shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Royal wedding of the weekend 1
HRH The Duke of Noto, heir to the headship of the Two Sicilies throne, and the Lady Charlotte Lindesay-Bethune warried today in a splendid ceremony in Palermo, Italy.

Marlene has some fantastic photos on her blog, graciously provided by Guy Stair Sainty, who is close to the Bourbon Dos Sicilias family.

Lady Charlotte wore a Lindsay family heirloom tiara. The tiara was worn as a necklace by her mother in 2013:
TD13JM_1246.jpeg

The Duchess of Calabria (mother of the groom) wore diamond button brooches and earrings, which served as her own wedding tiara! These come from Archduchess Maria Christina, Duchess of Teschen and thus date from the 18th century.
Noto20~2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Royal wedding of the weekend 2

Princess Marie-Astrid of Liechtenstein wed Ralph Worthington at the Orbetello Cathedral in Capalbio.
View attachment 854386

Some pics were taken by Sophie, the Princess of Windisch-Graetz (she was also at Flora Ogilvy's wedding)

Interestingly, Princess Marie-Astrid borrowed the Kinsky tiara, which her uncle The Prince of Liechtenstein bought for her now dead aunt Marie. The tiara had only been worn by Fürstin Marie and the other ladies from the main branch of the family.

Fürst Hans-Adam also attended the nuptials, the first social event since his wife passed away.

Last edited:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In non-royal-wedding news - Crown Princess Mary (together with her dashing hubby) attended the Crown Prince Couple's Prize 2021. The Crown Princess wore her newish beautiful emerald earrings. They were first seen a couple of years ago.
_lhl9202w.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Maybe one of the most impressive jewels at Marie-Astrid's wedding , bar the tiara, was her aunt's emerald bead torsade necklace. Princess Isabelle has a rather limited collection and it's usually modern pieces. This one is among her better ones.

1632742745610.png

ETA - This is great gallery of the guests, there are some lovely jewels, like the sapphire earrings the bride's mother wore.

Last edited:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The picture got me wondering - do you think the tassels are detachable? If worn with just one, maybe it can be tuned back to front?
Something like this one
prince-michael-of-kent-leaves-st-georges-chapel-in-windsor-castle-with-his-wife-princess-micha...jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Don't think I've seen something on Twitter I agree with more (complete with tiara, pls)!
Screenshot_20210926_003622~2.png

Wait...that's the Order of the Elephant.? I guess the Duchess of Cambridge will get that when she becomes Queen Consort, but I would rather see this with the Order of the Garter.

And tiara. Definitely needs a tara.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (mother of Maria Anunciata and Marie-Astrid) doesn't have a large jewellery collection. One of her most important pieces is dainty sapphire and diamond convertible necklace/tiara, which she has worn sparsely over the years. The last time it was photographed on her was in 2001 during celebrations for Henri and Maria Teresa's 20th wedding anniversary.
The princess also has a matching pair of pendant earrings.

1632837814360.png

At the pre-wedding of Infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar:
1632837913133.png

In 2001:

1632837968292.png

Most recently, the Princess has borrowed from the Grand Ducal collection when a tiara is required and she has a strong preference for smaller tiaras (and jewels in general).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
at the new 007 premier
i saw this on the news and in motion Kate looked really beautiful in this outfit
i would have liked a necklas (because i like more is more on my princesses)
Camilia looked quite lovelly too
Blank 1280 x 720 (32).jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
from the Hello magazine website

Camilla rocked her Van Cleef & Arpels earrings and also wore Princess Marie Louise's Diamond Sunburst brooch for the first time. Exquisite!
Screenshot_20210929-213204.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It was movie night for the Windsors yesterday!
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were joined by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge for the screening of 'No time to die' - the new film from the 007 series and the last one to star Daniel Craig - at the Royal Albert Hall.

Everyone was dressed to the nines and the ladies brought some royal sparkle.
The Duchess of Cornwall wore her favourite Alhambra earrings with tennis bracelet, but more interesting was was her brooch (slightly obscured on the sequined gown). This a family heirloom dating back to (at least) Princess Marie-Louise, a granddaughter of Queen Victoria. She notably wore it at the 1937 and 1953 Coronations before bequeathing it to Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother in 1956. Queen Elizabeth (QEQM) wore it a few times in the 1960's before the brooch fell into oblivion for half a century.
gettyimages-1343663268-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1343608329-2048x2048~2.jpg

The Duchess of Cambridge sparkled in a sequin Jenny Packham gown with a built-in cape (so regal!). She didn't go for heirloom jewellery, instead opting for kundan earrings first worn during a tour of Pakistan.
GettyImages has a great close up here.
gettyimages-1343625816-2048x2048~2.jpg
gettyimages-1343663351-2048x2048~2.jpg

On a personal note, I can't wait to see the film tomorrow (though I'll probably stick to jeans)! As Daniel Craig said "I really genuinely didn't think we'd get here, but we are..."

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
i'd been waiting for you to post it

this i was definatly hoping you would find this !
thank you
how did Camilia come to aquire it
Did Charlie buy it for her or was it the Queen Mum's?

Dearest Mama gave/loaned it to Cams. The line of descent of the brooch should be something along those lines:
Given to Queen Victoria in 1937 > loaned to the Duchess of Connaught in 1896 > bequeathed to Princess Helena by Queen Victoria > inherited by her two daughters in 1923 > bequeathed to Queen Elizabeth in 1956 > passed to The Queen in 2002 > loaned to Camilla in 2021

Princess Helena Victoria in Stockholm (right behind Pcss Ingrid), 1935
1632923092086.png

Queen Elizabeth in 1960 (de Gaulle's State Visit)
1632923131906.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this makes me feel optimistic for the medium term future of HM's brooch collection

but im not sure how much fashion influence a Queen Camilia/ Princess consort will have at her age (im sorry Cam, i feel bad saying that) as i want to see the brooch make a high street come back and dearest Kate could be doing much to help and to a lesser extend Sophie and the York sisters
Pin one on wee Charlotte - that would be the ticket !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
see this
its a great picture
but you know what its missing ?
a spider brooch
there must surley be one tucked away in a sock drawer at Buck palace somewhere Screenshot_20210930-125307.png

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also see her VCA bracelet peeking out on her right wrist -and is that a EC/baguette channel set diamond tennis bracelet on her left wrist to match her channel set EC/baguette Engagement ring? They both ladies look amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results