shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Two more photos from last night. The second one isn't great, but I love pics of clasps and the diamond here looks gorgeous!
It's also nice to enjoy the settings of the collets and the large pinkish rose-cut.
gettyimages-1233820988-2048x2048~2.jpg gettyimages-1233819595-2048x2048~2.jpg

This was absolutely delightful!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why wouldn’t Kitty Spencer wear the Spencer tiara on her wedding day? I think that tiara is one of the prettiest.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Why wouldn’t Kitty Spencer wear the Spencer tiara on her wedding day? I think that tiara is one of the prettiest.

There are two opinions I've read (and agree with):
1st - Wearing the Spencer tiara would've distracted from the BVLGARI jewels she was loaned for the occasion (Lady Kitty is an ambassador for the brand).
2nd - Lord Spencer is not happy with the betrothal and thus didn't loan it to his daughter. He also didn't attend the occasion.

Might be either of these or a combination of them. Also, she might have wanted to avoid the comparison with her last aunt.

1628668287253.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
We've got new faces starring in the upcoming season of The Crown!

Actress Marcia Warren makes a convincing QEQM in the Greville tiara and Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond necklace (the brooch must've been a loan for the Gillies Ball ;)2):
1629875593652.png

The new Princess Margaret is Lesley Manville, sporting the Lotus tiara and Cartier ruby flower brooch:
1629875657086.png

We even have Emma Laird Craig as Fergie in understated jewels: 1629875739566.png

Former Harry Potter and Downton Abbey star Imelda Staunton is the new Queen. No pics in grand jewels yet, but she's not new to wearing a tiara. I really loved her emeralds in DA :kiss2:
1629875929204.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
There are two opinions I've read (and agree with):
1st - Wearing the Spencer tiara would've distracted from the BVLGARI jewels she was loaned for the occasion (Lady Kitty is an ambassador for the brand).
2nd - Lord Spencer is not happy with the betrothal and thus didn't loan it to his daughter. He also didn't attend the occasion.

Might be either of these or a combination of them. Also, she might have wanted to avoid the comparison with her last aunt.

1628668287253.png

Anyone else getting Mini-Cameo vibes?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo...I haven't been on a lot lately. Here's what's been happening...

1. The Heir Apparent went back to university. His landlord backed out on the apartment lease a week before move-in. We had to take legal action. He now has his apartment and moved in.

2. School started. I don't really need to elaborate there, do I? It is just as crazy as the start of last school year. I have vowed to wear one of my tiaras every Monday.

3. Brother-in-law has been in and out of hospital with Covid. Mother-in-law is still in hospital with Covid. Father-in-law went to the emergency room today. The Lord of the Manor is heading out of state to be with them and coordinate.

I'm kind of done with the constant level of crisis that seems to be surrounding me right now.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

1. The Heir Apparent went back to university. His landlord backed out on the apartment lease a week before move-in. We had to take legal action. He now has his apartment and moved in.

2. School started. I don't really need to elaborate there, do I? It is just as crazy as the start of last school year. I have vowed to wear one of my tiaras every Monday.

3. Brother-in-law has been in and out of hospital with Covid. Mother-in-law is still in hospital with Covid. Father-in-law went to the emergency room today. The Lord of the Manor is heading out of state to be with them and coordinate.

I'm kind of done with the constant level of crisis that seems to be surrounding me right now.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunate summer, m'lady! Hope you'll have a more relaxed autumn and a good school year (the tiaras will help, I'm sure!) despite all of this.

On another note, doesn't time fly? The Hair Apparent is at uni already and I remember the Princess of Puke tiara stories...

Wishing your in laws a speedy recovery and I hope they'll be home soon :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In better news - The Queen of Denmark is on her usual cruise around the West Coast of Denmark on board the Royal Yacht Dannebrog. The other day HM stopped at Esbjerg and visited my company's HQ. She was shown around the factory by our CEO, who called her ''an attentive and interested royal guest''.

The Queen wore a lovely oval brooch in diamonds and calibre-cut sapphires and her lovely heart-shaped earrings with rubies and diamonds*.
Dronningebesøg ankomst og karet_12.jpg rubyearrings.PNG sapphire brooch.PNG

*thanks to the visit in HQ, these are the best pics of the jewels I've seen so far

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wishing you and your family the best, @LadyMaria

I have said it already and will say it again: I'm so jealous of your pupils, I'd love to have you as a blinged out teachers for.my Children ! What a joy that would be!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In better news - The Queen of Denmark is on her usual cruise around the West Coast of Denmark on board the Royal Yacht Dannebrog. The other day HM stopped at Esbjerg and visited my company's HQ. She was shown around the factory by our CEO, who called her ''an attentive and interested royal guest''.

