carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In Orthodox ceremonies the best man holds a crown above the heads of the bridal couple. He crosses his hands as he places the groom's crown above the bride's head and vice versa three times. This (I believe) is the actual moment they become one whole. It's a bad omen to bump the crowns in one another, so the best man has be really careful. Most churches have a small coronet, while others have crowns with arches and velvet caps. In this case crown was hot placed on Victoria's head because of the tiara.
1633086906942.png

The crossing of the crowns at someone else's wedding
1633087744054.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth II's Bulgarian Brooch

Ina Assa, a Bulgarian designer who has worked for some of the household names in fashion has created a brooch inspired by Bulgarian folklore patterns and embroidery. Originally intended for First Lady Desislava Radeva, the brooch was made of silver and Swarovski crystals. It was the First Lady's idea to present the brooch to the British Queen, probably when they met at Buckingham Palace in 2018.

Obviously the brooch is not in The Queen's preferred style and materials, but it's a sweet jewel with an Art Deco vibe.

You can see a couple of pictures (including the original cloth, very popular in Bulgarian homes in the second half of the XX c.) here -https://m.24chasa.bg/ojivlenie/artic...FouJ78DcLhh8n4

1633092156037.png
1633092165706.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
hopefuly not the auction block :(2
im hoping we will see at least some of them at Charlie's coronation (but not for a few good years yet)

The large Cartier kokoshnik was left to the Duke of Gloucester* (her godson):
1633093144818.png
1633092918391.png

The scroll tiara was left to Lady Patricia Ramsay and was sold in 1974 from her estate (a brooch from Princess ML was also in the sale):
1633092631809.png

The third tiara is a bit of a mystery. Not sold, not worn... Not even clear what the stones are...

*Funny story - the tiara was left to Prince Richard for his future bride, but on the condition that Princess Alice, the then Duchess, could wear it until her son's wedding. Princess Alice has commented herself that she never wore the tiara for it's too uncomfortable and difficult to wear. There's a metal band that goes around the head and might be why Birgitta herself wears it rarely.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Wedding banquet in St. Petersburg tonight
Not much to write home about, sadly... A fake tiara on the Duchess of Anju, no tiara for Queen Margarita of Bulgaria, the bride with her borrowed Chaumet tiara.
Most interesting is Grand Duchess Maria with a new kokoshnik in "amethysts" and "pearls"
gettyimages-1235629085-2048x2048~2.jpg

EDIT - The Duchess of Anju is actually wearing a Josefine tiara, also from Chaumet
22167662_QyOIV.jpeg

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna wore large grey pearls at the ceremony:
1633095449478.png

And a traditional ring with cab sapphire. The bride has a similar ring (her e-ring) with ruby:
1633095493107.png

Funny, this type of ring is the traditional ering for noble families in Germany. Actually most women will have several (often sapphire , ruby and emerald) and matching bracelets. I never knew it was a thing for the high aristocracy as well.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Duke and Duchess of Braganza are also at the wedding (the Duke fainted at the ceremony :( ) and they brought their two eldest kids with them, the Prince of Beria and Infanta Maria Francisca.
At the gala the Duchess wore her favourite bandeau and a diamond necklace, which was a wedding gift from the King of Morocco.
gala-for-the-imperial-wedding-of-his-imperial-highness-grand-duke-george-mikhailovich-romanov-...jpg

Tonight's gala is Infanta Maria Francisca 's tiara debut and she didn't disappoint. She wore a simple silver and pearl tiara from a contemporary Portuguese jeweller in addition to pearl earrings and 4 rows of pearls.
gala-for-the-imperial-wedding-of-his-imperial-highness-grand-duke-george-mikhailovich-romanov-...jpg
20211002_002027.jpg

Yasmine Murat, Princess of Ponticorvo also selected a contemporary Chaumet tiara in the classical wreath design
20211002_002045.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wedding banquet in St. Petersburg tonight
Not much to write home about, sadly... A fake tiara on the Duchess of Anju, no tiara for Queen Margarita of Bulgaria, the bride with her borrowed Chaumet tiara.
Most interesting is Grand Duchess Maria with a new kokoshnik in "amethysts" and "pearls"
gettyimages-1235629085-2048x2048~2.jpg

EDIT - The Duchess of Anju is actually wearing a Josefine tiara, also from Chaumet
22167662_QyOIV.jpeg

quite nice
but hope the fur is fake

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Duke and Duchess of Braganza are also at the wedding (the Duke fainted at the ceremony :( ) and they brought their two eldest kids with them, the Prince of Beria and Infanta Maria Francisca.
At the gala the Duchess wore her favourite bandeau and a diamond necklace, which was a wedding gift from the King of Morocco.

