shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your diamond eternity wedding sets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mara, for posting my info!

I haven''t been online much because my sister is in town for a visit. But I was feeling like someone out there was twisting my arm. Ouch
9.gif
!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Demelza, I''m glad the arm twisting worked!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have pictures of diamond eternity wedding sets with non-round center stones? Thanks!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
All right.....I've been holding back on you ladies....

This is my 1.04ct J in a shared prong setting by Gottlieb & Sons. It has a .13ct round on each side and 5 .02ct rounds on each side. I have mostly been wearing it as a stand alone ring or with my plain band as I was afraid of the diamonds rubbing against each other.

100_1383.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with a 3mm plain band. I want to get a 2mm band as I think it will look better.

100_1385.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my current eternity band. The stones in the eternity band are close to 4 points each and you can see the size difference. There is a matching band for the mounting but I won''t get that for a while.
2.gif

100_1386.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Pebbles, your wedding set is beautiful!!! Your e-ring looks great with the plain band and with the etenity band!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee I was just walking through this thread again...

I noticed a pattern. This year I got an upgrade, Dem, Laney, Lynn...who else? It''s sooo funny to see the original rings and then a few pages later ''oh here''s my new upgrade''...
31.gif

Guess Leila will be adding her new upgraded 2c very soon as well!

Hopefully next year I''ll add mine yet again!!
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara as in next Spring??
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
pebbles,

I love your new setting. i like it with the plain band as well as the eternity, gives you lots of different ways to change the look..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 2:22:23 PM
Author: kaleigh
Mara as in next Spring??
31.gif
God (and Greg!) Willing!
12.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just noticed that I have not added my set in this thread.

E-ring contains 3.01 F-SI1 pear and 6 F-G/VS diamonds TW = .70 ct. (size 3.75)
Eternity ring contains 25 - .04ct D-E/VVS diamonds TW = 1.00ct. (size 3.5 then "reamed out" a little)

Just recently bought another Eternity ring with 23 - .05ct G-H/SI diamonds TW = 1.15ct (size 4)
for when cflutist eats too much. (The look is very much the same though)

small%20P1120399-e-w-ring-on-cruise-1.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2005 6:51:48 PM
Author: cflutist

I just noticed that I have not added my set in this thread.

E-ring contains 3.01 F-SI1 pear and 6 F-G/VS diamonds TW = .70 ct. (size 3.75)

Eternity ring contains 25 - .04ct D-E/VVS diamonds TW = 1.00ct. (size 3.5 then ''reamed out'' a little)

Just recently bought another Eternity ring with 23 - .05ct G-H/SI diamonds TW = 1.15ct (size 4)
for when cflutist eats too much. (The look is very much the same though)

LOL
31.gif

destiny07

Rough_Rock
26.gif
Here is my 3 sided pave eternity set (engagement ring is half eternity, wedding band is full) with 2.01 carat princess center on platinum.

destiny07ring.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW DESTINY...that ring set is fantabulous. My eyes went wide when I saw it..hee hee...So beautiful and delicate!! Do you have more pictures or your own thread??

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2005 8:39:19 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 10/29/2005 2:22:23 PM
Mara as in next Spring??
31.gif
God (and Greg!) Willing!
12.gif

This cracks me up, M!!!
9.gif
We''re all keeping our fingers crossed and sending "mara needs an upgrade" vibes to greg!!! hehehe!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Destiny, OMG that is just the most gorgeous set I''ve ever seen. It deserves it''s own thread as Mara said.
30.gif
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 5:39:07 PM
Destiny, OMG that is just the most gorgeous set I''ve ever seen. It deserves it''s own thread as Mara said.
30.gif
30.gif

Hi Destiny:

OMGoodness, definitely!! It''s so beautiful and looks amazing on you! I love it too!! A thread w/more pics please?!
36.gif
30.gif

destiny07

Rough_Rock
Sorry, ladies! That''s all the pics I have :(

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Destiny, that set is GORGEOUS!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

destiny07

Rough_Rock
Thanks! The gap use to bother me but I love it now. Thiese were not made as a set. I ONLY wanted to wear one ring so I chose the 3 sided half eternity. After being married for a couple months, people kept asking where my wedding band was. At the same time, my ring kept turning so I went to my jeweler to have it sized, he suggested not to. On Valentine''s Day, my husband of only 3 months surprised me with the matching 3 sided eternity band. Now, my ring does not turn and I love it!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Destiny, how sweet of your husband!!

