shape
carat
color
clarity

SARAH-- and other brides who want to loose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
A thought for folks who want water exercise without getting hair wet: vertical kicking and sculling. hotel pool article on it. If kicking vertically is too easy, fill a clean gallon jug with water partly and hold it over your head. I like to do these in intervals of 10sec hard, 30 med, 10 hard when I''m bored and have to swim alone. My masters swim team is the best, they keep me motivated and are just great people; I''d recommend a USMS team to anyone who can do more than doggy paddle, there is no need to be fast to join, usually a Y membership gets you in. Lane buddies keep each other honest and in the pool 4xs a week. I like an am workout, but most teams have lunch and evening swims.

This morning before work my lane swam 3100yds and then I did 50 lunges. Working on the arse!

Ate Kashi, yogurt, fruit salad, hot chocolate (am addicted) and am hoping for Indian food for dinner, yeah date night.

keep up the excellent effort ladies!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
so at dinner last night, i was sorely tempted to go for the steak but chose the chicken instead. it wasn't completely guiltless as it had a lot of mashed potatoes and i had a glass of pinot grigio with the meal. but at least i didn't have a steak, mashed potatoes and pinot grigio! ah how we can rationalize things!

anyway, i was happy with my choice. this thread helped me to think hard about my decision last night and to remember my goal :)

this morning i had one of my stoneyfield farm organic yogurt drinks. i'll probably eat some tangerines as well cause we have a bunch that need to be eaten.

exercise - will do some abdominals and hopefully go for a walk today. i have my second to last dress fitting today but i feel like i've been careful since my last fitting two weeks ago so shouldn't have any unpleasant surprises. if anything, wouldn't mind having a centimeter or so of extra wiggle room.

for those who are struggling with drinking 8 cups of water a day, i found that this water bottle really made it easier for me to drink my water goal. i kind of felt like a baby with a bottle at first but a few sips and i've drunk 8 oz! plus i love that it is spill free and it comes in lots of fun colors. i have two of them and have also "borrowed" FI's. this way if one needs to be cleaned, i am not without a water bottle.

Camelbak water bottle

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 2:18:31 AM
Author: swimmer
So often weight issues are about control, I see that with the high school girls I coach and of course myself and my friends. I''ve been away for two weeks in Asia, (a great weight loss technique), and its just under 4 weeks till my wedding so this thread might be too late for me, but I wanted to chime in about PCOS while the jetlag has me sleeping different hours than FI.

Gypsy, for two years I refused to take Metformin because of the side effects and mostly my issues with control. But since starting it up a year ago, my sugar headaches have diminished (I still eat icing and tasty stuff, but my body less adamantly lets me know it was a bad idea). I started out taking BCPs (Yasmin) and that helped so much, plus the facial hair started to disappear. I think of PCOS as the disease that makes you ugly. I HATE it and wanted to deny it, but I''m so classic (and the uncomfy ultrasound...) but let me tell you that I dropped 7 pounds when starting Metformin, and then 7 again when my perscription was doubled again. My eating didn''t change and I always work out 5xs a week minimum for mental health, so nothing changed but the chemistry related to insulin resistance and my body let me burn fat instead of storing it like I was going to get pregnant.

My MD is cute and points out that my ancestors survived famines because of PCOS, and he is very clear that once you drop the abdominal weight and go on Clomid (sp?), it is pretty easy to get pregnant. Just putting that out there as a friend is unexpectedly preggers b/c she thought PCOS would forever keep her from having kids, but then she dropped about 60lbs and didn''t use a condom, voila...pregnant. Do you have any books on PCOS? I have some, so hard to read, but the suggestions about food are so good if you are serious about loosing weight. If you have PCOS, the normal things that will take off weight are not quite what you need to do. A lot of info is online, even a website called soulcysters that has articles plus a support message board. But it is hard, we all acknowledge that and are here for support. Everyone''s body differently responds to treatment, but knowledge is power when it comes to tackling a difficult challenge.
Mine said this too! Lucky started a thread on PCOS in Family and Home.

I don''t have any books but will look into : soulcysters . Thanks so VERY MUCH for the supportive post. I feel less guilty knowing that someone else was non-compliant with their metformin. Tell me, do the side effects get better, or manageable over time?

THANK YOU AGAIN SWIMMER!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 8:28:15 AM
Author: alli_esq
First of all, I REEEALLY want to lose weight--even though my wedding isn''t coming up anytime soon--I would love a buddy (or several) to help motivate!!

Secondly, I have PCOS, but no one ever told me that I was insulin resistant--is it possible to have PCOS and not be insulin resistant? I definitely have developed a ring of fat around my midsection (though I thought that was really just more because I''m lazy and haven''t exercised and been eating crappy food)...