Tonight's gala is Infanta Maria Francisca 's tiara debut and she didn't disappoint. She wore a simple silver and pearl tiara from a contemporary Portuguese jeweller in addition to pearl earrings and 4 rows of pearls.
20211002_002027.jpg

Yasmine Murat, Princess of Ponticorvo also selected a contemporary Chaumet tiara in the classical wreath design
20211002_002045.jpg

i quite like those
thank you for these posts @prince.of.preslav

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The married couple
1633084756699.png

I was not too keen on the tiara, and realised it was not due to its design which I believe is lovely and delicate.

It is more to do with her up-do in that the base of the tiara is sitting on her hairline in the front, and does not look right to me personally. Not the best up-do/tiara hair IMHO.

Just my own personal preferences, that's all.

The Duchess of Cambridge's up-do at the premiere of No Time To Die would have been great for a tiara, shame that she did not wear one, however, her dress and earrings more than made up for the lack of a tiara, IMHO.

DK :))

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C95E63AA-2B08-4881-96B6-2505DBA45635.jpeg 0FD9F969-8A9E-4884-965E-930FF22B975A.jpeg Posted these in the Celebrity Rings forum.. here are Meghan and Harry’s wedding bands

Flashback from the past...was the baguette bracelet a gift from Prince Charles? Cartier? I don’t recall ever seeing it worn again.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was not too keen on the tiara, and realised it was not due to its design which I believe is lovely and delicate.

It is more to do with her up-do in that the base of the tiara is sitting on her hairline in the front, and does not look right to me personally. Not the best up-do/tiara hair IMHO.

Just my own personal preferences, that's all.

The Duchess of Cambridge's up-do at the premiere of No Time To Die would have been great for a tiara, shame that she did not wear one, however, her dress and earrings more than made up for the lack of a tiara, IMHO.

DK :))

we need ornate bejeweled hair oriments to become a thing again (along with its sister, the brooch)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The large Cartier kokoshnik was left to the Duke of Gloucester* (her godson):
1633093144818.png
1633092918391.png

The scroll tiara was left to Lady Patricia Ramsay and was sold in 1974 from her estate (a brooch from Princess ML was also in the sale):
1633092631809.png

The third tiara is a bit of a mystery. Not sold, not worn... Not even clear what the stones are...

*Funny story - the tiara was left to Prince Richard for his future bride, but on the condition that Princess Alice, the then Duchess, could wear it until her son's wedding. Princess Alice has commented herself that she never wore the tiara for it's too uncomfortable and difficult to wear. There's a metal band that goes around the head and might be why Birgitta herself wears it rarely.

its a shame that little baby didnt grow up to wear it (im assuming her and her siblings are who sold it)
its so beautiful, perhaps it could have been sympathetically modified to be more comfortable

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
its a shame that little baby didnt grow up to wear it (im assuming her and her siblings are who sold it)
its so beautiful, perhaps it could have been sympathetically modified to be more comfortable

The little baby hasn't worn it, but her mother is certainly wearing it from time to time. The Duke and Duchess even loaned it to a Certier exhibition a couple of years in Canberra.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
we need ornate bejeweled hair oriments to become a thing again (along with its sister, the brooch)

Thinking of the Bernadottes of Sweden and Charlene at the wedding reception, there are some remnants of the bejewelled hair ornament today :)
Maxima does it too sometimes,but is should become the norm - if long gown but no tiaras, then hair ornament.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Flashback from the past...was the baguette bracelet a gift from Prince Charles? Cartier? I don’t recall ever seeing it worn again.

I'm under the impression than the earrings and bracelet were hers prior to the wedding. What Charles might have given Meghan is anyone's guess.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of the Bernadottes of Sweden and Charlene at the wedding reception, there are some remnants of the bejewelled hair ornament today :)
Maxima does it too sometimes,but is should become the norm - if long gown but no tiaras, then hair ornament.

i was really hoping when one of the York ladies wore those victorian ears of wheat to her wedding reception it would kick start a trend in the younger ones

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco
hope she is trully on the mend now, she's had such a bad run with her ENT problems the poor thing
Screenshot_20211003-204618.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results