shape
carat
color
clarity

Shh...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stoner, are you, er, stoned?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
nah--you back from STONEhenge?

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I have to agree that diamonds make great accents for our colored stones, but I am firmly in the colored gem lovers sorority!!

IMO there is just nothing like a well cut, richly colored gem.
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 12:05:24 AM
Author: coatimundi
nah--you back from STONEhenge?
[Groans.]
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to know an honest show of cyberhands of how many of you stay out of the SMTR thread because it bores you to tears? Admit it now!! Once in a great while I''ll see an interesting setting I love, but other than that, it''s mostly white colorless diamonds in RBC H&A''s, and I get sooooo bored. I do get excited every now and then when someone posts a colored stone or diamond, or an OEC. Now I''m really going to have the diamond mavens after me!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, don't knock my engagement ring!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love both. I''m not more partial to one over the other, but I love that there are so many different things to learn, and how individual coloured stones are. But I really love antique diamonds, so I have fun finding my sweet spot there, too.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 11:32:04 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I would like to know an honest show of cyberhands of how many of you stay out of the SMTR thread because it bores you to tears? Admit it now!! Once in a great while I''ll see an interesting setting I love, but other than that, it''s mostly white colorless diamonds in RBC H&A''s, and I get sooooo bored. I do get excited every now and then when someone posts a colored stone or diamond, or an OEC. Now I''m really going to have the diamond mavens after me!!
Er... guilty... I probably only go there if I''m prompted by something posted elsewhere. Otherwise about once a month max...

I do get bored of looking at rb solitares. I''m interested if they''re coloured stones, custom settings, or OECs...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I understand where you are coming from. I log into PS and check Colored Stones first. Done reading those updates, then I go to Rocky Talk. Next Hangout, and finally SMTR. Some days I just don''t make it to SMTR.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I must admit that the Coloured Stones forum is the first forum I visit, followed by Hangout, then Show Me The Ring.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I would like to know an honest show of cyberhands of how many of you stay out of the SMTR thread because it bores you to tears? Admit it now!! Once in a great while I'll see an interesting setting I love, but other than that, it's mostly white colorless diamonds in RBC H&A's, and I get sooooo bored. I do get excited every now and then when someone posts a colored stone or diamond, or an OEC. Now I'm really going to have the diamond mavens after me!!

I've seen you admiring diamonds over there--and talking plenty about them on Rocky Talk, TL. Come oooooonn.
11.gif

Boy, you're quite paranoid of these diamond mavens!....that's been known to happen to a stoner.

I love smtr. I like celebrating people's engagements--nothing boring about a gal's happiness--it's infectious.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 12:53:52 PM
I''ve seen you admiring diamonds over there--and talking plenty about them on Rocky Talk, TL. Come oooooonn.
11.gif

Boy, you''re quite paranoid of these diamond mavens!....that''s been known to happen to a stoner.

I love smtr. I like celebrating people''s engagements--nothing boring about a gal''s happiness--it''s infectious.
Haha.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 12:02:15 PM
Author: Pandora II

Er... guilty... I probably only go there if I''m prompted by something posted elsewhere. Otherwise about once a month max...

I do get bored of looking at rb solitares. I''m interested if they''re coloured stones, custom settings, or OECs...
Ditto. That''s one disadvantage of having so much of the "recipe" for D-J RBC worked out...

I''ll add fancy cuts and coloured diamonds to the spices, though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2009 12:53:52 PM

I would like to know an honest show of cyberhands of how many of you stay out of the SMTR thread because it bores you to tears? Admit it now!! Once in a great while I'll see an interesting setting I love, but other than that, it's mostly white colorless diamonds in RBC H&A's, and I get sooooo bored. I do get excited every now and then when someone posts a colored stone or diamond, or an OEC. Now I'm really going to have the diamond mavens after me!!

I've seen you admiring diamonds over there--and talking plenty about them on Rocky Talk, TL. Come oooooonn.
11.gif

Boy, you're quite paranoid of these diamond mavens!....that's been known to happen to a stoner.

I love smtr. I like celebrating people's engagements--nothing boring about a gal's happiness--it's infectious.
You've got a point there. I enjoy hearing the romantic love stories of newly engaged couples. . . even though I'm an old married lady myself. Ha!! It's nice to read the stories. You caught me!!

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock

Harriet.. good to see your are still enjoying your engagement ring. I was getting a little worried. I couldn''t find any posts on your recent diamond purchases. Do tell.......

Simplysplendid..I have missed alot of posts , what stone is the ring in your avatar,can you give me a link please.

Tourmaline_lover.....spill, how big was the diamond you sold?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No worries. I love wearing it. My new diamonds are in the thread "French cuts and rubies" (this forum).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2009 8:31:49 PM
Author: sparkles

Harriet.. good to see your are still enjoying your engagement ring. I was getting a little worried. I couldn''t find any posts on your recent diamond purchases. Do tell.......

