shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1304443696|2911281 said:
Thanks Alexander. I was pleasently surprised by the Princess Royal's appearance at the wedding festives. It was nice to see her wearing her sapphires. She mush enjoy them (and who can blame her)...

A few other ladies I'd like of focus on:
First is my favourite Birgitte - aka The Duchess of Gloucester, who were her beautiful emerald, pearl amd diamond jewels and two pearl/diamond bracelets:
The Duchess of Kent wore her amethyst cross on a string of pearls, also pearl and diamond earrings:

Princess Alexandra of Kent firstly wore a simple chain, but as she was leaving the party, there was her pearl and cabochon emerald choker. The Princess also wore her pearl and diamond pendant earrings and emerald ring:

Thanks for finding some pictures of some other royals that hadn't been brought up yet Bobby!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
SanDiegoLady|1304334433|2909850 said:
AGBF|1304170204|2908547 said:
JewelFreak|1304168466|2908537 said:
Hard to believe P. Anne's husband really said that -- I hope it was lip-read wrong. So, what's his fabulous background? He's no more royal than Kate is.

I thought it was supposedly Anne who who smirked and made the, "rags to riches" comment. She has always thought too much of herself. I remember years ago thinking she had no manners when someone supposedly said, "your mother" to her and she rudely corrected the person to say, "Are you referring to her majesty the Queen?" She's probably jealous that she wasn't even allowed to marry her current husband in the Church of England (let alone Westminster Abbey) and had to flee to Scotland to marry him at all unless she wanted to get married the way Charles and Camilla did in some dusty Guild Hall. Since she spends most of her time with her horses, I think she should have gotten married in the stable where she learned her manners.

AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

edited for spelling

Yes, it was Anne who turned to her husband & said that.. fairly catty I'd say. Its not as if her husband isn't a commoner? Besides, Kate's parents while not on the financial status of Royals uh, isn't doing so poorly.. as they are worth multi millions themselves. Regardless, the comment I watched a couple of times & several friends also confirmed in shock what had been said.

I guess I'm in a twist about it because they treated Diana so badly and I'd hate for the same to happen to sweet Kate. I love that she & William love eachother, it shows.. ♥

Something tells me that William WILL NOT put up with such behavior directed at Kate!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ara Ann|1304452901|2911430 said:
TL|1304446668|2911334 said:
Ara Ann|1304446155|2911323 said:
JewelFreak|1304444857|2911299 said:
Sarah McCorquodale, Princess Diana's sister, wore the earrings worn by Diana on her own wedding day, in response to William's comment that he wished for his mother's presence at his wedding. They originally belonged to Diana's and Sarah's mother, Frances Shand Kydd, and were Diana's "something borrowed." The earrings consist of a pear-shaped diamond surrounded by 50 smaller diamonds. Lady Sarah had them sent back from America where they were touring as part of an exhibit about Diana.

Interesting that Catherine's wedding earrings also had a teardrop shape drop. I wonder if this was done on purpose to be similar to Diana's?

I thought of that too!! However, I love Diana's earrings in the closeup much more than Kate's. I was looking at that jeweler's website (Pedhlam - sp?), and I wasn't that impressed with the workmanship or some of the designs. Unfortunately, the "new royals" don't read Pricescope. LOL!

LOL, that would be amazing, wouldn't it? We could be of SO much assistance to them! :mrgreen:

And yes, Diana's family heirloom earrings have more of a presence that only older pieces can evoke, IMO. Catherine's earrings are pretty, but don't have the depth of character that comes with wear and age. Perhaps they will age along with her! ;)) I'd love to look at the jewelers website though, if you remember the name, please share it! Now I am curious!

