shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
King George VI Victorian Sapphire Tiara - this tiara is referenced on the msn website, mentioned as part of a suite. Don't think I have seen it before. Please comment. Thanks

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1301430876|2882864 said:
King George VI Victorian Sapphire Tiara - this tiara is referenced on the msn website, mentioned as part of a suite. Don't think I have seen it before. Please comment. Thanks

The Princess Elizabeth (now HM The Queen) received a Victorian suite of diamond & sapphire necklace and earrings as wedding present from her father. The necklace weas altered in 1952 and a tiara was added to the set in 1963. The tiara was originally a sapphire necklace owned by Princess Louise of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (nee of Belgium). Thought the tiara is Victorian in style (and manufacture), it has nothing to do with George VI.
Here are two photos that show HM wearing the "parure":

Regards,
Bobby

1337rr.jpg

52103674.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
As I said earlier, The Princes & Princess are on an official visit to Portugal. Yesterday evening there was a gala dinner in TRH 's honour at which The Duchess of Cornwall wore sappire and diamond jewellery. The earringsa are from the demi-parure from the Saudis and the pendant looks like the central pandant on the grand necklace:http://www.life.com/image/110969499
HRH also had a diamond bracelet:http://www.life.com/image/110969007

TRH The Duke & Duchess of Bragança were also present at the gala dinner (as well as today). Dona Isabel wore long (diamond) earrings:

Bobby

110969499.jpg

110969007.jpg

1488225.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today (Day 2) Camilla wore simpler jewels for her visit to la Casa De Proteccao E Amparo De Santo Antonio and Lisbon Jockey Club - pearl and diamond earrings and some lovely bracelets*
A closer photo of HRH's bracelets - http://www.life.com/image/111043064
*I'm not mad about charm bracelets but this one I really like! Also nice to see a clear photo of HRH's blue-stone bracelet.

Bobby

111051875.jpg

111043088.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a nice shot of Rose Astor at her wedding to Hugh van Custem. This is from an article about Catherine's hen party.

1 month to go!!!!! :appl:

astortiara.jpg

ausiegem

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any info on the tiara that Rose Astor is wearing in her wedding photo that Lady A posted?

ausiegem

Rough_Rock
Whoops sorry, that was Lady Maria that posted the pic. :oops:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Prince & Princess of Wales today started their (first) three-day visit to Sapin. They were received by the Prince & Princess of Asturias and in the evening the two princely couples attended a gala dinner. At the recieving ceremony The Duchess wore her four-row pearl choker with diamond clasp, pearl earrings and gold bracelet(s). The Princess wore her diamond star earrings.
In the evening Doña Camilla, glamorous as never before, wore her favourite set of diamond necklace and earrings and also a diamond braclet. Doña Letizia wore the earrings from the morning and one of her bracetes (her second favourite).
A video from the morning - http://www.elpais.com/videos/gente/...ita/Espana/elpepugen/20110330elpepuage_1/Ves/
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06LY8Wf2zU8Pr/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0aZcf7wgf2fxo/610x.jpg
Bobby

x61yu0.jpg

610x.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1301440532|2883012 said:
I found this story very interesting...if the dress plan had been let out, I wonder if she still would have worn the Spencer tiara...

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20395222_20476911,00.html

They're both ugly. I'm sorry, but Princess Di's dress was the ugliest wedding dress I have ever seen. I think trashy bridesmaid dresses look better. I hated it the day she wore it, it's so frumpy and old fashioned, even for Queen Victoria!! Thank goodness that was the low point for her taste for style, as she went up hill from there.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1301526972|2883810 said:

I am sure someone has asked this before many pages back, but can anyone tell me about the DoC's necklace? I thinks is glorious and the duchess has proved yet again how well she wears big jewels.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
neil31uk|1301586928|2884282 said:
I am sure someone has asked this before many pages back, but can anyone tell me about the DoC's necklace? I thinks is glorious and the duchess has proved yet again how well she wears big jewels.

The Duchess of Cornwall has worn this necklace and earrings since early in her second marriage. There is a Testino photo of her wearing the set from 2006. Her Royal Highness wore the earrings also at the CHOGM in 2005 (with the Greville necklace & tiara).
I have only once read something about theit provenance - that they were made using diamonds from a tiara that the Prince had bought at an auction. I, however, don't know if that's true and take it with a grin of salt. But I do think it's fairly safe to say that the presenter is Charles.
See Mario Testino's photos here - http://www.mariotestino.com/page/222

PS: Nice to see that at least one person here shares my opinion that the DoC wears big jewels nicely :)

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1301609264|2884591 said:
The Duchess of Alba was also present last night and wore some quite breath-taking (at lest they took my breath away!) emeralds

Bobby

Yikes!! Who put the poodle on her head? And what what was with the weird psuedo-feather look.

Dorothy wants her slippers back too....

I do have to agree that Camilla looked pretty good in that blue color. The necklace and earrings were just right...I don't think they were too big.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1301797780|2886364 said:
Christies to auction Elizabeth Taylor's jewels.

Too bad, the La Peregrina pearl really belongs in a museum. It is an important historical piece.

You've got that right TL!!!! I really hope that the book on her jewels will be re-released. It has been on my list to get someday, but her death sent the prices soaring! And with the collection being dispersed, this would be a good time to update the photos before the auction!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I just bragged about Bobby and Alexander's wealth of knowledge on the tiara page, so I hope one of them (or anyone else for that matter since I was also bragging about the Royal Jewels posters in general) can tell me who this is and what tiara she's wearing.

lovely bride, lovely tiara.jpg_thumb.png

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1301840845|2886585 said:
I just bragged about Bobby and Alexander's wealth of knowledge on the tiara page, so I hope one of them (or anyone else for that matter since I was also bragging about the Royal Jewels posters in general) can tell me who this is and what tiara she's wearing.

