shape
carat
color
clarity

SARAH-- and other brides who want to loose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. Look at this thread go!

Okay so, one long thread ot weekly update threads?

I propose that if you are just easing into things, trying to get motivated just post your goals for the day or the week or the HOUR and don't worry about a food diary or an excercise log. Those are great tools for people doing the full monty, but I think it's a good idea to be able to opt out, or to plan to opt IN, but not be there yet.

So for me. I took my metformin last night. Woke up this morning with serious digestive issues. And I only took 1/3 dose. So I'm going to step up over 3 weeks. Adding a third each week.

I promise I will respond to all the wonderful posts about PCOS by PSers afficted, and relaying their experiences, but tonight at home. I just want you to know that this morning I WAS NOT going to take another one. And your posts and support strengthened my resolve to keep taking it, and so the increasing dosage plan. I’m on the control release now, instead of the regular, and my doctor said it should help, so maybe it will and it needs time.

What I ate today:
I’m eating oatmeal as I type. I’m also having tea. No splenda at work today so I’m using sugar. The pink and blue packets give me digestive issues, and I don’t need any help with that this morning.

Working out:

I’m going not working out yet, but we’ll see how today goes.

PLEDGE UPDATES:
My pledge for tomorrow MAY be a walk at lunch or in the evening. Today’s pledge is to keep up the healthier eating (cutting down on portions or bad carbs or both).

How I feel:
Exhausted, my stomach and my bowels feel, well, let's just say "uncertain." But this thread had moved me away from "unhappy and irritated" to just "kinda grumpy"... so that's an improvement.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW THREAD MEMBERS! EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:15:09 PM
Author: Gypsy

So for me. I took my metformin last night. Woke up this morning with serious digestive issues. And I only took 1/3 dose. So I'm going to step up over 3 weeks. Adding a third each week.

good for you gypsy! i'm glad you took your metformin. you know, i had similar issues where i was supposed to take certain medication but didn't and i think part of it was not caring enough about myself. everytime you take that medicine you are showing to yourself that you care about yourself. be kind to yourself, she deserves it.

esp, now that i am with FI i realize that i owe it not just to myself but also to our relationship to keep myself healthy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 8:28:15 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Ahhh, this thread is already moving too fast!
1.gif

Has anyone been on the other side of things, going the complete opposite way from binging/purging? I have food issues, for sure, but never anorexic tendancies. I will say that on occasion, after eating something I shouldn''t or eating too much of a good thing, I''ll wish I could get rid of it. I''ve never done anything about that but the thoughts have definitely been there.
Zoe this portion here is ME, too. I don''t binge and purge. I have food issues, but I''ve never been anorexic. I''ve stopped eating for weeks at a time, but that was in law school in the deepest periods of my depression.

JAMSRING

Rough_Rock
I did not read all the responses, so I am sorry if this has been mentioned. I highly suggest weight watchers. I joined in September and have lost almost 50 pounds. It truely has become a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I hope to lose at least another 25 before my December wedding.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:22:20 PM
Date: 5/1/2008 8:28:15 AM

Author: ZoeBartlett

Ahhh, this thread is already moving too fast!
1.gif

Has anyone been on the other side of things, going the complete opposite way from binging/purging? I have food issues, for sure, but never anorexic tendancies. I will say that on occasion, after eating something I shouldn''t or eating too much of a good thing, I''ll wish I could get rid of it. I''ve never done anything about that but the thoughts have definitely been there.

Zoe this portion here is ME, too. I don''t binge and purge. I have food issues, but I''ve never been anorexic. I''ve stopped eating for weeks at a time, but that was in law school in the deepest periods of my depression.

zoe, i''m the same. i could never do the purging part but i have gone through the eating too much of something and exercise mania. funny thing is that when i was exercising like 2hrs a day, i had a great figure but i didn''t feel all that great about myself. when i started feeling better about myself, it was more through mental/emotional changes than any body changes.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:25:50 PM
Author: JAMSRING
I did not read all the responses, so I am sorry if this has been mentioned. I hightly reccomend weight watchers. I joined in September and have lost almost 50 pounds. It truely has become a lifestyle change and not just a diet. I hope to lose at least another 25 before my December wedding.

i second this. i''ve never done it but i have two relatives who did and wow, it was incredible. my cousin was pretty overweight and i think she must have lost half of full weight. and she looks very healthy and has kept it off for several years now. i did not recognize her when i saw her!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. So I had oatmeal.