AraAnn,
Here is the website for the jeweler that did much of the Middleton jewelry for the day, including for Pippa, and Carole, and the earrings.

http://www.robinsonpelham.com/

Kate Middleton's earrings are on the home page, after the intro. In all honesty, I think there are many vendors recommended and used by Pricescopers, that blow this jeweler away. They have very boring and non-unique designs.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1304473198|2911711 said:
Ara Ann|1304452901|2911430 said:
TL|1304446668|2911334 said:
Ara Ann|1304446155|2911323 said:
JewelFreak|1304444857|2911299 said:
Sarah McCorquodale, Princess Diana's sister, wore the earrings worn by Diana on her own wedding day, in response to William's comment that he wished for his mother's presence at his wedding. They originally belonged to Diana's and Sarah's mother, Frances Shand Kydd, and were Diana's "something borrowed." The earrings consist of a pear-shaped diamond surrounded by 50 smaller diamonds. Lady Sarah had them sent back from America where they were touring as part of an exhibit about Diana.

Interesting that Catherine's wedding earrings also had a teardrop shape drop. I wonder if this was done on purpose to be similar to Diana's?

I thought of that too!! However, I love Diana's earrings in the closeup much more than Kate's. I was looking at that jeweler's website (Pedhlam - sp?), and I wasn't that impressed with the workmanship or some of the designs. Unfortunately, the "new royals" don't read Pricescope. LOL!

LOL, that would be amazing, wouldn't it? We could be of SO much assistance to them! :mrgreen:

And yes, Diana's family heirloom earrings have more of a presence that only older pieces can evoke, IMO. Catherine's earrings are pretty, but don't have the depth of character that comes with wear and age. Perhaps they will age along with her! ;)) I'd love to look at the jewelers website though, if you remember the name, please share it! Now I am curious!

AraAnn,
Here is the website for the jeweler that did much of the Middleton jewelry for the day, including for Pippa, and Carole, and the earrings.

http://www.robinsonpelham.com/

Kate Middleton's earrings are on the home page, after the intro. In all honesty, I think there are many vendors recommended and used by Pricescopers, that blow this jeweler away. They have very boring and non-unique designs.

Thank you for the link!

Some of the pieces were interesting, there is a big difference in styles between these and the US designers, especially the engagement rings. I also noticed looking through the different collections, they seem to be offering a lot more yellow gold than what I have seen here. Looking at jewelry is always enjoyable! :mrgreen:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pippa had earrings made by this jeweler as well. Instead of the acorn, it had a diamond drop, but they were pretty similar in style to Kate's.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today TM The King and Queen of Sweden's State Visit to Poland started. In the evening there was a black tie dinner in TM's honour, hosted by President & Mrs. Komorowski. At the dinner Queen Silvia wore a new royal blue dress (another Yuki design?), complemented by Queen Victoria's sapphire and pearl necklace, pearl pendant earrings and diamond and sapphire bracelets:
20110504_PD2011.jpg
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...ef=54130191-EGWAASGWPOOPSPRGOCOSESSRPO&w=true
20110504_PD2007.jpg
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...ref=54130166-EGWAASGWPOOPSPRGHTROSATHA&w=true

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1304464372|2911547 said:
Thanks for finding some pictures of some other royals that hadn't been brought up yet Bobby!

It was my pleasure, Maria!

Here are photos of some members of the British and the foreign royal families (also one of the bride's mother)
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall wore her pair of diamond clover brooches:
71871a.jpg
The bride's mother, Mrs Carole Middleton, and her diamond and tourmaline jewels:
72011a.jpg
HRH The Princess Royal in pearl necklace, pearl'n'diamond earrings and diamond brooch (it was nice to see HRH with a slightly different hairstyle):
71881a.jpg
Daughter Zara wore diamond studs:
71921a.jpg
Her sister-in-law Autumn Phililps wore her wedding gift pearl earrings and pendant (not visible here). Also in this photo one can see the diamond clasp of Viscountess Linley's pearl necklace:
71931a.jpg
Viscountess Linley (with a new hairstyle) wore a three row pearl necklace, diamond floret earrings and flower brooch (courtesy Tamara, RJWMB):
719512a.jpg
Last but not least, here's a photo of Lady Frederik Windsor, wearing her mother-in-law's pearl and diamond earrings:
5884212a.jpg

