shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your aquamarines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I have forgotten how deep the aqua is, if I ever knew. It was a 5 carat that was recut to 3.94 and it is 9x9. Surely it cannot be as deep as your scapolite! I am going to have to search for your thread and see how you set your big girl! I will respond there if it will allow me. I was thinking that was your avator (spelling?) but I must be thinking of the wrong ring.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 12:00:26 PM
Author: Pink Tower
I have forgotten how deep the aqua is, if I ever knew. It was a 5 carat that was recut to 3.94 and it is 9x9. Surely it cannot be as deep as your scapolite! I am going to have to search for your thread and see how you set your big girl! I will respond there if it will allow me. I was thinking that was your avator (spelling?) but I must be thinking of the wrong ring.
Hey Pink Tower - it''s only 8.26mm, sorry about that! Depth is somewhere in the 6.15mm range, IIRC.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 11:46:26 AM
Lauren,
Since YOU asked, I will try to post a shot of it face up. I really love the stone, but how on earth do you wear those big asschers, girl? I think yours are this big, correct? Here ya go, the ''crinkles'' are not there in reality, that is just the way it photographs. Thanks for looking.
Oh, I guess my request wasn''t worthy?
20.gif

mus

Shiny_Rock
Resize%20of%2011.png

mus

Shiny_Rock
"Santa maria blue" unheated aquamarines

782209.jpg

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laurenthepartier,

Mine is currently on it''s way to be set by Brian Gavin. I hated to see it go but it will be amazing when set.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 2:18:48 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 6/9/2009 11:46:26 AM
Lauren,
Since YOU asked, I will try to post a shot of it face up. I really love the stone, but how on earth do you wear those big asschers, girl? I think yours are this big, correct? Here ya go, the ''crinkles'' are not there in reality, that is just the way it photographs. Thanks for looking.
Oh, I guess my request wasn''t worthy?
20.gif
ROFL! I
30.gif
you, Linda!!!!
35.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mus, WOW!

Date: 6/9/2009 3:11:34 PM
Author: autumngems
Laurenthepartier,

Mine is currently on it''s way to be set by Brian Gavin. I hated to see it go but it will be amazing when set.
Autumn, Brian does amazing work, and I can''t wait to see what he does for you! Are you going solitaire, or side stones? Halo?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen,
Sorry!! No slight intended. I guess I never would imagine you could be interested in my aqua, considering all the gorgeous stones you have. Plus, you know how to photograph them. The aqua I posted is a special stone to me, and interesting. It is not precision cut. I had it recut in Asia, the old fashioned way, and I made a deliberate choice to do that. It has an antique feeling as a result. I love precision cuts, and I own them. I also appreciate the craftsmanship of someone who can cut an asscher, of all things, with no access to modern tools, and have everything line up corectly upon completion.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 2:27:19 PM
Author: mus
''Santa maria blue'' unheated aquamarines
Wow.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:07:14 PM
Author: Harriet

Wow.

No kidding! We don''t see that color aqua too often.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:47:06 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 6/9/2009 7:07:14 PM

Wow.

I would mistake that for a sapphire!! Beautiful color.

No kidding! We don''t see that color aqua too often.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think of this as a very nice color for an aqua. Not too dark, not too light, and not too much grey. Even though the very dark dark ones are rare, or often treated to get that color, I prefer the medium tone with a more vivid blue green saturation. JMO.

ring_aquamarine_4485OR_500_500.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This RH cut aqua shows no grey to my eye at all, and is a very saturated medium blue. It belongs to "Knitwit." I almost couldn't believe it was an aqua when I saw it.