The Queen wore a lovely oval brooch in diamonds and calibre-cut sapphires and her lovely heart-shaped earrings with rubies and diamonds*.

*thanks to the visit in HQ, these are the best pics of the jewels I've seen so far

Gahhh, my favourite royal!! Were you able to sneak yourself right into the welcome committee??

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about your misfortunate summer, m'lady! Hope you'll have a more relaxed autumn and a good school year (the tiaras will help, I'm sure!) despite all of this.

On another note, doesn't time fly? The Hair Apparent is at uni already and I remember the Princess of Puke tiara stories...

Wishing your in laws a speedy recovery and I hope they'll be home soon :)

BA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Ah yes, the Princess of Puke. I needed that laugh! Thank you Prince! I am going to wear one of my own creations next Monday, but the Princess of Puke and and Princess of Packing are probably going to be the next two in the rotation.

The Heir Apparent was around 9 years old at the time! And not only is he at university now, he's graduating in the spring!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Ah yes, the Princess of Puke. I needed that laugh! Thank you Prince! I am going to wear one of my own creations next Monday, but the Princess of Puke and and Princess of Packing are probably going to be the next two in the rotation.

The Heir Apparent was around 9 years old at the time! And not only is he at university now, he's graduating in the spring!

I just realised that I've been around here for some 13 years and I was younger than your son is now!
I'm so happy that you and a few others have stuck to Pricescope!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Gahhh, my favourite royal!! Were you able to sneak yourself right into the welcome committee??

No, sadly... I work on the other side of Europe, far from HQ.
A colleague I work with tried to take a selfie, but The Queen walked too fast past him and "probably didn't even notice me".

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, sadly... I work on the other side of Europe, far from HQ.
A colleague I work with tried to take a selfie, but The Queen walked too fast past him and "probably didn't even notice me".

Well but it still *feels* rather close, doesn't it?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i hope all the covid patients are getting better and no one else gets it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

thank you so much for posting this
its like a tiny bit of almost normality
i very much admire HM

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So sorry prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In better news, Part 2

Princess Maria Anunciata of Liechtenstein married Emanuele Musini in Vienna last weekend. A true royal wedding with beautiful jewels, an heirloom tiara, huge turnout and a reception in one of the family palaces!

The bride, a niece of both the Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, wore the mighty fringe tiara from the Princely collection and pearl drop earrings, which her mother had worn at her own wedding:
1631015583640.png
1631015610466.png

Her mother, Princess Margaretha, wore a pair of diamond daisy earrings, which she inherited from her late aunt Queen Fabiola of Belgium:
1631015819866.png

Her aunt Princess Sibila of Luxembourg wore a pair of cab emerald drop earrings. They might be an heirloom from her own grandmother, Infant Beatriz of Spain.
1631015933636.png

In the evening there was a reception in the Liechtenstein Garden Palace in Vienna, which houses the Liechtenstein Collection and operates as a private museum.

Princess Margaretha wore her mother's aquamarine earrings and bangle. (A missed opportunity to shine with the maching necklace or her own sapphires, methinks)
1631016041252.png

...while the lady of the night chose to also honour her maternal heritage and wore the Vine Leaves tiara from the Grand Ducal collection!
1631016166135.png
1631016188172.png

There were a lot more people present (members of other royal families, the Casiraghis of Monaco, etc), but I think these were the most noteworthy jewels on display.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In better news, Part 3

Starting today, the Swedish royal family is hosting a state visit from their German friends.
This means that we're about to enjoy some Swedish bling and the ladies didn't disappoint right from the start!

Queen Silvia wore her favourite twisted pearl necklace and ruby bead earrings:
1631017131841.png

Victoria wore some lovely pearl drop pieces from the Bernadotte collection.
1631017215435.png 1631017242212.png

Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip joined them for lunch at the palace and will likely join the dinner tonight.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
In better news, Part 2

Princess Maria Anunciata of Liechtenstein married Emanuele Musini in Vienna last weekend. A true royal wedding with beautiful jewels, an heirloom tiara, huge turnout and a reception in one of the family palaces!