To be continued...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

HM Queen Margrethe II wore her diamond daisy brooch, a single strand pearl necklace and diamond earrings:
71951a.jpg
HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg wire a pearl necklace and pearl poire earrings (I'd say they are a firm fav of Maria Teresa):
72041a.jpg
Miss Charlene Wittstock wore simple earrings with what looks like a large button pearl and a diamond (or metal?) border:
72021a.jpg
HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore the small diamond pendant earrings, pearl pendant and diamond'n'pearl brooch (als a watch & a diamond bracelet):
71971a.jpg
HRH Princess Maxima of the Netherlands was among the most bejeweled ladies (after Princess Mathilde and the bride). HRH wore a diamond riviere, diamond pendant earrings, bracelets, rings and some of the O-N diamond stars on her hat (slightly visible in that photo):
71961a.jpg
HRH the Duchess of Brabant wore her diamond tiara (!), diamond rose brooch, a pair of bracetes and pearl and diamond earrings (new?):
duchessbrabant_wcw.jpg

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the lovely pictures, Bobby. All the ladies here looked so nice. P. Maxima as usual & Zara & Charlene Wittstock too. I'll bet her wedding dress will also be ultra simple & elegant. The only mistake, to my taste, is Queen Margarethe's hat, which could probably receive communications from Pluto. But I love her brooch, perfect. The tiara of the Duchess of Brabant makes a stunning necklace.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here are a few more.

The Countess of Wessex looked terrific at the dinner the night before the wedding. For once she wore plenty of sparklies! Does anyone know anything about her necklace? Haven't seen it before & I couldn't find any info on it. I hope it is really hers & not borrowed. What about her gorgeous earrings?

--- Laurie

610x (5).jpg

8888888884.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
As usual Princess Letizia made me sigh with admiration. Her simple earrings were perfect with her complex dress, which I had to include because it's so goooorgeous!!

7779.jpg

44441.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
I agree with you JewelFreak. Sophie looked wonderful in the dress, and the color was wonderful on her. I also like the length she is wearing her hair now. Just kind of wish she did not have such obvious tan lines at the strap area. Loved the necklace, and hope for her sake it's hers to keep. Looks very good on her.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Buckingham Palace has announced that there will be an exhibition of the queen's private treasures as part of the Diamond Jubilee in 2012. Here are a few snippets...

queenvicotircolletnecklace.jpg

queenvictoria snuff box.jpg

queenvictoriacornw.jpg

queenvictoriawaterfallbrooch.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, that's worth getting on a plane for London for! Wow. Thanks, Maria! That snuff box is incredible -- but impossible to imagine QV taking snuff! I'm laughing, just trying.

Is that the tiny crown Victoria used to wear? It's always been one of my very favorite.

--- Laurie

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
How many carrots is the lovely necklace

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
About 100 and a few pieces of celery. :D

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1304796359|2914959 said:
Is that the tiny crown Victoria used to wear? It's always been one of my very favorite.

--- Laurie

Yup, that's the one!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
QueenShelly|1304798511|2915000 said:
How many carrots is the lovely necklace

Don't forget the ranch dressing to dip it in.... :lol:

But seriously, I've read that the necklace is over 150 carats, with the main stone (the Lahore Diamond) being 22 carats...I counted 26 stones total in the necklace.

jean95404

Rough_Rock
Re: Royal Jewels photos

Deep breath...oh my....sigh. My husband and I were going on a cruise for our 30th anniversary, now....maybe a trip to London instead of the Caribbean.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. London and Edinburgh -- another exhibition at Holyrood House of other jewelry.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1304555287|2912520 said:
Thanks for the lovely pictures, Bobby. All the ladies here looked so nice. P. Maxima as usual & Zara & Charlene Wittstock too. I'll bet her wedding dress will also be ultra simple & elegant. The only mistake, to my taste, is Queen Margarethe's hat, which could probably receive communications from Pluto. But I love her brooch, perfect. The tiara of the Duchess of Brabant makes a stunning necklace.

--- Laurie

I just couldn't agree more, Laurie! But I do think that the laurel-leaf tiara is a bit too much for a daytime affair (however formal it might be).

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1304595298|2912865 said:
Here are a few more.

The Countess of Wessex looked terrific at the dinner the night before the wedding. For once she wore plenty of sparklies! Does anyone know anything about her necklace? Haven't seen it before & I couldn't find any info on it. I hope it is really hers & not borrowed. What about her gorgeous earrings?

