shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Given the Parma connection, I find it extremely likely that these bracelets eventually passed to Infanta Alicia. If I'm not mistaken, some of the jewels in the Bourbon-Parma auction (Nov 2018 ) were also photographed in 1909 (the pearls) and the late Infanta was seen wearing a similar bracelet here:
1631100030473.png

Her mother Duchess Marie-Anne of Parma (most likely )wore the bracelets as choker at the coronation of Emperor Karl and Empress Zita in 2016.
1631100187728.png

they had such beautiful hair in those days

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Semi-royal wedding alert!

Flora Ogilvy, granddaughter of Princess Alexandra of Kent, had her religious wedding to Timothy Vesterberg today. Flora and Timothy were previously married civilly last September in a low key ceremony.

Today's wedding was a mush larger and glittering gathering at St James's Church in Piccadilly, attended by many of the British royals.

Flora proudly wore her grandmother's tiara in its pearl setting - the first time Princess Alexandra has loaned it to somebody else! Just like at the civil wedding, Flora wore her grannie's pearl drop earrings.
1631299012839.jpeg

Her mother Julia (barely visible on the right) donned a pair of lovely diamond pendant earrings also from Princess Alexandra's collection.
1631298957223.jpeg

Princess Alexandra was true to herself and were some old favourites - the pearl choker with the lozenge clasp, the pearl cluster earrings and clematis brooch.
1631299161534.jpeg

The Kent branch was well represented at the wedding - her brother Edward (The Duke) and sister-in-law Marie Christine (Princess Michael), as well as their children attended.
Princess Michael wore a favourite pair of earrings- the star sapphires and a long necklace:
1631299386231.png

Also present were Lady Helen Taylor in layered necklaces and her friend (and cousin) Sophie, the Princess of Windisch-Graetz in pearl buttons:
1631299658769.jpeg

Lady St. Andrews (in pearls) and daughter Lady Amelia Windsor were among the guests, too. Note Sylvana's large sapphire engagement ring :)
1631299759874.jpeg

Lady Gabriella wore some large greenish blue stones, maybe aquamarines?
1631299854065.jpeg

And last but not least - we've got the adorable Sophie Wessex. Her brooch was an early present from Prince Edward (1st wedding anniversary?), the earrings I think are from Links of London, while the large aquamarine ring is a newer addition to her collection.
1631299920249.jpeg

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
September is an GREAT month for royal jewellery watching - a grand wedding, state visit with new jewels and now a new revelation!

Vincent Meylan has shared an important pair of diamond collet bracelets from the collection of Queen Marie Antoinette. The bracelets have an interesting story and will be sold at auction by Christie's this November.

Wow. Just wow. That Instagram post was fascinating.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
India Hicks marries partmer of 25 years :kiss2: (maybe there is hope fot me after all) David Flint Wood
India is Prince Charles God daughter and was a bridesmaid at Charles and Di's wedding, she is the grandaughter of Lord Louie Manhattan, Prince Philip's uncle
image (1).jpeg image (2).jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Hicks’s wedding dress is stunning! Love the oh so pale blue pumps too. Hope to see more pics as they are released. Thanks for posting.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
India Hicks marries partmer of 25 years :kiss2: (maybe there is hope fot me after all) David Flint Wood
India is Prince Charles God daughter and was a bridesmaid at Charles and Di's wedding, she is the grandaughter of Lord Louie Manhattan, Prince Philip's uncle
image (1).jpeg image (2).jpeg

Marlene has some lovely photos on her blog. Note the very large bow brooch on Lady Pamela, which resembles the Queen's Dorset Bow Brooch.