The bride, a niece of both the Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg, wore the mighty fringe tiara from the Princely collection and pearl drop earrings, which her mother had worn at her own wedding:
1631015583640.png
1631015610466.png

Her mother, Princess Margaretha, wore a pair of diamond daisy earrings, which she inherited from her late aunt Queen Fabiola of Belgium:
1631015819866.png

Her aunt Princess Sibila of Luxembourg wore a pair of cab emerald drop earrings. They might be an heirloom from her own grandmother, Infant Beatriz of Spain.
1631015933636.png

In the evening there was a reception in the Liechtenstein Garden Palace in Vienna, which houses the Liechtenstein Collection and operates as a private museum.

Princess Margaretha wore her mother's aquamarine earrings and bangle. (A missed opportunity to shine with the maching necklace or her own sapphires, methinks)
1631016041252.png

...while the lady of the night chose to also honour her maternal heritage and wore the Vine Leaves tiara from the Grand Ducal collection!
1631016166135.png
1631016188172.png

There were a lot more people present (members of other royal families, the Casiraghis of Monaco, etc), but I think these were the most noteworthy jewels on display.

This Royal Wedding certainly perked up my weekend!

Everyone has been discharged from the hospital, so hopefully we are on the upswing! Mom was the last one and she went home last night!

Many thanks for your prayers and thoughts!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In better news, Part 3

Starting today, the Swedish royal family is hosting a state visit from their German friends.
This means that we're about to enjoy some Swedish bling and the ladies didn't disappoint right from the start!

Queen Silvia wore her favourite twisted pearl necklace and ruby bead earrings:
1631017131841.png

Victoria wore some lovely pearl drop pieces from the Bernadotte collection.
1631017215435.png 1631017242212.png

Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Philip joined them for lunch at the palace and will likely join the dinner tonight.

Bling-bling news from Stockholm!

Queen Silvia must've been busy during lockdown rearranging the family jewels. Tonight she debuted a new pair of emerald earrings made of two spare clusters from the large Napoleonic necklace.
The necklace was originally a belt (with the large brooch as buckle) and was converted into the present jewel for Queen Sofia, but it's the King's mother who is most associated with it. It was one of the first Bernadotte pieces Queen Silvia wore, but she had (at least) two of the clusters removed in the last 15 years.
gettyimages-1235108409-2048x2048~2.jpg

In not-so-surprising-but-still-sparkly news - Crown Princess Victoria wore the Connaught tiara, floral earrings, the lovely Ruby brooch and a simple diamond riviere. Note the bracelet - this must be the back chain from the Ruby necklace/tiara in the collection! (another first tonight)
gettyimages-1235108172-2048x2048~2.jpg

Princess Sofia was not present.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bling-bling news from Stockholm!

Queen Silvia must've been busy during lockdown rearranging the family jewels. Tonight she debuted a new pair of emerald earrings made of two spare clusters from the large Napoleonic necklace.
The necklace was originally a belt (with the large brooch as buckle) and was converted into the present jewel for Queen Sofia, but it's the King's mother who is most associated with it. It was one of the first Bernadotte pieces Queen Silvia wore, but she had (at least) two of the clusters removed in the last 15 years.
gettyimages-1235108409-2048x2048~2.jpg

In not-so-surprising-but-still-sparkly news - Crown Princess Victoria wore the Connaught tiara, floral earrings, the lovely Ruby brooch and a simple diamond riviere. Note the bracelet - this must be the back chain from the Ruby necklace/tiara in the collection! (another first tonight)
gettyimages-1235108172-2048x2048~2.jpg

Princess Sofia was not present.

HM looks looks nothing short of majestic!
Good for her !

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
September is an GREAT month for royal jewellery watching - a grand wedding, state visit with new jewels and now a new revelation!

Vincent Meylan has shared an important pair of diamond collet bracelets from the collection of Queen Marie Antoinette. The bracelets have an interesting story and will be sold at auction by Christie's this November.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Given the Parma connection, I find it extremely likely that these bracelets eventually passed to Infanta Alicia. If I'm not mistaken, some of the jewels in the Bourbon-Parma auction (Nov 2018 ) were also photographed in 1909 (the pearls) and the late Infanta was seen wearing a similar bracelet here:
1631100030473.png

Her mother Duchess Marie-Anne of Parma (most likely )wore the bracelets as choker at the coronation of Emperor Karl and Empress Zita in 2016.
1631100187728.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results