shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
oh btw i saw this yesterday Screenshot_20200827-170817.png

Glad they apologised. Sadly it appears that the messages about social distancing did not sink in, or perhaps have not been delivered as well as they have been here in Australia.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Even royals have to wait for things.

I think this is my favourite photograph of the lot. Just hanging out on the steps with my mates.

This is just priceless! Not only how you've described it, but also to think that her mother might've been overlooking the Norrström from the exact location 100 years ago...

Or even on a more related note - just think how many times these jewels have seen each other in lovely Stockholm!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby-

I don't know how many members of the Royal Jewels Forum were around back them, but Pricescope once had a book forum which ran a book club for a while. The first book that we read and discussed was another book by Wilkie Collins (author of the first book on The Duchess of Cornwall's reading list). It was The Moonstone and is considered the first detective story.

Deb/AGBF

A bit OT... Buckingham Palace has published a list of beack books by the Duchess of Cornwall.
I had to giggle when I saw The Queen's Necklace by Dumas. At fist I thought of something like a catalogue of Lilibeth's necklaces, then I say the author.

The book is, of course, based (loosely) on the infamous Affair of the Diamond Necklace (of Queen Marie Antoinette), which led to the downfall of her husband's reign and their eventual executions...

1598012434245.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's one of her favourites for day wear. I've been thinking of carnelian beads, but not sure. HM also has one with black/dark grey beads in the same style.
As the family is very protective of their jewels and these are modern pieces, I don't expect we'll learn anything else.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The black one has been worn more often, including for foal portraits and the Nobels. It's made of metal and looks like oxidized silver and gold. It's part of a set with matching earrings and bracelet: 0071Dronning_26Sept-1v3_e_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq5IKk5YuOUt42Z1oVfjGa6CP2uBok8FYn_IuYsN_NrRs.jpg efa5951ef97b6d35adf20f1da8bd191d56969f835fa98.jpg

There's also another one with smaller blue beads, possibly lapis.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
2011 Chelsea Flower Show

2011 Chelsea Flower Show.jpg

2014 visit to the Royal Commonwealth Society in Westminster

2014 visit to the Royal Commonwealth Society in Westminster.jpg

Don't know the occasion but I would like a piece of that cake, pls. Cracking photo!

1bdc8fc6a2556c24fb53af1ab6e724b5.jpg image.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At IDA Conference Centre in Copenhagen

at IDA Conference Centre in Copenhagen.jpg crown-princess-mary-in-erdem-blouse-3.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
That's a very glamorous photo of Queen Rania! Happy birthday and many Happy returns!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results