I''m still hungry. My short term goal. Do not eat till lunch. After a few days my body will adjust to the smaller portion sizes, and besides I''m not sure if I''m mentally hungry, as in the THOUGHT of dieting is giving me a panic reaction so I want to eat, or if I am really hungry.

SO... no food (tea and water are okay) till lunch.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Woo. Back from my exam. I think I did really well on 2/3rds of it, but I am worried about the last third. Oh well. I tried, that''s what counts I believe.
12.gif

What I''ve Eaten So Far Today!: Juicy juice box..a few sips of caffeine free coke. Some water. Hmm..a dinner roll form last night. And a bowl of corn flakes.

Exercise? Did some stairs and I plan on doing sit-ups later.

Goals? Try to eat at least moderately healthy for dinner and do some sit-ups. Only drink diet coke and water for the rest of the day.

Now I am going to go get some sleep!!
36.gif
I went to bed at 3:30 last night and I fell asleep for a bit, then woke up again around 4:15 and didn''t fall back asleep, so needless to say I am tireeddd!
24.gif
24.gif
Ugh I am so hungry, but too tired to eat. Does anyone else ever just not want to eat or not get hungry sometimes? Sometimes I just forget to eat because I don''t even get hungry. It''s weird.

But anyway, I will be back later everyone, by the way thanks for making me go away last night Harleigh. Hehe. You gave me the extra kick to get back to work!

So great to see everyone joining, welcome, this is so exciting!!
1.gif
I am excited to get my life back on track health-wise. Or maybe on track, not sure if it ever has been.
5.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:35:52 PM
Okay. So I had oatmeal.

I''m still hungry. My short term goal. Do not eat till lunch. After a few days my body will adjust to the smaller portion sizes, and besides I''m not sure if I''m mentally hungry, as in the THOUGHT of dieting is giving me a panic reaction so I want to eat, or if I am really hungry.

hey gypsy, i felt the same way at first. what helped me is to drink water and also to eat something about 1.5 or 2 later like an energy bar. it takes awhile to get used to eating in the morning.

and i think just choosing healthier options and smaller portions is way to ease into a healthier eating.

i tried counting calories and it made me think about food even more and made me hungrier! so i just try to be conscious of my food choices and portions.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Date: 5/1/2008 12:42:20 PM
Author: ringster

Date: 5/1/2008 12:35:52 PM
Okay. So I had oatmeal.

hey gypsy, i felt the same way at first. what helped me is to drink water and also to eat something about 1.5 or 2 later like an energy bar. it takes awhile to get used to eating in the morning.

and i think just choosing healthier options and smaller portions is way to ease into a healthier eating.

i tried counting calories and it made me think about food even more and made me hungrier! so i just try to be conscious of my food choices and portions.
That''s exactly what counting points or calories does to me too!

Sarah get some sleep. You did great, I''m sure!
2.gif

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
What I ate today:
1 oz of turkey pre workout (30 cal)
1 small orange (50 cal)
2 servings of chicken noodle soup (160 cal)
2 oz of turkey wrapped in romaine lettuce (70 cals)

Plan to have
6 oz of chicken (180 cals)
2 cups of veggies (60 cals)
popcorn snack pack (100 cals)
1 cup Frozen yogurt (220)

Working out:
Ran for 1 hour and 15 minutes at the gym before work.
Will do a twenty minute circuit video (Jillian Michaels) after work and possibly a bike ride

How I feel:
VERY PMSy this week. Cried in the closet, on the couch, at the dinner table last night. FI thinks I am a nut but left me a very nice love letter this morning.

Laurenj915

Shiny_Rock
Oh and counting calories doesn''t work for everyone but if I don''t I totally underestimate what I eat. I also have a food scale and measure everything.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I only have 34 days left ''til my elopement day, I''m in too! I''m down 9 pounds since I started seriously trying to lose. I attribute my success mostly to a change in prescription drugs.

