shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your aquamarines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine, still working on setting it.

IMG_0724_3.jpg

ETA: Almost bought one from Richard Homer, than decided on the stone in my aviator. I plan on having more than one aqua in the future.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 5:42:44 PM
Author:Ryon
I am interested in purchasing one soon and just want to see what you guys have.

If you have a stone of a similar color feel free to post as well
Many aquas with noticable blue color in them have a very distinct grey cast, so try to avoid that when buying an aqua. Here's one I'm particularly fond of. Even though there's a window, it's a more vibrant blue than your typical blue aqua. Less grey in this one

http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=950

One of the reasons I love cuprian tourmalines so much is that they lack much of the grey cast that plague so many aquas. They're just really difficult to find nowadays.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 8:19:22 PM
Author: yingh
Aquamarine_Round-7.JPG

This is my round aqua cut by Barry from ACS. Here is the original thread if you want more pictures. It''s not set yet but I have a pretty clear idea on the setting now.
21.gif

Wowza. That color is unbelievable! Just gorgeous.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 7:10:18 AM
Author: kribbie

Aquamarine_Round-7.JPG

This is my round aqua cut by Barry from ACS. Here is the original thread if you want more pictures. It''s not set yet but I have a pretty clear idea on the setting now.
21.gif

1.gif
I agree, that is a very beautiful aqua. We were all oogling it in her original thread on this piece. I don''t see a lot of grey in that one, so it''s a very good example of nice material.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
This little beauty came in the post today. Its a pillbox aquamarine necklace from Sally at Heart of Water on Etsy. Its an awful picture from my phone. Will take better ones later. I think it would look ace with another one on a 2" longer chain. I''ll have to start thinking about stones!

Here is Sally''s description- Pillbox Necklace in Sterling Silver with natural Aquamarine. We have made your chain 17" long, closing in back with a handcrafted toggle clasp. The gemstone is 5.5 mm wide, set in the handmade Pillbox, and weighs .44 ct.

pillboxaquanecklace.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There many qualities of aquamarine. Many are heated to drive of the gray and green but even then, not all the gray is removed. I have also seen too many that are too light and washed out as to appear almost colourless with a hint of blue gray. A good aquamarine should be as vivid blue as possible, which is different from a deep blue. A deep blue can be light in saturation. Yingh’s Barry aquamarine is a good coloured stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 7:10:18 AM
Author: kribbie

Aquamarine_Round-7.JPG

21.gif

1.gif
Yingh!! I know I said it before, but that is just a fantastic looking aqua! What is the setting going to be, wanna share????

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
This was a good topic, I like seeing all the variations of one stone.

That Barry stone is amazing also the finewater in the middle was stunning as well

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The 3 rings on the pinky and ring fingers are all aquamarines. The one on the pinky looks a bit more greenish in real life but the others are fairly accurate.

kiz-bluerings.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 9:54:35 AM
Author: Chrono

There many qualities of aquamarine. Many are heated to drive of the gray and green but even then, not all the gray is removed. I have also seen too many that are too light and washed out as to appear almost colourless with a hint of blue gray. A good aquamarine should be as vivid blue as possible, which is different from a deep blue. A deep blue can be light in saturation. Yingh’s Barry aquamarine is a good coloured stone.

Agreed. I think my aqua is a dark color, but it has too much grey. I bought it 15 years ago so it doesn't appeal to me as it used to.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aquamarine_Round-7.JPG

This is my round aqua cut by Barry from ACS. Here is the original thread if you want more pictures. It's not set yet but I have a pretty clear idea on the setting now.
21.gif
Oh I love love this one and Catmom's. I just have a thing for round stones lately. Ahh

ETA: Sapphire Lover's pillbox bty necklace is a really cool idea. TFS

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will throw mine in this "beautiful" thread. (yingh, the color on that stone is incredible)

This was a recut on my heirloom by Richard Homer. Before and after shot.

Aqua04.JPG

Aqua7831.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m loving all these aqua eye candy.. they are all so beautiful!
30.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments. This blue fellow is indeed an eye candy.

Ellen, I think your aqua ring is THE most beautiful aqua on this forum. What a transformation!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 1:34:18 PM
Thanks for all the compliments. This blue fellow is indeed an eye candy.

Ellen, I think your aqua ring is THE most beautiful aqua on this forum. What a transformation!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I call it a tie between you guys, but they all have looked great. Even that necklace was really simple and nice.

