shape
carat
color
clarity

Shh...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:25:46 PM
Author: oldmancoyote

Date: 1/8/2009 3:19:05 PM
Author: Pandora II

That''s the one - some of the staff in there are as nuts as I am about bling - they let me try on a hideous necklace last time I was there - it was a snip at £2 million GBP.
9.gif

You used to live in the UK right? And are you in Italy now?
Correct. And I''d never have thought I''d miss Blighty, but I do. It''s amazing what Italian bureaucracy can do...
Trust me, I know ALL about that - I lived there for 8 years, most of them spent banging my head against the wall!

Do you ever get to any of the jewellery fairs there? I used to go to Vicenza twice a year - and spend as little time as possible anywhere near my company''s stand. I would haunt the gem pavillions and stands like Roberto Coin''s...

Sadly I was based in Arezzo where the crap is produced...

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:35:05 AM
Author: Harriet
Yep, but it''d have to be an intense. Otherwise, a certain bodily fluid comes to mind.
Hmm.. I beg to differ. I chose a fancy light yellow diamond because I like the buttery light yellow look to it. Some of the vivid and intense ones do bring to mind the bodily fluid especially when one is dehydrated. Remember Yeo''s chrysanthemum tea with the yellow colouring?

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:04:46 AM
3.95 ct of FIY rounds... (''centre'' stone is 0.45)
For those who love the FIYs, I''m afraid the rounds do not bring out the best of the colour since the rounds are cut to reflect rather than retain light and hence colour. I may be wrong but these round FIYs do not look like FIYs and I think it is due to its shape.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:53:34 PM
Author: simplysplendid

Yep, but it''d have to be an intense. Otherwise, a certain bodily fluid comes to mind.
Hmm.. I beg to differ. I chose a fancy light yellow diamond because I like the buttery light yellow look to it. Some of the vivid and intense ones do bring to mind the bodily fluid especially when one is dehydrated. Remember Yeo''s chrysanthemum tea with the yellow colouring?
I stand corrected. Let''s not get into a discussion about the hue, tone and saturation of that fluid, shall we?
23.gif
Btw, I could use some chrysanthemum tea right now.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:03:48 PM

I stand corrected. Let''s not get into a discussion about the hue, tone and saturation of that fluid, shall we?
23.gif
Yeah! Green tea is the in thing now..

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 12:56:36 PM

Date: 1/7/2009 5:04:46 AM
3.95 ct of FIY rounds... ('centre' stone is 0.45)
For those who love the FIYs, I'm afraid the rounds do not bring out the best of the colour since the rounds are cut to reflect rather than retain light and hence colour. I may be wrong but these round FIYs do not look like FIYs and I think it is due to its shape.
True, but since fancies are graded face up for colour... the effect of cut should be rather diminished on face up appearance (yield and colour grade obtainable from the same rough are a different question).

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
This photo shows less sparkle, but more colour... is that what you meant, simplysplendid? That because the round reflects back so much with a short light path there is some sort of trade off between whether you see the sparkle or the colour?

Yellow Cluster 1.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock

23.gif

Are you feeling better?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I must also fess up, my love for stones started about age 5 with a rock collection stolen from neighbors landscapes. I loved Agate bookends.
20.gif
Then I recieved my first "rock polishing" kit, and in 8th grade my masterpiece rock report was mounted on posterboard and received an A+. I have "dug for diamonds" in Arkansas (with no luck unfortunately) and keep a piece of fluorite in a dresser drawer that I''ve had since childhood. Growing up we would vacation in northern Michigam, and still my favorite pastime is hunting for Petoskey stones on the beach.....I love them.

Guess I''m a "stoner"...
9.gif
... but aahhh, I love my diamonds too....

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2009 9:22:49 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
I must also fess up, my love for stones started about age 5 with a rock collection stolen from neighbors landscapes. I loved Agate bookends.
20.gif
Then I recieved my first ''rock polishing'' kit, and in 8th grade my masterpiece rock report was mounted on posterboard and received an A+. I have ''dug for diamonds'' in Arkansas (with no luck unfortunately) and keep a piece of fluorite in a dresser drawer that I''ve had since childhood. Growing up we would vacation in northern Michigam, and still my favorite pastime is hunting for Petoskey stones on the beach.....I love them.

Guess I''m a ''stoner''...
9.gif
Wow, I thought someone with the name "lovewhitediamonds" would be throwing cyberknives at this thread!! I collected rocks as a small child as well. My parents bought me one of those rock tumblers and polishers with some agate. It looked so cool after it was tumbled and polished. There was one piece I simply adored, and I wish I still had it as a momento of those early years.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 6:19:21 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Are you feeling better?
Hi, thanks for asking. Yes, I finally left the house. But, lunch was enough to wipe me out, so I may not be 100% yet.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 9:22:49 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds
20.gif
Then I recieved my first ''rock polishing'' kit, and in 8th grade my masterpiece rock report was mounted on posterboard and received an A+. I have ''dug for diamonds'' in Arkansas (with no luck unfortunately) and keep a piece of fluorite in a dresser drawer that I''ve had since childhood. Growing up we would vacation in northern Michigam, and still my favorite pastime is hunting for Petoskey stones on the beach.....I love them.