I too suffered through SEVERE anxiety and frequent panic attacks through 4 years of law school (evenings) and working full time. I added some weight through the stress of that, but was able to take it off when I started to practice, which lead to horrible anxiety and depression (miserable law firm!) for which I finally got medicated. Yay! I found a better job, but still needed the SSRIs. I''ve tried to stop taking them, but never successfully (very scrary, but another story). My weight has gone up steadily since I''ve been on them. SSRIs can cause unreasonable cravings for carbohydrates (I don''t think you could understand how much unless you''ve been through it). I finally changed to a different medication, plus a drug that is supposed to curb my appetite (it''s not a weight loss drug, but a mood stablizer that has appetite loss as a side effect.)

Now, I''m eating what I want, which is usually perfectly healthy food, reasonable portions, an occasional treat, but those cravings I used to have, the constant feeling of need for sweets is just gone.

My point is that if you''ve been struggling with your weight for years, please look at the whole picture. It took me years to convince my doctor to change my prescription. I have tried for years to take off the weight. I''ve joined WW, several times. I''ve hired personal trainers (really good, very talented personal trainers) and I''ve gotten no where. I would do the workouts, build muscle, but I could not stop myself from eating the carbs.

Sorry this has turned into a mini-confessional for me.
23.gif

My goal: my fitting is on Tuesday. I MUST use my treadclimber tonight! 30 minutes, at least.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I understand. I was on a medication that made me gain weight and once I switched it helped a lot.

There are a few things I do you guys might try.

The first is tea. I mean real tea, not the snapple that is more sugar than tea. I use white tea which is naturally light and slightly sweet so I don''t add anything. Adding sweeteners, especially artificial ones, really kills the health effects. Apperently creamers and milk in tea actually prevent the body from absorbing the antioxidents as well.

Anyway, plain tea tastes better than water, has no calories, is hydrating and caintains a substance that may prevent people from absorbing as many calories to help lose weight.

The second is to eat early. The longer you have to burn calories after you eat, the thinner you will be. I started eating dinner an hour early, that was all I changed and I lost a pound from it.

I also eat of salad plates rather than dinner plates. You brain sees a full plate and feels full when finishing even though you ate less.

I eat desert, but rather than a bowl of Ice cream, I eat one or two peieces of my favorite, expensive chocolate. Since it is something I love, I feel happy having eaten it, but without too many calories.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:03:20 PM
Author: Lauren1116
Oh and counting calories doesn''t work for everyone but if I don''t I totally underestimate what I eat. I also have a food scale and measure everything.
I think it''s wonderful that you''ve found something that works for you Lauren! Keep up the good work!

LovesV-- You are absolutely right about the big picture. I''m on Paxil, and I do wonder if and to what exent that contributes. I''m glad you''ve got your meds adjusted so that they are working for, instead of against you. Good pledge for the day!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 12:21:50 PM
Author: ringster

good for you gypsy! i''m glad you took your metformin. you know, i had similar issues where i was supposed to take certain medication but didn''t and i think part of it was not caring enough about myself. everytime you take that medicine you are showing to yourself that you care about yourself. be kind to yourself, she deserves it.
Thank you for the encouragement ringster. I really appreciate it. I will try to feel deserving of taking care of myself... I think that''s a great philosophy, and I need to come around to it.
2.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 1:31:42 PM

I think it''s wonderful that you''ve found something that works for you Lauren! Keep up the good work!

LovesV-- You are absolutely right about the big picture. I''m on Paxil, and I do wonder if and to what exent that contributes. I''m glad you''ve got your meds adjusted so that they are working for, instead of against you. Good pledge for the day!
You''re on paxil? That''s your problem. I gained almost 15 points on it and couldn''t lose it. That''s a lot of weight for a girl as tiny as I am. I switched to generic celexa, have had no problems and in 6 months the wieght almost completely disappeared. I have now been on the celexa for 2 years with no trouble

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Date: 5/1/2008 1:40:29 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy

Date: 5/1/2008 1:31:42 PM

You''re on paxil? That''s your problem. I gained almost 15 points on it and couldn''t lose it. That''s a lot of weight for a girl as tiny as I am. I switched to generic celexa, have had no problems and in 6 months the wieght almost completely disappeared. I have now been on the celexa for 2 years with no trouble
I don''t know if that my one problem. I think the PCOS is the biggest problem. I''ve been on Paxil for geez, since 2003 when I was in a car accident. And before that for depression in law school. But between being perscribed it in law school and 2003 I wasn''t off of it, and was heavy then too. Plus, none and I mean NONE of my docs who know my full medical history feel its the largest weight loss issue. So, I''m not sure if its contributing, or how much it is contributing. But thanks for relaying your experiences BIH. I do think it''s easy to generalize though especially on a message board, frequently things like weight gain and weight loss have many contributing factors, and are a big picture thing. If you focus too much on one, you may get short terms results, but not long term. Which is why I''m trying to do things different this time. Focus, as LV recommended on it all, my past experiences, my psyche, my other health issues, and yes, the Paxil too. It''s overwelming, but I''ve lost weight before, what I want to do... is not yo yo anymore. That''s a little more complicated for me than just pointing to Paxil. I''m happy that switching off of the Paxil worked so well for you though. That''s wonderful!

Tell me, HOW did they switch you off of Paxil? The process. Last time someone tried to take me off they switched me from Paxil one day to a different med (with a WAY too low dosage) the next, and I ended up in hysterical in the ER. I''m very senstive to Paxil changes, if I forget to take my pills after a few HOURS, I feel the effects. Switching to CR has helped with that, but it still happens. If I miss one day, I can feel the difference, I feel like my skin is too tight, and everything is causing me stress and anxiety. So I''m also scared to get off of it, and the psychiatrist I just fired just kept INCREASING my dosage, then decreasing it, driving me crazy, instead of listening to me and exploring different medication options. I''m looking for a new psychiatrist now, one who will hopefully listen to me.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who are like me and are really just starting today, here is what I''ve eaten and done today!

Breakfast: muffin and small chocolate milk

Lunch: corn chowder with a small piece of bread

No water, no fruit, no veggies. Well maybe some veggies in the soup. Yah - so this is where I''m starting!

Oh, an I''ve been at my desk all day. I walk to work, but it is only about 10 minutes.

Here''s to day one!! :)

Good luck everyone!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i soooo need to be doing this. i''m AWFUL with food. i made dinner for me and FI last night, we stuffed ourselves, then my best friend came over, and after hanging out for a few hours, we went to taco bell at 1 am. i wasn''t even remotely hungry and ate an entire nachos bell grande. plus, i drank an entire pitcher of sweet tea yesterday by myself. i did weight watchers for a while but with the kind of stuff i generally eat, i felt deprived and promptly quit. i think i''ve packed on a lot of weight being with my FI because he''s so good to me, whereas most of exes were spawn of satan. my FI has put on a lot of weight since we''ve been together, which makes me feel terrible because i know that he''s picked up my laziness. i used to be bulimic and was pretty small, so being 5''2" and a size 18 now is very discouraging. i''m afraid that my former habits have damaged my body to the point that i may not be able to lose weight healthily and even if i do, i''ve destroyed my skin''s elasticity, so i''ll have that droopy elephant skin that can only be fixed with surgery that i can''t afford! that was a lot of rambling, but i kind of already feel better just getting some of that out! goal for today: replace my gallon of sweet tea with water, and get off PS and actually do something that requires movement of parts of my person other than my constantly typing hands (if i wind up with carpal tunnel, this website will be a big contributor to that, haha)!!!

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow this thread totally took off! Hello to everyone on here! We are going to motivate each other and it will be fab!

Haven - it seriously is uncanny! (If only my mom shared your mom''s calligraphy talents!) Don''t get me wrong though, I will not be giving up the Chipotle. I will just try not to have it today hehe. Although... I just started vacation from work today and my FI will be home at around noon and we dont have ANYTHING to eat at home so we will have to go somewhere to eat! ;-)

My main thing is that I just dont stop eating when I am full. Mostly because I like the taste of food and want more! I am 5''2" and kinda small-framed so really I should NOT be eating as much as my FI does but I can easily! Also, my FI eats super fast so since we have been together, I have started eating much faster too. And then of course, i don''t feel the fullness until later.

So... my goals: Try to eat SLOWER. Try to stop eating when first get twinges of fullness as it usually takes the body 15 minutes to realize it is full. I can just give the rest of the food to my FI (I hate wasting food) - I can always count on him to eat it!

Oh by the way, I think I will put these goals on hold when I am at the all-inclusive in Puerto Vallarta next week hehe. Is that bad? I just want to relax!