I have terrrrrrible student insurance, but I should go to the gyno anyway, I guess.

But yes, I am on the losing weight bandwagon, if you''ll have me!! I don''t really know how many pounds I am, but I know what size I want to be, and I''m a ways off
38.gif
I don''t think that is possible. I think PCOS makes you insulin resistant. There is a thread on Family on Home Lucky started on this now. Maybe we''ll all figure it out together on there???

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
For people that have trouble drinking enough water each day, I highly recommend Propel water. It''s awesome. I''m addicted to it now. The peach, grape and berry are my favs but it has about 25 calories in a medium bottle and it''s basically flavored water with some vitamins...Some vitamin waters have a lot of calories but not Propel. I get very queasy drinking even a big glass of water so this really saved me.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 10:02:35 AM
Author: Krissie
Date: 5/1/2008 6:45:03 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Hello everyone! I am awake. Woo.
6.gif
Shh don''t tell FI I slept so much.
12.gif
He didn''t get a lot of sleep last night since since he was up until about 2 listening to me cry over being worried about my exam. Test anxiety anyone?
23.gif

How I''m Feeling: First I wanted to say thanks for being so supportive and listening to me everyone. I felt like the biggest thing for me was coming to college and meeting new people (especially FI). That was a good step in the right direction to surround myself by supportive people (other than my parents they were always there). But after a while even that faded and I started to question myself and the insecurity returned again especially now that I got to a school full of thin people who run all of the time and competition. For example: How can he find me so attractive? FI''s self-esteem has skyrocketed since we started dating which is great, and mine has definitely improved but it is still not quite there. I know part of the reason I get so weepy and angry before every big test that I am worried about is because I am a perfectionist. I told FI last night that when it comes to me ''mistakes are unacceptable.'' And ''failing is unacceptable.'' Again failing to me is not getting an A- (usually I can at least begrudgingly live in a B+). But I am fallible. *Sigh* I think this issue trickles into my weight as well. I''ve realized a lot of my personal faults/issues lately I am just not sure how to deal with them. For example, the one I was just talking about. I am afraid of failing. I am afraid of not coming out on top or not achieving what I want to achieve. It''s got to happen sometime, right? But what am I going to do when it does? I didn''t get into my top choice colleges for undergrad, so I had to transfer to the school I am at. I had a great gpa, great extracurriculars, but only average SAT scores. I am afraid of something similar happening for law schools. BUT, if I had gotten into my top schools I would NEVER have met FI. So I do not regret being rejected, I just fear feeling that same crushing feeling of rejection again. So maybe that''s part of the reason I don''t try to lose weight because I feel like I''ve already let myself down so bad. I am also lazy and enjoy good food of course.
11.gif
31.gif
Anyway, sorry for the length! Just felt like venting a bit more.
4.gif

Glad to hear that everyone is doing a bit better. And I am glad you took your medicine Gypsy, it''s a good step I think. I am trying to take my non-dizzy meds every day as well so I am trying to make myself do it, too!
1.gif
The only thing I''ve slacked on is my nasal spray.
14.gif

Now onto to dinner!

Sweetie, it will all work out okay -- I promise! If you are a high achiever, but not necessarily a great test taker, well you sound like me! I worked my arse off in undergrad and law school, have motivation like you wouldn''t believe, and will do whatever it takes to feel I''ve done the best that I can. But standardized tests? Forget it. I always screw them up. Always.

End result is that I had a fab GPA from a great undergrad, but not so great of an LSAT score. I got wait listed or outright rejected at my top law schools, ended up going to a regional law school because I knew I wanted to work in the area, and I was SOOOO happy there! A lot of the pressure was off (it wasn''t as competitive an environment); I was able to do the same self-motivation thing I did as in undergrad, and I ended up graduating in the top 5% of my class, managing editor of law review, 2 published articles, federal judicial internship, and now working for a top international firm. Sweetie, cream ALWAYS rises to the top -- and you have the motivation to get what you want out of your education! So, don''t psyche yourself out so much about the LSAT. It''s important to do as best as you can, but you''ve got a lot of other great things going for you.

