did she keep her title?

0148235_0029.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Sofia

GAS2078780_041.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
A diamond necklace and bracelet belonging to Her Royal Highness The Duchess of York are displayed 06 December after being retrieved by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The jewels, a present from the Queen estimated to be worth 500,000 USD, were stolen from baggage checked on to a British Airways flight from JFK Airport 04 December.

5259951.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 9:31:08 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/12/2009 9:21:58 AM
Author: robinj
It should be natural pearls since it''s older then the technique to cultivate pearls in an efficent manner...

Picture: Empress Josephine of the French people wearing what I''m told is the original setting of the cameos.
Considering the rarity of natural ROUND pearls, that tiara is really amazing. Thanks again for the wonderful picture.
My guess is that they are natural because of the age of the tiara, but if anyone says otherwise I gladly surrender. :)

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:01:50 PM
Author: Josefine
Crown Princess Mary
I just love this kind of bracelets! always has! :)

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 9:55:53 AM
what kind of necklaces does mette marit have with historicle value
The royal family of Norway is a quite young royal family, so they haven''t gathered very much jewellery. Their most impressive piece - IMHO - is the emerald parure. This has also belonged to Empress Josephine of the French people. Later it belonged to her granddaughter Amelie of Leuchtenburg, Empress of Brazil, who, when she died, left all her jewellery to her sister, Josephine of Leuchtenburg, Queen of Sweden. It came to Norway via Princess Märta, crownprincess of Norway.

Some pendants of the necklace has been lost along the way, and two large pear-shaped emeralds in the tiara has been replaced by diamond honey-suckles to make the earrings.

BTW; The Leuchtenberg family must have had quite a jewellery-box. :)

Scale2.JPG

estelaris

Rough_Rock
yep that''s the one that i saw... i just couldnt get the pic to load. Thanks Robin I knew someone would help me out!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Princess Madeleine of Sweden just got engaged and i am
30.gif
enamoured
30.gif
of her ring!

Now lets see if i can manage to post a pic!

Wowser!.jpg

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh no im embarrassed - just realized this news has already been broken
9.gif
but hey, now i see we have two pics to ogle!

Now can anyone hasten a guess at the carat weight of that beauty?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is around 2 carats.

Here's the youtube video of their engagement anouncement. I have absolutely no idea what they're saying.
33.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fp4Baf9G30

. . . but at 2:31, you can see her show off her ring.
31.gif

Wow, they really look happy and in love. It's cute, he's rubbing her waist with his hands. No "whatever love means" talk here!!

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 11:03:59 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
My guess is around 2 carats.

Here's the youtube video of their engagement anouncement. I have absolutely no idea what they're saying.
33.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fp4Baf9G30

. . . but at 2:31, you can see her show off her ring.
31.gif

Wow, they really look happy and in love. It's cute, he's rubbing her waist with his hands. No 'whatever love means' talk here!!
rough summary;

First Madeleine talks about why they are making the engagement official at Solliden, the royal family's summer recidence, built by the kings great grand-mother, Queen Victoria of Baden. It's because the only place in Sweden QV enjoyed herself was at Solliden, and she preffered to stay in Italy, San Michele, and it was during a visit at San Michele that Jonas went down on his knees and popped the question. (And she replied "of course I want to!")

Then Jonas makes a brief presentation about himself; jobs, education and interrests.

Reporter: Did he have a ring?
Madeleine: Can you imagine; He did! It's the first day I get to wear it, so you can imagine how I longed to meet you!

Then they talk about wedding date and Madeleine explains that it will probably be late autumn or winter and after the wedding of CPV and Daniel Westling.

Jonas explains that he fell for her beutiful blue eyes and her wonderful laughter and the fact that she's such a positive person.
Madeleine also fell for Jonas' eyes and the fact that he's kind, caring and a wonderful freind.

Both declares that they will continue their proffessional life as before and adds that if they can stand by their partner once in a while, that would be nice (Jonas says it would be "nice and an honour").

Jonas is asked how it feels with the press there, and he says it's because the great interrest of the monarchy and of the princess, and he's there because he loves and is in love with the princess.
Madeleine adds "He's doing great, isn't he?"

Madeleine explains that they've got lots of advice about the engagement from the crownprincess and Daniel. Jonas reffers to Daniel as a "good freind".

Jonas is not dissapointed by the fact that he will not become prince but a mere duke (of Hälsingland and Gästrikland) and says that he was not even expecting that title, but is very grateful for it. He doesn't know much about his future dukedom yet (Except that Ockelbo, where Daniel comes from is nice. He's heard that from a "reliable source".) but is looking forward to getting to know it together with the princess.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:25:41 PM
A diamond necklace and bracelet belonging to Her Royal Highness The Duchess of York are displayed 06 December after being retrieved by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The jewels, a present from the Queen estimated to be worth 500,000 USD, were stolen from baggage checked on to a British Airways flight from JFK Airport 04 December.
I seriously cannot believe that jewels like these were checked in baggage rather then carried onto the plane.I would not let them out of my sight!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:05:04 PM
Queen Sofia
Look at those evil eye bracelets!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 1:52:23 PM
From the royal forum
its made by the members Her_Majesty
Mary is SO beautiful...thank you for posting this collage of her!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 10:39:23 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Princess Madeleine of Sweden just got engaged and i am
30.gif
enamoured
30.gif
of her ring!

Now lets see if i can manage to post a pic!
I love her ring....very elegant!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2009 2:00:31 AM
Author: jewelerman

Date: 8/12/2009 3:25:41 PM
I seriously cannot believe that jewels like these were checked in baggage rather then carried onto the plane.I would not let them out of my sight!
DITTO!!!!
23.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I read that Princess Michael of Kent is quite the jewelry collector. Does anyone have photos of her collection?

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2009 3:03:11 PM
Duchess of York, Sarah ferguson

did she keep her title?

I don't know but I know she is no longer Her Royal Highness The Princess Andrew Albert Christian Edward, Duchess of York, Countess of Inverness, Baroness Killyleagh.
3.gif

It's an interesting question. She is styled "Sarah, Duchess of York," so does this mean that Prince Andrew could marry again, and that Sarah is not "the" Duchess of York? I don't know.

I think that the answer is 'no,' though, because Diana's brother said at his sister's funeral, and I'm quoting, "...[Diana] needed no royal title" etc. referring to his sister after her divorce.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/15/2009 1:36:57 AM
Author: Imdanny

She is styled ''Sarah, Duchess of York,'' so does this mean that Prince Andrew could marry again, and that Sarah is not ''the'' Duchess of York? I don''t know.
Sarah Ferguson is, indeed, no longer The Duchess of York. She lost that very important title as well as the HRH with her divorce from Prince Andrew. If Prince Andrew wishes he can marry again and his new wife will be the next Duchess of York. Technically, Prince Charles'' new wife, Camilla, is HRH The Princess of Wales now, no matter what she wishes to be called for political reasons. On the other hand, the reason Prince Andrew has not married again may be for political reasons!

AGBF
34.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 1:04:39 AM
Author: loriken214
I read that Princess Michael of Kent is quite the jewelry collector. Does anyone have photos of her collection?

Lori
I don't know much/anything about the Princess Michael of Kent, but don't recall ever hearing a nice word about her.
I'm aware that this is more than slightly off topic, but the text is so funny I hope I'm excused...

http://scandalouswoman.blogspot.com/2008/08/princess-pushy-fabulous-life-of.html

I like HM QEII's quote that "She sounds a bit grand to us".

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen beatrix

7752367.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen beatrix

7752400.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
maxima the same pendet as beatrix bracelet

2109199.jpg