Thanks for bragging me and Alexander on this and the other thread, dear Maria!
Yes, happen to know who that beautiful woman is - that's HSH Nadja, The Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe (nee Zsoeks). In 2007 she married The Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (named Alexander), who divorced his first wife in 2002. They have one daughter. I know nothing about the tiara, but I do think that her mother-in-law, The Dowager Princess, also wore it at her wedding.

See a photo sans watermark here - http://www.life.com/image/74964754

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attended a gala for the World Childhood Foundation at Hillsboro Beach, Florida.
The Queen (back to work after an illness & with a nwe hair-style) wore her modern V-shaped diamond necklace with the new ruby pendant, her diamond bar brooch and ruby and diamond earrings:
wchf_galaQ.jpg

The Princess opted for cosume jewels :(
wchf_galaQM.jpg

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1301864861|2886909 said:
LadyMaria|1301840845|2886585 said:

Thanks for bragging me and Alexander on this and the other thread, dear Maria!
Yes, happen to know who that beautiful woman is - that's HSH Nadja, The Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe (nee Zsoeks). In 2007 she married The Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (named Alexander), who divorced his first wife in 2002. They have one daughter. I know nothing about the tiara, but I do think that her mother-in-law, The Dowager Princess, also wore it at her wedding.

See a photo sans watermark here - http://www.life.com/image/74964754

Bobby

I knew you wouldn't let me down Bobby!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1301866245|2886935 said:
Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine attended a gala for the World Childhood Foundation at Hillsboro Beach, Florida.
The Queen (back to work after an illness & with a nwe hair-style) wore her modern V-shaped diamond necklace with the new ruby pendant, her diamond bar brooch and ruby and diamond earrings:
wchf_galaQ.jpg

The Princess opted for cosume jewels :(
wchf_galaQM.jpg

Bobby

While I am very glad to hear that HM is feeling better, I am not crazy about her dress. The top looks like a giant pillow with a big button in the middle, and the odd stripes in the skirt look like pleats that can't make up their mind if they should be there or not.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1301951021|2887685 said:
I knew you wouldn't let me down Bobby!

It was a pleasure, Maria!

LadyMaria|1301951241|2887687 said:
While I am very glad to hear that HM is feeling better, I am not crazy about her dress. The top looks like a giant pillow with a big button in the middle, and the odd stripes in the skirt look like pleats that can't make up their mind if they should be there or not.

The dress is one of Yuki's creations for Queen Silvia. The first (out of two) time Her Majesty wore at the State Banquet in her & The King's honour in Tokyo. The designer, whose real name is Gnyuki Torimaru, is know for his unconventional way of cutting the fabric and creating something with a mix of Japanese & Art Deco style. I happen to rather like his creations (perhaps beacause I love Art Deco). Among his designes for Queen Silvia are the 2006 and 2007 Nobel dresses and the dresses from the Day After dinner in 2010 and the State Visit to Portugal (also worn at the Representation Dinner earlier this year). Yuki has also created dresses for Diana, Princess of Wales (worn at the Imperial Palace in 1986) and Princess Lilian (worn at the Millennium Ball).
This particular dress looks better without the large button or at least when it's covered with a sash, in my opinion.

The Swedish Queen and The Japanese Empress in Tokyo, 2007
5373610.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The King & Queen of Norway host a State Visit from the President of Lithuania. In the eveing there was the traditional State Banquet at which The Queen wore the small setting of the pearl tiara and a pearl choker with drop, The Crown Princess wore her wedding tiara and the diamond Art Deco earrings, Princess Astrid's jewels for the evening are a mystery to me(!).
1302033364000_20110405-_4_3718912698x698r.jpg

More photos from the State Visit (including the banquet) can be seen here - http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article5555976.ece

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Albert II, The Prince of Monaco, and his fiancée, Miss Charlene Wittstock, are on a State Visit to the Republic of Ireland. This is The Prince's first State Visit and it marks the 50th anniversary of his parents' visit to the country. In the evening there was a (black tie) gala at which Mlle Wittstock wore some impressive diamond earrings and bracelet by REPOSSI (official supplier to the princely court). Mlle Wittstock wore similar jewels (in rose gold, I believe) at a gala in 2010.
465454.jpg
545454.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1302045673|2888701 said:
The King & Queen of Norway host a State Visit from the President of Lithuania. In the eveing there was the traditional State Banquet at which The Queen wore the small setting of the pearl tiara and a pearl choker with drop, The Crown Princess wore her wedding tiara and the diamond Art Deco earrings, Princess Astrid's jewels for the evening are a mystery to me(!).

More photos from the State Visit (including the banquet) can be seen here - http://www.siste.no/Innenriks/article5555976.ece

Bobby

On a second thought, is it possible that Princess Astrid's bandeau from tonight is her mother's diamond bracelet/bandeau, a wedding present from the then Swedish King (worn in the photo below)?
OlavMartha_DaimondBracelet2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1302044899|2888692 said:
[
This particular dress looks better without the large button or at least when it's covered with a sash, in my opinion.

Agreed! It doesn't look quite so pillow-like with the button thingy covered.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed looking at the site Bobby posted about the Norway/Lithuania state visit (even though it was in Norwegian!). As I looked through the 40+ pictures I was surprised, and pleased, to see how many guests showed up in traditional Norwegian dress. I thought that was pretty cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results