shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Eauphelia|1467959541|4052915 said:
I am so in love with that bracelet! As someone with small wrists, I understand your sizing struggle. It looks amazing though!
Thank you very much, Eauphelia :wavey: It is hard to find bracelets to fit a small wrist. This one is really comfy now.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Skhii|1467967959|4052944 said:
iluvcarats|1467415903|4050613 said:
iluvcarats, your bracelet is beautiful... is it 14k or 18k yellow gold?

Thank you for the kind words, Skhii. It is 18k yellow gold.

LouisianaLady

Rough_Rock
Hi! This is my first post on PS so don't know how to make a new thread. :shock: Thought you ladies on here could help me out! I am completely in LOVE with VC and I visited the redlands location when I went to CA last year. I picked the 817 with diamonds in antique gold as my engagement band. I loved it because of the thin delicateness of the band. I now want a wedding ring to "match" or not match but have some of orange blossoms incorporated in the design. I want another thin band with a stone center. I do not want a diamond, I know, I know. Any suggestions on a stone with an antique gold band? Thinking maybe rutilated quartz ?
Also do you have a ring/band suggestion for me that would go with 817 ? THANKS so much y'all!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS, louisianalady! :wavey: How nice that you were able to visit the Redlands store and choose the 917 for your engagement ring! If you look one page back (p.40) of this thread, you will see that apacherose has the 817 with what I think is the 812 band. I think that is a great combination but there are certainly others that would work with the 817 (such as the 869). I have some band pictures on page 40, as well. Please post some pictures of your ring!!!

I really think a VanC band is going to look better than anything else. As to the other band, I am not exactly sure what you are envisioning, but I will tell you that the only stones that will hold up relatively well for a daily wear ring are diamonds, sapphires (which comes in many colors besides blue), and rubies. Even sapphires and rubies can show facet abrasion over time, but they will hold up better than softer gems. Quartz is not hard at all and not appropriate for fine jewelry that would be worn other than for special occasions. Do you intend to wear this band with your e-ring and wedding band or is it for another finger?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to add a note here that I saw that Van Craeynest IS offering some pierced designs now in addition to the chase/carved pieces. I follow them on Instagram and they are definitely still producing new pieces!

Sarahblue

Rough_Rock
I found a tiny little Van Craeynest stack on ebay last week and it came this morning. It was very well loved and worn and totally filthy. The person selling it had no idea what it was and I paid very little for it. I'm not sure if some of the detail could be restored or if I will just enjoy it as is. I definitely need to get the bands seperated as they are soldered together and a size too small. I do know I am totally in love and will be saving for a set in good condition. It's on it's fifth round through the ultrasonic cleaner right now. It has a wedding date engraved inside 6-25-88, which may be the last time it was cleaned. 20160924_144106-2.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Sarah, how beautiful! :love: Lucky you!!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great find, Sarah!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings Sarah, such a great find! :appl:

glitterglitter

Rough_Rock
Premium
@Polished: would you mind sharing what you paid for your VC setting? I am thinking I might like something similar, but would like to make sure it'll be in our budget.

Gather round Van Craeynest fans. Here are the pictures of my new 1.72 carat sapphire ring. It was a ring based on Anita T’s engagement ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-customized-van-craeynest-460.102248/

However, mine was done in yellow gold and with a sapphire. Although she hasn’t been around for a while, thanks Anita.
This is my second Van Craeynest ring and I’d again like to thank Paul Emerson whose expertise was invaluable to realising the vision.
I’ve named the ring “Tutankhamun” after the Ancient Egyptians inspiration of combining gold with rich blue.

vc-dsc00060-new.jpg

vc-dsc00063-new.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
glitterglitter - I paid $3,580 for the ring. This quote might be misleading as it is in Australian dollars and the US to AUD is variable. I had mine reset with an Australian green sapphire. My jeweler here was impressed by what a well made ring it was. It really gave me a fresh appreciation of the ring, the delicate detail on it is amazing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my most favorite threads. :love::love::love::love:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hello all,
This ring is possibly on the horizon for me and I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me identify the style number? I can't find the .pdf catalog of VC styles online anymore. Anyone have a copy - or a psychic ability/photographic memory?
Thanks in advance!
605205629123730no.JPG 768683929123730no.JPG
523383529123731no.JPG 711940929123731no.JPG

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image.png
    image.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 39

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bumping for any more info on the new company, I still love it but is it worth the price at this point?

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,
This ring is possibly on the horizon for me and I thought I'd ask if anyone can help me identify the style number? I can't find the .pdf catalog of VC styles online anymore. Anyone have a copy - or a psychic ability/photographic memory?
Thanks in advance!
605205629123730no.JPG 768683929123730no.JPG
523383529123731no.JPG 711940929123731no.JPG

No info, but wanted to say, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Did you end up getting it?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
No info, but wanted to say, BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Did you end up getting it?

I bought it, had it authenticated, and then sold it, all in about a 3-week span of time. It was pretty! Thanks for commenting!

Bansheefaerie

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen any Van Craeynest rings with flowers and hearts?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Why are there not reviews online for this company? I found only three for the original owner Larry. Any recent additions or experiences? Thank you

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are there not reviews online for this company? I found only three for the original owner Larry. Any recent additions or experiences? Thank you

Other than PS, I doubt I've ever left a jewelry review, so I don't think that means anything to not find any. I follow them on IG and the work looks good as far as I can see. It's expensive and I think that was a factor in fewer people from here buying, especially since there are other sources for antique style ring settings. Van Craeynest is sold at a jeweler called Emerson Fine Jewelry in Redlands, CA. They have good reviews on YELP but they sell a lot of jewelry besides VC. Glancing at a few reviews, I can see there are a couple regarding VC.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than PS, I doubt I've ever left a jewelry review, so I don't think that means anything to not find any. I follow them on IG and the work looks good as far as I can see. It's expensive and I think that was a factor in fewer people from here buying, especially since there are other sources for antique style ring settings. Van Craeynest is sold at a jeweler called Emerson Fine Jewelry in Redlands, CA. They have good reviews on YELP but they sell a lot of jewelry besides VC. Glancing at a few reviews, I can see there are a couple regarding VC.

I live within driving distance of them, and visited somewhat recently. I like them a lot and they gave me a tour of the VC "factory" or whatever you call it.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you diamondseeker, did you ever end up owning the 484 in platinum?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live within driving distance of them, and visited somewhat recently. I like them a lot and they gave me a tour of the VC "factory" or whatever you call it.

Oh, how fun!!!! I'd love to visit there!

Thank you diamondseeker, did you ever end up owning the 484 in platinum?

It's still one of my very favorite rings, but no, I didn't ever get it. One of the major reasons is I think the design was never intended for larger stones, and I think the largest I ever saw in that setting was about 1.75 cts (AVR, I think). It looked perfect to me, but I ended up with a 2.3 ct AVR (there were just SO few at the time) and I felt like my stone would sit way too high in that setting. Because that didn't work, it took me forever to settle on a setting. If I could go back in time, I would love to have had a 1.7 ct in the large 484 with the small matching wedding band.

Are you thinking of a VC setting or piece of jewelry?

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
I love the 484 and the 457 and yes I love these with a petite diamond and would love to own a set to alternate with but I couldn’t find much information so I appreciate your response very much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results