shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The fabulous collection of the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg includind a diamond watch:

Bijoux_de_la_GD_Josephine-Charlotte.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I know The late Duchess of Windsor gave some jewels to the Kents through the years. As far as I remember among these jewels were ruby cherry earrings. Probably you know that Marie Christine and The Duchess were advised not to wear The Duchess of Windsor''s jewels in public (or in The Queen''s presence?), so I''m not sure how they look. Has someone ever seen pictures of them?

Today while cheking the files I found this photograph of Princess Michael wearing cabochon ruby earrings and a ruby bead necklace. Then the above story came to my mind with the quesion - Are these Wallis''s earrings. I am not a fan of bead necklaces, but the earrings IMO are very beautiful.

Princess Michael of Kent.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH The Garnd Duchess of Luxembourg''s hands - another beautidul diamond watch from the Luxembourgish collection, a two row pearl bracelet with a diamond clasp and an interesting ring.

gdmt_hands.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Isn't she adorable? In almost every picture I've seen of The Grand Duchess she has a smile on her face and I think the grand duchal couple have a really happy marriage.
I forgot to mantion that the hands shot are an extract from a large picture. Here is the resized original:

bh9.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A close view of the brooch - two large pear shaped pearls hanging from short diamond chains. The chains are suspended from a small diamond bow. This is the only pictre of this brooch.

bh19.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
She really is a lovely woman :) Say what you will about her relationship with the press, she''s quite charming, in my opinion.

Does anyone claim to be a Luxembourg jewelry "expert?" I know a little bit about the Luxembourg jewelry collection and the relationship (or lack thereof) between the Grand Duchesses Josephine and Theresa, but little else. Anyone have any dazzling pictures or information?
31.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2009 7:58:56 PM
Author: shadowed_rain
She really is a lovely woman :) Say what you will about her relationship with the press, she''s quite charming, in my opinion.

Does anyone claim to be a Luxembourg jewelry ''expert?'' I know a little bit about the Luxembourg jewelry collection and the relationship (or lack thereof) between the Grand Duchesses Josephine and Theresa, but little else. Anyone have any dazzling pictures or information?
31.gif

I don''t know a lot about them (the family and collection). I have some nice photos and would post them if you, the posters here, are interested. I hope others also have pictures and will be kind enough to post them.

This is my favourite tiara from the family'' collection. In other sites it''s called The (Russian) Kokoshnik. The centaral stone (sapphire) in some pictures look slighter, so maybe it''s interchangeable.
Any information about this beautiful piece is appreciated.

Bobby

80729753.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another beauty - This necklace first appeared at the 25th wedding aniversary of the GD couple. It is likely that the necklace was a gift from The Grand Duke and can be converted into tiara. Hopefully in the recent future we''ll see it in it''s two(?) forms.

That''s for now. If you''re interested I will post more pictures of the Luxembourgish jewels.

Bobby

luxemburgoa18.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
INCREDIBLE PHOTOS....please keep them coming!
36.gif

Lori

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Now that''s what I call a necklace! I''d be delighted to see more, Bobby, if you have other Luxembourgian pictures. ''Twould be greatly appreciated!

~Rachel

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Grand Duchal couple visited Sweden last year.
This diamond scroll-work tiara was a wedding present from Société Géneral (the bank?) to Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium on occasion of her marriage to Prince Jean of Luxemburg (later Grand Duke). The diamond choker can be worn as a tiara and has removable pearl spikes. This diamond collet necklace is IMO the most frequently worn one.

JewelsWeddingTiaraSwedenApr08.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Grnad Duchess Maria Teresa in 2001 during the Greek president's state visit to Luxembourg. HRH's wearing the diamond choker from the above picture as a tiara. The family has a citrine paprure, so the large stone in the brooch may be a citrine.
GD Jean abdicated the previous year, so maybe this is the first state visit to the Grand Duchy from Henry's reign.

