shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I love it too. Some time ago I was wondering whether to post it or not, but decided not to.
I love pictures from state visits between monarchs. There is something magnificent about them (the jewels I guess).
Apart from the HUGE Brganza tiara The Queen of Sweden also wears a big oval brooch, that I've seen on Queen Louise; big diamond drop earrings and a collet necklace with a pear pendant. Does anyone happen to know who the brooch's original owner was?
The Queen of England is (as you sugested) The GGB&I or Grany's tiara, the Greville chandelier earrings and the three row diamond necklace that her father created. I'm not sure about the brooch's name, but I'd say Queen Mary's True Lover's Knot.

Here is a side viey of the big and heavy Braganza tiara:

829821_04.0.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2009 12:18:37 PM
Author: robinj
I''ve found this quite funny picture of Princess Lillian of Sweden, duchess of Halland, celebrating the millenium.
No jewels, but sparkly. :) says something about her sence of humour.
26.gif
I LOVE this picture. It puts a big smile on my face. Thanks for posting it!
9.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I can't find anything about the brouch (so far) but it looks like HMQ Silvia is wearing these earrings that - I read somewhere - once have belonged to Marie Antoinette, but I want to add that I don't have reliable source on that...
To me it looks like the earrings HMQ Silvia had made from two diamonds she had "laying about" in the vault. They look a bit uneven, but maybe it's just the picture.

ma_earrings.JPG

estelaris

Rough_Rock
Yes, this is from the French State Visit.

here is a pic of what Letizia wore... absolutely stunning!
21.gif

Letizia 2.jpg

estelaris

Rough_Rock
here is another look...

Letizia3.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
She is adorable...but almost too thin...

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Finally found something about the oval brooch;

appearently it's called "the brazilian diamond brooch" and has come to Sweden through Queen Josephine of Leuchtenburg, whose sister was the empress of Brazil. (same way as the braganza tiara came to Sweden, but they don't seem to be part of the same set, do they?)

http://swedish-royal-jewlery.blogspot.com/2006/09/brazilian-broche.html

I've also seen a picture of her wearing the brooch in the back of her hair as a "hairclip", but I can't remember what the occiasion was and I can't find the picture...

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:15:33 AM
I''ve also seen a picture of her wearing the brooch in the back of her hair as a ''hairclip'', but I can''t remember what the occiasion was and I can''t find the picture...

Is this the picture you''re speaking of? I''m sorry it''s not of the highest quality!

kopievancollagezeegroen460x500.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
that''s the one!
thanx!

36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 2:42:27 AM
Author: UCLABelle
She is adorable...but almost too thin...

Yes, I always think the same thing.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is silvia and birgitta...

207268.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Desiree

TR5128.jpg

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 11:31:27 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 8/2/2009 12:18:37 PM
I''ve found this quite funny picture of Princess Lillian of Sweden, duchess of Halland, celebrating the millenium.
No jewels, but sparkly. :) says something about her sence of humour.
26.gif
I LOVE this picture. It puts a big smile on my face. Thanks for posting it!
9.gif
Haha, ditto TL! She looks like some crazy satellite ready to be placed into orbit!
3.gif
She seems like a great lady.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I know it's not the best picture, but it shows off so much of the bernadotte collection that i just can't help myself.

It's the night before HM the king of Swedens wedding to Silvia Sommerlath.
Eyes on the women of second row;
First we have HRH Princess Lilian, duchess of Halland wearing her own laurel leaf tiara. (In front of her, Marianne Bernadotte in blue.)

Then we have HRH Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen wearing the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure. Third lady is Princess Margreth, mrs Ambler, wearing Queen Sophias nine prong diamond tiara and *I think* the Napoleonic amethyst necklace that HMQ Silvia had reset into a tiara in the mid 80s (See the previous picture of Desirée wearing it).

Fourth is the already mentioned Princess Desirée baroness Silfverschiöld, wearing what i *think* is her own tiara (that I know nothing about) it could be the Baden Fringe tiara, but it looks a bit small for that. It also looks like she's wearing the Pink topaz parure, that also comes from the first french empire.
In front of her I think is HMQ Sonja of Norway wearing.... Is it the emeralds or the diamond tiara that got stolen in the early 90s? I cannot see.

Fifth is youngest of the kings sisters, Princess Christina mrs Magnusson wearing the four button tiara, and it looks like the necklace of saphires and pearls that Victoria of Baden got as an engagemengpresent from her her future husband, Gustaf V together with huge glasses (although when it comes to huge eyewear she cannot rival Uhro Kekkonen, president of Finland, in front of her.)

Now; does anyone know who the women in blue, in front of and behind Princess Margareta are? It looks like they are someone. I'm also curious of the woman in yellow, in front of HRH Princess Birgitta.

swewedsilviaoperasmall.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 2:45:27 PM
I know it''s not the best picture, but it shows off so much of the bernadotte collection that i just can''t help myself.

It''s the night before HM the king of Swedens wedding to Silvia Sommerlath.
Eyes on the women of second row;
First we have HRH Princess Lilian, duchess of Halland wearing her own laurel leaf tiara. (In front of her, Marianne Bernadotte in blue.)