--- Laurie

It was a nice surprice to see The Countess of Wessex with that new necklace and earrings. But I fear that, as has happened before, it will disappear after it's first outing. This makes me think it might be a loan from a jeweller, as HRH has done before.
Anyway, from some close-ups I've seen it looks like there are some yellow stones in the set, possibly diamonds.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1304793455|2914914 said:
Buckingham Palace has announced that there will be an exhibition of the queen's private treasures as part of the Diamond Jubilee in 2012. Here are a few snippets...

I was off to a family gathering for St. George's Day (East Orthodox style) and was really pleased to read some interesting royalty-related news, among which this one. I'm really looking forward to this exhibition's microsite and maybe I'll even purchase the catalogue.
Another well-known item that is to be shown is the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland tiara, BTW.
You can read more about the forthcoming exhibition and the jewels in it here - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tion-private-treasures-time-2012-Jubilee.html
And yopu can book tickets here - http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=945

JewelFreak|1304796359|2914959 said:
Oh my gosh, that's worth getting on a plane for London for! Wow. Thanks, Maria! That snuff box is incredible -- but impossible to imagine QV taking snuff! I'm laughing, just trying.

--- Laurie

Impossible indeed as it was Queen Mary who bought it and thanks to her it's now in the Royal Collection. But nevertheless an incredible sniff box, indeed.
More about it here - http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/e...ff+box&x=0&y=0&pagesize=20&object=9044&row=10

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1304885379|2915532 said:
Impossible indeed as it was Queen Mary who bought it and thanks to her it's now in the Royal Collection. But nevertheless an incredible sniff box, indeed.

Bobby

No easier to imagine Queen Mary taking snuff, eh, Bobby?

Your idea of buying the catalog is fabulous! I think I will too. There may be (I hope) pieces in this exhibition that haven't been seen in some time. How I would love to be the photographer who takes the pics for the catalog!

--- Laurie

P.S. The S-I-L of a high-school friend of mine was a photographer for National Geographic Magazine. I'll never forget how GREEN I felt when my friend said her S-I-L photographed the jewelry & gems at the Smithsonian for an article. What an experience!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Odd as it is, I find it easier to imagine Queen Mary taking a snuff than her beloved aunt and grandmother-in-law Queen Victoria RI, for whom the QV in your original post tsands. I don't think Queen Victoria has ever seen this particular box.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1304793455|2914914 said:

First time I saw the Waterfall Brooch in such detail

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1304885379|2915532 said:

Bobby

Thanks Bobby! I was mislead by 3 pictures that were from Queen Victoria...I incorrectly assumed all 4 pictures were from her.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Remember last week's Swedish State Visit to Poland? Well, I just realised I'd forgotten to post a photo from the return dinner at the Sheraton hotel in Warsaw. The Queen wore Princess Sibylla's long necklace of large pearls and poiré pearl earrings. I love the coordination between HM's dress and the flowers almost as much as I love the vases themselvs (some may remeber such vases with monograms from the Victoria & Daniel's wedding last year).
20110505_PD3326.jpg
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...ref=54169396-EGWAASGWPOOPSPSGAORTWCOHW&w=true
20110505pd3301.jpg
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...ef=54169451-EGWAASGWPOOPSPSGOTWEEAREWW&w=true

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another State Visit. This time from the Norwegian royal couple to Slovenia. Last night there was a (white tie) State Banquet at which The Queen wore the Maltese cross tiara (with 3 crosses), two diamond collet necklace, diamond pendant earrings and the forth cross as brooch. This is by far the best photo of the circlet/tiara I've ever seen, but I wish HM wore it the way Queen Maud wore it - like a regal circlet.
Interesting to see that the first lady has recieved the Norwgian order of Merit.
Scale02.jpg
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset/81/48/storage/file.image.jpg/Scale?geometry=800>x600>
Scale.jpg
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehuset/81/30/storage/file.image.jpg/Scale?geometry=800>x600>
Rear view:
20110509pd3311_0.jpg
http://www.picturedesk.com/bild-dis...ref=54257081-EGWAASGWPOOPSPTGHPCSSHHSA&w=true

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results