shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your aquamarines!

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by Ryon, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. stepcutnut
    Ideal_Rock

by stepcutnut » Jun 16, 2009
    LD-lovely stones :)

2. stepcutnut
    Ideal_Rock

by stepcutnut » Jun 16, 2009
    What a great thread! I am loving all these gorgeous aquas :)

Here''s my little guy...

Aqua modified oval.jpg

3. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Jun 16, 2009
    SCN,
    I was meaning to ask you what you thought about your aqua from that vendor. I assume you''re happy with it. The photo is very nice.

4. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Jun 16, 2009
    That's right! I remember that lovely aquamarine, SCN. I don't recall seeing your photograph of it. I'd love to see more if you don't mind.

5. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Jun 16, 2009
    Well, it''s hard to compare anything to what HM owns, but your aquas, as all your gems, are simply beautiful. I also love that picture in Richard Wise''s book. It''s such a pure blue aqua. The Royal aquas, are much deeper in color though. HM and Elizabeth Taylor have collections beyond compare.

6. Harriet
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Harriet » Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks. I went to the AMNH over the weekend to look at their aquas. My heart didn''t flutter.

7. stepcutnut
    Ideal_Rock

by stepcutnut » Jun 17, 2009
    Yes-very happy with the stone, only wish it were larger :) Still need to get it set, but have been having such a tough time with finger swelling this summer that I have been waiting to see if I need the setting re-sized too!

8. stepcutnut
    Ideal_Rock

by stepcutnut » Jun 17, 2009
    Thanks Chrono-there are a few yucky photos of it around here somewhere, really need to try for some new ones!

9. LD
    Ideal_Rock

by LD » Jun 17, 2009
    SCN I adore your aqua - what fun you''ll have designing something with it. Have you ever posted photos of it before?

TL - you''re such a sweetie. Do you think Her Maj will let me pop down to the Tower of London and borrow a few items? lol! I agree about HM and Elizabeth Taylor''s collections. They''ve got some heart stopping items.

I actually went to the Tower of London about 7 years ago and they have a travellator thing that you stand on and it takes you past all the crown jewels (rumoured to be replicas with the originals in a bank vault somewhere but who knows!). Anyway, guess who got dizzy from not getting off the travellator and going round in circles? Husband finally yanked me away but ............... it was heaven *deep sigh*!

10. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Jun 17, 2009
    I went to the Tower to view the Royal Jewels before the elevators were installed. I think I had to be pried off the cases which probably prompted the British Government to install those dastardly contraptions.[​IMG]

11. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Jun 17, 2009
    ROTFLMAO hahahahahaha!! I can see you stuck to the cases like glue.

Here's a 4.5 carat minty beryl I got today, colored by chromium instead of iron like aqua. However, it reminds me of a seafoam green aqua. The red in the stone is my shirt reflected in there.

One of these days I have to get over to London - I'm dying to see the Crown jewels, among other things.

Mintberyl.JPG

12. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Jun 17, 2009
    Wow, it looks like an afghan tourmaline.

13. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Jun 17, 2009
    Yes, I know.[​IMG]

14. sleepyspinel
    Shiny_Rock

by sleepyspinel » Jun 18, 2009
    The stone looks quite nice TL... glad that the "jardin" is barelyl noticeable and the stone is likely eyeclean. I like the fresh color of it! Glad you were able to snag it [​IMG]

15. T L
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by T L » Jun 18, 2009
    Thank you SS. I quite like it myself, and the best thing about it is that even though it''s 4.5 carats, it faces up as large as my 7.3 carat tourmaline. Beryl is great because it has a low SG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.