shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
@LadyMaria , sorry to disappoint you, but there are matching earrings ;)2

How on Earth did I miss those earrings?!?!?! I remember that event...I thought the dress was perfect for that necklace! I I adore the Court Jeweller (are you following the latest Tiara Tournament, Prince?) and surely I saw that post?!?!?

Or I did see it, but it was two years ago and old age has impacted my memory...

Still needs a tiara and bracelet to make a parure...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How on Earth did I miss those earrings?!?!?! I remember that event...I thought the dress was perfect for that necklace! I I adore the Court Jeweller (are you following the latest Tiara Tournament, Prince?) and surely I saw that post?!?!?

I just found it randomly surfing the net (ok i often google royal family news to try to find out non-gossipy stuff)
I am princess Daisy over there
Because i love Queen Margrethe and her slightly eccentric style
And Margrethe is a daisy and she had that nic name when younger
I shell have to pay closer attention and work out who you two ladies are over there
i try not to be overly critical because it just doesn't seem respectful to me when we are so nice here about each other's jewlery to then criticize the HOS's jewlery and i like the Burmese ruby tiara and the Brazilian aquas :lol:

471eec09c55a9ce785c38f732ed7a2b7.jpg

Last edited:

Beldara

Rough_Rock
Trade
Speaking of Princess Diana - her famous ring...

prvaciglo07710156oy.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Ah yes, the dress and set are a match made in heaven! I think a delicate diamond tiara, like the base of the pearl spike tiara or the wreath one, would look very nice with the set. A complete parure would be a bit too much (too much blue).

Of course I follow the Court Jeweller! I don't do comments, but I make sure I vote in the tournaments and mostly get the winners :)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were on an official visit to Greece to attend the bicentenary celebrations for the country's liberation.
Last evening there was a State Dinner at the former Royal Palace in Athens. The Duchess wore a sparkly rondelle necklace and matching earrings (+ the Kiwi pendant).

1616682230539.png

An engagement at the renovated National Portrait Gallery provided us with a close up of the pearl drop earrings and a creative face/ID mask
1616682467389.png

Today, at the actual celebrations, HRH wore the pretzel brooch and Queen Elizabeth's 3-row pearl necklace with the diamond clasp.
1616682349186.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if it made it here, but a tiara formerly in the collection of Princess Eugenie of Greece and Denmark was actioned at Hindman Auctions. The tiara, known as the Radzwill tiara, was made in the second half of the 19th century for Princess Dolores Radziwill and was worn by Princess Eugenie at her wedding to Prince Dominik in 1938.
Since then, the tiara has been a bit of a mystery and had not been seen in decades before the December 2020 auction. At the time it was revealed that the 7 largest diamonds had been replaced with pastes by a previous owner.

More on the tiara can be found here

Anyway, the story of the tiara isn't the reason behind the post. I was looking at some pictures from Victoria Romanova Bettarini's interview with Point de View about her choice of Chaumet on Royal Musings and noticed another familiar shape among the tiara choices!
It seems that Chaumet have purchased the tiara for their collection and have removed the pastes!
The maker has never been publicly known, but maybe this acquisition confirms that it's Chaumet?

1616756037359.png

At least two other tiara appear to share a similar design, as seen in this photograph of Chaumet designs - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c2/a2/00/c2a2006387dfa5f4cfaa2719a0591a3c.jpg

It would be interesting to see if it will be included in an upcoming exhibition.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were on an official visit to Greece to attend the bicentenary celebrations for the country's liberation.
Last evening there was a State Dinner at the former Royal Palace in Athens. The Duchess wore a sparkly rondelle necklace and matching earrings (+ the Kiwi pendant).

1616682230539.png

An engagement at the renovated National Portrait Gallery provided us with a close up of the pearl drop earrings and a creative face/ID mask
1616682467389.png

Today, at the actual celebrations, HRH wore the pretzel brooch and Queen Elizabeth's 3-row pearl necklace with the diamond clasp.
1616682349186.png

I am overjoyed at this return to some normality (very glamouse masks)
And she loves that golden kiwi for layering as seen in your top photo
i think an appropriate level of bling durring a time when a lot of the world is still dealing with the uncertainty of the pandemic

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled on this photo of Princess Tatiana Radziwill from 1964 wearing Queen Sofia of Sweden's pear spike and star tiara! Maybe it was loaned to her for an event celebrating the upcoming wedding between Princess Anne-Marie and King Constantine II in Copenhagen that year.
The tiara currently belongs to Princess Benedikte of Denmark and has been loaned to Queen Anne-Marie at least once.

Princess Tatiana is a member of the extended Greek Royal Family and very close to her cousin Queen Sofia of Spain (Constantine's sister).

1617110877019.png
Image credit: IMAGO / United Archives International

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Auction alert! The princely House of Hohenzollern is selling a sapphire parure AND a sapphire tiara this May at Christie's!

The parure had belonged to Grand Duchess Stephanie of Baden (a niece of Empress Josephine), while the tiara was made for Queen Maria II or Portugal. The sapphires are large and very clear and the tiara can be worn as a series of brooches.
All pieces have been worn by Princess Birgitta of Sweden, who is also a Princess of Hohenzollern by marriage.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Auction alert! The princely House of Hohenzollern is selling a sapphire parure AND a sapphire tiara this May at Christie's!

The parure had belonged to Grand Duchess Stephanie of Baden (a niece of Empress Josephine), while the tiara was made for Queen Maria II or Portugal. The sapphires are large and very clear and the tiara can be worn as a series of brooches.
All pieces have been worn by Princess Birgitta of Sweden, who is also a Princess of Hohenzollern by marriage.