You should definitely start your own thread so everyone here on PS can see your pics!!

diamondobsessed

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''m new here and can I just say that I am absolutely DYING over all these pics!!! I''m having serious bling envy!! I have a nice set, a one carat round with a partial eternity band (what are those called?) because I felt the eternity band was uncomfortable plus I''m really rough on my jewelery so I didn''t want to have stones to slam down on things plus I didn''t have alot of cash so I figured why pay for stones that I won''t see? Anyhow, my eternity band is wearing down the prongs on the head of my center stone setting. That''s good only for one reason, now I have to have my center stone reset and am hoping to maybe upgrade the stone or just put it in a setting with matching stones to the eternity band. Anyone here ever have any problems with diamonds wearing down the setting they are rubbing against? I''m thinking I may have to have them attached to eachother but I like the separate, rolling around thing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 9:27:52 PM
Author: diamondobsessed
Ok, I'm new here and can I just say that I am absolutely DYING over all these pics!!! I'm having serious bling envy!! I have a nice set, a one carat round with a partial eternity band (what are those called?) because I felt the eternity band was uncomfortable plus I'm really rough on my jewelery so I didn't want to have stones to slam down on things plus I didn't have alot of cash so I figured why pay for stones that I won't see? Anyhow, my eternity band is wearing down the prongs on the head of my center stone setting. That's good only for one reason, now I have to have my center stone reset and am hoping to maybe upgrade the stone or just put it in a setting with matching stones to the eternity band. Anyone here ever have any problems with diamonds wearing down the setting they are rubbing against? I'm thinking I may have to have them attached to eachother but I like the separate, rolling around thing.
Yes people have definitely had problems with settings eating each other, Demelza just that issue with her wedding set where the shared prong diamonds were eating away her prongs on the big diamond....it's definitely an issue on some sets or sets that were not meant to be sets etc.

The consensus seems to be that if you have to shared prong settings with exposed girdles (which is what can eat your large diamond prongs most typically) is to somehow separate the rings a bit either with a tiny 1mm spacer or make the BOTTOM of the ring a bit wider or something similar so that the rings just barely do not touch each other. On the other hand if you are starting from scratch you can have an eternity set made where the girdles DO NOT protrude so there is no touching regardless of whether or not the rings are flush. OR you can do what I did which requires a little bit more metal but there is no rubbage, instead of shared prong I did 4 prong melee so that each small diamond is in 4 prongs so when the rings touch each other it's metal on metal not metal on diamond or diamond on diamond. I didn't think about rubbage when I was doing the set, it was more for durability but now I am very glad we went this route!

There has been alot of discussion on this lately in the forums, maybe try searching on something like 'shared prong' or similar, I can't think of the keywords right now, but people who have had issues are Demelza most recently, and also someone else posted recently as well. Lynn B has a set of semi-eternities that were made by Whiteflash and she has not had any issues, so she may be a good person to talk to re: positive ideas. Good luck!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Destiny! Your set is gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
Thanks for posting pictures.

So it turns out that a gap between the rings is a good thing!
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Destiny that is one heck of a ring set!
36.gif

pahoyafan

Rough_Rock
Wow, Destiny, where did you get that setting...is it custom made?

destiny07

Rough_Rock
pahoyafan,

Yes, it is custom made from A & S Jewelry (Irvine, California)

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Santa gave me a new camera (Nikon coolpix 7600) for Christmas, I''ve been trying it.

The collage shows the details of my rings but not the color, I''ll have to keep working on that. The diamond is a faint yellow but looks to have much more color than it really does. The smaller diamonds are considerably whiter in color. I was going for look like the rings seen on Fay Cullen''s site. This diamond has a nice shape, great sparkle, and fabulous flashes of color. I''m always getting compliments and "hand grabbing" from people, it''s definitely not a ring you see everyday. I wasn''t looking for a marquise but when it came up it was perfect for the look I was considering. We also tossed around the idea of a Leon halo style ring but I decided to see if I could find a matching ring to my then wedding band, which became the e-ring in this set.

One local jeweler said it couldn''t be done that my antique wedding band would come apart in the process but I found another that made it happen. Everyone was very surprised and pleased with the outcome.

Details:
6.25 size (I wear them loose because of working with my hands, they tend to swell)
Plat eternity ring 1920''s, single cut stones 22, 1ctw, 3.2mm wide
Marquise 1.36 S, VS1 (11 x 6 approx.) med blu flour.
~Jeweler removed one stone from the eternity ring to install the head

Plat eternity ring 1950''s, 22 full cut stones, 1ctw, 2.8mm wide

marquisering4.jpg

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW cnspotts!! Your set is gorgeous
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results