shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since this thread is about jewelry, I looked into the brooch which The Duchess of Cornwall was wearing the day she hosted the dinner for the children.

"So where is this piece from? The brooch is made by famous French jewellery house Van Cleef & Arpels, and the first versions of the piece were made in New York in 1940.
Now various versions of the piece have been created by the high-end jewel makers.
Each one depicts dancers in various poses made with all sorts of precious materials.
For jewellery experts these pieces resemble an pre-war era of jewellery design.
Another multi-gem ballerina brooch, similar to Camilla’s, was sold for 233,000 Swiss Francs, or £177,504".

Attachments

• CamillaBrooch.jpg
    CamillaBrooch.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 38

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@AGBF, that's awesome!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the ceremony commemorating the Battle of the Bulge

ceremony commemorating the Battle of the Bulge.jpg

Hosting the state dinner at the Royal Palace in Laeken for the Macrons last year

a state dinner at the Royal Palace in Laeken.jpg 6406050-6405599-Macron_toasts_to_Belgium_s_Queen_Mathilde_as_the_state_function_-a-31_15426840...jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe this is Sofia's favorite tiara?

5a317164ec1ade747b3e320d.jpg

As of right now, it's the practically the only one she has access to. She's worn the Cut Steal Bandeau once (not the big one...smaller one) and that's the only other tiara she's been loaned.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
At the ceremony commemorating the Battle of the Bulge

ceremony commemorating the Battle of the Bulge.jpg

Hosting the state dinner at the Royal Palace in Laeken for the Macrons last year

a state dinner at the Royal Palace in Laeken.jpg 6406050-6405599-Macron_toasts_to_Belgium_s_Queen_Mathilde_as_the_state_function_-a-31_15426840...jpg

Thanks for posting these, @Rad_Fan! Would love to see B. Macron’s earrings though- they look gorge!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Another interesting article about the Romanov jewels

I posted some more details about the Armoury and Diamond Fund at the CG sub-forum, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/education-on-emeralds.248848/page-8. See Post #225 if interested.

The Russian Field Diadem replica is 1 of my favorite pieces from the Diamond Fund. It is placed near the entrance of the exhibition, not anywhere close to the crown jewels.

Emerald Pendant, 245 ct.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting the stories about the jewelry pieces, Rad_Fan. Hearing about the jewels makes them so very interstng to me. I appreciate your hard work! :))

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Another interesting article about the Romanov jewels

I posted some more details about the Armoury and Diamond Fund at the CG sub-forum, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/education-on-emeralds.248848/page-8. See Post #225 if interested.

The Russian Field Diadem replica is 1 of my favorite pieces from the Diamond Fund. It is placed near the entrance of the exhibition, not anywhere close to the crown jewels.

Emerald Pendant, 245 ct.jpg

Thanks so much for your illuminating posts, @Rad_Fan (and everyone else who contribute to this forum!)!! As jaw-dropping and awe-inspiring as the European royal jewels are, I find the Russian jewels the most magnificent of the lot. Perhaps because their provenance is replete with (tragic) history and their whereabouts are shrouded in mystery.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all! I enjoy hanging with like minded people on this forum. I love century old jewelry designs/craftsmanship and seeing royal jewels is the best way to quench my thirst.

Back to a bit more of the Diamond Fund, I also love the craftsmanship of this choker/necklace?

d5172574b1f8da5b1e01376302ec128d.jpg

More pictures from these blog posts.

http://explorerussia.org/the-diamond-fund-of-the-moscow-kremlin-unbelievable-treasure/

http://jewellerypricee.com/imperial-crown-of-russia.html

By the way, the giant rough polished red spinel on top of the Imperial Crown doesn’t look that fire red to my eyes, the emeralds definitely steal the show under the same dim light.

I spotted this piece from the chamber where they display gifts to Catherine after the Russo-Turkish War. The yellow gem and the overall design are amazing. I don’t remember how the Armory labels it but I believe it’s a piece of jewelry for her horse.

3egret-armory.jpg

Has anyone watched https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/helen-mirren-catherine-the-great-miniseries yet? I enjoyed it.

catherine-the-great-helen-mirren-1569621296.jpg

3828f3e37741473062962e1131c5b6e5.jpg 12141348-0-image-a-27_1554979522883.jpg

Last edited:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
... I find the Russian jewels the most magnificent of the lot. Perhaps because their provenance is replete with (tragic) history and their whereabouts are shrouded in mystery.

+1

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Queen wore the diamond and pearl earrings for her silver jubilee in 1977

her silver jubilee in 1977.jpg

2016.jpg

Kate wore them while visiting the Netherlands in 2016

Netherlands in 2016.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queen wore the diamond and pearl earrings for her silver jubilee in 1977

I happened to be in London for that. I didn't see any festivities other than the usual (the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, etc.), but there were mugs and other trophies in honor of her jubilee for sale everywhere. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rad_Fan asked:

"I am very curious how did the coronet end up with the Earl of Harewood family...does anyone know? Just being nosy..."

The short answer is That Princess Mary, who became The Princess Royal, was both the daughter of King George V and The Countess of Harewood.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Rad_Fan asked:

"I am very curious how did the coronet end up with the Earl of Harewood family...does anyone know? Just being nosy..."

The short answer is That Princess Mary, who became The Princess Royal, was both the daughter of King George V and The Countess of Harewood.

But how did Princess Mary got it from the Queen? It was so dear to Queen Vic...

So I assumed that P. Mary's descendants somehow put the coronet up for sale back then?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But how did Princess Mary got it from the Queen? It was so dear to Queen Vic...

So I assumed that P. Mary's descendants somehow put the coronet up for sale back then?

No. George V, Princess Mary's father, was the son of Edward VII and the grandson of Queen Victoria. George V gave it to Princess Mary, his only daughter, along with a sapphire parure, when she married Viscount Lascelles, who succeeded his father as the 6th Earl of Harewood in 1929. Three years later Princess Mary was created The Princess Royal (which Princess Anne is now). She remained The Countess of Harewood, however, having two sons with the 6th Earl. The coronet, thus, remained in the Harewood Family. Her elder son, George, became the 7th Earl of Harewood in 1947.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@AGBF, thank you.

Could you pls direct me to picture of that sapphire parure? I tried to google it but don't think I found the right one. Thanks.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love everything about these.. wish I could have found cleaner photos :)

IMG_0951.JPG IMG_0950.JPG IMG_0949.JPG IMG_0948.JPG

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At The Other Court exhibition in Madrid's Royal Palace

at The Other Court exhibition in Madrid's Royal Palace.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Kate wore Diana's earrings to the EE British Academy Film Awards.

the EE British Academy Film Awards..jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
The Queen didn't wear the Crown to the State Opening of Parliament today

the State Opening of Parliament.jpg

The Imperial State Crown

The Imperial State Crown.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
That tiara would make an awesome wedding tiara as it would be' something old, some thing borrowed, and something blue' all in one.Plus it is beautiful.

I've been wondering if it has ever been worn as a necklace too, given it's flexible design. Yummy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results