shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you were invited to King Charles’s coronation, which tiara would you wear? It can be from any worldwide royal family, a collectors’ cache, seen at an auction, no longer existing, housed in a museum, or newly designed, etc, you get to wear on May 6. I scrolled through the tiara thread and found so many options!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And yet dearest Anne never wears fakes. See the difference? ;-)

Yes, however the PoW is of a different generation and not born with automatic access to a huge amount of real jewellery to play with.

DK ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you were invited to King Charles’s coronation, which tiara would you wear? It can be from any worldwide royal family, a collectors’ cache, seen at an auction, no longer existing, housed in a museum, or newly designed, etc, you get to wear on May 6. I scrolled through the tiara thread and found so many options!

Probably the Lotus as I have always liked it.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, however the PoW is of a different generation and not born with automatic access to a huge amount of real jewellery to play with.

DK ;-)

i think her own mum just isnt interested in jewlery the same way as say Queen Mary's mother Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge/ the Duchess of Tech was

licensed-image

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
the daughter of a Queen

i bet Princess Margret didnt either

Margaret did own a few paste jewels. In her defense, these were antiques and pretty much collectables. I haven't seen her wear them at Covent Garden, for example, and suspect that they made occasional outings on Mustique and some other private events.

QWUk9kuTURBXy83MjliNTc5ZC1jZTdjLTRjZDktOGMzNC1lN2QyYTgwZTZjYWYuanBlZ5KVAwMAzQckzQQEkwXNA0jNAfreAAKhMAWhMQE

a229ba268e105a4e20795850b8598970.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
i think her own mum just isnt interested in jewlery the same way as say Queen Mary's mother Princess Mary Adelaide of Cambridge/ the Duchess of Tech was

licensed-image

Passing on a love for gems from one generation to another isn't always a given. We just have to look at Princess Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, Queen Mary's very own daughter, to see that.

The opposite is also true - my great-grandmother had just one ring, yet my grandmother has some lovely pieces that she treasures.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

This!
39072942405_ecdf2a4539_b.jpg

Option two is Maria Alexandrovna's Fringe tiara
Fringe%2BTiara%2B%2528%2529%2BGD%2BMaria%2BAlexandrovna%2B1.jpg

paired with the French ruby necklace
EPprO3OUUAAJ2RC

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The jewels were donated/bequeathed to the Smithsonian by Marjorie Merriweather Post.
The necklace is in its original form, but the tiara was originally set with emeralds.
The earrings have a dubious provenance. Over the years a lot of diamonds have been attributed to Marie Antoinette, but few have been confirmed.
The Art-Deco setting was made by Cartier. You can see in the second image that the stones are mismatched, although beautiful.
deliveryService

1676881504758.jpeg

An update on the diamonds - they were sold with the Queen Marie-Antoinette reference by Christie's back on 25th June 1891! The date is mentioned in Christie's the Jewellery Archives Revealed.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Passing on a love for gems from one generation to another isn't always a given. We just have to look at Princess Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood, Queen Mary's very own daughter, to see that.

The opposite is also true - my great-grandmother had just one ring, yet my grandmother has some lovely pieces that she treasures.

you are so lucky to still have your grandma

also the standard of living has increased greatly since say my grandparents day, luxury items of their day are much more affordable today

mind you then you get families like the Kent's, who have had to sell off pieces to fund their lifestyle? property upkeep maybe ?

oh i finished The Duke of Kents book
it was a pleasure, (no mention of jewels)
it was like a quiet marrander in the English countryside (as opposed to a quick stroll) through recent-ish history
as if you were sitting having a cup of tea or ginger beer and sticky buns with HRH under a big old oak tree

very enjoyable and nothing to raise anyone's blood pressure

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Margaret did own a few paste jewels. In her defense, these were antiques and pretty much collectables. I haven't seen her wear them at Covent Garden, for example, and suspect that they made occasional outings on Mustique and some other private events.

QWUk9kuTURBXy83MjliNTc5ZC1jZTdjLTRjZDktOGMzNC1lN2QyYTgwZTZjYWYuanBlZ5KVAwMAzQckzQQEkwXNA0jNAfreAAKhMAWhMQE

a229ba268e105a4e20795850b8598970.jpg

i knew you would know :kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fpf8xgQX0AA7rZI

ok first up
Good princess going to visit old people
but old people like brooches and pearls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
another Queen of Spain
but one that understands that Queening requires a brooch

queen-sofia-attends-iberoamerican-patronage-awards-by-callia-foundation-2023.jpg

Queen Sofia Attends "Iberoamerican Patronage Awards" By Callia Foundation 2023​

queen-sofia-attends-iberoamerican-patronage-awards-by-callia-foundation-2023.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so its ok to talk about the corrination here if you guys are picking out Tiaras
i might take the golden poppies or Queen Sonja's star wars number
AVvXsEhPg1ViLWZiivU3rNg2bu6qbqyIb-GPYD3QobruUEgIimp2IPVMT08C743YsckxoSNSsMtVUJn8vDRGNs262g8UE9BuU70KOz0Q0UsTtnSyTSxaAoj5nAVgiibdcnB_UESFZikKTe3SsapQtfWOrw_qN9OiFUQa1OUs-zSmstpCjgMZDYxsOidp2nWnDA=w237-h320

