shape
carat
color
clarity

Sera''s Princess of Hearts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 9:04:23 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Wow, Sera - I just love your ring, so nice to finally see some IRL pics of a Princess of Hearts!

Can''t wait to see what you set it in!
It was kinda weird choosing it without the IRL pics! I had wished someone had purchased one and posted pics before I did. I just went by the videos, Jon''s rep and his word. I''m really happy with it!

I''m having Maytal Hannah make the setting. It will have a delicate bezel halo, trap sides (I think step traps, though considering brilliant traps), pave a little more than 1/2 around, and on the side some pave and engraving. It may sound like too much going on, but I don''t think it will look like too much (though may to those who like a simple, classic solitaire).

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 8:23:33 PM
Author: coatimundi
Sera what a gorgeous ring! Yay!!

I''ve never seen a princess of hearts--such a lovely cut!

Looks great on you! Your fire shots rock too!
Date: 1/25/2008 7:53:27 PM
Author: Çã†hër§ 
Date: 11/25/2007 3:15:46 AM

Author: sera

Mini rose redux...

O M G!!!!!! that is one of the most gorgeous rings, and nicest shots of a ring I have ever seen! Congratulations
30.gif
36.gif

Thank you both :) When I saw this one, I knew it was THE One for me. I really love the cut corners, so in my setting it will have a bezel so I don''t lose that shape.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What one minute - I think that stone looks BIGGER than 1 ct not smaller than 1 ct!!!! I''m talking about the hand shots too - it really sparkles! And, I know you said it''s a temp setting - but I think it looks fantastic just the way it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Let me congratulate you after I pick myself up off the floor. That diamond is beyond GORGEOUS. I''m a total princess fiend and that has to be, hands down, the prettiest one I''ve seen yet!

Love love love love it!

Oh --and CONGRATS!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thank you motownmama and divergrrl!!!

I know there''s nothing wrong with the setting, and I know I could get some killer bands if I left it in the setting... but the band is just not me. I really wanted sidestones and pave. I really love that it is a different shape.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad this thread got bumped. Sera, I really love your ring. It''s just beautiful.

shay

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, French 75! Before we moved we lived right up the street from the one in Irvine and would walk over there at least once a month. What a great place for an engagement. Your ring is perfect, as well.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 6:22:17 PM
Author: detdianoob
Hey Sera,

I am looking at a .96 E/VS2 POH from GOG and I''m trying to get a better picture of its size. Since your POH is nearly identical in size, could you post some more hand shots, preferably without zoom?? Thanks a million!

-Dan
Here ya go. Unfortunately, I''m really bad at getting pics of the ring. I had a couple handshots taken a while back and I took some more today. Personally, I think it''s a nice size... you could drop color and clarity and go bigger if you''re concerned about the size. I went with an eyeclean SI2 but kept the color at F. If you get a PoH... I think you will be amazed at the brilliance and fire... they''re gorgeous in person.

I will post 8... I hope it helps (and it''s not photo overkill!).

seras_poh_handshot.JPG

seras.PoH_handshot_orangenredflowers.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
shoulda picked some oranges while I was out there... but it was too cold (in a So Cal weather-wuss kina way)
20.gif

seras.PoH_handshot_orangesnsky.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
blurry, but shows the diamond apart from the band I think

seras.PoH_handshot_blurred.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
with a lovely backdrop of winter fried grass

seras.PoH_handshot_grass.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
this probably was on macro, but it''s one of my clearer shots
20.gif

seras.PoH_handshot_closeup.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
a lil bit of orange fire

seras.PoH_handshot.orangefirenoranges.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
my hibiscusless hibiscus

(hope the pics helped, dan!)

seras.PoH_handshot_hibiscus.JPG

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Shay!

Erica, we went to the one in Newport... it was really nice... very cozy. We''re thinking about going back again soon.

detdianoob

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for taking the time Sera! Your pictures really help!

I am having a really hard time deciding between the following:

All POH:
.96 E/VS2
1.13 J/VS1
1.4 J/VS1

I know J''s can face up pretty white, but I seem to be stuck on the stats too much of the E/VS2. Such a hard decision......

sera

Ideal_Rock
Glad they helped :)

I''ve seen all the PoH videos they have on GOG but can''t recall any J colors being on there. I would call Jon up and ask how the color is face up. Color was my hang up as well. I''m really curious how well the PoH faces up white... I''ll bet a J would be gorgeous.

detdianoob

Rough_Rock
The following video has a 1.45 K POH:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/videos/CHRONOSCOMPARISON.wmv

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 9:34:06 AM

That''s right... I had forgotten that was a K because it faces up with a lovely, slight warmth! Thanks for the link.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2008 1:51:23 PM

That''s right... I had forgotten that was a K because it faces up with a lovely, slight warmth! Thanks for the link.
I''m not sure if you guys are still interested, but I had Jon do a video of the J PoH for me. The link is called "comparing a 0.81 G SI1 PoH to a 1.01 J I1".
If you do watch, let me know what you think of the I1 !

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2008 4:47:07 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 1/27/2008 1:51:23 PM

I''m not sure if you guys are still interested, but I had Jon do a video of the J PoH for me. The link is called ''comparing a 0.81 G SI1 PoH to a 1.01 J I1''.
If you do watch, let me know what you think of the I1 !
Great... I''ll look at it when I get back from a Super Bowl party (
yucky.gif
) tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results