shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I go bigger……??

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Nice finds, DejaWiz! I kind of even prefer your original 1.01 pick with the 1.05.

I agree, the JA studs look more sparkly and lively, but they are also facing the camera a little more directly than the ACAs and so might have a slight advantage there.

@Kim N the larger table in the F colored diamond is not an issue?

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
As some of you know I recently ventured Into the world of lab diamonds and I ordered a pair of gorgeous lab grown studs from James Allen which are just amazing. Now should I go bigger while I’m still in the return period? Darn DSS. Is the size difference between my WF acas .74 and these new JA studs .94 and .93 a big enough difference? Suggestions highly welcome 3D79FE01-F8CF-4B54-9910-1DEA9FC3B3CE.png

Once DSS sets in...it doesn't go away! I think go bigger yes! Also, I sort of agree the JA look to be outperforming the ACAs. I just bought a pair of ACAs so that sucks for me lol BUT makes me want to upgrade my e-ring to a LGD again ugh. Anyway yes I think if you have your heart set on bigger, it wont change.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
What do you guys think about G colored lab stones. Do you think they are too low in the color grade and thus can appear brown?

I think it just depends on how color sensitive you are. My IGI H emerald cut faces in completely white to me. I first had a GIA I and there was too much tint. G/H is my personal sweet spot

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Once DSS sets in...it doesn't go away! I think go bigger yes! Also, I sort of agree the JA look to be outperforming the ACAs. I just bought a pair of ACAs so that sucks for me lol BUT makes me want to upgrade my e-ring to a LGD again ugh. Anyway yes I think if you have your heart set on bigger, it wont change.

I think I want to go bigger yes but at the same time these studs are so exceptional I’m afraid I’ll end up with something bigger but not better.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I think it just depends on how color sensitive you are. My IGI H emerald cut faces in completely white to me. I first had a GIA I and there was too much tint. G/H is my personal sweet spot

I’m not horribly color sensitive. My ering is an H and I love it. I really love diamonds of all colors as long as they are well cut and sparkly.

EClove

Shiny_Rock
I’m not horribly color sensitive. My ering is an H and I love it. I really love diamonds of all colors as long as they are well cut and sparkly.

Then I think you’d be fine! Have you also considered the Lightbox diamonds? You could get 2 loose 1.5 carat stones for $2400 and then set them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My lightbox are stunning. If I were you and had the money I would go up.

I think I want to go bigger yes but at the same time these studs are so exceptional I’m afraid I’ll end up with something bigger but not better.

Ooo do you have time to buy the larger pair loose, see them in person, and return either pair before your return period is up? Then you can set the larger pair later if you decide to keep them. Not sure what the price difference would be going that route... But may be worth a try!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
If you are already questioning if you want bigger.... you want bigger.

Now, you found an exceptional pair with help from @DejaWiz and @Kim N before, and I have no doubts that you would be able to find another great pair that are equally good performers.

G color for the size you are looking at should still face up very white IMO, and if you are happy with your H , maybe you even consider going that low for studs to get and even BIGGER size! :evil2: :lol:

EClove

Shiny_Rock

Now, you found an exceptional pair with help from @DejaWiz and @Kim N before, and I have no doubts that you would be able to find another great pair that are equally good performers.

This is a good point - I’d you’re already questioning it… if you’re not horribly color sensitive I’d drop down in color or try a pair of Lightbox diamonds

G color for the size you are looking at should still face up very white IMO, and if you are happy with your H , maybe you even consider going that low for studs to get and even BIGGER size! :evil2: :lol:

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

I guess you’re right. I noticed that for some reason there isn’t that much of a difference in price between color grades in lab diamonds as there are in mined diamond. I think the biggest size I’d be comfortable with is 1.2 ct each.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Ooo do you have time to buy the larger pair loose, see them in person, and return either pair before your return period is up? Then you can set the larger pair later if you decide to keep them. Not sure what the price difference would be going that route... But may be worth a try!

That’s a thought worth pondering. I’ve also reached out to Jonathan from distinctive gems to see what he has that would possibly not stretch the budget too much. Waiting for response

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

Yes I hope so too they are experts. Someone already snatched one of the diamonds @DejaWiz recommended :x2:x2:x2:x2

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
How does this one look? 153919BB-B5E9-4A5B-9B7D-066590176490.png

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
IMO larger tables in earrings aren't an issue and can sometimes make the diamond appear larger.

It looks great!

Can someone find me a friend of an e or d variety for this one? Of a similar price point?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone find me a friend of an e or d variety for this one? Of a similar price point?

I'm not in love with the pairings on JA. But I did find these two pairs on Adiamor.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I'm not in love with the pairings on JA. But I did find these two pairs on Adiamor.

These look great!! But the screw on setting looks dreadful. Their prices look great too. One of those is a type II diamond. What is that? I wonder if James Allen would price match? Also I just deep cleaned all my earrings and the lab studs still outperform the now super clean Acas. I’m having a hard time even thinking about returning them for that reason. My husband swears the new ones are plenty big enough and larger enough. I’m so freaking torn. I think I have to step away from agonizing over this situation and give it some serious thought. Thank you to all for your invaluable help and time

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look great!! But the screw on setting looks dreadful. Their prices look great too. One of those is a type II diamond. What is that? I wonder if James Allen would price match? Also I just deep cleaned all my earrings and the lab studs still outperform the now super clean Acas. I’m having a hard time even thinking about returning them for that reason. My husband swears the new ones are plenty big enough and larger enough. I’m so freaking torn. I think I have to step away from agonizing over this situation and give it some serious thought. Thank you to all for your invaluable help and time

Type II is a classification which can be IIa or IIb. Type IIb diamonds have boron present, which causes the appearance of blue nuance. Some IGI reports will specify IIa or IIb but most won't unfortunately.

Good idea to make use of your full return period to really think about what you want. If you decide to go bigger, I'm happy to help you look when you're ready. Can I just say, though, that I find it pretty cool that the lab studs are outperforming the ACAs!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Can you order the bigger ones and compare them to the smaller ones? In other words do you have to send the smaller ones back first?

niteowlsam

Rough_Rock

New to lab diamonds here… Can anyone explain why the Adiamor prices are so much better than JA?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New to lab diamonds here… Can anyone explain why the Adiamor prices are so much better than JA?

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's true for all carat weights. I sometimes find Adiamor prices about the same as JA depending on the search parameters.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Can you order the bigger ones and compare them to the smaller ones? In other words do you have to send the smaller ones back first?

I have another 3 weeks to decide. These diamonds are quite incredible so I think I might have a hard time sending them back.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock

I was wondering the same thing. Their martini setting looks awful though. Has anyone ordered from them ? How are the diamonds I wonder.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have another 3 weeks to decide. These diamonds are quite incredible so I think I might have a hard time sending them back.

But what I am saying is, can you order a larger size without sending back the lab ones you already have, so that you can compare the performance?

niteowlsam

Rough_Rock
I was wondering the same thing. Their martini setting looks awful though. Has anyone ordered from them ? How are the diamonds I wonder.

You could have the stones set elsewhere or locally? I have four prong martinis that I love.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
You could have the stones set elsewhere or locally? I have four prong martinis that I love.

That’s true however most jewelers will charge you a setting fee to set stones that are not their own therefore it end up to be not that much of a savings in the long run.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts on the six prong. Mrs Flowers?

lapetitebaker

Rough_Rock

It may be worth chatting to see if they may swap out the post. I can't imagine they only offer screws when they then to be fairly controversial.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results