SONJA%2Bgolden%2Btiara%2Bkongehuset.no.jpg

but i have this secrete love and i dont know if it still exsists
CartierLondonCitrineDiamondTiaraMadeForCoronationGeorgeVI1937Photo-N.Welsh.jpg__1536x0_q75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg

or i could ask Princess Astrid for a loan
AVvXsEgu9QaP_7u_FXq6SFEiv-WudkcVKcK7FXHxItx0PWiwjEaWGJKnJibDY0QrhhgX3ALF_7dQ9tp1At7TK5Q9u4AFveqI_1dK4DmpSapFSKMMLA3tYtE-H62L2gs1iaJFtCHh7myx7k_oNaq3h5FBOskT8iHJ3T6_1cQvOODIoxyH0zAXpLt2DB6dEFcptQ=w225-h320

im hand on heart not taking the pi**
i love these tiaras

or do i go more tradional

Turquoise%2BTiara%2B%2528%2529%2BEmpress%2BFarah%2Bof%2BIran%2B5.jpg

Empress Farah of Iran's turquoises and diamonds becaue i love turquoise and Brigitet might be wearing her's

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so anyway back to hard faced stone cold reality :(2
sigh:wall:
inflatiion is killing me and now the cyclone has the reserve bank hiking interest rates :(2
so with only about two months to go i dont think i'll be commsioning my pearl and Larima tiara/ i mean choker for Charlie's corrination:cry2:

still i want to celebrate the occasion in some way :appl:
proabably just with my 1989 faux pearl and faux gold choker ( that i have worn as a tiara :lol-2: )

perhaps i host an afternoon tea for the ladies from work -although working at a bakery we are all sick of the sight of cake and sandwhiches etc by the weekend

i have always thought this was the prettiest of all the cups and saucesrs of the 1953/54 corrination tour

i just got my 6th trio left on my doorstep about an hour ago
i just need one more side plate (one got broken in the post a few years back-its all at the recievers risk here)

in the 6 years ive been buying them they have come down in price
this one was only $30
Prince Philip looks like Prince Edward do you think?

HM wears the George IV State Diadem on the tea cup but actually she packed her great granny's Kokoshnik which was the first time she had worn it, to open parliment in Wellington
1909196788.jpg

1909197138.jpg

1909197398.jpg
1909197244.jpg

HM in her corrination dress to open NZ parliment
9599463.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just watched this
its 10 min long and not a lot of jewles
it was back when spairs and their wives knew how to behave
mind you i have read that when the duke of Windsor visited as PoW he was bored

the then Duke and Duchess of York visit NZ in 1927
Bertie is very handsome and the smiling Duchess is smiling
as king and Queen they never got to NZ, the war, then the King's ill heath cancelled a tour in i think 1947 ( i have a bakalite box from that tour that never was)

but the Queen mum returned in her widowhod
yes, she fished for trout in pearls !
eb3744dd520a1eec1cd216a2439172a7.jpg

Last edited:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

I think I would wear the newest one from my collection!!:D:D:D:D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
sophie-wessex-t.jpg

TRHs The Earl & Countess of Wessex in Cayman.
although not sure about thIs top photo as the outfit looks too hot for the Caribian

sophie-wessex-caribbean-z.jpg

soph20.jpg

sophie-wessex-white-trousers-z.jpg
GettyImages-477581133-scaled.jpg

i do not see any brooching going on

100-Women-in-Finance-min.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so CP Victoria and Prince Daniel were in Aussie last week
did anyone see this ?
images

2023-0219-victoria04.jpg

$650 i think US$$$ from Swarosvski
i once wasted like $150 NZ on a Swarosvski necklace one xmas
it was sparkly but hideously overpriced and will look like junk when someone clears my stuff out when im dead

Earrings are topaz
crown_princess_victoria43.jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
so CP Victoria and Prince Daniel were in Aussie last week
did anyone see this ?
images

2023-0219-victoria04.jpg

$650 i think US$$$ from Swarosvski
i once wasted like $150 NZ on a Swarosvski necklace one xmas
it was sparkly but hideously overpriced and will look like junk when someone clears my stuff out when im dead

Earrings are topaz
crown_princess_victoria43.jpeg

She's so pretty!
I've been meaning to post this photo for days, but didn't really got to doing it.
victoria-sydney-stor.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results