Yummyaqua2.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband''s birthstone is aquamarine, and he''d like me to have a piece. So, there''s a "top" Santa Maria on its way to me. I''m not a fan of beryls, save emeralds, and am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 8:26:37 PM
My husband''s birthstone is aquamarine, and he''d like me to have a piece. So, there''s a ''top'' Santa Maria on its way to me. I''m not a fan of beryls, save emeralds, and am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

That sounds beautiful....I like the way your husband thinks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband''s birthstone is aquamarine, and he''d like me to have a piece. So, there''s a ''top'' Santa Maria on its way to me. I''m not a fan of beryls, save emeralds, and am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.
I hope we get to see some pictures.
2.gif
How can you taunt us with all these gorgeous gems Harriet!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 8:29:16 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
That sounds beautiful....I like the way your husband thinks!
As do I. Sometimes. He wants to know once and for all whether I like aquas. It''s ok if I don''t.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 8:32:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

I hope we get to see some pictures.
2.gif
How can you taunt us with all these gorgeous gems Harriet!!
What? Me taunt?
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 6:53:50 PM
Ellen,
Sorry!! No slight intended. I guess I never would imagine you could be interested in my aqua, considering all the gorgeous stones you have. Plus, you know how to photograph them. The aqua I posted is a special stone to me, and interesting. It is not precision cut. I had it recut in Asia, the old fashioned way, and I made a deliberate choice to do that. It has an antique feeling as a result. I love precision cuts, and I own them. I also appreciate the craftsmanship of someone who can cut an asscher, of all things, with no access to modern tools, and have everything line up corectly upon completion.
Pink, I find your thinking rather curious, considering LTP owns more beautiful stones than I could ever dream of owning, and also knows how to take a picture.... Just because someone may have some nice things, it doesn''t mean they can''t/don''t appreciate looking at other peoples nice things. That''s one of the main attractions here. Trust me, if I didn''t really want to see another picture of your stone, I wouldn''t have asked.
2.gif

The reason I did ask is because of the gorgeous color, and now that you have posted another pic and I know the story behind it, I find it even more beautiful and unique. Thanks for sharing it''s history, it''s a very special stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/9/2009 8:24:43 PM
This RH cut aqua shows no grey to my eye at all, and is a very saturated medium blue. It belongs to ''Knitwit.'' I almost couldn''t believe it was an aqua when I saw it.
I would have never guessed that to be an aquamarine. The colour is very pure and the saturation intense.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen,
Thanks for the compliment.
I think your best photography was of your aqua.
I remember the thread without looking it up because I liked the pictures you took from the side so much. They showed the cathedral so well that I saved one shot in my favorites.
Pink

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome Pink, and thank you in return.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:54:55 PM
I think of this as a very nice color for an aqua. Not too dark, not too light, and not too much grey. Even though the very dark dark ones are rare, or often treated to get that color, I prefer the medium tone with a more vivid blue green saturation. JMO.
TL where is this ring from? The setting is TDF. Seriously. That''s like my dream setting for a cushion and I didn''t even know it until you posted it. WOW. Is it yours? Who does it belong to? And who made it? Is it an antique.

Sorry, just fell head over heels.
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 7:10:45 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 6/9/2009 7:54:55 PM
TL where is this ring from? The setting is TDF. Seriously. That's like my dream setting for a cushion and I didn't even know it until you posted it. WOW. Is it yours? Who does it belong to? And who made it? Is it an antique.

Sorry, just fell head over heels.
30.gif
It is by designer Raymond Yard. They're very famous for their art deco jewelry that they designed during that period. Most of their contemporary pieces are inspired by the art deco period as well, such as the aqua piece. Look up the Rockerfeller sapphire. That amazing ring, is by them. It's probably my favorite ring of all time. The simplicity of style, the gorgeous gem, everything
3.gif
. Google them, they have a website. I think that aqua ring is 17K.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another pic of my aqua in the setting sunlight. This really needs a new setting.

TLScissorsAqua.JPG

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
TL,
Why don''t you like the setting? I sort of like it. You could dip it in rhodium for $35. and see what you think. I have done that and it changes the whole look. Pink

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL,
Do you still have the picture of that aqua you posted a while ago?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 9:39:28 PM
TL,
Why don''t you like the setting? I sort of like it. You could dip it in rhodium for $35. and see what you think. I have done that and it changes the whole look. Pink
Wouldn''t help, the style is absolutely hideous, but I got it set around 20 years ago, bad bad taste I have. I will blame it on youth. LOL!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2009 10:03:12 PM
TL,
Do you still have the picture of that aqua you posted a while ago?
Harriet,
The retro one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results