Thank you so much! You sound a lot like me, yep. Darn those standardized tests! The math is what got me on the SAT my math skills are horrid. Let''s hope my logic skills are better!
31.gif
Honestly, I do think I''d be happy at a regional school as well. Heck I may even get a scholarship, right? I mean I am a bit concerned about owing $150,000 in loans so maybe a school with a scholarship would be sweeet! You are an inspiration.
1.gif
I agree, I think instead of concentrating on having to get a certain score I will just practice practice practice and do my best.
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
What I Ate: I didn''t have breakfast earlier, but I did have cereal around 3 am so I will count that. Right now I am going to eat some chicken noodle soup with crackers.
How I Feel: I feel pretty good!
4.gif
Had some nightmares which always, sucks but overall I feel good. I am going to try to get some studying done before FI gets home so we can actually spend time together (it is a Friday afterall). Blegh morning exam on a Saturday evillll! I am going to go try to buy my Mom''s Mother''s Day present this afternoon if FI is up for it. I think it''d be nice to go somewhere other than school for a change.
1.gif
Since I am involved in so many extracurriculars, it seems like I live there sometimes, haha! Luckily those are pretty much over right now due to finals, phew a break!
1.gif
OH and I weighed myself and as it stands I''ve lost about 3 lbs this week. Let''s hope it stays that way! I also got something done today that I''ve been putting off, I called my physical therapist to make sure I was discharged. I didn''t go to all of my appointments because I always seemed to have some kind of training or meeting at the only time I had for PT during the week. I should have gone, but I am just going to do it myself. I will go back later if I have to.
Goals for today:: 1. Study for the next few hours while watching my favorite court shows (yeah I know I am a dork. Court shows, Bridezillas, and Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? are my guilty pleasures).
2. ONLY diet coke or caffeine free regular coke. AVOID caffeine.
3. Spend time with FI after I study. NO distractions!
4. Go out to dinner with FI (eat something reasonable such as grilled chicken!) and go shopping for a bit!
5. Wii Tennis or something to exercise.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!
1.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 1:36:10 PM
Date: 5/2/2008 10:02:35 AM

Author: Krissie

Date: 5/1/2008 6:45:03 PM

Hello everyone! I am awake. Woo.
6.gif
Shh don''t tell FI I slept so much.
12.gif
He didn''t get a lot of sleep last night since since he was up until about 2 listening to me cry over being worried about my exam. Test anxiety anyone?
23.gif

How I''m Feeling: First I wanted to say thanks for being so supportive and listening to me everyone. I felt like the biggest thing for me was coming to college and meeting new people (especially FI). That was a good step in the right direction to surround myself by supportive people (other than my parents they were always there). But after a while even that faded and I started to question myself and the insecurity returned again especially now that I got to a school full of thin people who run all of the time and competition. For example: How can he find me so attractive? FI''s self-esteem has skyrocketed since we started dating which is great, and mine has definitely improved but it is still not quite there. I know part of the reason I get so weepy and angry before every big test that I am worried about is because I am a perfectionist. I told FI last night that when it comes to me ''mistakes are unacceptable.'' And ''failing is unacceptable.'' Again failing to me is not getting an A- (usually I can at least begrudgingly live in a B+). But I am fallible. *Sigh* I think this issue trickles into my weight as well. I''ve realized a lot of my personal faults/issues lately I am just not sure how to deal with them. For example, the one I was just talking about. I am afraid of failing. I am afraid of not coming out on top or not achieving what I want to achieve. It''s got to happen sometime, right? But what am I going to do when it does? I didn''t get into my top choice colleges for undergrad, so I had to transfer to the school I am at. I had a great gpa, great extracurriculars, but only average SAT scores. I am afraid of something similar happening for law schools. BUT, if I had gotten into my top schools I would NEVER have met FI. So I do not regret being rejected, I just fear feeling that same crushing feeling of rejection again. So maybe that''s part of the reason I don''t try to lose weight because I feel like I''ve already let myself down so bad. I am also lazy and enjoy good food of course.
11.gif
31.gif
Anyway, sorry for the length! Just felt like venting a bit more.
4.gif

Glad to hear that everyone is doing a bit better. And I am glad you took your medicine Gypsy, it''s a good step I think. I am trying to take my non-dizzy meds every day as well so I am trying to make myself do it, too!
1.gif
The only thing I''ve slacked on is my nasal spray.
14.gif

Now onto to dinner!

Sweetie, it will all work out okay -- I promise! If you are a high achiever, but not necessarily a great test taker, well you sound like me! I worked my arse off in undergrad and law school, have motivation like you wouldn''t believe, and will do whatever it takes to feel I''ve done the best that I can. But standardized tests? Forget it. I always screw them up. Always.

End result is that I had a fab GPA from a great undergrad, but not so great of an LSAT score. I got wait listed or outright rejected at my top law schools, ended up going to a regional law school because I knew I wanted to work in the area, and I was SOOOO happy there! A lot of the pressure was off (it wasn''t as competitive an environment); I was able to do the same self-motivation thing I did as in undergrad, and I ended up graduating in the top 5% of my class, managing editor of law review, 2 published articles, federal judicial internship, and now working for a top international firm. Sweetie, cream ALWAYS rises to the top -- and you have the motivation to get what you want out of your education! So, don''t psyche yourself out so much about the LSAT. It''s important to do as best as you can, but you''ve got a lot of other great things going for you.

