carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Not wanting to start a diplomatic incident so please don’t take offence Canadians. I feel like these look more like her.
image.jpg

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
1598955535570.jpeg
Better image

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know the occasion but I would like a piece of that cake, pls. Cracking photo!

1bdc8fc6a2556c24fb53af1ab6e724b5.jpg image.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II cuts a cake at Royal Albert Hall on June 4, 2015 in London, England

"The Queen was all smiles this morning as she met members of the Women's Institute and cut their Centenary Celebration Cake less than 24 hours after being declared dead by a BBC journalist.

Dressed in an elegant powder blue ensemble by couturier Stewart Parvin, the 89-year-old monarch was on sprightly form as she climbed the steps of the Royal Albert Hall for the WI's Centenary Annual Meeting.

Unusually, Her Majesty was joined for the day by her daughter Princess Anne, 64, and daughter-in-law Sophie, Countess of Wessex, 50, who looked ravishing in white.

Anne was also called upon to help her mother cut the WI's Centenary Celebration Cake, after the Queen joked that she knew it was a fruitcake because it was so hard to cut and pretended to struggle with the ceremonial knife.

Julie Clarke, Federation Chair of North Yorkshire West, said afterwards: ‘The Queen said how much she loves a good fruit cake and could tell it was a good, rich one as it was dense and difficult to cut.

'We gave each of the ladies one to take home and Princess Anne said it was a good thing as she loves to take fruit cake sailing with her. She told me: "We always cut these cakes and never get to try a bit or take one home! I am so glad I can now". ‘ "

Last edited:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Women's Organisations Committee on Alcohol and Drug Issues (KSAN) meeting

Women's Organisations Committee on Alcohol and Drug Issues (KSAN) meeting.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Opening 'The BLOX - Build Back Better Summit'

crown-princess-mary-5.jpg opening of 'The BLOX - Build Back Better Summit'.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Elizabeth II cuts a cake at Royal Albert Hall on June 4, 2015 in London, England.

"The Queen was all smiles this morning as she met members of the Women's Institute and cut their Centenary Celebration Cake less than 24 hours after being declared dead by a BBC journalist.

Dressed in an elegant powder blue ensemble by couturier Stewart Parvin, the 89-year-old monarch was on sprightly form as she climbed the steps of the Royal Albert Hall for the WI's Centenary Annual Meeting.

Unusually, Her Majesty was joined for the day by her daughter Princess Anne, 64, and daughter-in-law Sophie, Countess of Wessex, 50, who looked ravishing in white.

Anne was also called upon to help her mother cut the WI's Centenary Celebration Cake, after the Queen joked that she knew it was a fruitcake because it was so hard to cut and pretended to struggle with the ceremonial knife.

Julie Clarke, Federation Chair of North Yorkshire West, said afterwards: ‘The Queen said how much she loves a good fruit cake and could tell it was a good, rich one as it was dense and difficult to cut.

'We gave each of the ladies one to take home and Princess Anne said it was a good thing as she loves to take fruit cake sailing with her. She told me: "We always cut these cakes and never get to try a bit or take one home! I am so glad I can now". ‘ "

I remember the visit before last when Camila and Charles came to NZ, Camilia visited with some little kids at day care ? And sat down with them to eat cake, she asked for a 2nd piece as she was starving and hadn't eaten anything all day
I had never seen a royal eat before
It was refreshingly nornal
When i googled for a picture HRH is eatting all over the internet
I love this photo and absoltluly no disrespect intended Ma'am 39ed216710cb71a9d95a270c893269ad.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
New photo...anyone knows much about her ring?

32640160-8685189-image-a-46_1598958854231.jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not wanting to start a diplomatic incident so please don’t take offence Canadians. I feel like these look more like her.
image.jpg

I'm Canadian and no offence taken at all. It's a horrible engraving and doesn't look like her at all. I went to the Canadian Mint website to check to see if it was legitimate. It is. I can't believe that likeness was approved. :rolleyes:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm Canadian and no offence taken at all. It's a horrible engraving and doesn't look like her at all. I went to the Canadian Mint website to check to see if it was legitimate. It is. I can't believe that likeness was approved. :rolleyes:

You have the maple leaf brooch to your credit, we forgive you the coin

Yelena

Shiny_Rock

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
I agree it is horrible. It looks rushed, as if someone really didn't care if it looked like her.

Or maybe the artist thought they would be ‘creative’ and do their interpretation of Her Maj’s profile?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The engraving of HM QEII on the Canadian coin may not be the best, however, I like the design on the other side, and have asked my brother who lives in Vancouver to get me one of the silver ones.

The silver one looks nicer than the gold version to me, not to mention being a lot more affordable! :lol-2:

DK :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or maybe the artist thought they would be ‘creative’ and do their interpretation of Her Maj’s profile?

You are a kind and generous person. :))

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Visiting the Thames Valley Air Ambulance in Maidenhead

Visiting the Thames Valley Air Ambulance in Maidenhead.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ladies from Queens Alexandra and Mary's era used reinforced fabrics to make sure the weight of the jewels didn't pull down the dress. I wonder if nowadays ladies pin heavy brooches through the strap of their bra to keep the brooch (and top) in place?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is different. I must say I feel like QE2’s profile picture doesn’t look much like her.

I showed this to my husband...

...guess what I'm getting for Christmas!?!?!?:appl::appl::appl:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies from Queens Alexandra and Mary's era used reinforced fabrics to make sure the weight of the jewels didn't pull down the dress. I wonder if nowadays ladies pin heavy brooches through the strap of their bra to keep the brooch (and top) in place?

I know we have some international posters here, so I'll start at the beginning...

There is a tradition here in Texas for "Mums." In the fall, there is a special football game at high schools called "Homecoming" where people who attended the school in the past come back for a visit. During Homecoming girls get "Mums." These things are huge. Silk mums that measure a foot/ 30 cm across that have tons of streamers and decorations on them.

At the beginning of my teaching career 26 years ago, we would pin these on our shirts and utilize the bra strap. Based on my experience with Mums, I could see it as entirely feasible that some of these brooches are supported by a bra strap.

Now days the Mums are even bigger. Usually they just hang around a girl's neck on a cord now because the bra strap no longer gets the job done!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results