ETA - a pity she didn't wear her mother's tiara, but maybe she thought it would be out of place on a 54 y.o. bride.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Multiple weddings and a state visit...maybe life can get back to normal!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
With her love for VCA, charm bracelets and pearl projects, I think Camilla would be a great addition to the Pricescope family :D
and she stacks :kiss2:
and she loves her Nelson NZ made Jens Hansen golden kiwi necklase:kiss2: - that she stacks :kiss2:
plus we are nice here =)2

you would be very welcome ma'am

- but we would be requesting a lot of photos (squeals with anticipation :lol:)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
and she stacks :kiss2:
and she loves her Nelson NZ made Jens Hansen golden kiwi necklase:kiss2: - that she stacks :kiss2:
plus we are nice here =)2

you would be very welcome ma'am

- but we would be requesting a lot of photos (squeals with anticipation :lol:)

Will you write her an email with a link to sign up? :razz:

And yes, we'll need photos and info! Just imagine the things Cams will be able to tell us about the jewels!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pics of Duchess Cate at her brother’s wedding? Interesting that the ER was sapphire and diamond. maybe now an ongoing family tradition?

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
while we are focusing on weddings and royal relations
James Middleton and Alizee Theven

Art Deco. Sapphire. Solitaire. The things I love about that engagement ring. Congrats to James and Alizee.

PS the doggo is adorable, too

while we are focusing on weddings and royal relations
James Middleton and Alizee Thevene Screenshot_20210916-103708.png

I really love sapphire engagement rings. That's what I wanted....sigh.... Anyhow, its hard to tell, but is Mrs. Middleton's a darker sapphire? I love all the different blues, but it seems that there is love of the darker blue stones in the UK, or is it just my imagination? It is lovely regardless!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any pics of Duchess Cate at her brother’s wedding? Interesting that the ER was sapphire and diamond. maybe now an ongoing family tradition?

i havn't seen a thing
Everdently the 3 royal kiddies all attended
Kate is always very polite attending other brides' weddings
not usually wearing new outfits and not drawing attention to herself as its the bride's day
but a family shot would be nice

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

From Hello! Magazine:

"HELLO! is making a donation to James’s charity Pets As Therapy in exchange for these exclusive photographs. Visit petsastherapy.org.

For the full wedding album and interview, pick up a copy of this week’s issue of HELLO!, on sale from Monday 20th September."

I guess any photos of the Cambridges will be in the magazine + the Middleton family album ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I really love sapphire engagement rings. That's what I wanted....sigh.... Anyhow, its hard to tell, but is Mrs. Middleton's a darker sapphire? I love all the different blues, but it seems that there is love of the darker blue stones in the UK, or is it just my imagination? It is lovely regardless!

Not a gem expert (for PS standards), but aren't Burma sapphires darker than Ceylon and Kashmir ones? The origin of the stones might account for the darker blue, in addition to personal preferences and budget.
Personally, I'm rather fond of darker stones in solitaires, be it sapphires, emeralds or rubies (and also yellow diamonds).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Coloured stone engagement rings are common in France, maybe that's part of the background... Interestingly enough I thought I might have avoided a sapphire myself when my sister had THE MOST iconic sapphire ring in the world ATM .
But I think it speaks for their relationship. No sibling concurrence

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From Hello! Magazine:

"HELLO! is making a donation to James’s charity Pets As Therapy in exchange for these exclusive photographs. Visit petsastherapy.org.

For the full wedding album and interview, pick up a copy of this week’s issue of HELLO!, on sale from Monday 20th September."

I guess any photos of the Cambridges will be in the magazine + the Middleton family album ;-)

its cool the bride wore Mrs Middleton's wedding dress
that's a sure way not to be compaired to the other two (i mean our future Queen and her sister ;)2 )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
from the Chelsea flower show
held for the first time in Autumn so no Queen as she is in Scotland
Pr Screenshot_20210921-102729.png Prince Edward looking so much like his 2nd cousin, the other Prince Edward Duke of Kent Screenshot_20210921-103241.png
Ann - dont know who that bloke is - it doesn't look anything like Tim

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20210921-103133.png Prince and Princess Micheal
Prince Micheal looking like his grandad George V
TELEMMGLPICT000197892541_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqebBoPjfNj7t-es1bOVq-3Q4f3PF2I7tbJ_SqBDjeO6Y.jpeg

It seems Sophie is not wearing hose and she is wearing wedge heel…both looked upon with disfavor from the Queen…. Plus what is that purse she is wearing? It looks like vintage 1970s. But that being said I think she is so pretty.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just for the record im much better with princesses and princes than i am with actors and actresses :lol-2:

....getting my Judy Denchs mixed up with my Helen Merrins :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results