shape
carat
color
clarity

SARAH-- and other brides who want to loose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 1:42:50 PM
Author: sumbride
Yeah, there is a lot to deal with besides calories and cardio.

This weekend I was talking to my DH about something and I was fiddling with my rings which were really loose. (I was cold.) He said something about them being loose and about how he could tell that I''ve already lost a couple of pounds. I haven''t, but I appreciated the compliment. But then we started talking about what compliments were and weren''t ok. Pretty much anything his mother says is wrong, for example.
2.gif
So I tried to explain to him why I liked hearing ''You look great'' but not when it''s followed up with ''wow! how much weight have you lost?'' because of the implication that I looked completely awful before. Of course, it all depends on who says it and why they said it and what''s behind it. I think one of the challenges I''ve always had with weight loss is that I get to a certain point and then I get uncomfortable because I''m getting too much attention. I don''t want people to ask me about it at the office, I don''t want people to really make comments about it.... it just, I don''t know... it''s better if it''s just for me. Unless it''s DH... he''s allowed to say anything, really, because I know it comes from love. But I''m really not even comfortable with my best friends commenting.

so this is a new issue to deal with. Anybody else feel this way?
Hi Sum,

You''re definitely not the only one who feels that way. I know Gypsy posted in agreement also. I go round and round with this almost on a daily basis. For me, I have been so self-conscious of my weight (especially because I''m under 5''0") and it''s like I want to hide. On the other hand, it''s hard to hide when you have a lot to lose. I always think of it like the elephant in the room, if that makes sense. I get a lot of comments from my mom on the matter too, which hurts. I''ve gotten the "you have such a pretty face" comment from her or the "well, just go to the gym already" types of comments also. It''s very frustrating.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ditto SS. I do have to say WWT has been around forever and it use to be in the BWW, it is full of support and I am glad Lorelei keeps it up for us and full of inspiration each week. We all write about our days and what we do (emotions, problems, happy go lucky days, promotions, preganancy's); it feels like a family and everyone is welcome to join.
1.gif
Also, there are a few people who lost over 100lbs; so we all are at different stages. Best wishes all in whichever thread
35.gif
, I do hope the WWT sticks around for a long time.

Stephanie glad you like the fiber one bars!!
2.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Everyone!!
35.gif

So now that this thread has started, it has made me take a look at my eating habits and realize that wow, it is time for some changes! So that is one great thing already! :)

I am sitting at my desk right now, with a huge (but mostly full) bottle of water (ahem...how is your water drinking going Gypsy?!). Goal: drink it!

I am thinking about maybe getting a trainer for a bit in the summer - get me started and show me how to do everything properly. One of my friends here at work has a trainer (but has for months) and she really helped her diet as well. You should see what she eats. Tuna with half a red pepper. Half a sweet potato for a snack! She literally eats all day, but eats good food and not a lot of the bad carbs. It is inspiring!

Too bad I don''t think of food as fuel - I think of it as a taste experience! Sigh...

Anyways - good luck! ;-)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei --

I don''t think there''s a reason to stop the other thread in FHH. I know that one has been helpful to me in the past, and it is such a good resource. Thank you for all that you do over there! I don''t feel unwelcome AT ALL and I know anyone is certainly welcome to chime in. It''s very hard for me to keep up with, and as much as I want to read everyone''s posts, it moves so quickly and I haven''t been able to do so. This one is heading in that direction too (in my opinion), although it hasn''t gotten too overwheming yet.

PS in general is a very welcoming community and there are so many wonderful contributors such as yourself.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei--I don''t think you should stop the thread in FHH just because this one is taking off so well. I didn''t feel like I fit in to the WWT thread in FHH for the same reasons others have stated--everyone over there has seemingly been together for so long that I''m not up to speed on their stories, and I just felt like I was walking into the middle of a very long conversation that wasn''t going to slow down for my sake (not that it should), that''s all. It wasn''t because anyone was unwelcoming, it was just because you have such a great thing going over there and everyone is so familiar with each other it''s not that easy to step in now and feel like you''re a part of it.

I also know the BWW posters better, which makes it nice, too.

That being said--I just got a call that my dress is in and I''m having my first fitting next Thursday, talk about motivation! I must get back on the healthy bandwagon immediately. In fact, I''m going to go for a run this evening.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 9:04:48 PM
Author: Haven
Lorelei--I don''t think you should stop the thread in FHH just because this one is taking off so well. I didn''t feel like I fit in to the WWT thread in FHH for the same reasons others have stated--everyone over there has seemingly been together for so long that I''m not up to speed on their stories, and I just felt like I was walking into the middle of a very long conversation that wasn''t going to slow down for my sake (not that it should), that''s all. It wasn''t because anyone was unwelcoming, it was just because you have such a great thing going over there and everyone is so familiar with each other it''s not that easy to step in now and feel like you''re a part of it.

I also know the BWW posters better, which makes it nice, too.