Then we have HRH Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen wearing the Leuchtenberg Saphire parure. Third lady is Princess Margreth, mrs Ambler, wearing Queen Sophias nine prong diamond tiara and *I think* the Napoleonic amethyst necklace that HMQ Silvia had reset into a tiara in the mid 80s (See the previous picture of Desirée wearing it).

Fourth is the already mentioned Princess Desirée baroness Silfverschiöld, wearing what i *think* is her own tiara (that I know nothing about) it could be the Baden Fringe tiara, but it looks a bit small for that. It also looks like she''s wearing the Pink topaz parure, that also comes from the first french empire.
In front of her I think is HMQ Sonja of Norway wearing.... Is it the emeralds or the diamond tiara that got stolen in the early 90s? I cannot see.

Fifth is youngest of the kings sisters, Princess Christina mrs Magnusson wearing the four button tiara, and it looks like the necklace of saphires and pearls that Victoria of Baden got as an engagemengpresent from her her future husband, Gustaf V together with huge glasses (although when it comes to huge eyewear she cannot rival Uhro Kekkonen, president of Finland, in front of her.)

Now; does anyone know who the women in blue, in front of and behind Princess Margareta are? It looks like they are someone. I''m also curious of the woman in yellow, in front of HRH Princess Birgitta.
All I can say is that you know you are important if you''re sitting with a whole bunch of ladies wearing diamond tiaras!! LOL!

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 5:55:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

All I can say is that you know you are important if you''re sitting with a whole bunch of ladies wearing diamond tiaras!! LOL!
haha!
So true. so very true!

estelaris

Rough_Rock

Speaking of the Bernadotte’s… today it was announced that HRH Princess Madeleine got engaged to her long time boyfriend!

I am trying to find a good picture of her ring… can anyone help me?

robinj

Shiny_Rock
best picture i''ve found so far. Emerald cut, and with smaller diamonds around.
Her older sister, HRH Crown Princess Victoria, got a diamond solitaire with a traditional cut.

Ny-ring.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
And the Crown Princess Victorias ring, just for comparison.

victoriaring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/11/2009 6:55:14 PM
best picture i've found so far. Emerald cut, and with smaller diamonds around.
Her older sister, HRH Crown Princess Victoria, got a diamond solitaire with a traditional cut.
Wow, it's tiny (for a royal), but elegant. I think some of the younger royals are getting away from the big blingy e-rings of their predecessors.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their mother, Queen Silvia, at her own wedding. Interesting tiara with what looks like cameos or intaglia carvings. She's so pretty here, reminds me of a young Ali McGraw.

1976_06_19_silvia_carl_gustav.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i think Princess Desirée wears the baden fringe tiara

Mimmi

Rough_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring that looks very nice on her finger.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
The Cameo parure is said to have belonged to Empress Josephine of France and came to Sweden via her grand daughter, Josephine of Leuchtenberg when she married the Swedish crown prince Oscar (future Oscar I).

The tiara is interresting, since it doesn't have any stones at all, but are pearls and cameos set in gold while the pearl necklace, bracelet and brooch have cameos and diamonds set in gold.

Looking at old pictures it looks like every other cameo of the tiara has been removed and replaced by pearl honeysuckles to make the necklace, bracelet and brooch and that's probably the reason why they have a slighty different look with diamonds.

Front cameo shows a woman and cupid, symbolizing "Love", the front left is the profile of a man and the front right profile of a woman.

It has become the "wedding tiara" of swedish royalties, since the queens sister HRH Princess Birgitta wore it at the civil cermony in Stockholm, aswell as Desirée and later HM Queen Silvia.
(Oldest sister Margareta wore a traditional local tiara and youngest sister Christina wore the Cannaught diamond forget-me-not-tiara. Pictures of Birgitta wearing a small crown is from the religious cermony in Sigmaringen, Germany)

This is the tiara that the Crown Princess is most likely to wear at her wedding, but the tradition doesn't go that far back and is not set in stone so it really is anybodys guess. She has never worn it yet.

SwedenCameoTiara.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great picture. Thanks for that!! I wonder if those are all natural pearls (not cultured).

robinj

Shiny_Rock
It should be natural pearls since it's older then the technique to make cultured pearls in an efficent manner...

Picture: Empress Josephine of the French people wearing what I'm told is the original setting of the cameos.

2257428050094285158BwBypJ_ph.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2009 9:21:58 AM
It should be natural pearls since it''s older then the technique to cultivate pearls in an efficent manner...

Picture: Empress Josephine of the French people wearing what I''m told is the original setting of the cameos.
Considering the rarity of natural ROUND pearls, that tiara is really amazing. Thanks again for the wonderful picture.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of necklaces does mette marit have with historicle value

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
I don''t believe she has any...as a crown princess, she has very little jewelry. Almost all of the royal Norwegian jewels are reserved for the queen, but Queen Sonja often lends Mette-Marit the amethyst parure for state functions.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
From the royal forum
its made by the members Her_Majesty

hu3ont.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results