Let's pool our money and make a bid!:lol:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Let's pool our money and make a bid!:lol:

It depends - do you want to bid on the tiara or the parure?
By the way, the Palace of Ajuda Museum in Lisboa will try to buy the big tiara for their collection. If they succeed, the tiara will join the other Crown Jewels, including the star tiara and sapphire pendants in the below photo. I wish them luck!

1617266885708.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A little surprise for me today when I came across some old clippings from the 1999 sale of a royal collection - the jewels of Princess Marie of Greece & Denmark (nee Bonaparte) and her daughter Princess Eugenie.
The images are not great quality, but I hope you appreciate them anyway. There are some very nice pieces, including non less than 3 tiaras and some show-stopping solitaire rings!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I am saddened by the news of the passing of Prince Phillip. I don't think it has really hit me yet.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH was following in the footsteps of his great-great-grandfather and was actively involved in designing jewellery for the Queen, at least early in their marriage.

Here' a great photograph of his wedding present to Princess Elizabeth - the magnificent diamond bracelet, which he had made re-using diamonds from one of his mother's tiaras.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Prince Phillip was quoted during Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's 100th birthday celebrations that he couldn't "imagine anything worse than living to 100." Not only will we miss his eye for jewelry, but also his quick wit and wicked sense of humor.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
HRH was following in the footsteps of his great-great-grandfather and was actively involved in designing jewellery for the Queen, at least early in their marriage.

Here' a great photograph of his wedding present to Princess Elizabeth - the magnificent diamond bracelet, which he had made re-using diamonds from one of his mother's tiaras.

It shows the esteem that Her Majesty holds the Duchess of Cambridge in since she has loaned this bracelet to Catherine.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Prince Philip is usually remembered as the husband of Elizabeth II and the man who always walked two steps behind her (sort of how JFK said he was accompanying Jackie Kenedy), but he was far more than that. Many adjectives can be attributed to him - loyal, dutiful, elegant, witty... One of the cool things about him (from a royal watcher's perspective) is his seemingly endless pedigree - he was related to everybody and sometimes in more than one way. He was his father-in-law's second cousin, his cousin Marina was his wife's aunt, his aunt was Queen of Sweden, other cousins were Queens of Romania and Youguslavia... That sort of stuff.

One of the more curious family connections was with the Romanovs. We know he was very vocal how the Bolsheviks killed half his family and that he wouldn't visit the USSR and the man was probably right! Two aunts and three of his great aunts had married Romanov men,most of whom lost their lives, homes and families in the wake of the October revolution.

Empress Maria
501879-1420823167.jpg

Empress Alexandra
1898-standing-empress-alexa.jpeg

Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna
54486.jpg

Grand Duchess Alexandra Georgievna
Alexandra_Georgievna_of_Russia1.jpg

Grand Duchess Maria Georgievna
14c3125f0c01520bbed765fbfc9b2534(1).jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
An interesting photo from the wedding of Princess Alexandra of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha and the Hereditary Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenbug.
Some will probably recognise the Duchess of York (Queen Mary) in the GGB&I tiara (original version) and... Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna wearing her gracious pearl drop tiara. The same tiara Queen Mary would buy 25 years later and make one of the most recognisable jewels in Elizabeth II's collection today, almost 130 years after this photo was taken.

20210412_230449~2.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what the pendant/ necklace was worn by Meghan .marble during her Oprah interview? It looked like bezeled flat cut beige gems.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know what the pendant/ necklace was worn by Meghan .marble during her Oprah interview? It looked like bezeled flat cut beige gems.

For those that haven't seen the necklace
1618295339832.png

Sorry, I don't have additional information.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prince Philip is usually remembered as the husband of Elizabeth II and the man who always walked two steps behind her (sort of how JFK said he was accompanying Jackie Kenedy), but he was far more than that. Many adjectives can be attributed to him - loyal, dutiful, elegant, witty... One of the cool things about him (from a royal watcher's perspective) is his seemingly endless pedigree - he was related to everybody and sometimes in more than one way. He was his father-in-law's second cousin, his cousin Marina was his wife's aunt, his aunt was Queen of Sweden, other cousins were Queens of Romania and Youguslavia... That sort of stuff.

One of the more curious family connections was with the Romanovs. We know he was very vocal how the Bolsheviks killed half his family and that he wouldn't visit the USSR and the man was probably right! Two aunts and three of his great aunts had married Romanov men,most of whom lost their lives, homes and families in the wake of the October revolution.

Empress Maria
501879-1420823167.jpg

Empress Alexandra
1898-standing-empress-alexa.jpeg

Grand Duchess Elizabeth Feodorovna
54486.jpg

Grand Duchess Alexandra Georgievna
Alexandra_Georgievna_of_Russia1.jpg

Grand Duchess Maria Georgievna
14c3125f0c01520bbed765fbfc9b2534(1).jpg

I dont think we'll see anither royal spouse with that much royal pedigree again

Something i find interesting is, as a protestant descendant of Sophia Electress of Hanover Prince Philip was entitled to British citizenship without giving up being a prince of Greece but no one seemed to remember this in 1948

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yes, this has been mentioned a few times over the years... And I suppose he would've qualified for citizenship (by current law) as the son of a British subject, his mother having been born at Windsor Castle. Anyway, don't think he missed that too much.

Small correction - the Duke was born a member of the Greek Orthodox Church, not a Protestant.

2d8273be5fb811144cf53ad948e845c5.jpg

ETA - Queen Sofia and Queen Anne Marie come close, both being the daughters/sisters of reigning monarchs. Also Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein - although not a Consort, she's the only member of two currently reigning royal houses.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results