Thank you so much! You sound a lot like me, yep. Darn those standardized tests! The math is what got me on the SAT my math skills are horrid. Let''s hope my logic skills are better!
31.gif
Honestly, I do think I''d be happy at a regional school as well. Heck I may even get a scholarship, right? I mean I am a bit concerned about owing $150,000 in loans so maybe a school with a scholarship would be sweeet! You are an inspiration.
1.gif
I agree, I think instead of concentrating on having to get a certain score I will just practice practice practice and do my best.
1.gif

sarah, i had a friend in HS who also worked really really hard but would bomb when it came to standardized tests. i used to feel so bad for her cause i knew that this girl was working and it wasn''t fair that others in our class didn''t work as hard and got great scores and grades.

she went to a decent college - not a top tier but a very reputable college - and she is doing great now - she got a masters degree and is very happy - and you know, i think in the real working world, scores count for very little in the long run. if you work hard, people can rely on you (showing up and fulfilling your committments), you can prioritize, and work as a team player you will be more than aok. like krissie says, cream rises to the top. hang in there!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!

So I did NOT go to Chipotle for lunch yesterday but i did go out last night with friends and had lots of happy hour type food and drinks. I had a blast though so I think it is okay!

For those who do Weight Watchers - how exactly does it work? I guess I''m not interested in eating their food but i like the whole points thing over calorie counting...I''ll do some research online...

Goals for today: Drink water (I, too, am a camel!), do one of my DVD workouts ("On the Ball Pilates"), eat in moderation.

Only two more days to Puerto Vallarta! Yay!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a problem drinking water because it''s water. It''s pretty much the only thing I drink. I don''t do carbonated beverages, and I rarely partake in caffeine. My problem is that I just have a hard time drinking it in general. Or anything else for that matter. I literally only drink water and juice, with occasional tea or hot chocolate- but only during the winter.

I was naughty and had starbucks this morning. tall nonfat iced chai and a blueberry bread thing. But I did keep it nonfat, so go me.

Last night I ate strawberries when I wanted something sweet when it was getting later. I only drank 4 glasses of water yesterday too, so I really need to work on that...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say thank you ringster! Hey if I get rejected, there''s always transferring right? Hehe. I''ve done it once I can do it again, woohoo! Sometimes it takes more than one try.
1.gif

Sunnygirl and Freke, I am going to try to drink water with you! I only had ONE bottle yesterday.
6.gif
So I am going to work on it today and have a bunch of glasses.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah, I''m not ignoring your response to my questions of law school. I''m just waiting till the weekend. Want to give it some thought.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 1:08:55 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/1/2008 8:28:15 AM
Author: alli_esq
First of all, I REEEALLY want to lose weight--even though my wedding isn''t coming up anytime soon--I would love a buddy (or several) to help motivate!!

Secondly, I have PCOS, but no one ever told me that I was insulin resistant--is it possible to have PCOS and not be insulin resistant? I definitely have developed a ring of fat around my midsection (though I thought that was really just more because I''m lazy and haven''t exercised and been eating crappy food)...

I have terrrrrrible student insurance, but I should go to the gyno anyway, I guess.

But yes, I am on the losing weight bandwagon, if you''ll have me!! I don''t really know how many pounds I am, but I know what size I want to be, and I''m a ways off
38.gif
I don''t think that is possible. I think PCOS makes you insulin resistant. There is a thread on Family on Home Lucky started on this now. Maybe we''ll all figure it out together on there???
I haven''t mentioned this until now, but I was told by a OBGYN a few years back that I MAY have PCOS. Since then I have had a couple of cysts, one that ruptured, but it hasn''t been too bad lately at all. How would I know if I for sure had it? I have pains where my left ovary is about once a month. This causes insulin resistance? Which is what exactly...what is the result of that? Weight gain, slow metabolism?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 2:13:53 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sarah, I''m not ignoring your response to my questions of law school. I''m just waiting till the weekend. Want to give it some thought.

Thank you! You are so sweet!
4.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hello, girls, another not-quite-BIW who would like to join you all!

