Prinses Astrid

4069706.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 6:52:59 AM
Author: robinj

Date: 8/14/2009 1:04:39 AM
Author: loriken214
I read that Princess Michael of Kent is quite the jewelry collector. Does anyone have photos of her collection?

Lori
I don''t know much/anything about the Princess Michael of Kent, but don''t recall ever hearing a nice word about her.
I''m aware that this is more than slightly off topic, but the text is so funny I hope I''m excused...

http://scandalouswoman.blogspot.com/2008/08/princess-pushy-fabulous-life-of.html

I like HM QEII''s quote that ''She sounds a bit grand to us''.
Interesting reading....thank you for posting this!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 1:49:09 PM
Author: Josefine
Mette-Marit

WoW! I've been away of my home and computer for less than two weeks, but you've posted so many great pictures (espescialy of the Dutch royals). Thanks to all that contribute to this thread.

Josefine do you (or anyone else) know if Mate Marit's wearing a pink diamond on her pinkie (the solitaire ring)?

Bobby

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 1:04:39 AM
Author: loriken214
I read that Princess Michael of Kent is quite the jewelry collector. Does anyone have photos of her collection?
Lori

You could say that. There''s quite a bit of technicalities/complexities involving the Kent jewelry collection, and I would recommend checking out these links for more info:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/kent-jewels-6043.html

and

http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/kent/

Below, Princess Michael in all her splendor.

PMoK.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a small close-up of one of the Kent''s most recognizable tiaras. It''s rather splendid, isn''t it?
1.gif

marinastiara.GIF

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Here are TRH the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. I personally dislike Princess Michael, but there''s absolutely no denying that she wears jewels well, or that she''s just stunning in general. I also think it''s downright eerie just how much Prince Michael resembles his semidistant cousin, Tsar Nicholas II. Had the Tsar lived to old age, I imagine he''d look something like Prince Michael does now.

trhok.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of The Queen of Spain waering Evil Eye necklace and maybe Easter eggs pendants. As far as I know HM wears a bracelet with the engraved names of her garnd children. Has anyone seen it?

85918184.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 2:45:27 PM
Author: robinj
I know it''s not the best picture, but it shows off so much of the bernadotte collection that i just can''t help myself.

It''s the night before HM the king of Swedens wedding to Silvia Sommerlath.

Eyes on the women of second row;

First we have HRH Princess Lilian, duchess of Halland wearing her own laurel leaf tiara. (In front of her, Marianne Bernadotte in blue.)

Then we have HRH Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen wearing the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure. Third lady is Princess Margreth, mrs Ambler, wearing Queen Sophias nine prong diamond tiara and *I think* the Napoleonic amethyst necklace that HMQ Silvia had reset into a tiara in the mid 80s (See the previous picture of Desirée wearing it).

Fourth is the already mentioned Princess Desirée baroness Silfverschiöld, wearing what i *think* is her own tiara (that I know nothing about) it could be the Baden Fringe tiara, but it looks a bit small for that. It also looks like she''s wearing the Pink topaz parure, that also comes from the first french empire.

In front of her I think is HMQ Sonja of Norway wearing.... Is it the emeralds or the diamond tiara that got stolen in the early 90s? I cannot see.

Fifth is youngest of the kings sisters, Princess Christina mrs Magnusson wearing the four button tiara, and it looks like the necklace of saphires and pearls that Victoria of Baden got as an engagemengpresent from her her future husband, Gustaf V together with huge glasses (although when it comes to huge eyewear she cannot rival Uhro Kekkonen, president of Finland, in front of her.)

Now; does anyone know who the women in blue, in front of and behind Princess Margareta are? It looks like they are someone. I''m also curious of the woman in yellow, in front of HRH Princess Birgitta.

Hi, Robinj!

The woman with the yellow dress on the first row is HRH The Duchess of Gloucester. For that occasion she''s wearing one of her diamond necklaces converted into tiara. Some bracelets were also used.
The woman in the middle of the first row is the late Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. HRH''s als wearing a convertible diamond and sapphire bracelet.
I don''t know who the other woman in blue is'' but she is a familiar one.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if Princess Michel of Kent had any serious jewels before her mariage to the Prince, so I''ll start with a wedding photograph - The fringe tiara - a wedding gift to princess Marina from the City of London; the diamond earrings also belonged to the late Duchess. Marie Christine also wears some pearl chokers from her late mother-in-law''s collection. One of these chokers is sometimes worn by the present Duchess of Kent - Katharine.

article103018901C4668900000578580468431.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Again the fring tiara and the diamond earrings, but the central stones are changed from diamonds to sapphires. The Flower brooch is part of a necklace. I belive it''s diamonds and sapphires.

pmk2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results