carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, thank you.

Could you pls direct me to picture of that sapphire parure? I tried to google it but don't think I found the right one. Thanks.

Here is a picture of the parure. It is unclear if it was made at the same time as the coronet or later to coordinate with it.
The Parure.jpg

Attachments

• Parure2.jpg
    Parure2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 121

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@AGBF, do you know why Prince Albert favorite blue sapphires? Neither of them were September babies...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, do you know why Prince Albert favorite blue sapphires? Neither of them were September babies...

I've been looking, Rad_Fan, but I have had no luck in gaining insight so far. I have learned that Queen Victoria loved Prince Albert's blue eyes; that the initial brooch was given to her (by him) on the eve of their wedding; and that on her 26th birthday he gave her a smaller version of the brooch which he had commissioned since she loved the first brooch so much. The Princess Royal (Princess Anne) is often see wearing the smaller version of the brooch. I am sure that historians know the answer. I just do not know if I will be persistent enough to learn the answer!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Posting these without specifying the occasions because I don't know when and where these were taken. Just wanted to share pictures of these brooches.

13299220-7826331-YELLOW_The_Queen_loves_the_sunshine_shade_for_spring_when_she_em-a-26_1577282...jpg 13299294-7826331-BLUE_Royal_blue_on_the_monarch_is_a_no_brainer_but_she_has_showc-a-32_1577282...jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Visiting the London Science Museum this March.

visiting the London Science Museum in March.jpg

On the way to church service this weekend

church-service-Sandringham.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything was so perfect on this shot, flowers, her smile, hat, and the brooch!

As she gets older its really wounderful we get to see pictures of her smiling
im pretty sure she has always smilied, because ive seen her in person (in a bright yellow outfit) many years ago but in the newspaper and on TV. they never used to show her smiling

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful photos! Love that red velvet dress! But the bracelet stuck on top of the sleeve a bit much.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At New Year's reception at Amalienborg Palace

22886136-7843289-image-m-95_1577910439016.jpg New Year's reception at Amalienborg Palace.jpg

Wonderful photos! Love that red velvet dress! But the bracelet stuck on top of the sleeve a bit much.

I thought that all the ladies looked overdressed on that occasion, although Princess Marie (pictured above with Prince Joaquim) almost pulls off her outfit. Everyone is simply wearing far too much jewelry to look elegant. (I know. It's blasphemy to say that!) And Daisy, whom I adore, looks especially mismatched. She often wears those emeralds with clothes that do not match them or coordinate well with them.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Which outfit and jewelry combo is your favorite?

2007.jpg

2012.jpg

2014.jpg

2019.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the outfit that Crown Princess Mary wore to the diplomatic reception on New Year's Day is extremely elegant and also beautiful. Thank you for posting it, Rad_Fan. Her strand of pearls and pearl earrings look lovely, too. What do we know about them?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that Crown Princess Mary wore diamonds and pearls with this outfit. I also read that she has worn this white gown at least twice before. (She wore it on the second night of the Danish diplomatic reception, wearing a silver gown on the first night). I believe that the diamonds must be in the earrings; they do not appear to be in the strand of pearsls.

The pearls were worn with this gown before, but the last time she wore them she added a morganite pendant for a different look. Crown Princess Mary is known for wearing her clothing more than pnce, but she made small adjustments to her look. This time she wore a pink (or purple) belt.

Attachments

• LuminousPearls.png
    LuminousPearls.png
    930 KB · Views: 156

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
"For the Queen's official visit to Germany on June 24, 2015, she sported the Crown Ruby necklace, designed by Prince Albert for Queen Victoria. The monarch also wore Queen Victoria’s Crown Ruby Brooch for the occasion. They were part of the Queen Mother's collection until her death in 2002."

gettyimages-478375348-1514488845.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I think the outfit that Crown Princess Mary wore to the diplomatic reception on New Year's Day is extremely elegant and also beautiful. Thank you for posting it, Rad_Fan. Her strand of pearls and pearl earrings look lovely, too. What do we know about them?

I don't know much about them but am starting to appreciate the importance and beauty of a good strand of pearl necklace to an outfit...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results