I have a long, sordid tale about myself and my weight. Since I was about 2, I've been overweight. I've been on diets since the age of 7. One of my grandmothers helped scar me for life by telling me (as a little kid) that I was her only granddaughter and I wasn't supposed to be as fat as I was, and she'd give me clothing (really nice stuff) for Christmas and my birthday that was many sizes too small to make a point. She thought it would work as an incentive, because she thought I just wasn't trying hard enough. She didn't (or doesn't, to this day) have my picture on her mantle because I'm the only granddaughter and I "don't look how I should." I was on diets, I got made fun of at school for being the only one with veggies in my lunch bag (and of course was teased endlessly for being overweight), and I played outside all the time with my brothers and our neighbours. I never did the yo-yo diet thing, because I never seemed to lose any weight. I had a couple of boyfriends over the years, but those relationship were all messed up--sometimes they couldn't decide if they found me physically attractive or not, and one of them cheated on me. And such, I'd kind of resigned myself to being alone with a few Siamese cats for the rest of my life.

That is, until I met J, who is beyond amazing. Like a few of you ladies mentioned, I felt almost like I was being strung along and J was going to shout, "April Fools! You thought *I* would actually find *you* attractive?! HAHAH!" Sometimes I still half-expect that, although he's never once been critical of my body and is in fact much kinder to it than I am. I find it incredible that he can look at me and think I'm beautiful. I almost always look at myself and find myself gross.

Last year, I started not a diet per se, but a different way of eating. I got myself into loving salads and found a bunch of tasty Lean Cuisines, and would have one of each for either lunch or dinner almost every day, and for breakfast I had a Special K breakfast bar and sometimes a piece of fruit. I tried to only drink water. But (and here's the thing that I think made it work) when I had a craving for something, I would have some of whatever it was. It wasn't breaking any rules or using too many points or whatever, because I didn't have those kinds of pressures on me. And I found that the more freedom I gave myself, the less often I craved unhealthy foods. I also belonged to a gym and swam before work sometimes. Over that year, I lost 30 pounds, and was SOOO proud of myself, since I'm now 30 years old and had never lost any weight before!

Unfortunately, this year things have been less under my control because I am at grad school in England, where I'm on a meal plan. They had a salad bar, but there is no salad. I don't get it. It's tuna, and beets, and cabbage and raw onion mixed together in mayo, and pate, and eggs, and ham and no lettuce. No dressing. It's zany. I'm also MUCH more sedentary because I'm in my room studying all the freaking time. And things are so expensive here in England, there's no money for a gym membership. But, I need to TRY to do what I can to get back on the right track. In my mind's eye, I see myself as being thinner than I am. Not tiny, by any means, but smaller. When I see myself in photos or in the mirror, I wince. I don't want to do that for the rest of my life.

I've been so stressed about life in general that I'm currently not able to hold any solid foods in my stomach other than bread and crackers, and have been drinking water steadily and a bit of soda (the bubbles help the nausea). So, I won't have much to input until I'm well again. Exercise-wise, I walked a total of 4 miles yesterday, to get to the bank and then the pharmacy. Today I walked to my doctor's office and then another pharmacy, and I think that was about 3 miles total. I have to return to the pharmacy again tomorrow to pick up some medicine they had in stock (anti-nausea stuff), so I will be walking another 3 miles tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me tell my story! Sorry it was so long, but reading through everyone's posts in here made me feel like I understand what some of you are going through, and it made me want to share my experiences, since yours help give me inspiration, strength and positivity.
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whew, it''s hard to catch up!

For breakfast today, I had a Belgian waffle and two pieces of bacon (my FI and I went out for breakfast). I didn''t have butter on the waffle and I only used a little syrup. I also had two big glasses of water. I usually drink like a fish but I haven''t had much water today.

My FI only drinks soda at home (diet soda at least), so it''s hard to stay away from. I let myself have a few cans per week but I try to stick to water as often as I can.

I haven''t had lunch yet and it''s almost 3:00. I might have some leftover miso soup soon because I''m getting hungry.

How I feel -- well, not great. I''d rather not go into full detail here but I had a doctor''s appt. today and it didn''t go as well as I had hoped it would. I have to schedule something I''m not looking forward to in the next month or so.

I have no idea what I''ll do for dinner. I might have spaghetti with or without cooked grape tomatoes and maybe some fake parmesan cheese ("veggie topping" is the name, I believe). My FI will most likely be on his own and he''ll probably order take out. Ugh! I HATE it when he does that and it''s way more often than I''d like. He says he''s being careful but honestly, I don''t buy it.

Sorry for the grouchy post.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 2:49:48 PM
Author: gwendolyn
In my mind's eye, I see myself as being thinner than I am. Not tiny, by any means, but smaller. When I see myself in photos or in the mirror, I wince. I don't want to do that for the rest of my life.