Ditto! I just posted on the WWT last week I believe and I have been meaning to post again, but I''ve been lazy.
40.gif
I did NOT feel unwelcome in any way! I also think BOTH threads are supportive, this one is just a bit more tailored to me. I was just like oh a BWW thread, I know most of them and most of them are soon-to-be brides or were brides relatively recently trying to lose weight! So please Lorelei do not worry!
8.gif
I am so sorry we worried you!
7.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone!

The Bad News: I am slacking. I am eating donuts and drinking diet coke with it, but somehow I don''t think that makes it ok.
20.gif
I just need to get myself motivated. It''s so dang hard. I just don''t like most foods and I feel like my choices are so limited. Ugh I am so frustrated with myself and eating habits right now. Sigh. I am trying to make myself eat, but with my crazy sleeping habits right now it''s really hard to get more than 2 meals in. I am also just not that hungry and typically rushing around in the mornings, so I end up eating less than I should. Then I end up snacking badly or not eating at all and eating a large dinner. I guess only I can change this, so I need to get to it. We had pizza for dinner, and I feel a bit sick yuck. I just HATE most vegetables, I am such a picky eater. How do you deal with that, force yourself to eat them? Soups help some, but you can only eat so many soups.
The Good News: I haven''t given up!
6.gif
I know I can do this, I just need to get back on track. Or actually stay on track.

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone!
35.gif

I hope you all have had a nice start to the week! This is my first time ever giving standardized testing (since I moved up in grade levels this year) and wow, the stress and pressure is amazing!

I did pretty well yesterday and throughout the day today, but I must admit that I fell off the wagon tonight due to the free Chipotle for Teacher Appreciation Day! I did get a Burrito Bol w/Barbacoa, but I forgot to say no guacamole so I ate most of those parts so I could *save* the rest for tomorrow...unfortunately, it was so good I nearly ate the whole dang bowl, which FI and I usually share! Ugh!

I am going for another wrap and facial tomorrow night and am hoping that will get me motivated to do better for the rest of the week, but next week is Teacher Appreciation Week in my district, and all of the parents are bringing in potluck lunches for the week. I will do my best to make healthy choices!!!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

***Lorelei*** I think the thread you have going over in FHH is a wonderful tool! Please don''t stop it on account of this thread. There are some of us here who don''t have major weight loss issues, but we may have some food/emotional issues, and several of us don''t work out very consistently and may or may not need/want to lose a lot of weight to feel better for their weddings.

I admit that the BWW board is the one I frequent daily and also very rarely make it to other areas of PS with my wedding less than 3 months away. I have gotten to know many of the other brides here and am very comfortable sharing with them, and like many of you over on the other thread, have formed a support group with people we consider our "friends" here on PS, which may include crazy Bridezilla-ness that may keep us from some of our goals, but also comes with an understanding of where we are coming from on a frazzled, "Oh.my.God, my wedding is going to be here before I know it" stress eating!

Just know we all think you are sweet as can be and your enthusiasm and support on the other thread are terrific and always in evidence...please do keep it up!
36.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ah one more thing. I didn''t know where else to post this so I am picking here. Sorry! I mailed my Mom this beautiful Mother''s day card. Guess what? It came back to me today. Because I mailed it from her to me. That''s right, you didn''t read that wrong. I wrote the addresses in the wrong spots. I have NO idea what I was thinking or how that happened.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I am so disappointed in myself! I am hoping I can still get it to her on time (I used my last two stamps on it, so now I am going to have to put it in a larger envelope and send it at the post office).

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 10:31:07 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Hello everyone!

The Bad News: I am slacking. I am eating donuts and drinking diet coke with it, but somehow I don't think that makes it ok.
20.gif
I just need to get myself motivated. It's so dang hard. I just don't like most foods and I feel like my choices are so limited. Ugh I am so frustrated with myself and eating habits right now. Sigh. I am trying to make myself eat, but with my crazy sleeping habits right now it's really hard to get more than 2 meals in. I am also just not that hungry and typically rushing around in the mornings, so I end up eating less than I should. Then I end up snacking badly or not eating at all and eating a large dinner. I guess only I can change this, so I need to get to it. We had pizza for dinner, and I feel a bit sick yuck. I just HATE most vegetables, I am such a picky eater. How do you deal with that, force yourself to eat them? Soups help some, but you can only eat so many soups.
The Good News: I haven't given up!
6.gif
I know I can do this, I just need to get back on track. Or actually stay on track.

Aww, Sarah, hun...I am so sorry to hear you're having a rough time. This IS hard...don't they say that nothing good comes easy? (That person should be smacked, I tell you!
14.gif
) You can DO it! You have worked so hard to pass your exams, and I know you can do this, too.

As for the veggies, it is extremely hard to get a lot of those in. I drink at least one low sodium V-8 each day, try to snack on baby carrots when I get the munchies, and then anything above this, I feel pretty good. I know it's not enough, but it's more than I ever used to do, and I keep hoping that one day I'll get my act together and just be able to eat veggies rather than going for something else.