Guess I''m a ''stoner''...
9.gif
Would you believe that I only recently saw a Petoskey stone? I''m looking for one for myself. Do you know where to look?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:07:51 PM
Author: Miscka
If I were you, Harriet...I would just keep it. It is a GORGEOUS design, and a Leon. Your hubby picked it out for your first married Vday. There will be lots of time to set stones! But I am rather sentimental that way, so do what feels right!

Didn''t you mention a trip to Leon?? Fess up, lady!

As for this thread, I am in the ''on the fence'' camp. I love both for different reasons!
You''re absolutely right, Miscka. I''m letting him choose.

I didn''t make it to Leon''s. I must be really sick.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:48:04 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 1/8/2009 4:15:43 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 2:38:14 PM
It could be worse - it could be colourless diamonds.
11.gif

No, I don''t think you can complain.
Even if the pinks are irradiated?
Not to worry. No one can tell, your bank account is happier, and with any luck in a few years you yourself will forget that they are irradiated.
9.gif
I just found out that they are not irradiated. Phew. I''m still not sure what to think about diamond treatment.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:01:08 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 1/8/2009 12:39:40 PM
Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine''s. I''d rather set a coloured stone, but there''s nothing I can say, can I?
Now, aren''t we getting picky.
2.gif

I love that band - send it down here !
Was it to be a surprise and you just kinda found out, ha ha?
Er, I might have dragged it out of him.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:29:52 PM
DeoxyriboNucleic Acid - as in double helix-shaped thingie.

Harriet - they could be heated pink sapphires for that matter. It''s by Leon, it''s platinum, they are natural pinks (I''m sure), and he''s done all this for you without prompting. You see, he''s learning - you are training him well... I can always provide finishing school lessons, if wished (ha ha)
He''s being so sweet. I don''t think he needs lessons.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 8:10:35 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Hey now, I can''t complain about my aqua! Enjoy it. This a good reason why you buy jewelry for yourself, you don''t have to depend on anyone else to get you exactly what you want. If you get something extra, great!

PS At least your husband tries....my BF is too scared to buy me any colored gem, he says I know too much. So I got riding boots, very nice and beautiful ones, but still I will wear them once in a blue moon and I will have to torture myself to break them in.
Hint: Leave your wishlist with your favourite dealer.
2.gif
Do you actually ride or are the boots just for walking around?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 9:24:29 PM
Author: AGBF

So DNA meant DNA. I thought it meant ''Diamond something or other with an N Anniversary'' or some other acronym! Thank you, oldmancoyote and FlyGirl!

Nice picture of the double helix there, FlyGirl. I think I might like a Holly and the Ivy DNA band with rubies and emeralds for Christmas time wear! All red and green entwined! That picture...uh...inspired me.

Deborah
34.gif
Now, that would be the ultimate luxury -- occasion jewellery!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:07:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine''s. I''d rather set a coloured stone, but there''s nothing I can say, can I?
6.gif
3.gif
Wow, it will be gorgeous!!! Will it be in pink gold or platinum???

I am glad I have the same ring size as you, Harriet. Maybe I can rent your rings.
1.gif
Pink gold. You''ve been so wonderful to me that I''d gladly lend them to you.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 11:58:55 PM
Author: Fly Girl
You and Harriet could make some matching DNA bead earrings.
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif
6.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 1:37:07 PM

23.gif
I''ve forgotten. Is chrysanthemum too ''cooling'' for a cold?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2009 10:17:30 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 11:07:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

6.gif
3.gif
Wow, it will be gorgeous!!! Will it be in pink gold or platinum???

I am glad I have the same ring size as you, Harriet. Maybe I can rent your rings.
1.gif
Pink gold. You''ve been so wonderful to me that I''d gladly lend them to you.
Aww, you''re too sweet, Harriet! Just getting to spend a day with you in NY and seeing your rings will be a real treat for me! Pink gold will be gorgeous!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 10:21:04 PM

Date: 1/9/2009 1:37:07 PM

23.gif
I''ve forgotten. Is chrysanthemum too ''cooling'' for a cold?
Oh dear, hope you feel better. Forget the chrysanthemum, you need an anti-histamine. Get better soon...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS,
When are you coming?

SS,
Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 11:14:48 AM
DS,
When are you coming?

SS,
Thanks.
June 15-20. I''ll be with my extended family, so I am going to schedule a "free day" for shopping so that I can get away from them and go with you, if you are available, that is! They''d never have interest in doing a full day of jewelry and I wouldn''t care to spend a day looking at clothes and department stores, either. So we''ll do better splitting up for that one day.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Finally! This is a pleasant surprise. I will make time for you.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2009 11:26:09 AM
Finally! This is a pleasant surprise. I will make time for you.
36.gif
Great! You may feel like you are shopping with your Mom
2.gif
, but I am certainly looking forward to it! When it gets closer to the time, we''ll set the date.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like shopping with my mum. See you in June!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 10:07:02 PM

I didn''t make it to Leon''s. I must be really sick.

Hahaha! Glad you are going to keep it. And non-irradiated pinks in pink gold?? Swoon!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is swoonworthy. BUT, he just gave me a choice because he says it''s a big enough purchase that I should have one.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results