Just wanted to say I feel the same way, and thank you for joining us! We can all do this together.
1.gif

Zoe I am sorry your doctor's appt didn't go as planned!
14.gif
((Hugs))

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 2:22:08 PM
Author: Courtneylub

I haven''t mentioned this until now, but I was told by a OBGYN a few years back that I MAY have PCOS. Since then I have had a couple of cysts, one that ruptured, but it hasn''t been too bad lately at all. How would I know if I for sure had it? I have pains where my left ovary is about once a month. This causes insulin resistance? Which is what exactly...what is the result of that? Weight gain, slow metabolism?
I have complex cysts and have had them rupture (quite frankly the most pain I have ever been in) but I don''t have PCOS - never been diagnosed with it. I just have a stage three endo that has basically mutilated my left ovary and tube so the pain is really, really noticable on my left side when that time comes along. I have regular cycles and haven''t had many problems other than the cysts forming (and subsequently rupturing). Have you had a lap done?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:40:05 PM
Author: Stephanie

Date: 5/2/2008 2:22:08 PM
Author: Courtneylub

I have complex cysts and have had them rupture (quite frankly the most pain I have ever been in) but I don''t have PCOS - never been diagnosed with it. I just have a stage three endo that has basically mutilated my left ovary and tube so the pain is really, really noticable on my left side when that time comes along. I have regular cycles and haven''t had many problems other than the cysts forming (and subsequently rupturing). Have you had a lap done?
No, I haven''t. Sounds like I have similar symptoms, though they''ve gotten a bit better. It doesn''t sound like PCOS is what I have.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! There''s so much to read here!

Here''s how I did last night:
No workout- too tired.
Ate homemade pizza at work made with whole wheat dough, part-skim cheese and lots of veggies. Not the healthiest but not too bad. Then I came home for dinner # 2 and FI said he didn''t want to eat dinner. So I thought about it too and I really wasn''t hungry so I didn''t eat again!
I also ordered a Wii last night, I figured it should give FI and I something more physical to do than sit around and watch tv at night.

Here''s the workout equipment I have at home:

Yoga Mats
Bikram Yoga CD
Hatha yoga dvds
6 or 8 # dumbells (not sure)
resistence bands
Nike Plus for Ipod- this is EXTREMELY motivating to me for anyone that likes running/walking. Only problem is you have to use it with Nike shoes and I personally don''t feel they are good running shoes.
Fluidity Ballet Bar- actually a pretty good workout, just need to start doing it again.
FI has a weight bench with a bunch of heavy free-weights and also a curling bar
Our apartment complex also has a small gym with treadmills, elipticals, stair climbers and one of those weight machines.

What I ate so far today:
Bowl of raisin bran
peanut butter and fluff sandwhich on ww (guilty pleasure- haven''t had fluff since I lived on the East Coast, at least the peanut butter was real.
handful of saltless pretzels

Goal for today:
Only eat small bowl of veggies while the kids have dinner.
Eat reasonable portion of pasta with FI tonight.
Pull out the fluidity bar tonight! Either do the beginner dvd twice or try intermediate

Goal for the weekend:
Either do a Bikram yoga session at home or at the studio.
Play an hour of basketball with FI (no we don''t play against each other! He practices his shots while I run back and forth across the court shooting as if I am playing a game. Its good for cardio and I work my whole body when I shoot.)

I also wanted to let you guys know I signed up with Glamour Magazine''s Fitness and Diet program. Its on their website and I don''t think you need a subscription to join. Anyway, I haven''t had a chance to look around much, but there is a diet program that they say allows you to eat, just healthier. I think they called it an un-diet or something.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 492px">Date: 5/1/2008 8:11:45 PM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 5/1/2008 4:56:11 PM
Author: mia1181
Harleigh- How did you like the wrap? Can you tell me more about it? I''m interested in how it removes toxins from your body.
Hi Mia!

I loved it! I had gotten 3 before about 7 or 8 years ago, and it really helped me get on track with feeling better about myself, so I am hoping it gives me a jump start this time, too.

As for how it works, I am not EXACTLY sure, but I can tell you a bit about the process and how it feels. The brochure calls it a ''Body Treatment'' and says it is ''''Designed to remove harmful toxins from the cells while nourishing and conditioning the skin.''

It''s actually a bit embarassing to do, but I feel the results are worth a little bit of self-humiliation on my part! You can get completely nekkid or leave undies and/or a tube top on. The more skin open to the treatment, the better it works, so I sucked it up and just left a thong on, and it was as granny-like of a thong as you can get, but since I want my tush tightened, I figured I needed to just get over it and expose the ol'' butt cheeks. The recommend full nudity, but I just can''t go there!

