shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT She said 'YES'!: Art Deco Asscher Cut with Sapphires

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, the look on her face is priceless and makes me smile, you did well! The ring is amazing!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love that you really captured the moment :)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring and beautiful pictures! Congrats :appl:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I got goosebumps looking at these photos! Such joy, such emotion, and SUCH a gorgeous ring! :appl: :appl:

And, you can NEVER bore Pricescopers with photos... NEVER! That's why we have a SHOW ME THE BLING area! :cheeky:

missk8

Rough_Rock
That is a spectacular ring! That an absolutely beautiful and unique way to do a diamond with sapphires.

Did she help design the ring?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring! Did you design it yourself - was it a complete surprise? Just curious. Love the pictures.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the ring, and the super fun pictures! Congrats, and may you both have lots more of the happiness displayed in the pics. :)

ADShack

Rough_Rock
missk8|1347454411|3266712 said:
That is a spectacular ring! That an absolutely beautiful and unique way to do a diamond with sapphires.

Did she help design the ring?

Thanks MissK8 (and everyone else who has commented!)

She certainly expressed her opinion saying she wanted something vintage (or vintage-inspired), art deco-y with sapphires. Smart girl that she is, she also pinned several rings that she liked on her Pinterest page, so I had a pretty good idea of her taste. I searched for weeks for something that met those requirements. I found several AWESOME true vintage rings that fit the bill, but almost without exception the center diamonds were of relatively poor quality (especially for the amounts they were asking) & I wanted a high quality diamond. I asked several vendors if they would remove the diamond and sell the setting, but no one was willing to do that.

Then I embarked upon a search for new, vintage-inspired rings and found the Royal T Collection at ERD. The one I really liked was essentially this ring, but it had rubies instead of sapphires, so I called ERD and they were fantastic! I sourced the Asscher cut diamond from them and they created the ring to my specifications using the ruby ring as a rough template. There were a couple of delays (it took about six weeks to get the ring when they promised 30 days), forcing me to cancel my planned proposal once, but they came through in the end.

I was so nervous when the ring arrived Fed-ex, but when I ultimately opened the box, I was ecstatic. Knowing it was coming, I had pre-arranged an immediate appraisal since it's a bit scary to be purchasing something of such relatively high value online. When the appraiser (with 30 years experience) saw it, he simply said 'WOW'. He even had trouble finding the pinpoint under the microscope saying it was so small it was hiding behind a spec of dust. His exact words were 'when they say pinpoint, they sure mean pinpoint!'. Anyway, he said I got the ring for about wholesale cost and appraised it at over 60% more than what I paid. WOO-HOO! Although I had massive trepidation buying a ring online, sight unseen, it paid off big time in the end. Just the sales tax savings alone by buying out of state saved me almost $1,000 bucks! Actually, not savings, but allowed me to buy more ring.

Autumn, my fiance, had no clue what she would end up with & I did not want her involved in the process. That takes the fun out of it IMO! She absolutely loves the ring though & that makes me very happy!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, that is one gorgeous ring!

But more importantly, the look on your fiance's face says it all: That is a woman who LOVES her ring!

And I really like that she used her Pinterest board to create inspiration, and you were able to use it to guide your choice. That is a really great idea and allowed her to have input and guidance and you to surprise her. Win win. I am going to suggest that to people posting on PS from now on!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classy! I love the photos :)

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Lordy that is stunning! Love the milgrain with the asscher and carre cuts!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The two of you and the ring = Totally Glorious :appl: :wavey:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo pretty! I love that the ring has a bit more going on than the traditional solitaire, but still retains a sense of clean design and elegance.

Congrats to you both!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to find and read this thread just because I loved the design and execution of your ring - lovely and stunning, plus I love sapphires :lickout:

But you two are even lovelier than the ring! The way you look at her when you're giving her the ring, and the way she looks like she's about to physically lift off from happiness made me smile and smile. I wish you a happy life together! :appl:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! The ring is beautiful...the joy in your photos....stunning! Makes me smile just looking at you and your fiancee's happy faces. Very well-planned and executed.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderul ring and her unbridled joy of the moment is the most beautiful of all. :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, congratulations on your engagement! The ring is absolutely gorgeous. I love the color of the sapphires. :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, and amazing photos to capture such a memorable experience! :appl:

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congrats! Great job on it and great job to your fiance for pinning rings she loved! I love the pictures too - so sweet to capture those moments!!! :)

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Wow! What a stylish ring!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, amazing ring! Your fiancée sure looks very happy ( as do you). Congrats on the engagement.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Nicely done!

I like unique and that is for sure.

You aren't going to see one of those everyday, and yet it is so classic/classy.

A family heirloom created.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
This is an absolutely lovely ring! (You did an amazing job, as you can tell by her face. ;)) )

Congratulations! May you have many happy years of marriage.

Aww, you two are super cute! Congrats, it's beautiful. :love:

Awwwww I love it! She looks absolutely thrilled.. I love the expressions on her face. Oh, pretty ring too :wink2:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are an absolutely lovely couple, and her ring is stunning!! :love:

Well done!

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
I love asscher cuts. You have good taste in jewelry and girls ...your fiance is beautiful! Have a happy life!

mrsjacob

Shiny_Rock
The beautiful ring is COMPLETELY overshadowed by how beautiful the moment was! Good JOB sir!

ADShack

Rough_Rock
Thanks again to all who commented & for allowing me to share our moment. I am overwhelmed by your collective kindness about the ring & our pictures! What an amazing experience all around!

cocoriah_photo_-4194.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results