shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! Here''s a couple more shots of the details. Here''s one of the shank:

VC_ROSE2.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Even closer photo of the rose. If I had any doubt this really was a VC, it went away when I saw this:

VC_ROSE.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Profile shot:

VC_profile.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WooHoo Selkie! I love your ring so much! It''s so beautiful!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Selkie,
The detailing on the rose and leaves is beautiful. I am very happy for you! Tell us about your wedding band, it complements the VC setting perfectly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, Selkie! I am so envious...but very happy for you, of course! I saw that ring on ebay, but it was not close enough to my size to bid on it. But I am so happy it went to a PSer!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Coati, Anita, and DS2006! My wedding band is an antique-style carved plat. band that matches my engagement ring (not shown here, but there are pictures floating around if you do a topic search on my name). They are both made by Jabel and the e-ring was set and finished by Cross Jewelers in Maine. Like Van Craeynest pieces, it''s die-struck and hand carved.

DS, I honestly thought I''d never own a VC piece until I won the lottery or had my 50th anniversary, whichever came first! It was just too good an opportunity to miss. I had to have it sized up to a 9, but the jeweler I found did a bang-up job, I can''t see the joint. He also built up and then carved out the inside of the head to accommodate the garnet (it has a big belly
16.gif
), and did a great job with that.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while ...
6.gif

Congrats on your VC ring Selkie! I like how you describe your Tsav''s "big belly" (so cute!) and thanks for posting profile pics. What an excellent resizing job your jeweler did, and I love how you can see the sculpting of the flowers on the side. So tasty
18.gif
! Got any more?
2.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey LiB, this''ll be a quick one... but shhhhh.... I''ve gone and changed stones again! I''ve gone crazy and all will be revealed!

But suffice to say I''m running the gamut on settings again and have already called Larry to chat about a couple of things. Honestly I don''t think I will go with VC because the diamond is too big and I don''t say that in a boastful sense I wish to heck I could do a VC, I just love love love them! BUt I don''t want it to look out of proportion you know? I will probably be calling on your VC expertise in a week or two for opinions!

sigh...

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
LOL ... again Angeline?? I knew something was up when you posted about those hypothetical 3-4 carat rounds. Do you think you may have set a world record for the most changes of both diamonds and settings? You probably have enough material to write a book on your upgrade experpience! Did you ever think you would change so many times when you first started out? I'll bet it hurt a lot too, if you parted with your Maytal halo
7.gif
. I thought for sure that ring would be a keeper; that baby was spark-a-licious
18.gif

So I understand about the proportion thing. Though it would be hard for a setting to totally steal the show on anything over 2 carats, in my opinion. Perhaps I can't even fathom...maybe just because I haven't been on PS in a while. I'll keep trying though, if I must!

You are a lucky lady and I can't wait to see what you've got cooking!
2.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 1:40:27 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

Sorry I fell off the face of the earth for a while ...
6.gif

Congrats on your VC ring Selkie! I like how you describe your Tsav''s ''big belly'' (so cute!) and thanks for posting profile pics. What an excellent resizing job your jeweler did, and I love how you can see the sculpting of the flowers on the side. So tasty
18.gif
! Got any more?
2.gif

Hey girl, where the heck have ya been, I missed you!
9.gif
Thanks, I''m so glad you like it! I haven''t gotten around to taking any artistic shots like yours yet, but I''ll post some when I do.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 10:53:36 AM
Author: Selkie

9.gif
Thanks, I''m so glad you like it! I haven''t gotten around to taking any artistic shots like yours yet, but I''ll post some when I do.
Ditto about LIB
35.gif

And, Selkie, any shots will do. Your ring is beautiful and we need to see more!
drool.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 2:44:04 AM
Author: Love in Bloom

LOL ... again Angeline?? I knew something was up when you posted about those hypothetical 3-4 carat rounds. Do you think you may have set a world record for the most changes of both diamonds and settings? You probably have enough material to write a book on your upgrade experpience! Did you ever think you would change so many times when you first started out? I''ll bet it hurt a lot too, if you parted with your Maytal halo
7.gif
. I thought for sure that ring would be a keeper; that baby was spark-a-licious
18.gif

So I understand about the proportion thing. Though it would be hard for a setting to totally steal the show on anything over 2 carats, in my opinion. Perhaps I can''t even fathom...maybe just because I haven''t been on PS in a while. I''ll keep trying though, if I must!

You are a lucky lady and I can''t wait to see what you''ve got cooking!
2.gif

Hey LiB,

I will definitely be keeping the Maytal, putting a sapphire or some other colored stone in it. I wasn''t worried about the setting stealing the show in a VC, I just think those settings look better not being too top heavy IYKWIM.

Although with my record
6.gif
I''m not sure if I want to lash out too much cash on another setting. Maybe I''ll just keep it super simple this time. But I do love the style that Mets just posted in the yg and my new stone is a J so the yg would look pretty smashing! hmmmm....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 3:35:50 PM
Even closer photo of the rose. If I had any doubt this really was a VC, it went away when I saw this:
Awesome, love your ring Selkie!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 12:07:47 PM
Author: angeline

Hey LiB,

I will definitely be keeping the Maytal, putting a sapphire or some other colored stone in it. I wasn''t worried about the setting stealing the show in a VC, I just think those settings look better not being too top heavy IYKWIM.