And when I get back, I REALLY want to start exercising at least 4 days a week. I have a gym membership I almost never use and a small gym in my building downstairs with treadmills/ellipticals. I also have a bunch of DVDs for pilates-type stuff. (I bought them all on a shopping binge but I need to get more serious about using them).

I am excited for this thread! Gypsy - we will probably need to do weekly threads because I think it will get HUGE soon.

Yay!!

justwondering

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I''d love to join in also, though I have a slightly reverse issue:

I am naturally tiny, but have extremely low blood pressure. I passed out cold last week (in a mall by myself...needless to say I was humiliated) and was told that I need to start exercising to keep my blood pressure up at a normal level. Also, I am a vegetarian, but was told I need to eat more iron-rich, fatty things...aka, meat.

The problem? I hate to exercise, and never really had to because weight hasn''t been my problem. And, I hate the idea of eating meat...even though I know I should.

I still have 2 months to make sure I don''t pass out at the altar, and I''d love your support as I learn to eat hamburgers :)

xoxo

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Cortney,

We can just assume that one length of your pool is 25 yds. That''s standard, and if it''s a little off, well, no biggie, we''re not competitively training or anything. So 50 yds would be 2 lengths (down & back). so 6 x 50 yds would be 6 down & backs with a rest in between.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thread has taken off. Definitely agree with weekly threads.

Just wondering, we are very happy to support you with any help you need. AmberGretchen has been a vegetarian for a long time, she has no plans to start eating meat, but she might be able to help you if you have some questions.

Well I made it to lunch with no food and was actually fine.
Had a roast beef and avacado on wheat for lunch. Managed to avoid broc/cheese soup for lunch, and mexican... but still think I probably had too many calories. I had some Tera chips and some sparkling water with it.

Goal for rest of the day: 3 more glasses of water/clear liquid (tea counts!) to bring me up to 5. I''m like a camel, so this would be an accomplishment for me. Not worry about calories at lunch. Have a good dinner and TRY to control portions. If I snack, my goal is to keep it as healthy and low cal as possible. Take metformin tonight.

Okay I think I can do that. Have bad heartburn again today. Have had it for 3 weeks now. Should maybe get that checked out sometime.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Mind if I jump in too even though I''m already married?? I''ve gained 20 pounds since the wedding.
20.gif
It''s true that happiness makes you heavy.

I''m glad to see some focus on the "Why" of it all. I''ve only recently really realized where my issues are coming from, and I''ve noticed it because of my sister. My sister is a recovering alcoholic and addict. My addiction is food. Our reasons are much the same. She was a drinker, I''m an eater. We were raised not to "feel". Do you know what I mean? Pretend everything is fine, suppress emotion, work through it? That''s what my mom taught us, and still tells us. And it doesn''t work. When I was upset in college she''d put money in my bank account, so I also have a spending problem. I''m curbing the spending and paying the debt thanks to the economy, but the food is still a problem. And I completely resent my mom for the patterns she taught me. She never exercised EVER. Our meals were casseroles and whatever goopy stuff she threw together, but most of the time we had pizza because she wasn''t home yet. My parents own a company so they worked till 8:30 pm most nights until I was in college when they cut the day off earlier.

ah, so see, lots of issues.

but the thing right now is that last week I went to the ER with chest pains. It wasn''t anything to do with my heart... it was anxiety and tension pure and simple, if it can be. I''ve never had a documented problem with anxiety. I''ve had low levels of SAD, but nothing that was medicated. This was all news to me. And then I realized it''s because I''ve been suppressing again. I didn''t realize how badly I felt. But my pants sure were getting tighter. And to upset me further, when I told my mom about it, she said "well, it''s really easy... you just need to exercise." And I was angry. That hypocrite! She''s never walked around the block in her life. EVER. And I realize she''s seeing that she should have now that she''s dealing with diabetes, but I''m still feeling hurt by it all. As if it''s "do as I say, not as I do." DH feels the same way. His mom is in horrible shape but all she does is pick on him about his weight. And I hate that I weigh more than he does. I don''t tell him that, I can''t, but when he tells me what he weighs I just smile because it''s less than I do.

