shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"For the Queen's official visit to Germany on June 24, 2015, she sported the Crown Ruby necklace, designed by Prince Albert for Queen Victoria. The monarch also wore Queen Victoria’s Crown Ruby Brooch for the occasion. They were part of the Queen Mother's collection until her death in 2002."

gettyimages-478375348-1514488845.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Rubies are my favorite gemstone. I believe that The Duchess of Cornwall received a wonderful ruby necklace from the Saudi Royal Family not long after her marriage to The Prince of Wales. I will not use this thread to voice my opinions about The Saudi Royal Family. Instead I wil go look for a picture of the necklace.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Duchess of Cornwall received two ruby necklaces, not one, from the Saudis. You can read more about it here.

"Given the sheer size and value of this ruby and diamond demi-parure, it is almost unbelievable that Camilla has two of them.

To the untrained eye, there is not much to choose between them, but the one she debuted this week is even bigger and more splendid than the original, which she first wore in public in 2007.

Both are understood to be official gifts from the Saudi royal family and will eventually go to the Royal Collection.

The original ruby necklace boasts diamonds and 37 matching rubies. It was then estimated to be worth £1 million.

The one the Duchess sported this week easily matches that and has a bracelet as well as earrings to match.

This week, the two necklaces were estimated to be worth in the region of £3 million each"

RubyNceklace1.jpg RubyNecklace2.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were the ruby earrings thrown in as well?:razz:Both pieces are very 'royal' in style and appear very heavy to wear.. Although not my style one has to admire the craftsmanship.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I thought that all the ladies looked overdressed on that occasion, although Princess Marie (pictured above with Prince Joaquim) almost pulls off her outfit. Everyone is simply wearing far too much jewelry to look elegant. (I know. It's blasphemy to say that!) And Daisy, whom I adore, looks especially mismatched. She often wears those emeralds with clothes that do not match them or coordinate well with them.

Remember that not everything they wear is just 'jewelry." The New Year's Levee is the most formal occasion of the year for the Danish Royal. It is considered more formal than even a State Banquet. They are required to wear the collar of the Order of the Elephant (for a State Banquet they wear the sash instead of the collar) and the badge. The ladies will of course wear the Family Order of Queen Margarethe. All of this is required; the tiaras and necklaces are second to the Orders.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Which outfit and jewelry combo is your favorite?

2007.jpg

2012.jpg

2014.jpg

2019.jpg

I never get tired of this burgundy dress. Perfection!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember that not everything they wear is just 'jewelry." The New Year's Levee is the most formal occasion of the year for the Danish Royal. It is considered more formal than even a State Banquet. They are required to wear the collar of the Order of the Elephant (for a State Banquet they wear the sash instead of the collar) and the badge. The ladies will of course wear the Family Order of Queen Margarethe. All of this is required; the tiaras and necklaces are second to the Orders.

I know this, and I appreciate your bringing it up.I do not usually look at royalty, especially a sovereign on a formal occasion, to be elegant. She is usually weighed down by ceremonial jewels and sashes. I could not help but be struck by the contrast between the elegance of the simplicity of a gown unencumbered by a lot of paraphenalia and the ones that were cluttered by it!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Love Queen Mother's style and how she wore the tiaras in the 20's, nice and low!

The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Queen Mother wore the Strathmore Rose Tiara.jpg

The Lotus Flower tiara

Lotus Flower tiara.jpg

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Which outfit and jewelry combo is your favorite?

2007.jpg

2012.jpg

2014.jpg

2019.jpg

I like 2012 the best. One necklace is enough as far as I am concerned, given the size of the big elephant and chain.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like 2012 the best. One necklace is enough as far as I am concerned, given the size of the big elephant and chain.

