shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Short version: it is cold, snowy, and icy where I am and Texas is not used to it. Power is off and on. Schools are completely closed...we can't even do online learning because of all the problems with electricity and wifi.

I quickly did some school work and recorded videos while I could...#tiara teaching... Ice Queen.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Short version: it is cold, snowy, and icy where I am and Texas is not used to it. Power is off and on. Schools are completely closed...we can't even do online learning because of all the problems with electricity and wifi.

I quickly did some school work and recorded videos while I could...#tiara teaching... Ice Queen.jpg

Cool !
But burrrrrrrr
I know its beyound cold in lots of places but i feel the most bad for places where they arnt as used to it and might not have a full compliment of winter clothes

I hope your school kids are enjoying the snow

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it me or does Sophie’s tiara look like she has Cat ears or horns? the space between the two end pieces looks like it should have something there filling in the gap or a diamond piece graduated upwards towards the center piece. I would remove the top piece in the middle that looks like it was added as an afterthought anyway, put that next to the end piece toward the center and have a duplicate piece crafted for the other side. It would be all the same height. imho, prettier. Covid must be getting to me as I am criticizing a royal tiara!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it me or does Sophie’s tiara look like she has Cat ears or horns? the space between the two end pieces looks like it should have something there filling in the gap or a diamond piece graduated upwards towards the center piece. I would remove the top piece in the middle that looks like it was added as an afterthought anyway, put that next to the end piece toward the center and have a duplicate piece crafted for the other side. It would be all the same height. imho, prettier. Covid must be getting to me as I am criticizing a royal tiara!

No, its not you
It does look better after she reworked it recently
I think from menory its made from alternative pieces of Queen Victoria’s Regal Circlet.
2018-0120-wessex05.png sophie-wessex-remodelled-tiara-z (1).jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

My ideal alteration of the Wessex tiara would be to remove the bottom central piece and convert it into a comb. Then have all three honeysuckle elements it at approximately the same level and insert some foliage/pearls/fleur-de-lis elements in between to fill in the gaps.
Maybe even add a little scroll base for a more... integrated look and height.
Alss, with the new version, that, would be nearly impossible..

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - true! The elements were part of an alternative setting of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - true! The elements were part of an alternative setting of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

Thanks for that
i did wonder what it looked like

how sad its sitting there with no stones when there must be loose stones in the vault

Even set it with CZ would be nicer than having it sit there nude

And i like your idea for Sophie's wedding tiara
I now hate to think of all the 'parts' sitting in the Queen's jewel box
I just don't think Charles is going to have the time to get to them (maybe let Camila have a fiddle) so i hope Kate and Princess Charlotte develops a huge interest in repurposing old jewlery some time really soon

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

I've heard the cat ears reference for years!:lol:

Daisy beat me to posting the picture of the reworked tiara, which I think is a huge improvement (really, could it have been any worse?)!!! It is hard to keep up the Royal Jewel monitoring when you don't know if you will have power! So far we haven't lost power today, so I am hoping the rolling blackouts are over. We are still having water issues though, and I received notice that there is significant damage to my school due to burst pipes. We've been told to prepare for online learning next week. More #tiarateaching likely...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Video lesson ready for Monday on percentage yield in chemical equations...#tiarateaching
Oh i think that's my favourite of yours that ive seen
i hope it warms up for you guys soon and the power stays on
sorry about the mess at school :(2
I hope your classroom is ok and all your teaching stuff is still good

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
There's a Royal wedding to look forward to this year - that of Grand Duke George of Russia to Victoria Romanovna Bettarini.
The engagement was announced by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna earlier this year and there were a few sweet photos of the couple released. The engagement ring is described as 'traditional' for the Romanov family and is set with rubies and diamonds. Georgii's mother gave him the ring when he was 18 y.o. to present to his future bride.
1615982186904.png

With the upcoming wedding, the bride-to-be had to select a tiara for the big day and she turned to Maison Chaumet, who have a long-standing tradition with the Romanovs (really?!). Apparently, the family doesn't own a suitable tiara for the heir's wife and they have to borrow... Wonder what happened to Maria's own wedding tiara or the convertible ruby one she used to wear. The kokoshniks from recent royal gatherings are fake, of course.

Attachments

• 1615982243322.png
    1615982243322.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
There's a Royal wedding to look forward to this year - that of Grand Duke George of Russia to Victoria Romanovna Bettarini.
The engagement was announced by Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna earlier this year and there were a few sweet photos of the couple released. The engagement ring is described as 'traditional' for the Romanov family and is set with rubies and diamonds. Georgii's mother gave him the ring when he was 18 y.o. to present to his future bride.
1615982186904.png

With the upcoming wedding, the bride-to-be had to select a tiara for the big day and she turned to Maison Chaumet, who have a long-standing tradition with the Romanovs (really?!). Apparently, the family doesn't own a suitable tiara for the heir's wife and they have to borrow... Wonder what happened to Maria's own wedding tiara or the convertible ruby one she used to wear. The kokoshniks from recent royal gatherings are fake, of course.

Oh, I want to go play in the Chaumet Tiara vault too!!!! :lol-2:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria has chosen the Miss Universe tiara :(

Guess the final result will depend on how it's styled in her hair and can make it either tolerable or a disaster.

Well, that is disappointing.

In that original picture of her sitting with the tiaras, my top choice was the one on the upper right. It looks very similar to the tiara from "Princess Diaries."