So this past weekend we started going back to the gym that we''ve been paying for. I''m starting slowly, not trying to kill myself. I know I can''t walk as fast as I could when I did work out regularly. I''ve also found a water aerobics class to go to, and a yoga for weight loss class that a neighbor is going to go to with me. The instructor for that couldn''t walk when he started yoga because he was so heavy, but he''s lost a TON of weight in a relatively quick amount of time. He doesn''t push beyond your limits. I feel encouraged by that.

I think the thing for me is to just keep in mind that life DOES hurt sometimes and food and shopping aren''t the answer. But it''s hard to fix years of patterns and you do stumble and you do fail. But eventually I want to be stumbling in the right direction, not the wrong one.

thanks for listening.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Sumbride...

A) of course you can join.

B) ((HUGS)).

C) We''re here for you. About addiction. It''s not just a hard habit to break, or something you can just wake up and decide your are over and I''m sorry your mom isn''t supportive and that her advice and view points are actually harmful. I have stopped talking to my mother all together about weight. No scratch that. My whole FAMILY about weight. It may help you to do the same, because the more you talk to her the angrier your''ll get, the more you''re tempted to suppress... and so forth.

D) Anxiety is hard. I would start seeing a therapist. Not a doctor, but someone to talk to about how you handle your emotions, your relationship with mom and your feelings of anxiety. I definitely think drugs have their place, but for me therapy is the biggest help. Having someone I trust and feel safe with to talk to and work through issues with, and having that someone completely isolated from my life... so I can be really honest, and not worry about their feelings or anything is a gift.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I know blaming things like meds can be a problem and in my case, it took me years to figure out it was the paxil because I had mono and started college not too long after starting it. But after the mono I started working out and because the cafeteria food was so bad, I actually didn''t eat much and yet I still gained weight. It also caused some sexual side effects I didn''t like which is what first prompted the switch, then my doc told me it might help with the weight as well, which it did.

Anyway, I am one of the rare people who did not have problems coming off paxil. One of my BMs came off it and it was like she was coming off a heroin addiction, it was really bad and I guess that is fairly common with paxil. She switched to celexa, but her doctor had her switch one day paxil and the next celexa for about a week which seemed to help. He also started her on 40 mg when many start on 20. I believe she now takes 60 and doesn''t have a problem, but it was a rough 2 weeks for her. Her weight didn''t change, she switched because of the sexual side effects as well.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! I feel better just spilling the story. I do need a therapist.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hi Girls!

I was hoping that maybe we could start a PCOS discussion over on family health and home? It seems like a lot of us either have it or are interested in it. I know I am!
I''d really like to pick some of your brains/share our experiences, etc.
Of course, since it seems to be a big part of not being able to lose weight it''s inevitable to talk about it here as well...but I was hoping we could have a more thorough discussion about it there too?

I''m going to go start the thread right now. I hope you all will join me!

As for my progress, I didn''t have a slimfast last night but I was STARVING. I always get huge hunger pangs at night, not sure what to do with them. I guess the slimfast was making me feel better because I wasn''t actually "eating" anything. Still...at over 200 calories per drink I might as well have been eating!!!!

Today I''ve had half of a turkey sub left over from yesterday. I''m hoping to do better tonight. My goal for today is to STOP skipping breakfast!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2008 4:08:20 PM
Thread has taken off. Definitely agree with weekly threads.

Just wondering, we are very happy to support you with any help you need. AmberGretchen has been a vegetarian for a long time, she has no plans to start eating meat, but she might be able to help you if you have some questions.

Well I made it to lunch with no food and was actually fine.
Had a roast beef and avacado on wheat for lunch. Managed to avoid broc/cheese soup for lunch, and mexican... but still think I probably had too many calories. I had some Tera chips and some sparkling water with it.

Goal for rest of the day: 3 more glasses of water/clear liquid (tea counts!) to bring me up to 5. I''m like a camel, so this would be an accomplishment for me. Not worry about calories at lunch. Have a good dinner and TRY to control portions. If I snack, my goal is to keep it as healthy and low cal as possible. Take metformin tonight.

Okay I think I can do that. Have bad heartburn again today. Have had it for 3 weeks now. Should maybe get that checked out sometime.
I totally say the same thing about myself! haha well that will be our goal - to drink more water!! How many should we drink each day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results