In a couple days I can add mine =) (or hers i mean)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, yingh, that is quite the compliment!! Thank you so much! (my ring thanks you too)
5.gif

Ryon, thank you too, I feel totally honored to have my stone in the same company as yingh's! And I agree, we have a lot of lovely Aqua's on here!
30.gif

I would steal a certain pear necklace if I thought I could get away with it....
27.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2009 10:04:27 PM
Author: Ryon

Date: 6/4/2009 6:50:13 PM
Author: omieluv
The aqua was sourced by Wink at Winfield's and cut (concave) by Richard Homer. I posted this picture because you can really how the cutting enhances the stone. If you would like me to post a close-up, let me know.
Post a close up, I like RH stones
Sorry, I just saw your post today...The concave cut is more modern and I know that the setting is not, but I think the mix is quite nice, IMHO.

aqua.etsy.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Those RH concaves are so nice, they almost seem unreal. I was so close to getting one.
Thanks for taking another pic =)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 1:56:10 PM
Author: Ryon
Those RH concaves are so nice, they almost seem unreal. I was so close to getting one.
Thanks for taking another pic =)
Here is a closer shot of the cut.

Aqua.omie.1.a.JPG

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine cut by Gary at Finewater

aqass.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:20:04 PM
Author: autumngems
Here is mine cut by Gary at Finewater
Autumngems, I LOVE how octagonal yours is from Gary! Gorgeous!!!!!

Here''s a better pic of my Asscher from him. Ellen''s gorgeous Aqua was my inspiration. Now, if only I could afford a Leon solitaire.
2.gif

original.aspx

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine.
Asscher, 9x9, 3.94 carat.
Hope this works; my first time.
I decided to do the bottom up shot because the color is easier to see.

aqua 7297.jpg

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
ryon-here is my contribution-a 15+ct unheated aqua pendent-pretty good color & very clean-thanks for the request...

m06a.JPG

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
I got to be honest, I never expected so many nice stones to get on this thread (maybe just a couple).

These 5 above me are all unique and great stones in there own right and I like the darker green on the last 2, much different from what I have seen.

Lauren im starting to wonder what you dont have lol, I like that we see 2 different colors of the same cut though, both are great.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am loving all the pictures of aquamarines. I used to have an aquamarine ring when I was a teen, but did not realize you are not supposed to use diamond cleaner on an aquamarine so now it is so cloudy and messed up. I would eventually love to get another one.

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 8:59:25 PM
Author: CravingDiamonds
I am loving all the pictures of aquamarines. I used to have an aquamarine ring when I was a teen, but did not realize you are not supposed to use diamond cleaner on an aquamarine so now it is so cloudy and messed up. I would eventually love to get another one.
I''m sorry =( but you can always get another!!! =)

I want to become a cutter, it sounds like a lot of work, but also a lot of fun..
18.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:28:20 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Here''s a better pic of my Asscher from him. Ellen''s gorgeous Aqua was my inspiration. Now, if only I could afford a Leon solitaire.
2.gif
Start saving those pennies girly!
2.gif

Pink Tower, I''d LOVE to see your stone face up please!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 5:22:29 PM
Author: Pink Tower
Here is mine.
Asscher, 9x9, 3.94 carat.
Hope this works; my first time.
I decided to do the bottom up shot because the color is easier to see.
Oh my gosh! Can we please see the face up?!?!? Gorgeous, and HUGE!!!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren,
Since YOU asked, I will try to post a shot of it face up. I really love the stone, but how on earth do you wear those big asschers, girl? I think yours are this big, correct? Here ya go, the ''crinkles'' are not there in reality, that is just the way it photographs. Thanks for looking.

Img_7284 aqua.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:46:26 AM
Author: Pink Tower
Lauren,
Since YOU asked, I will try to post a shot of it face up. I really love the stone, but how on earth do you wear those big asschers, girl? I think yours are this big, correct? Here ya go, the ''crinkles'' are not there in reality, that is just the way it photographs. Thanks for looking.
OMG, that is awesome!!!! I love octagonal Asschers, and yours has such gorgeous colour!

I just responded to a post in TL''s spess thread, but because I bezeled my 8.26 scapolite, I feel like that''s as big (and deep) of an Asscher as I can go. I tend to like lower jewelry, and with my scapolite, I had my jeweler set the culet INTO the shank so that I could shave half a mm or so in height. It''s still super tall, and I''m thankful for the bezel or I might whack it around a bit too much.

How deep is your stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results