Second choice was bottom row on the left.

I can't keep track of what crown Miss Universe is using these days. Seems like it's changed every other year in the last decade. Bring back the Coventry crown!!!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Well, that is disappointing.

In that original picture of her sitting with the tiaras, my top choice was the one on the upper right. It looks very similar to the tiara from "Princess Diaries."

Second choice was bottom row on the left.

I can't keep track of what crown Miss Universe is using these days. Seems like it's changed every other year in the last decade. Bring back the Coventry crown!!!

It is the tiara from the "Princess Diaries"! Anne Hathaway wore the original for the photos and a replica on screen. The tiara (or rather a replica) has been used for other films and series depicting fictional royals. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Victoria Romanoff decided against wearing it - after all, she is marrying into one of the oldest and once most respected royal houses.
Two of the other tiaras have also been worn by royal ladies - the wonderful scroll tiara from 1908 has been borrowed by Queen Noor for a couple of State Visits and the pearl one (the one she's looking at) has been worn a few times by Mme La Comtesse de Paris.

I don't know what was offered, but I would've gone for this one, if available
1616145092974.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
One of the other odern Chaumet tiaras was worn by Princess Maria Carolina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies at le Bal des Débutantes in Paris in 2019.
Maria Caroline is the daughter of the other Charles and Camilla in Royal circles.

20210319_155834.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It is the tiara from the "Princess Diaries"! Anne Hathaway wore the original for the photos and a replica on screen. The tiara (or rather a replica) has been used for other films and series depicting fictional royals. Maybe this is one of the reasons why Victoria Romanoff decided against wearing it - after all, she is marrying into one of the oldest and once most respected royal houses.
Two of the other tiaras have also been worn by royal ladies - the wonderful scroll tiara from 1908 has been borrowed by Queen Noor for a couple of State Visits and the pearl one (the one she's looking at) has been worn a few times by Mme La Comtesse de Paris.

I don't know what was offered, but I would've gone for this one, if available
1616145092974.png

Well, that explains why I thought it was similar!! :lol: With that explanation, I can understand why should wouldn't choose it. Then again, with that explanation I'm surprised it was even offered!

Is that a tanzanite tiara!!?!?!?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re. The tiara worn at the Bal des Débutantes - In Chaumet in Majesty it is described as Passion Incarant lilly tiara, La Nature de Chaumet collection, 2016.
Made of white and pink gold, red spines, rhodolite garnets, green tourmalines and diamonds. H 9 / W 14

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
[...]

Is that a tanzanite tiara!!?!?!?

No, they are sapphires. Made in 2016, the Firmament Apollinien Laurel tiara "adopts the stylistic principle of the Mason, in harmony with contemporary tastes."
Its set with a 14.55 ct Ceylon sapphire and can be worn as a bandeau "by detaching the upper part affixed with a discreet cycstem of clips".

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
No, they are sapphires. Made in 2016, the Firmament Apollinien Laurel tiara "adopts the stylistic principle of the Mason, in harmony with contemporary tastes."
Its set with a 14.55 ct Ceylon sapphire and can be worn as a bandeau "by detaching the upper part affixed with a discreet cycstem of clips".

Sadness...:(2:confused2::((;(:(sad

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only tanzanite tiara I know of. The central stone is 242 cts. Sorry, nothing more refined to match your dilicate tanzanite set :/

Yeah, I've seen this one. Ugly doesn't even scratch the surface.:x2 Tanzanite deserves better! I also thought maybe at first Princess Marie of Denmark's new tiara was tanzanite. Alas, I was disappointed again.

I personally prefer the gray-blue-lavender tanzanite as opposed to the deep blue-purple. I find the gray-blue-lavender very unique! If I want deep blue, I'll just do a sapphire.

I have to chuckle at my own casual reference to "I'll just a sapphire.":lol::lol::lol:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I've seen this one. Ugly doesn't even scratch the surface.:x2 Tanzanite deserves better! I also thought maybe at first Princess Marie of Denmark's new tiara was tanzanite. Alas, I was disappointed again.

I personally prefer the gray-blue-lavender tanzanite as opposed to the deep blue-purple. I find the gray-blue-lavender very unique! If I want deep blue, I'll just do a sapphire.

I have to chuckle at my own casual reference to "I'll just a sapphire.":lol::lol::lol:

This made me laugh :lol:

Personally, I'd go for sapphires. Never been a huge fan of tanzanite, possibly because their fairly recent discovery didn't allow them to be incorporated into antique jewels and jewellery.

Maxima has a set that is supposing tanzanite and I believe this is the hue you mentioned (or not?):
1616500136821.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Personally, I'd go for sapphires. Never been a huge fan of tanzanite, possibly because their fairly recent discovery didn't allow them to be incorporated into antique jewels and jewellery.

Maxima has a set that is supposing tanzanite and I believe this is the hue you mentioned (or not?):
1616500136821.png

YES!!!!!!! :appl:

I love and adore this necklace of Maxima's. I just wish it had some matching earrings. Maybe a bracelet. Heck, add a tiara and make it a tanzanite parure! *swoons*

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No brooch but very nice earings
Wills and Kate visiting a vacination centre in Westminster Abbey
britains-catherine-duchess-of-cambridge-arrives-for-a-visit-news-photo-1616506762.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

1616500136821.png

Oh these are nice
thank you for posting
Max is quite fashion forward in her jewlery thinking

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results