shape
carat
color
clarity

Shh...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I do still think that the best yellow stones are yellow diamonds.

I suppose I have the luxury of being able to look at Graff''s windows on a very regular basis.

Years ago I always thought I''d have a yellow diamond e-ring. I did try one on in De Beers recently (a mere $80k) and while it was incredible it didn''t really look great on my hand...

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 7:37:48 AM
Author: Pandora II

I suppose I have the luxury of being able to look at Graff''s windows on a very regular basis.

Years ago I always thought I''d have a yellow diamond e-ring. I did try one on in De Beers recently (a mere $80k) and while it was incredible it didn''t really look great on my hand...
Just around the corner from Graff?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree. As someone who doensn''t like yellow stones, or the color yellow, I never understood the fascination for yellow stones like sapphire, zircon, chysoberyl, etc. . . However if I had to pick a yellow stone, it would only be a diamond.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, but it''d have to be an intense. Otherwise, a certain bodily fluid comes to mind.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine''s. I''d rather set a coloured stone, but there''s nothing I can say, can I?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It could be worse - it could be colourless diamonds.
11.gif

No, I don''t think you can complain.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/8/2009 12:39:40 PM
Author: Harriet

Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine's. I'd rather set a coloured stone, but there's nothing I can say, can I?

I am totally envious that your husband would do something like that on his own initiative! Even though I do not know what a DNA band is.

Deborah
34.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 8:18:01 AM
Author: oldmancoyote

That''s the one - some of the staff in there are as nuts as I am about bling - they let me try on a hideous necklace last time I was there - it was a snip at £2 million GBP.
9.gif

You used to live in the UK right? And are you in Italy now?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 2:38:14 PM
11.gif

Even if the pinks are irradiated?

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
If I were you, Harriet...I would just keep it. It is a GORGEOUS design, and a Leon. Your hubby picked it out for your first married Vday. There will be lots of time to set stones! But I am rather sentimental that way, so do what feels right!

Didn''t you mention a trip to Leon?? Fess up, lady!

As for this thread, I am in the "on the fence" camp. I love both for different reasons!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Aw Harriet, the ring is really really pretty! And how sweet of your hubby! Very rare a man who does things like that on his own
3.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:15:43 PM

11.gif

Not to worry. No one can tell, your bank account is happier, and with any luck in a few years you yourself will forget that they are irradiated.
9.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
it is setting something colored,

pink is a color
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely, Harriet. Now tell me what, "DNA" stands for (in this context).

Deb
34.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:39:40 PM
Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine''s. I''d rather set a coloured stone, but there''s nothing I can say, can I?
Now, aren''t we getting picky.
2.gif

I love that band - send it down here !
Was it to be a surprise and you just kinda found out, ha ha?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
poor Harriet... life is tough
3.gif
2.gif
I need to get my hubby hooked up with Mr. Leon too!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 3:19:05 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 8:18:01 AM

I suppose I have the luxury of being able to look at Graff's windows on a very regular basis.

Years ago I always thought I'd have a yellow diamond e-ring. I did try one on in De Beers recently (a mere $80k) and while it was incredible it didn't really look great on my hand...
That's the one - some of the staff in there are as nuts as I am about bling - they let me try on a hideous necklace last time I was there - it was a snip at £2 million GBP.
9.gif

You used to live in the UK right? And are you in Italy now?
Correct. And I'd never have thought I'd miss Blighty, but I do. It's amazing what Italian bureaucracy can do...

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 5:58:21 PM
Author: AGBF

It''s lovely, Harriet. Now tell me what, ''DNA'' stands for (in this context).

Deb
DeoxyriboNucleic Acid - as in double helix-shaped thingie.

Harriet - they could be heated pink sapphires for that matter. It''s by Leon, it''s platinum, they are natural pinks (I''m sure), and he''s done all this for you without prompting. You see, he''s learning - you are training him well... I can always provide finishing school lessons, if wished (ha ha)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock

Would he be hurt?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Colored diamonds--I like blues and pinks.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:15:43 PM

11.gif

Hey now, I can''t complain about my aqua! Enjoy it. This a good reason why you buy jewelry for yourself, you don''t have to depend on anyone else to get you exactly what you want. If you get something extra, great!

PS At least your husband tries....my BF is too scared to buy me any colored gem, he says I know too much. So I got riding boots, very nice and beautiful ones, but still I will wear them once in a blue moon and I will have to torture myself to break them in.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:29:52 PM

Date: 1/8/2009 5:58:21 PM

It''s lovely, Harriet. Now tell me what, ''DNA'' stands for (in this context).

Deb

Harriet - they could be heated pink sapphires for that matter. It''s by Leon, it''s platinum, they are natural pinks (I''m sure), and he''s done all this for you without prompting. You see, he''s learning - you are training him well... I can always provide finishing school lessons, if wished (ha ha)
Here''s a drawing of the DNA double helix.

220px-DNA_Overview.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/8/2009 6:29:52 PM

So DNA meant DNA. I thought it meant "Diamond something or other with an N Anniversary" or some other acronym! Thank you, oldmancoyote and FlyGirl!

Nice picture of the double helix there, FlyGirl. I think I might like a Holly and the Ivy DNA band with rubies and emeralds for Christmas time wear! All red and green entwined! That picture...uh...inspired me.

Deborah
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Er, I just learnt that the hubs has ordered a pink diamond DNA band for Valentine's. I'd rather set a coloured stone, but there's nothing I can say, can I?
6.gif
3.gif
Wow, it will be gorgeous!!! Will it be in pink gold or platinum???

I am glad I have the same ring size as you, Harriet. Maybe I can rent your rings.
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 9:24:29 PM

So DNA meant DNA. I thought it meant ''Diamond something or other with an N Anniversary'' or some other acronym! Thank you, oldmancoyote and FlyGirl!

Nice picture of the double helix there, FlyGirl. I think I might like a Holly and the Ivy DNA band with rubies and emeralds for Christmas time wear! All red and green entwined! That picture...uh...inspired me.

Deborah
34.gif
You and Harriet could make some matching DNA bead earrings.
2.gif
9.gif
11.gif

dnacoillabels.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I've been missing. I've been tending to the beast I created in RT.
14.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/9/2009 12:07:58 AM

Sorry I''ve been missing. I''ve been tending to the beast I created in RT.
14.gif

It''s been viewed 13,438 times, Harriet. That''s probably a record. How old is it...in hours? BTW, you created it in Hangout ;-).

Deb
34.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
So, I have a question
35.gif
35.gif

Irradiated diamonds... does it hurt the diamond itself? Take away from the quality? Does the color eventually fade away? Or it is just something a "purest" just doesn''t care for?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not hurting the diamond. Colour change is permanent (at least within several millennia). If not done properly (unlikely with current methods of irradiation) it can hurt the customer: the first artificial green diamonds were produced by packing the diamonds away in radium salts - they turned nice bright green and glowed in the dark; and so did the wearer after a while.

It is something of a purist thing, in a sense - like heat treatment of sapphires and rubies or filling of emeralds. In another sense, often irradiated diamonds come up with unnatural-looking colours and are second-rate stones (frequently clarity-enhanced too) that get peddled at a premium because of the colouring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results