Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
I don't think this pic is from the event the article is about but there is a blury picture of a rather interesting brooch on her hacker in the link
But i love these earings
Screenshot_20210217-095600.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Short version: it is cold, snowy, and icy where I am and Texas is not used to it. Power is off and on. Schools are completely closed...we can't even do online learning because of all the problems with electricity and wifi.

I quickly did some school work and recorded videos while I could...#tiara teaching... Ice Queen.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Short version: it is cold, snowy, and icy where I am and Texas is not used to it. Power is off and on. Schools are completely closed...we can't even do online learning because of all the problems with electricity and wifi.

I quickly did some school work and recorded videos while I could...#tiara teaching... Ice Queen.jpg

Cool !
But burrrrrrrr
I know its beyound cold in lots of places but i feel the most bad for places where they arnt as used to it and might not have a full compliment of winter clothes

I hope your school kids are enjoying the snow

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it me or does Sophie’s tiara look like she has Cat ears or horns? the space between the two end pieces looks like it should have something there filling in the gap or a diamond piece graduated upwards towards the center piece. I would remove the top piece in the middle that looks like it was added as an afterthought anyway, put that next to the end piece toward the center and have a duplicate piece crafted for the other side. It would be all the same height. imho, prettier. Covid must be getting to me as I am criticizing a royal tiara!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Is it me or does Sophie’s tiara look like she has Cat ears or horns? the space between the two end pieces looks like it should have something there filling in the gap or a diamond piece graduated upwards towards the center piece. I would remove the top piece in the middle that looks like it was added as an afterthought anyway, put that next to the end piece toward the center and have a duplicate piece crafted for the other side. It would be all the same height. imho, prettier. Covid must be getting to me as I am criticizing a royal tiara!

No, its not you
It does look better after she reworked it recently
I think from menory its made from alternative pieces of Queen Victoria’s Regal Circlet.
2018-0120-wessex05.png sophie-wessex-remodelled-tiara-z (1).jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

My ideal alteration of the Wessex tiara would be to remove the bottom central piece and convert it into a comb. Then have all three honeysuckle elements it at approximately the same level and insert some foliage/pearls/fleur-de-lis elements in between to fill in the gaps.
Maybe even add a little scroll base for a more... integrated look and height.
Alss, with the new version, that, would be nearly impossible..

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - true! The elements were part of an alternative setting of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - true! The elements were part of an alternative setting of Queen Victoria's Regal Circlet.

Thanks for that
i did wonder what it looked like

how sad its sitting there with no stones when there must be loose stones in the vault

Even set it with CZ would be nicer than having it sit there nude

And i like your idea for Sophie's wedding tiara
I now hate to think of all the 'parts' sitting in the Queen's jewel box
I just don't think Charles is going to have the time to get to them (maybe let Camila have a fiddle) so i hope Kate and Princess Charlotte develops a huge interest in repurposing old jewlery some time really soon

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

I've heard the cat ears reference for years!:lol:

Daisy beat me to posting the picture of the reworked tiara, which I think is a huge improvement (really, could it have been any worse?)!!! It is hard to keep up the Royal Jewel monitoring when you don't know if you will have power! So far we haven't lost power today, so I am hoping the rolling blackouts are over. We are still having water issues though, and I received notice that there is significant damage to my school due to burst pipes. We've been told to prepare for online learning next week. More #tiarateaching likely...

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Video lesson ready for Monday on percentage yield in chemical equations...#tiarateaching
Oh i think that's my favourite of yours that ive seen
i hope it warms up for you guys soon and the power stays on
sorry about the mess at school :(2
I hope your classroom is ok and all your teaching stuff is still good

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.