20012. The earrings are not so big either. The first dress is different from the other dresses so the neckline is bigger... ergo she felt compelled to fill it up. Hate the velvet choker with beautiful brooch attached. But hate the brooch attached to the belt WITH the large elephant. Two big pieces near the waistline-ugh. Like earrings best in 2012.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Duchess of Cornwall received two ruby necklaces, not one, from the Saudis. You can read more about it here.

"Given the sheer size and value of this ruby and diamond demi-parure, it is almost unbelievable that Camilla has two of them.

To the untrained eye, there is not much to choose between them, but the one she debuted this week is even bigger and more splendid than the original, which she first wore in public in 2007.

Both are understood to be official gifts from the Saudi royal family and will eventually go to the Royal Collection.

The original ruby necklace boasts diamonds and 37 matching rubies. It was then estimated to be worth £1 million.

The one the Duchess sported this week easily matches that and has a bracelet as well as earrings to match.

This week, the two necklaces were estimated to be worth in the region of £3 million each"

RubyNceklace1.jpg RubyNecklace2.jpg

These are spectacular
Camila does big jewleey rather well which bodes well for us royal jewlery watchers when Charles ascends to the throne
and also i don't think Diana had any history with rubies

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love Queen Mother's style and how she wore the tiaras in the 20's, nice and low!

The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Queen Mother wore the Strathmore Rose Tiara.jpg

The Lotus Flower tiara

Lotus Flower tiara.jpg

She's just gorgouse and so so lovelly
everyone was young and beautiful once
The first non princess to marry in
A modernizer of her own time

i wish this style of wearing tiaras lower and down over the forhead would come back in
Diana looked gorgouse in
emerald look downloadfile-87.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Queen Max. at the 2018 traditional state opening of parliament called Prinsjesdag

2018 the traditional state opening of parliament called Prinsjesdag.jpg 2018 the traditional state opening of parliament.jpg

Pearls for the 2019 New Year's reception

2019 New Year's reception.jpg

Sapphire/tanzanite(?) for the 2020 New Year's reception in the Royal Palace

23390172-7886595-The_Dutch_monarch_48_put_on_an_elegant_display_in_dazzling_blue_-a-131_157902...jpg New Year's reception in the Royal Palace.jpg 23390160-7886595-image-a-8_1579019677353.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Queen Max. at the 2018 traditional state opening of parliament called Prinsjesdag

2018 the traditional state opening of parliament called Prinsjesdag.jpg 2018 the traditional state opening of parliament.jpg

Pearls for the 2019 New Year's reception

2019 New Year's reception.jpg's reception.jpg

Sapphire/tanzanite(?) for the 2020 New Year's reception in the Royal Palace

23390172-7886595-The_Dutch_monarch_48_put_on_an_elegant_display_in_dazzling_blue_-a-131_157902...jpg New Year's reception in the Royal Palace.jpg's reception in the Royal Palace.jpg 23390160-7886595-image-a-8_1579019677353.jpg

The Dutch royals have lovelly smiles

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her style is just fun and cheerful!

I think she is just wonderful.
I love her golden poppies
She has a style all of her own - like every long reigning Queen should
She is fasinating if you can find any English interviews with her
CP Mary is beautiful and glamouse but one day she will have big shoes to fill in the style stakes ! 5fc92724330c9d555199001107de2cd2-1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think she is just wonderful.
I love her golden poppies
She has a style all of her own - like every long reigning Queen should
She is fasinating if you can find any English interviews with her
CP Mary is beautiful and glamouse but one day she will have big shoes to fill in the style stakes ! 5fc92724330c9d555199001107de2cd2-1.jpg

I completely agree with you. Daisy is an original. May she live long and in good health!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
80th birthday portrait (for April 2020)

danish-queen-birthday-1.jpg

This is a very elegant portrait and shows the Queen as she deserves to be portrayed. She usually looks as if she just threw on some jewels that may or may not have matched her gown. I love that woman!!!

Thank you for posting this, Daisys and Diamonds!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Spanish Red Cross HQ

at the Spanish Red Cross HQ.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results