2001GreekSVStateBanquet-GDMariaTere.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
State visit to Holland.
The enormous diamond tiara most likely came to Luxembourg via Grand Duchess Elisabeth Mikhailovna of Russia, who married Duke Adolph of Nassau (later GD of Lux.) in 1844. These two rivieras are often worn together. The diamond rose brooch is very, very beautiful and maybe even QEII would envy Maria Teresa. The large pearl and diamond earrings are among her favourite jewels. HRH also wears the pearl and diamond bracelet and the diamond watch, I''ve already posted.
The Grand Duchess is indeed a fortunate woman!

57409956.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
State visit from/to Belgum - GD Henry's uncle. A diamond choker with n oval cabochon emerald, emerald and diamond earrings and a diamond epaulet. On this one can see that the giant tiara has yellow diamonds.

Folow this link for more iõformation: Empire Diamond Tiara

73644911.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The long emerald and diamond earrings. The picture is from RJWMB:

HQ2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Art Deco tiara of diamonds and a large cabochon emerald was originaly created for Grand Duches Charlote - the present monarch''s grandmother. I''ll try to find a better photo, but can''t promise I will.

Henri_and_Maria_Teresa_of_Luxembourg.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
When I first mentioned JC's Societe Société Générale tiara I forog to post this picture. As far as I remember the cental part is detachable and can be worn as brooch. The biggest diamond (8ct) can be removed and worn as a solitaire ring.

lux1a.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not as glittering as the other jewels, but still nice. This picture was taken in 2006 during the celebrations of the GD couple''s 25th anniversary. Any guesses what the stones are or who the designer is?

71350115.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Turquoise and diamond parure. As far as I know the jewels are new additions to the GD familly''s collection. With the right hairdo the tiara would look even better.

PPE08112492.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This amethsyt parure was created for the late Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte. Although not that bad, they could have made something better looking from these big and deep coloured stones. Especially the tiara - why don't add diamond frames to the stones and reset them horizontaly. This would make it look like the Swedish amethyst tiara, which IMO is very nice.
I don't like being off topik, but does anyone know if the swedish tiara can be unframed and worn as necklace again? From the old pics, I can say it was a very pretty necklace.

53139828.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
These two pictures are from a colage from The Royal Forums showing some of GD MT''s tiaras. ¹8 is the aquamarine parure, creatd for JC. ¹9 is the citrine parure (or parts of it) probably also created for her.

mariateresatiarabm05.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Swedish state visit 1983. The then Hereditary Grand Duchess wears the aqua tiara and an aqua pendant. You can see that pendant on the group picture of the Loxembourg jewels on the previous page.

1983SwedishSVStateBanquet-HGDMariaT.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The last picture I have worth posting is this diamond Art Deco knot brocch.

bh7.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
The swedish Bernadotte amethyst tiara can - according to an article in www.svenskdam.se last year - still be used as a necklace but I don''t think I''ve seen it used as such by any of the living royals.
The tiara-necklace has some impressive stones and great craftmanship, but I must admit it''s not a favourite of mine; it makes everyone''s head seem very broad and flat. Like you could place something on top of the head...

The Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg has some impressive and beautiful jewellery!!
thanx for the pictures!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Dear Robin,

I thinks I fully agree with you. The amethysts aren''t the best tiara, but when worn as necklace they are just great (IMO of course).
I think one of the problems is the way Queen Silvia wears it - When I look at pics of The Queen & tiara, it looks like an amethyst regal circlet. The main problem, however, is that the necklace wasn''t created to be worn on the head, but around the neck.
The last picture I saw of it in the original form was during the diner that marked The King and Silvia''s engagement. The wearer was one of The King''s sisters.

ROYALBANQUET19Stairs.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think that when worn this way, the tiara doesn''t look that bad.

cp_vic_amethyst.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A picture of the (demi)-parure before the big necklace was mounted of a frame. I hope there''ll be less formal occasions, where tiaras won''t be required and we''ll see the necklace again.

Bobby

amethystparure.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results