Simplysplendid..I have missed alot of posts , what stone is the ring in your avatar,can you give me a link please.

It was a 1.99 or 1.98 (I forget) pear shape G-SI1 that hubby got at a downtown Chicago diamond dealer. It bored me to tears.

To tell you the truth, I would stare at it everyday and try to like it. I figured that if I had to force myself to like it, then it wasn''t worth keeping. I kept the setting though, so that''s the sentimental part. White and yellow diamonds don''t do it for me. My jeweler just showed me a 7 carat yellow diamond, and I was like "oh, that''s nice." Perhaps if it was a more vivid yellow, I think this was just a straight fancy yellow.

I do love diamonds, really out-there colored ones. Now I would not sell THESE!!
emsmilep.gif

lavenderbeauty2.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2009 10:27:11 PM

It was a 1.99 or 1.98 (I forget) pear shape G-SI1 that hubby got at a downtown Chicago diamond dealer. It bored me to tears.

To tell you the truth, I would stare at it everyday and try to like it. I figured that if I had to force myself to like it, then it wasn''t worth keeping. I kept the setting though, so that''s the sentimental part. White and yellow diamonds don''t do it for me. My jeweler just showed me a 7 carat yellow diamond, and I was like ''oh, that''s nice.'' Perhaps if it was a more vivid yellow, I think this was just a straight fancy yellow.

I do love diamonds, really out-there colored ones. Now I would not sell THESE!!
emsmilep.gif

Those are diamonds??? WOW
30.gif

Actually, I''m not much for yellow diamonds- the color''s too faded for me. I saw a 5 ct. yellow diamond and a 3 ct. yellow diamond in Tokyo not too long ago, and they weren''t that great - for one, the color wasn''t my cup of tea, but mostly, they were included like nothing other. I mean, BIG visible inclusions without a loupe - ugh.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It would be hard for me to say I like colored stones more than diamonds, although I guess that would depend on the colored stones and diamonds in question.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Sparkles, the ring in my avatar is a fancy light yellow diamond that I purchased from Canary Diamond. Here''s the link to the pictures:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-fancy-light-yellow-asscher-oec-that-i-have-not-posted.81014/

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 2:22:56 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

30.gif

Actually, I''m not much for yellow diamonds- the color''s too faded for me. I saw a 5 ct. yellow diamond and a 3 ct. yellow diamond in Tokyo not too long ago, and they weren''t that great - for one, the color wasn''t my cup of tea, but mostly, they were included like nothing other. I mean, BIG visible inclusions without a loupe - ugh.
Hum. Sorry, but if you''ve been looking at crappy yellows don''t ding the whole lot. 1.07 FVY VS2. You may complain it''s too in your face, but not that it''s shy or included...
2.gif

103r1711c.jpg

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
3.95 ct of FIY rounds... ("centre" stone is 0.45)

Yellow Cluster 3.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2009 6:14:03 PM
Author: Harriet
OMC,
Ta.

Deb,
I''m not sure how it happened, but Coati and I have started calling each other ''Stoner.''

Matata,
''Bi-stoner?'' Haha.

I didn''t mean to exclude diamond lovers. One can love two types of stuff, while preferring one over the other, non?

P.S. For the record, I''ve never been stoned and will never be.
12.gif
LOL!
41.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 5:01:55 AM
Author: oldmancoyote

30.gif

Hum. Sorry, but if you''ve been looking at crappy yellows don''t ding the whole lot. 1.07 FVY VS2. You may complain it''s too in your face, but not that it''s shy or included...
2.gif
Vivid yellows are much more striking and beautiful, I agree. However, if I had my drothers, it would still be those lavender diamonds I posted above. I think they are breathtaking. The large yellow I saw at my jeweler was a very clean quality stone, but it wasn''t a vivid yellow, but just a straight fancy yellow. It didn''t do much for me.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes! Yellows - even vivid - are pedestrian compared to those two.

I''m just trying to balance the score a bit on behalf of yellow diamonds the world over.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:01:55 AM
Author: oldmancoyote

30.gif

2.gif
wow- that ring is STUNNING, OMC!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I really like both, but diamonds are my fav. Unless its frozen spit.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 5:11:47 PM
Author: icekid

wow- that ring is STUNNING, OMC!
I know - I''ve been drooling over it for ages...
18.gif
(and I keep finding something else to buy before I save enough)

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Tourmaline_lover, those lavenders are gorgeous. I have only seen yellows in person..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is a thread dedicated to the love of colored gems, but if you want to see some really droolworthy colored diamonds, look at the blog on coloreddiamondshop.com. That's where those lavender diamonds came from, and I think they're still for sale on his website. If anyone does get them, just don't tell me because I will be very very jealous.
11.gif
. They are both under a carat and not very large, but oh my!

It's funny because most people think diamonds only come in white and yellow. They come in every shade under the rainbow, just like tourmalines. Those violet ones are just about as rare as a diamond can get. I much rather have those than a fancy purplish pink or red. They remind me of the color of lilacs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results