces again. I came across a necklace (in the estate section of a local jewelr) that looked just like one she'd had, so I gave it to her for Mothers Day.
She really liked it. Here I am serenading her with her new (old) gold necklace.
(not the wooden beads!)

OldNewNecklace.jpg

sdm

Rough_Rock
I recently received this ring. It belonged to my husband''s great grandmother (ring is probably from the late 1800''s). I had it appraised and here are the specs:

Ladies'' platinum and diamond ring in a scalloped oval shape.
Plate set with 31 diamonds.
Center diamond is European cut and is .30 ct.
The diamonds are VS clarity and G color and are very well matched.
The ring is antique style, is well made and is in excellent condition.

I commented to the jeweler about the good condition and he said that when women were wearing this type of wedding ring, they usually only wore it to church and the rest of the week it was in a drawer. Lucky for me!

Susan_Didi3Email.jpg

sdm

Rough_Rock
Here is a side view of the ring. That''s Dusty, my cat, in the background.
My husband''s aunt gave the ring to me. She is in her 80''s and decided to pass it to family members now, instead of after she is gone. I am thrilled to have been chosen to get this ring (there were 4 possibilities of who would get the ring!).

Susan_Jewelry DidiSide.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
dbgaap!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of you and your mom!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It couldn't be sweeter!

and KER-THUNK....sdm! Your heirloom ring is absolutely gorgeous! What a treasure! I've never seen that overall shape/design before, and I especially love the side view: It's Edwardian, but you can tell Art Deco is just around the corner!!

Congrats to you, lucky girl!

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SDM your ring is positively dreamy.
30.gif
What a treasure--enjoy it!!!

cheers--Sharon

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

Here''s a ring that my grandmother gave to me when I was a baby. Her father gave it to her when she was pretty young. I''m pretty sure she was born around the turn of the century. Here''s what my appraisal says:

The center stone is a .18 transitional cut, F SI1
3.7mmx2.2mm
cut: sym-good, polish-good
depth: 59%
table: 62%
girdle thickness: medium
culet: none
fluorescence: none

The center stone is prong set. The ring is set with 18 single and mine cut diamonds mesuring 1.5mm to 2.1mm each, .55 cts T.W., vs1-vs2 clarity, G-H color and are prong set. the ring is of an antique filigree design and tapers from 1.4mm to 12.7mm

And here''s a collage I made with my new sony cyber-shot 6.0. I know it''s not very clear, but I just got the camera yesterday and am still learning how to use it (there''s no macro function
8.gif
)

antiqueringcollageweb.jpg

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
Yay, I''m excited! When I get my grandma''s wedding set back from my jeweler, I''ll have pictures to show you!

Of course, it''s not mine...it belongs to my mom, now. But she won''t mind.
9.gif

We''re having it polished and the gold re-plated with rhodium, plus the prongs are being done and possibly a re-shank as the gold wore almost through, and we''re having the e-ring and we WB re-soldered after they were split when Grandma died. See, my mom got the WB and my aunt got the E-ring, but then she gave my mom the E-ring as well because she didn''t want them split up anymore.

It doesn''t have much diamond but it''s such a pretty little set.

Anyway, pictures of it will come hopefully within the week!!!
36.gif

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock

As promised, a shot of the rings all spiffied up! My grandparents got married in 1950, and my grandpa spent (I believe) $200 on the set. Considering minimum wage was $.75/hour that year, this set cost a pretty penny!

I don''t have any specs, except for that it is 14k white gold, and I believe was just sized up to an 8 for my mom, although my finger is closer to a 6.

Please ignore my crooked flute player pinky finger!!

Ring.jpg

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow! all family heirloom is beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

here is my mom's morganite ring from my Grandmoter.
I don't know how old ?
she never wear because the stone is bit too big ..( sorry bad picture,it's very beautiful pink in real)

P1140803.JPG

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
this one is side of pic of wedding band ( from my Grandmather)

P1170131.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
flower, I really like the pink of the morganite. it''s shy and sexy at the same time!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ve posted these here before, but i took some better shots with my new camera and thought i''d repost them.

diamond cocktail ring that was my cousin''s sweet sixteen present. It''s 50 years old.

cocktailjcrow2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
side

cocktailjcrow3.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
front

cocktailjcrow1.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this one is my cousin''s mom''s engagement ring. It''s about 85 years old or so.

i think i need to reloop this sucker! doesn''t it look like it has fat arrows??

eringheirloomjcrow.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
angle

eringheirloomjcrow4.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

eringheirloomjcrow2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and side

eringheirloomjcrow3.jpg

puresparks

Rough_Rock
these are all so beautiful!! heirloom pieces are just amazing - aesthecially beautiful, filled with sentiment, and passed down family tree - it''s just great to see!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I finally took pictures of my great aunt''s jewelry that was passed down to me. They are 14k white gold, but it took several jewelers to be able to determine that. I had the ring sized and that jeweler was positive that it was platinum, and he sized it in platinum instead of white gold. I took the pendant to get a chain (the original was VERY delicate and I wanted something sturdier) and he said definitely white gold. The milgraining and craftsmanship are truly magnificent, and I''m sure I didn''t capture that very well. At any rate, here are my family heirlooms.

heirloomring.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Here is the clasp of the bracelet. It catches the next segment and when it''s closed, you can''t tell where the clasp is. It''s beautiful and I''ve not seen anything like it in contemporary jewelry. Shame, too, because it''s very easy to put on without help (except that it''s about 6 1/2 " -- she was a tiny lady).

clasp1.JPG

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Lastly is the pendant.

pendantheirloom.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results