Although with my record
6.gif
I''m not sure if I want to lash out too much cash on another setting. Maybe I''ll just keep it super simple this time. But I do love the style that Mets just posted in the yg and my new stone is a J so the yg would look pretty smashing! hmmmm....
Well, thank goodness about your Maytal! Color is good...and I''ll bet it would look superb with a sapphire...perhaps a color-change one
10.gif
. Oh yea, MetsStuff''s stuff is gorgeous! I hope she comes back. I never was a big fan of YG, I love the other VC pieces I''ve seen in YG and my ruby ring/new band are changing that!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2008 11:35:04 AM
Author: AnitaT

Date: 7/13/2008 10:53:36 AM

9.gif
Ditto about LIB
35.gif

And, Selkie, any shots will do. Your ring is beautiful and we need to see more!
drool.gif
Hiya AnitaT!

Yes Selkie, any shots will do...just as long as there are more of them. Love that deep green!!!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Hello fellow VC fans,
Just wanted to let you know that my bf received a box from Larry today!! Now, I wait.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Selkie, I hope you don''t mind if I post a picture that you''ve already posted.....
9.gif
I fell in love with this set the minute I saw it here on PS, thanks to YOU!

I''ve decided to have my late Mom''s engagement diamond, RB around .40 ct., set in the #851 mounting. Larry has already called me to discuss it! Question is, should I set it in a half bezel or a full bezel? I''m really rough on my rings and this one will become an heirloom piece and I don''t want anything to happen to it.

Lori

VCMOM.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 12:02:50 AM
Hello fellow VC fans,

Just wanted to let you know that my bf received a box from Larry today!! Now, I wait.

Ooooh, we''re ALL waiting! Hope he does it soon!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 3:42:41 PM
Author: loriken214
Selkie, I hope you don''t mind if I post a picture that you''ve already posted.....
9.gif

I''ve decided to have my late Mom''s engagement diamond, RB around .40 ct., set in the #851 mounting. Larry has already called me to discuss it! Question is, should I set it in a half bezel or a full bezel? I''m really rough on my rings and this one will become an heirloom piece and I don''t want anything to happen to it.

Lori
Oh, cool! It''s a beautiful set, perfect for an heirloom stone. Will you have it made in gold or platinum? I didn''t realize you could get it with a bezel head, too. Have you seen any pics of it? Personally, I''d do a half bezel with milgraining on the bezel to keep the antique look. The 4 prong style DOES make me nervous, because it sits up fairly high, but I think a half-bezel would be just as secure as a full. Can''t wait to see it!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 1:04:26 PM

9.gif

Lori
Oh, cool! It''s a beautiful set, perfect for an heirloom stone. Will you have it made in gold or platinum? I didn''t realize you could get it with a bezel head, too. Have you seen any pics of it? Personally, I''d do a half bezel with milgraining on the bezel to keep the antique look. The 4 prong style DOES make me nervous, because it sits up fairly high, but I think a half-bezel would be just as secure as a full. Can''t wait to see it!
Thank you Selkie!!! I was hoping you wouldn''t mind!
21.gif
I''m going with white gold and a platinum bezel. You''ve convinced me that the half bezel would be fine and I love the idea of the milgraining on it. Sarah says they''ve never done a bezel on this mounting before, but thinks it would look "sweet" and Larry has already called. I need to call him back.

YOUR ring is the most amazing thing.....I''m in love with it and I thank you for allowing me to have a similar version!!!

Lori

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, Selkie! I bid on it too
2.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/9/2008 1:01:01 PM

Ooooh, we''re ALL waiting! Hope he does it soon!
Selkie,
I am so curious to see it, but don''t want to rush him. He told me that Larry did a nice job which has only fueled my curiousity! However, I don''t want to pull an Elliot (if you watch Scrubs) and script the next part. But, I am trying desparately to surpress my inner Gollum and keep myself from screaming "gimme my precious" ...so far, so good.

Loriken,
Your ring is going to be beautiful. I love Selkie''s set. The detailing is so delicate.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 12:02:50 AM
Hello fellow VC fans,
I'm so excited to see AnitaT! Hope your proposal is everything you dreamed of and then some when the time comes...and that you have your camera ready
3.gif
2.gif
!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

Lori
What an awesome idea for your family stone. I adore Selkie''s suggestion for a half-bezel with milgrain...I think that would be gorgeous! Please keep us updated
31.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My stacking band (shown with my "alligator head" ruby ring, also by Van Craeynest):

LIB_YGrings%20082.jpg

Style 920 in 18K yellow gold with a bright finish. This style is known as the "Etruscan columns" band. It is approximately 2.5mm wide (at the widest point...the end of each column) and sits 2mm off the finger. Mine is a size 7 1/4 and has the column pattern repeated 8 times all the way around!

Link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heirloom-stacking-problem-solved.86223/

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi there fellow VC lovers! I found these pics on The Tiny Jewel Box website and I haven''t seen them posted on PS anywhere before so I thought I would add them as they give a different view of some of the settings. Here''s the link: Tiny Jewel Box

Enjoy!

TJB-Inventory-06132007_00018-crop_lg.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock

TJB-Inventory-06132007_00019-crop_lg.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results