The lady is a friend of someone who is like a mother to me and is so very sweet, and she didn''t make me feel uncomfortable at all, actually. She is also the one who did my wraps years ago, so it was a bit like seeing an old friend. After you get undressed, she slathers a special lotion all over your body...legs, thighs, rear, back, stomach and arms. You are then wrapped completely in Saran Wrap, yes, I said Saran Wrap! and put on a warming table and covered with warming blankets. It''s not at all uncomfortable once you get past being NAKED in front of a stranger, and if you think about it, feeling the heated lotion working is actually kind of a trip! After you are under the blankets, the gal gives you a very relaxing foot massage and then leaves you to steep for about a half hour. She then came back and cut the plastic away, then massaged all of the lotion in and I was off!

I could feel the tingly effects of the lotion all night, and it along with this thread inspired me to do some sit-ups before I went to bed! When I scheduled the appt., she recommended I start to eat lots of fruits and veggies and to try to double my water intake to help the wraps work better. You can literally feel yourself purging of something (which was more than likely sweat at the time!) and today I feel energized and ready to go, when often I feel like a ton of bricks is weighing on my shoulders and I wonder how I will make it to the end of the day. I actually got out of bed earlier and got to work early and have been going ever since. From what the esthetician says, my body will continue to purge bad toxins from my body throughout the week, and then each time I go back I should notice it less and less as my eating habits improve and the wraps and lotion help to draw the toxins from by body.

*Note here that I still have progress reports to get done before tomorrow, but I''d rather be here on PS, so just because I''m still going, doesn''t mean I''m getting anything productive done. Bad, Harleigh, bad!

Also, please keep in mind that this is not a weight loss regimen...people do this and expect to lose inches and pounds, but it is made to help cleanse your body and firm and tone your skin. My skin doesn''t necessarily feel firmer or more toned yet, but it does feel as soft as buttah, and my attitude alone after doing something for myself finally is a miracle in and of itself!

I hope that helps a little bit...let me know if you have any other questions about the treatments.
Harleigh-

Thanks for explaining that to me. I think I''d like to try it. I do Bikram yoga and similarly, it claims to cleanse your body of toxins. It sounds like its through the sweat, which is what you do in Bikram (its yoga in 100+ degrees). A lot of people disagree with Bikrams claims, especially the weightloss aspect since it seems you lose only water weight. But for some reason I feel amazing after each class, when I should be feeling icky and tired from spending 90 minutes in a hot humid room working out. Its weird but I love it. Anyway, I''m definitely going to give a wrap a try and see how it feels. I''m sure there''s somewhere around here that does it.

Good luck on your progress reports, are you a teacher? I''m a credentialed teacher myself, but became a professional nanny right out of college. I definitely miss teaching.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 3:11:02 PM

Date: 5/2/2008 2:49:48 PM
Author: gwendolyn
In my mind''s eye, I see myself as being thinner than I am. Not tiny, by any means, but smaller. When I see myself in photos or in the mirror, I wince. I don''t want to do that for the rest of my life.

Just wanted to say I feel the same way, and thank you for joining us! We can all do this together.
1.gif

Zoe I am sorry your doctor''s appt didn''t go as planned!
14.gif
((Hugs))
Thanks Sarah!

Gwendolyn -- I can totally relate to wincing. I do that too sometimes.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 12:56:30 PM
Author: ringster
so at dinner last night, i was sorely tempted to go for the steak but chose the chicken instead. it wasn''t completely guiltless as it had a lot of mashed potatoes and i had a glass of pinot grigio with the meal. but at least i didn''t have a steak, mashed potatoes and pinot grigio! ah how we can rationalize things!

anyway, i was happy with my choice. this thread helped me to think hard about my decision last night and to remember my goal :)

this morning i had one of my stoneyfield farm organic yogurt drinks. i''ll probably eat some tangerines as well cause we have a bunch that need to be eaten.

exercise - will do some abdominals and hopefully go for a walk today. i have my second to last dress fitting today but i feel like i''ve been careful since my last fitting two weeks ago so shouldn''t have any unpleasant surprises. if anything, wouldn''t mind having a centimeter or so of extra wiggle room.

for those who are struggling with drinking 8 cups of water a day, i found that this water bottle really made it easier for me to drink my water goal. i kind of felt like a baby with a bottle at first but a few sips and i''ve drunk 8 oz! plus i love that it is spill free and it comes in lots of fun colors. i have two of them and have also ''borrowed'' FI''s. this way if one needs to be cleaned, i am not without a water bottle.

