Super_Ideal_Rock
better article
4LDG3TG_Wreath_jpg

+
1676609156514.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
things are pretty dire here (well thankfully not actually here but only a few hours east from here) people have died or are still missing :(2
so i make no apology for lack of jewels
i just needed this
also my lovelly Queen Mathilde has beautiful manners

Harold could learn a thing or two about forgivness from Princess Daphnie
delphine-philippe-z.jpg

with her half brother the King

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
look no jewlery but im soo excitted and dissapointed i did not know this
(stupid cyclone)
1676680683646.jpg

the Crown Princess is in NZ in Hamilton
and OMG she had a civic dinner in Wellington last night
why am i the last to know !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
and Anne did meet with some of her signalers
As Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal New Zealand Corps of Signals, Her Royal Highness attended a reception to mark the centenary of the Corps.
signals_reception.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny just posted a really informative video about the rules governing the wearing of tiaras in "Hangout". Here is a link to it:

Some of he information in the video pertains only to the British Royal Family, although some applies to members of the British aristocracy as well.

We used to have a thread about tiaras. I will look for it, because I hink kenny's thread should be linked to that thread, too. @LadyMaria kept that thread alive!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kenny just posted a really informative video about the rules governing the wearing of tiaras in "Hangout". Here is a link to it:

Some of he information in the video pertains only to the British Royal Family, although some applies to members of the British aristocracy as well.

We used to have a thread about tiaras. I will look for it, because I hink kenny's thread should be linked to that thread, too. @LadyMaria kept that thread alive!

thank you for posting this
i wasnt going to watch it because i thought it was made by the American you tuber who makes lots of mistakes in her royal videos
but now i will watch it
edited to add i found a mistake ....
regarding the lowers not tiara - i have noted it on Kenny's thread

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if these have been posted before…

The Napoleon Diamond Necklace and Turquoise/ Diamond Diadem at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. 4EC33CF4-2EED-46F4-B758-814D206E4AA5.jpeg

And the Marie Antoniette Earrings

1B3CAB27-B169-44F3-82C0-88B9431E7641.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cruella De Vil à la Royale meets Margrethe II's Golden Poppies

Edited for closeup
gettyimages-1467708662-2048x2048~2.jpg

i found time to read the article at work
....... accessorising with long black opera gloves and flower-shaped Zara earrings which cost NZ$35, according to the Daily Mail.

:(2

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if these have been posted before…

The Napoleon Diamond Necklace and Turquoise/ Diamond Diadem at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. 4EC33CF4-2EED-46F4-B758-814D206E4AA5.jpeg

And the Marie Antoniette Earrings

1B3CAB27-B169-44F3-82C0-88B9431E7641.jpeg

The jewels were donated/bequeathed to the Smithsonian by Marjorie Merriweather Post.
The necklace is in its original form, but the tiara was originally set with emeralds.
The earrings have a dubious provenance. Over the years a lot of diamonds have been attributed to Marie Antoinette, but few have been confirmed.
The Art-Deco setting was made by Cartier. You can see in the second image that the stones are mismatched, although beautiful.
deliveryService

1676881504758.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HRH Catherine Princess of Wales bought cheap earrings instead of wearing gorgeous precious FREE earrings ...IMO just a communication strategy to make the villains think she's the new people's princess.
Again just my opinion.

Likewise, IMHO, she is very much her own person with a clear idea of what she likes fashion wise.

She is mixing and matching high street and designer/couture in clothes, accessories and jewellery, probably without a team of "stylists" to advise her on what to wear and what to avoid.

Perhaps she is taking advice from the Princess Royal, and wear whatever she feels comfortable for herself.

DK :))

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Katherine’s dress is actually a remake of one she has worn before. I too, am not a fan of the new drape of fabric at the shoulder with the long glove. If they had just changed the white flowers with a black “something shorter”, or added a black belt, it would have looked better with the black gloves, IMO.

1440AA99-3D35-4CEF-A919-08ED85CE5B72.jpeg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I've ]
I've added a new tiara to my collection!! It debuted today!

I ordered the Commemorative Queen Elizabeth II tea cup from the Royal Collection Shop and and made the mistake of looking at what else they had. My finger twitched and this tiara was added to my cart.

It gives Fife vibes to me. It seems to pair well with my collet (not real) necklace.
RoyalCollection.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like the earrings but the dress needed a black belt or the added shoulder sash/train should have been in black to tie in the black gloves. The white floor length chiffon shoulder sash/train made this very pretty dress look a bit bridal. I would have like the hair pinned up too.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH Catherine Princess of Wales bought cheap earrings instead of wearing gorgeous precious FREE earrings ...IMO just a communication strategy to make the villains think she's the new people's princess.
Again just my opinion.

I won't tire saying that a 100 year old heirloom is way more sustainable than high fashion costume jewellery! And it goes with the job when you're the Princess of Wales/High ranking royal lady of the land.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Likewise, IMHO, she is very much her own person with a clear idea of what she likes fashion wise.

She is mixing and matching high street and designer/couture in clothes, accessories and jewellery, probably without a team of "stylists" to advise her on what to wear and what to avoid.

Perhaps she is taking advice from the Princess Royal, and wear whatever she feels comfortable for herself.

DK :))

And yet dearest Anne never wears fakes. See the difference? ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've ]
I've added a new tiara to my collection!! It debuted today!

I ordered the Commemorative Queen Elizabeth II tea cup from the Royal Collection Shop and and made the mistake of looking at what else they had. My finger twitched and this tiara was added to my cart.

It gives Fife vibes to me. It seems to pair well with my collet (not real) necklace.
RoyalCollection.jpg

You're headed to the Coronation, are you not, ma'am?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results