I do like the salted frozen edamame from Trader Joe's...you just microwave it a few seconds and it is delicious! Sometimes I even pick up salad fixings on Sundays and prepare them for the next 4 days of work. If I do this and put them in the fridge in the Staff Room on Mondays, I won't even attempt to go out for lunch. I usually get the regular old lettuce mix that has shredded carrots, red cabbage, etc..., or just get the bag of spinach leaves. I then buy the pre-cut mushrooms (because, let's face it, I'm lazy!), sometimes I chop up a bell pepper...I also add kidney or garbanzo beans if I have them handy. I often sprinkle sunflower seeds, soybeans or slivered almonds to add a little texture. Sometimes I throw onions in, but again, depends on my mood and how soon I'm going to be up close and personal with my FI!
31.gif

If I do get the baby spinach, I sometimes slice strawberries and get the canned mandarin oranges, almond slivers and then throw some flaked salmon over it and top it with fat-free poppyseed dressing...this tastes like dessert to me, but I would make it the morning of or right when you're ready to eat it.

I hope some of this helps...try to keep your spirits up and don't get too down on yourself. Keep bugging us for ideas and we'll help you any way we can! Hang in there!

ETA: I am so sorry about the Mother's Day card! I am sad to say I've done the exact same thing...
32.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 11:03:59 PM
Author: Harleigh
Date: 5/6/2008 10:31:07 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Hello everyone!

The Bad News: I am slacking. I am eating donuts and drinking diet coke with it, but somehow I don''t think that makes it ok.
20.gif
I just need to get myself motivated. It''s so dang hard. I just don''t like most foods and I feel like my choices are so limited. Ugh I am so frustrated with myself and eating habits right now. Sigh. I am trying to make myself eat, but with my crazy sleeping habits right now it''s really hard to get more than 2 meals in. I am also just not that hungry and typically rushing around in the mornings, so I end up eating less than I should. Then I end up snacking badly or not eating at all and eating a large dinner. I guess only I can change this, so I need to get to it. We had pizza for dinner, and I feel a bit sick yuck. I just HATE most vegetables, I am such a picky eater. How do you deal with that, force yourself to eat them? Soups help some, but you can only eat so many soups.

The Good News: I haven''t given up!
6.gif

Aww, Sarah, hun...I am so sorry to hear you''re having a rough time. This IS hard...don''t they say that nothing good comes easy? (That person should be smacked, I tell you!
14.gif
) You can DO it! You have worked so hard to pass your exams, and I know you can do this, too.

As for the veggies, it is extremely hard to get a lot of those in. I drink at least one low sodium V-8 each day, try to snack on baby carrots when I get the munchies, and then anything above this, I feel pretty good. I know it''s not enough, but it''s more than I ever used to do, and I keep hoping that one day I''ll get my act together and just be able to eat veggies rather than going for something else.

I do like the salted frozen edamame from Trader Joe''s...you just microwave it a few seconds and it is delicious! Sometimes I even pick up salad fixings on Sundays and prepare them for the next 4 days of work. If I do this and put them in the fridge in the Staff Room on Mondays, I won''t even attempt to go out for lunch. I usually get the regular old lettuce mix that has shredded carrots, red cabbage, etc..., or just get the bag of spinach leaves. I then buy the pre-cut mushrooms (because, let''s face it, I''m lazy!), sometimes I chop up a bell pepper...I also add kidney or garbanzo beans if I have them handy. I often sprinkle sunflower seeds, soybeans or slivered almonds to add a little texture. Sometimes I throw onions in, but again, depends on my mood and how soon I''m going to be up close and personal with my FI!
31.gif

If I do get the baby spinach, I sometimes slice strawberries and get the canned mandarin oranges, almond slivers and then throw some flaked salmon over it and top it with fat-free poppyseed dressing...this tastes like dessert to me, but I would make it the morning of or right when you''re ready to eat it.

I hope some of this helps...try to keep your spirits up and don''t get too down on yourself. Keep bugging us for ideas and we''ll help you any way we can! Hang in there!

ETA: I am so sorry about the Mother''s Day card! I am sad to say I''ve done the exact same thing...
32.gif

Just wanted to say thanks Harleigh!! I am feeling a bit better already.
1.gif
So glad it wasn''t just me about the card thing! I ended up telling my Mom since I already ruined my surpirse, she got a good laugh about it.
37.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That is a good thing! I am sure your mom recognizes the sentiment behind the effort. So glad to hear you''re feeling better!

I am personally feeling very bloated from my Chipotle binge! Ugh!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your input and thoughts regarding the original WT, I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and concerns! We will take it as a compliment if the original thread has inspired you all to do one of your own, and I wish you much success on your new journeys!

If there is one thing I would like to say to you all, as many of you know we are great believers in this mantra on the WWT. If you slip off track, you ALWAYS have the option to get back on your healthier path right away. Remember even if you feel you have messed up so badly, just forgive yourself and get right back on track with the next meal/ choice/ decision. After many years of struggling, this approach has worked so well for many of us, myself included. Just keep right on going, you WILL WIN in the end!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results