Camelbak water bottle

i just realized that the link i posted does not show the best pics of the waterbottle

this one is better
Camelbak Better Bottle

untitled5_waterbottle.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so for lunch I had ponsit. Not a large amount-- just one bowl. I took a nap. And I needed a snack at 3:00 so I had a south beach chocolate and mint bar. So far, doing okay today.

We''re having egg sandwiches persian style tonight. So chopped tomatos, persian pickles, and chopped egg in toasted pita. Some fresh chopped parsley in there too. Should be yummy!!

I forgot to add that last night we had eggplant dip (homemade: grilled eggplant, tomatoes, garlic and olive oil) with pita chips with dinner too. Need to find whole wheat pita chips.

It''s Friday! I''m not doing very well on water I''ve probably had about 30oz. Will have to step that up tonight. My lunchtime nap should keep me from crashing when I get home.

Sunday night is our venue''s food tasting, so I''m not really watching what I eat that night, I want to try all the food and wine we are going to have. I will be good the rest of the day though. No large Sunday morning breakfasts.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Dinner update: One word: Wendy''s.
14.gif
38.gif
Oopsie?

Goal: Study, drink diet coke, Wii tennis.
4.gif

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
I have done so good this week and can see the difference but I struggle through weekends and usually undo all the good i did during the week.

This weekend is my bach party tomorrow (low low key dinner and drinks) and my bridal shower Sunday. I never buy "bad" food but when it is free and just sitting there I have no will power. My goal is to be very very sensible this weekend. Grilled chicken salad at dinner tomorrow and light beers. Sunday I need to eat a nice healthy satisfying lunch before the bridal shower so I don''t go crazy.

And next week is teacher appriciation week and they are having "bring your teacher''s favorite candy day!" It''s just cruel. ;-) Last year I got over 10 pounds of licorice.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We went out to dinner with some friends tonight, but we went to a local small plates place. DH and I split an order of mussels, ribs (we each had 2), and a salad. I had a glass of wine, and for dessert, greek yogurt with honey, pistachios and strawberries. It was really good, and not quite as decadent as what I would normally have ordered! I felt satisfied though.

Yoga in the morning (7:30 am!!!) with a neighbor!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
um, yeah, so i was HORRIBLE yesterday. started out great with the drinking water all day, and i had sushi for dinner, so that was good. then my best friend called, and it was all over. i had TEN captain and cokes and a shot of something that i don''t even know what it was. it''s the most i have ever had to drink in my entire life, and i have been feeling how much of a bad idea it was allllll day today. as a result, i''ve eaten one chicken fajita, which i loaded with a silly amount of onion, peppers, and lettuce, so it was more of a veggie wrap! and i drank about a gallon and a half of water today. on the minus side, me and my hangover chilled out either on the couch or in the bed all day today. goal for tomorrow--buy a yoga dvd, keep with the drinking water, and, since we''re going to be on the road all day tomorrow going to pick up FI''s little boy, eat something sensible from whichever fast food fat trap my FI chooses!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
This is my Friday post since I didn''t get to post yesterday.

Breakfast: ww english muffin with laughing cow, strawberries. I successfully avoiding the bagels and cream cheese at our Friday conference.
Lunch: apple, fiberone bar, cottage cheese, fruit leather. More strawberries. I still avoided the bagels and cream cheese leftover from Friday morning conference.
Dinner: Fiance and I went out to a Japanese place. I got sushi and miso soup. I ate one of fiance''s shrimp tempura, and I had a glass of wine. After dinner we went out for ice cream. I didn''t like the flavor I picked, though, so I only ate about half and then the whole cone. Ordinarily, ice cream''s not so good, but since I haven''t had it in months literally, I''m okay with it.

After that we went out to see Iron Man. It was really good!

No exercise since I left straight from work to pick up fiance at the airport.

Tonight one of our friends is having a party, so my goal is to not mindlessly snack on chips all night. And go out for a run with fiance...if it stops raining.

Going to go make fiance a low-fat egg mcmuffin now...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
So this morning I went to yoga with my neighbor. The class started at 7:30 AM! She picked me up at 10 after 7 and we both confessed that we didn''t really want to get up, but we were doing it for the other one. Teamwork! I didn''t want to have to call her and tell her I was skipping and she knew I was counting on her to go with me. It really helped.

The class was YRG... Yoga for Regular Guys/Gals. Let me tell you... it kicked my butt! I have never sweated so much! And it really got my heart rate up, yet with no impact. Running, without running. And it was in a heated room. WOW. But the stretches were great, the muscle work was great, I feel great after it. And we''re going back next week. My instructor lost 140 pounds in a year! Man! he couldn''t walk when he started and now he can run. If he can do that I can get my lazy bum out of bed and go sweat.

I''m really glad I went.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results